Thread: A Challenge to the Sentinels

A Challenge to the Sentinels

Simon Silverstone and his Sentinels have behaved better than expected in our chamber of the Council of Truth.

So now Simon, I give you a second chance in public. Will you refute your words of the past against the Council?

A complete, and unedited transcript of the speech held by Simon Silverstone in Old Athen the evening of August 22, 29476:

Loyalist clan members, friends and comrades – our freedom and future is being held hostage by corporate criminals!

We have just been informed that the ICC and their so-called ‘Peacekeepers’ are on course for Rubi-Ka.

They will no doubt attempt to shroud their intentions with hegemonic slogans like ‘protecting innocent civilians’, and ‘maintaining peace and order’.

This is nothing but blatant lies, exorbitant paraphrasing, and corporate rhetoric. After all, who is the ICC – the ‘Intergalactic Confederation of *Corporations*’ – coming here to protect and assist? Me? You? Honest, hardworking clan members? Lazy, two-faced neutrals? Corporation employees?

No one, not one person here, is wide-eyed enough to believe these bedtime stories. The ICC is merely protecting the interests of the corporations it serves. The ICC wants to ensure the continued exploitation of Rubi-Ka's natural resources, of notum, so that the corporations can keep fattening themselves on the carcass of freedom and justice!

The ICC, Omni-Tek, and the Council of "Truth" - they are nothing but the whores of profit, wallowing in a capitalistic bed of fornication, conspiring to silence the voice of reason with every underhanded means at their disposal; be it the Peacekeepers, Omni-Tek's Armed Forces, or propaganda about the Dust Brigade's supposed ‘terrorist attacks’.

If we are to avoid being devoured by the corporate machine, we have to act now. The time of diplomacy and feeble inaction has to end.

I, Simon Silverstone, and the Sentinels will support anyone, any individual, clan, or organisation with the courage to stand up to the Council of Truth and its faithful flock. We are clan members, not sheep, and we have to fight the sheepherders with every means at our disposal:

Our hearts, or minds... and our guns!

We have nothing at all to lose. We cannot lose. We are the David of our times, standing up against the giant Goliath. We are the wrathful angles of mercy, facing the injustice of the demons of Mammon.

As we speak, a wind of change is blowing over the hot sands of Rubi-Ka, and we are approaching a time when history can be rewritten by our hands. This is the moment when we have to make a difference, stand up and be counted, in the name of our birthrights to human dignity, and a life free of the corporate shackles!

With justice on trial and the jury in deliberation, time is precious. There has been too much talk. If we are to avoid a favourable ruling for the plaintiff, we have to make a closing argument too strong to be overruled. Too strong to ignore! Too strong for Peacekeepers or soldiers or ‘loyal employees’ to stand up against! A tide greater than all the waves of the sea will sweep across Rubi-Ka, and you - all of you - will ride the crest of that tide to victory!

A new sun will rise on Rubi-Ka, and it will be coloured blood red.
    Now that you've joined the Council and have major support in it... what do you say about the Council now? Reconcile your words Simon and the Sentinels or reveals yourselves as hypocrites.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Another thing to keep in mind Sallust, was that was the old council of truth who ran in our time of need. I dont need to say anything else.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Really? I thought it was the Clans who ran out on the Council in it's time of need when it was under attack from Omni-Tek.

What did the Council ever do to you? It was the Council which setup and trained the Blade guards which still protect many of the Clan territories today. Who setup the original whompa network, who brought us a period of peace and prosperity through the amnesty. It was the Council who brought the disparate Clans together and created a representative democracy for us all.

It was Malcontents in the Council of Ares, the Sentinels as shown before, and other startups that crumbled even faster than the Council of Truth which let you down.

Your voice is one of those being represented in the new Council as well.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

You are a brave man Sallust. But Im afraid your high hopes are feeble. Maybe even foolish....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Silverstone may wave his flag and stands upon his soap box. When the sun of blood sets upon Rubi-Ka, the people cry out thirsty for food and shelter.

These organizations who are slaves to capitalism provides the jobs and the money these people need to take care of their family.

Silverstone is spreading the flames of war and trumpeting his cause but to who's gain is it. Question whether he works to take revenge for himself or to defend others against these 'evil' mammoth hyper-corporations.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.