Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody else sick and tired of spawn campers ?

Unhappy Is anybody else sick and tired of spawn campers ?

This IS an issue on every server thus far and it will get much worse if FC should ever implement server hops. I am sick and tired on not being able to even get a chance at a rare drop because some gay a$$ bunch of campers (most of the time the same ones) have either:

1. Parked their characters at the spawn and kill it everytime it reappears for hours and hours...

2. Have killed the spawn everytime for past several months and therefore know the exact time of the next respawn.

Funcom if you still give a slightest crap PLEASE I BEG YOU implement a rare spawn pick up timer like on Asheron's Call, where is the spawn time can be quite short, however the next time that a particular player can pick up that unique item is like 7 days or longer. This is the most effective way to control unique/rare spawns and make them at least plausible for 90% of your players to try.

The problem isn't campers, the problem is not enough places to camp.

Have you seen how much of the world map is barren? I'd say most of it..there's alot of potentialsolution right there for fixing this problem.

I think most of the rare drops should be found in static dungeons, in places where it takes a cooperative and multi-team raid to acquire them, rather than in places you can just get to and then camp out at. And the best way to do this is to put them in dungeons where there are plenty of mobs.

Take Tarrasque in Camelot Castle. I was able to duo my way down to his room at level 110, because my partner and I never had to fight more than one mob at a time the whole way. He wasn't up, and I don't think we could have duoed him if he was, but the fact that we were able to get there at all, simply because we only had to fight single pulls the whole time, is indicitive of why spawn camping by individuals if not guilds is not just possible - but easy.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

That's the perfect solution. Completely shaft the casual player who, due to real life constraints, cannot be a part of the "uber" guild scene.

All that would do would be to get the guilds camping the spawns instead of individuals, i.e. Storm, etc.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

The uber guilds already are camping all the spawns. It's just so easy they can spread out and camp several simultaneously.

This way they'd have to pick, concentrate their power, and give other people a chance to get at other spawns.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

While this wouldn't fix the whole problem, part of it is that the spawn times are so regular. Like clockwork. The Uber-guilds (read: Storm, The Council, etc) know EXACTLY when the MOB is going to respawn because they time it. They probably have a whole pattern that they can follow to camp all the good stuff.

"Well, we'll go kill the Tarrasque, cruise down and take out the Iron Reet, then....."

Solution: make the respawn time anytime between 15 min and "X" (X being it's former spawn time). That means that if they want to be there when it respawns, they have to sit at that exact spot and wait. While it doesn't help that particular boss, they can't "time it" so they can camp others in the interim.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Easy FC

Make spawns [RANDOM] , that way noone has a clue to when the person will be back and you have to be there 24/7 , now thats storyline...

So staying there 24/7 will stop camping how?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Well, noone said it would stop it, actualy i dont have a problem with it. But hell, if u want to pay 12.95$ a month sitting the same place 24/7, be my guest Right now everybody knows the spawntimes, thats what makes it sour for some players...

If we nerfed all the bridges, this would solve all our problems.

I agree completely with random spawns, but the unique mobs would have to be adjusted accordingly.

As of right now, you HAVE to know when they're going to spawn so you can get your group ready to take him out. If it was random, then it should be able to be killed by the typical groups that might just runu into him by chance.

It would have to be done right, or else there would be even less of the rare drops, they'd just be spread thinner. That kind of solution wouldnt make anyone happy I don't think..

well, i dunno....

First off, I will state, most of these items are not supposed to be owned by low lvl players. Colnol Frank Kaehler. He can take you out in a heartbeet, We killed him last night. Then we knew we had 4 minutes to head on over to nugget, we killed him, then we had a 50 min wait for Prof Van Horn. We killed him as well. ( i love my new shades and shiny vest )

But, there isnt any ways a lvl 30 player should be wandering around in a expensive kevlar vest. or Kaehler sleeves. OR shades. These are rare hard to get items. not meant for lowbies. If a lvl 30 team walked up to Keahler, and ther was no one even there to camp against, and that lvl 30 team tried to take him on... he would kill the ENTIRE team. Same thing with Commander Kelly. Or nugget, or Prof Van Horn. These items are reserved for the high lvls mostly ( at least in my opinion ) They do NOT belong to the uberguilds. Though those are the ones who tend to get it. ( i am in a pretty studly guild, so im lucky. Not Storm or TC ( thank god )) And I got my items. But I can see how the casual HIGH lvl player wanting these items can get mad about the camp/spawn situation. However, how many casual high lvl players are there? Not alot I would think, though that is mearly speculation. There are some lower lvl spawns the big bad meanies camp to oblivion ( Anyone want a crat suit? Ask Storm, they own them ALL )
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

The people I'm annoyed by are those who would rather complain and whine instead of finding out how they could also get a piece of the pie.

Spawn times are not based off when the mob dies. It's based off a specific timer when that zone was last rebooted. In nugget case, it's about 18 hours and 20 minutes, +/- 5 minutes.

If you want loot, get a high team to do damage. Have I helped camp? Yes, quite so. Was that wrong of me? no, i learned the system instead of whining about it, and perhaps you should do the same rather than screaming "who moved my cheese"....

It is not a player issue IMHO. Some players are just pigs. Nothing will change them and they will adapt to any set of system rules. Complaining about them is like complaining about the tides or the 24 hour day. Others players will complain no matter what. I think it is a design issue. FC has a broken rewards system that encourages camping and other forms of loot hogging. If FC cannot devise a system to make some items and quests in the game reasonably available to casual and persistent gamers, they will pay with alientated subscribers. This is not the only (or greatest) method by which FC does it.

MM

Yes, I'm sick and tired of spawn campers. It was a primary reason why I left EQ. I don't even consider doing that type of thing in AO, no virtual stuff is worth it imo. Any item like this is just a gigantic source of frustration and waste of time, and I regard them as non-existent.

As an aside I was surprised to see how orderly and organised the queue for alvin was. Players were simply getting in line and waiting their turn at him.

Unfortunately that co-operation didn't extend to the other parts of the quest

Regards,

Ktyak.

The same old quest system to obtain uber items needs to go...

ALL spawns that drop ANY kind of UBER loot should be RANDOM spawns, both in location and time. Static mobs = static campers.

ALL quest-related NPCs should be RANDOM spawns, both in location and time. Static NPCs = lines for the quest and *******s who lock the NPCs trade window open when "Alvin ate his card".

FunCom can't fix this because doing so would require massive changes to the game....

Screw that, at least for spawns that happen indoors. Loot timers won't solve it. Randomness won't solve it. Screw all of that.

FC, you have this lovely dynamic mission system. Would it be so hard to implement it for "static" dungeons? Simply make a new item - shared static key creater - that would create keys. Those keys would be handed out to everyone you wanted in your own particular "static" dungeon (not just teammates, necessarily, but anyone you wanted along, so you could bring 2x teams for high-end mobs). When you walked in the entrance, you would be put into the appropriate 'dynamically' created zone. Make them despawn after 12 or 24 hours, or some similarly appropriate amount of time. That solves the whole spawn-camping problem, at least for indoor spawns. Outdoors is a different deal, and harder to deal with - I hesitate to suggest moving them indoors, as I like being outdoors at least a little, but I think TLR dungeon is a nice example of an indoors zone that doesn't feel quite so cramped.

Caveat: I believe Tarasque is in a PvP dungeon? I know there's one PvP static zone, though I don't know what it is. Keep PvP statics the way they are - the PvP aspect ought to keep spawncamping down.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

What you do is make it so any one person can only get experience or loot killign a specific uber boss once or once per day.

It is.... except its not 1 person, it's 1 team.

You're little slayerdroid, or wussy demon, won't take those guys out. get a team and a good one.
    Funcom won't be changing things, but if you don't need that item bad enough to get a big team to get it, then move on because you have no chance otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast