Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill 2 birds with one stone

Nerfing reflect was NOT the main point of this post (well it was part of it but not all). The other part was making engineers and soldiers more pvp viable. All you whiners who say it will be bad in pvm...when's the last time you found a mission difficult? Honestly, they're nothing more than a yawnfest with me spamming q and jumping over obstacles. No challenge whatsoever. People are too spoiled with how it is now.

-Fotik
    Engineer

Bring down bracers to 11%?..
    That would leave soldiers at 41% and (insert proff here) with 41%.

Sure you say we can MK, but thats our LAST option in team pvp... or when duelling a rooter.. we are very much more vulnerable and rootable after it breaks/during..

- make ref self only, hell even Agents can use our damned TMSX before i can..

Wuushu - 177 sol

I agree with fotik, with bracers and a soldier/engy reflect shield people are walking around with nearly TMS on all the time...I'd trade my 75% reflect for a 50% reflect with out the nano skills inoperative any day.

another thing, i hardly ever use soldier/engy reflect shields because when i go to TMS it says a better nano is running...this shouldn't be, TMS should take over any shield...having to terminate your current shield b4 you TMS takes too much time, and most likely you will be dead b4 you can do so. OR make any program that makes your nano skills inoperative break roots every 10 secs...or something along those lines...

and AFTER i tms...if i get rooted i'm there until nano skills inoperative is off...and will be dead. me being a lower lvl soldier my tms lasts for 40 seconds...i can't cast anything for another min. 20 secs. say a root lasts for 3 mins...i'm sitting there for 80 seconds with no shield, no way to break the root.

one more thing, when i cast tms, if i started the battle with a flashpoint, i can't change my weps for 20 seconds...because of the recharge, this is half of my tms...so i'm sitting there for half of my tms not shooting but maybe 1 or 2 times with fp.

in closing to this rant..that is about 3 paragraphs too long, i want to say that making soldiers shields self only wouldn't help me with my reflect unless they make TMS break my current shield..BUT there wouldn't be other ppl running around killing me with my own buff.

Dooomiz - 126 soldier
    Doomiz - 96 enforcer

PS - i prolly didn't make any sense in this post but i hope you got the idea:/

There is no doubt something must be done about reflects, especially in PvP.

What I would do is replace all reflect bracers with sheild bracers of the same QL and type.

Removing the bracers would probably be enough, I'd see how it goes for a while though..

If that doesn't do it though, I would make the soldier/engineer reflects self only and give them a lesser team version like the MA.

I would give the engineer a slightly better one because let's face it, they don't bring much else to a team at those levels. Most engineers ditch the bot and get a shotgun, effectively making them lesser versions of the soldier to a team.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; Jun 23rd, 2002 at 22:25:52.

Yes give the engs a good self only reflect shield buff so they can tank!

well, how about?

How about making the reflect shield stack with TMS?

Now, granted, get a good enough RRF, and you'll be invincible for a period of time, but make the nano shutdown last longer.

lets use MKX for example.

now, with 25+ reflect you will be invincible for about a min and a half. Extend the nano shutdown another minuet. Now it lasts for 3. So youre invincible for about a min and a half, and then still have your 30% reflect for the time during the nano shutdown, so youre not totally vunerable.

Mabey not make the lowest ones last a full 3min, but go up to that as the QL increases.

And do something else to fix enginees, cause they need alot more work than self only to their reflect shield.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

So you're invincible all the time you're outside the shop, bunker, what have you, and then you run back inside. Nope, that's not going to be a problem at all.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    So you're invincible all the time you're outside the shop, bunker, what have you, and then you run back inside. Nope, that's not going to be a problem at all.

Hmmm..... good point. Didn't think about zone huggers. Well, back to the old drawing board.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Lightbulb

I dont think soldiers would zone as much with a change like that. At moment soldiers need to zone after mk is down because 1. the only shield left is bracers 2. there is a nanno shut down witch makes the soldier unable to breake root.
    I think best suggestion would be to if a soldier mk he gets 75%+bracers reflect. And when it is down it goes back to the rrf+bracer. But still with the nanno shut down. This would make me atleast wanna stay in zone and wait for nanno shut go out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12