Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Review of the Council of Truth.

Review of the Council of Truth.

Reporter Chilia Moran

(OTPC) -- Let's take a walk down memory lane and review the actions affected by the Council of Truth these past two months. Although the notion of clan self-governance is preposterous, it is nevertheless quite entertaining to learn about their most recent chattering.

The Council of Fools held one of their silly little meetings, and once again they kept rambling on about restoring Omni-2 to its former glory. While most of the assembled Clan representatives seemed to be in favor of first removing the damaged and ruined portions of the city, Synergy Factors Nemene "Semirage" Boann came up with another issue concerning Omni-2. According to my sources, Semirage made several remarks about the abysmal state of health care in town. She pointed out that diseases are spreading, mainly due to the bad air and water conditions there.

Let us not forget who brought the city to its current sorry state. It was the very same clanners who have brought the current conditions upon themselves. They want to clean out the city in earnest? Here is my suggestion: Carpet Bombing. That would remove the stench of murderers and thieves and at the same time also clean the water as there would be no clanners left who could step through it with their dirty feet.

If you really want to improve the city, that you yourselves have torn apart, then surrender it back to Omni-Tek.

The next topic discussed was the Dust Brigade. Even though it is beyond doubt to any clear thinking citizen that this bunch of thugs hiding out in the Perpetual Wastelands are nothing but terrorists of the vilest sort, some clans in the Council are actually leaning in favor of them. Admittedly, most clans seem to be against their acts of terrorism. But then again: Who can assure us that this is not yet another publicity stunt? If they really wanted to get rid off the dustbags, why don't they hand over Henri Radiman to the cooperation for questioning? That would be the least they could do after having openly admitted that they themselves lack the military strength to hunt down and defeat the Dust Brigade. Of course, there are the Sentinels. Though one would be foolish to believe that they would lift a finger to help with anything that might benefit others than themselves.

During the discussion, a point was made on how the Dust Brigade may cause a drop in support for the Clans in general. Here is what Commander "Windguaerd" Wagner had to say on the matter:

"This is something we are concerned since every time the Dust Brigade strikes the propaganda labels them clan and we lose galactic support!"

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that he, of all people, should talk about galactic support? The clans don’t have any support. Period. Who supports them?

The last time they got "support" was from Sol Banking who, of course, had their own ulterior motives. "Notum for guns!" was the word of the day back then. Now ask yourself this: If Omni-Tek had been defeated, then who would have been ready to take over the planet? Yes, Sol Banking. Does anyone seriously believe in this nonsense that an inter-galactic hyper corporation would act out of sheer altruism to help some unwashed wannabe freedom fighters? Unlike Omni-Tek, Sol Banking does not care about their losses in a potential conflict. They command one of the largest droid armies in the galaxy. If the Clans really managed to get Omni-Tek off the planet then Sol Banking is ready to step in to take over, and after them, TruSpace network. Not a single Hyper Corporation would openly support the clanners if it was not for their own motives. It does not matter how much support they may or may not have on other planets, because there will always be others who are eager to control the notum flow. If you really want to have a free world then rejoin the Omni-Tek family.

In one of the recent meetings the Council actually possessed the gall to accuse Omni-Tek of invading their territory. Now, this might come as a surprise to our misinformed friends in the north, but there is no area on the planet Rubi Ka that is yours anymore. It was Henri Radiman who saw to that when he ran off and disappeared. It was the very Council itself that canceled the Tir Accord. And that state has not changed by one iota with the formation of a new Council.

Let us not get started on what your very own Clans are doing; attacking peaceful employees of Omni-Tek who want nothing else but do their job in the Notum fields. If you really want concessions to do your own mining, then come and rejoin Omni-Tek!

To sum things up, let us take a look at what the Council had in store for the latest meeting held on August 31st.

#1 A discussion about billboards in Omni 2 and Tir advertising the Council of Truth.
    Billboards? That is certainly a subject worth talking about. I guess a few posters and fliers are more important than peace.

#2 A discussion about drafting more guards for the CoT tower area or wether the tower's current security system is sufficient.
    Fuel the arms race! More guards to be on standby for another attack on Omni-Tek.

#3 Vote: Should the CoT offer verbal support for attacks on Omni mining installations in the northern sectors of Rubi Ka?
    This is where the Council reveals its true motives that are lurking behind that phony mask of benevolence. They openly claim to seek peace and yet they are supporting acts of war? They claim that it the issue involves only "their" northern territories.

As they stated themselves, the Tir Accord is dead. There is no demarcation line anymore, they have no rightful claim to any territories to call their own anymore. So what is this verbal support they offer for attacks on Omni-Tek property then but a feeble attempt to hide the fact that they are just looking for a way to bloody their mercenary forces? And what will happen should they actually succeed to wrest the mining installations in the northern territories away from their rightful owners? What will be next? 2hO Outpost? 3hO Outpost? Omni-Med? Omni-1? Rome?

It is in fact getting harder and harder to make out how the Council can continue to claim that they are not seeking war, when all the signs are pointing in the opposite direction. The majority of the Council supported the vote, it seems to me that there are only very few left who really want peace.

There will be bloodshed and the so-called Notum War will likely escalate into a full-blown war. The Council should be very well aware that the corporation will not be sitting by idly when the Clans attack its property. Retaliation will be swift and deadly. This time not coming from the office of Chairman Ross, though. Sadly, he has proven his unwillingness to step up and his incompetence to handle the matter times and again. No, I am speaking of the myriad employees who make up the company. Who will once again, and have always done so, save the corporation from its own mistakes. It will be them once more, not Omni Pol or the likes who choose to hide out in bars in Omni Entertainment, who will defend the corporations interests. I believe it is time that every loyal Omni Tek employee should take up arms to be ready for war, since there seems to be no way to prevent it anymore.

A plea to Boss Ross: Do something. Take a walk, give an interview, jump out of the window, anything. Just do something to let us know that you are actually still there and that you care for this company. We need to know that the CEO is there for us to provide leadership in times of need. Because if you are not, you might one day wake up to find out that there are no more employees who are willing to follow you.

If they really wanted to get rid off the dustbags, why don't they hand over Henri Radiman to the cooperation for questioning?
    Obviously you just want Radiman. This statement makes no sense. How would revealing Radiman get rid of the Dust Brigade in any way? Unless Omni has control over the Dust Brigade, it would not be able to stop them from their terrorist raids against us.

#2 A discussion about drafting more guards for the CoT tower area or wether the tower's current security system is sufficient.
    Fuel the arms race! More guards to be on standby for another attack on Omni-Tek.
    Where did you get your reporting credentials? This is the kind of speculation trash you would only find in backyard tabloids. It clearly states in the bullet you quoted that the guards would be for the area of the CoT tower. It would be beyond foolish to acquire such a security force only to send them off to attack Omni-Tek and leave the CoT tower unguarded.

It is in fact getting harder and harder to make out how the Council can continue to claim that they are not seeking war...
    Seeking war? We have been at war for many generations now. Peace is the ultimate goal, though how that comes about may be widely disputed. If the owners of the Omni mines removed them peacefully from the northern territories there would be less bloodshed, would there not? It seems to me that Omni-Tek doesn't care for it's employees as much as it's propoganda dictates if it would force them to remain there.

A plea to Boss Ross: Do something. Take a walk, give an interview, jump out of the window, anything. Just do something to let us know that you are actually still there and that you care for this company. We need to know that the CEO is there for us to provide leadership in times of need. Because if you are not, you might one day wake up to find out that there are no more employees who are willing to follow you.
    What is this? You rib and laugh at the CoT and yet you blatantly display that Omni-Teks leadership is virtually non existant.

I'd like to thank you for publicizing the Council of Truth for us. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Lunayu; Aug 14th, 2004 at 08:59:20.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

The Council of Truth have continously refused to take action to bolster their accountability by giving support to the millitant Clans and promoting the terrorist actions of Clanners that slaughter civilians and city defenders trying to perform their job.

Council of Truth? Council of Lies is a more befitting name. They say they're for freedom yet they oppress Neutrals and Omni-Tek citizens alike regardless. They say they are for a better all Rubi-Ka, yet their millitant actions are conquest rather in nature. They say they know how to best run Rubi-Ka, yet they cannot even uphold common law and accountability among their own.

The Council of Truth have done nothing except to serve their selfish ends while harming the Neutrals and Omni-Tek alike. They escalate the conflict by supporting millitant Clans then have the nerve to complain about the hostile conditions that they have created!
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Kithrak
    The Council of Truth have continously refused to take action to bolster their accountability by giving support to the millitant Clans and promoting the terrorist actions of Clanners that slaughter civilians and city defenders trying to perform their job.
    Well, it is not our place to make other clans conform to "our" viewpoint Kithrak. I assume we were escaping that when we started this war hundreds of years ago. Think what you wish, though.

Council of Truth? Council of Lies is a more befitting name. They say they're for freedom yet they oppress Neutrals and Omni-Tek citizens alike regardless. They say they are for a better all Rubi-Ka, yet their millitant actions are conquest rather in nature.
    Why would we fight for the freedom of Omnis? You have a clan application in a store near you. Use it. ...and PLEASE define "better" to a one line statement that EVERY employee would agree to. I'd welcome you to try to tell all of Omni Tek how things should be. Show me the lies from the Council as a whole first, before you call us liars. We support the Clans..thats not a lie.

They say they know how to best run Rubi-Ka, yet they cannot even uphold common law and accountability among their own.
    Do you have proof of this statement? I'd like to see it. If any amongst the Council is naive enough to believe he/she/trox has all the answers then either they have 1) an agenda, 2) a case of severe stupidity.

The Council of Truth have done nothing except to serve their selfish ends while harming the Neutrals and Omni-Tek alike.
    YES! the Unicorn Company are actually CoT members who went into Borealis and killed a pile of neuts (and each other). Now, historically you may take the initative to bring up Commander Fisk...but all he did was threaten. He didn't actually do it...unike the ultra-benevolent Omni Tek Corporation and its loyal flock of peaceful citizenry. *laughs out loud*

They escalate the conflict by supporting millitant Clans then have the nerve to complain about the hostile conditions that they have created!
    And there we have it. Just like Savoy stated in one of her more asinine moments. Promote Unity by isolating the people that don't think like you.

Please show me who is complaining again...

either way, I don't speak for the Council, I speak for my Clan.

Originally posted by Astera
    And there we have it. Just like Savoy stated in one of her more asinine moments. Promote Unity by isolating the people that don't think like you.
    Astera, that is something of a misquote. I advocate politically isolating hardliners not because 'they don't think like me' but because they are destructive force. They are a danger to us all.

It’s no big secret. There are some among us who desire peace and there are those among us who stand to gain from war. This is something that cuts across the faction lines.

The trouble is it only takes one mad man (or woman) with a gun to disrupt months of peace talks. This is because, in the face of danger, we naturally retreat back into the safety of our own faction. And this will happen even if the mad gunman was from our faction!

Anyone serious about peace has to come to realise that “my faction right or wrong” is not going to cut it. It’s just an instinctive, animalistic reaction which puts all us at the mercy of the hardliners and warmongers. They know that all they need to do is stir up a little trouble undermine all the constructive work of those seeking of a fair, long-term solution to this planets problems. After all isn’t that what the Dust Brigade did two years ago?

By isolating the hardliners, I mean isolating them politically. We need to understand that an enemy of peace is an enemy of peace, be he Clan, Omni or Neutral. Omni moderates should not automatically support Omni hardliners and likewise Clan moderates should not automatically support Clan hardliners, because in doing so they are allowing the hardliners to dictate the political agenda on Rubi-Ka. How else would this conflict dragged on for over two centuries?

We have seen examples of this political isolation before. Many Omni citizens are distancing themselves from the Unicorn Company and are even busy fighting them. Likewise in the not too distant past moderate Clanners have joined battle against the Sentinels in Tir, though that seems to have gone out of fashion.

It really is time to redraw the battle lines. The real conflict is not between Clan and Omni, but between those who want peace and those who stand to gain from war.

Now if you still think this as asinine, fair enough.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

It's interesting how OTCP is continuisly selling second hand information, while there's total lack of political statement of higher rank Omni-Tek representatives on Rubi-ka. I agree both sides uses News chanels for propaganda, but somehow FRRK somehow manage to report events both sides withness first hand.

On topic of Dust brigade & Radiman....Dust brigade did strike both Omni-Tek and clans and yet only clans fight them nowdays. It would be maybe more interesting to interview Mr. Ross about whole affiar as former CoT spokesman.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Originally posted by Trgeorge

On topic of Dust brigade & Radiman....Dust brigade did strike both Omni-Tek and clans and yet only clans fight them nowdays. It would be maybe more interesting to interview Mr. Ross about whole affiar as former CoT spokesman.
    Let's not forget that seven months ago when there were rumors of an impending Dust Brigade attack on Borealis, the forces that actually invaded the city and massacred defenders and civilians alike were from Omni-Tek.

I requested an investigation by Omni-Pol, but to date there have been no reports on the status of the investigation, or even so much as a statement that the incident is being investigated. I suppose I will have to consider my other options since Omni-Tek obviously isn't interested in pursuing the issue.

Speaking for myself, I’m afraid of the reformed Council of Truth. However, if I was a member of the clans, I’d still be afraid of it.

I get nervous when I see that the Sentinels hold the largest single voting block, and that Silverstone was named speaker, yet he refused the position. It makes me nervous when I see that the current speaker, Galahad, has not yet gone to a single meeting of his council, and transfers the duties of running the show to the staff. I get concerned when some representatives announce that they do not support Silverstone’s agenda against the neutrals, but are willing to align themselves with him because he makes them feel safe. I get concerned when representatives discuss their relationship with the Redeemed as being on the side of the angels. I get worried when a body that claims to be the second coming of the original Council and should be treated as such openly admits that they are not a clan government.

Again, if I was a member of the clans, I’d still be critical of the Council on these points.

What surprises me is that the adherents to the Council of Truth become so irate when an Omni-Tek member indicates that they favor continued conflict. Can a representative of the Council indicate what steps they have made to promote peace between the clans and Omni-Tek since it’s rebirth?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

I laugh when some Omni employee's get nervous about the Unicorn Company. I laugh when the ponies threaten thier fellow employees.

You can get nervous all you want about the Clans, but you may want to see what your corporate attack dogs up to first.

When the Council wishes to open talks with OT-RK they will. To date, no one of signifigance has tried to contact the Council, only low level functionaries.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Aug 14th, 2004 at 17:57:08.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Astera, that is something of a misquote. I advocate politically isolating hardliners not because 'they don't think like me' but because they are destructive force. They are a danger to us all.
    ...and why are they a danger? Because they are fighting you? They do not adhere to some group of people working for peace? So by saying what you did there, you are further proving the point that if this or that clan does not think the same...then isolate their voice so that the only one hears is the one YOU agree with. I do not think you will be able to explain it to me any other way.

It’s no big secret. There are some among us who desire peace and there are those among us who stand to gain from war. This is something that cuts across the faction lines.
    So "isolate" the voice that doesn't suit your agenda on your side first. *smirks*

Anyone serious about peace has to come to realise that “my faction right or wrong” is not going to cut it. It’s just an instinctive, animalistic reaction which puts all us at the mercy of the hardliners and warmongers. They know that all they need to do is stir up a little trouble undermine all the constructive work of those seeking of a fair, long-term solution to this planets problems. After all isn’t that what the Dust Brigade did two years ago?
    Drawing an arrow from hundreds of years of war to the Dust Brigade is pretty much what i've come to expect from all of you lately. Could it be that EVERYTHING we have has come from fighting Omni Tek? What did peace get us? Peace got us putting our faith in one self-serving politician who Left us when threatened with a little perma-death. Fine clanner there! We've fought for years and every bit of ground or freedom we've gained was won with blood! No amount of debate won us anything, No "accord" stopped the bloodshed. It still went on because some of us are involved in a war, remember why it started and refuse to take what we have now and think..."I have some land now, that makes up for everything."

By isolating the hardliners, I mean isolating them politically. We need to understand that an enemy of peace is an enemy of peace, be he Clan, Omni or Neutral. Omni moderates should not automatically support Omni hardliners and likewise Clan moderates should not automatically support Clan hardliners, because in doing so they are allowing the hardliners to dictate the political agenda on Rubi-Ka. How else would this conflict dragged on for over two centuries?
    So... isolate them because...they...don't (let me know if im getting warm)...think the same? No Clan will dictate any other Clans policy.

We have seen examples of this political isolation before. Many Omni citizens are distancing themselves from the Unicorn Company and are even busy fighting them. Likewise in the not too distant past moderate Clanners have joined battle against the Sentinels in Tir, though that seems to have gone out of fashion.
    really? When? I've seen only political blustering from his detractors...but generally those same people who call for his removal from Tir are the First ones who ask "where were the Sentinels?" when something happens. ...but I won't turn this into a faction argument.

It really is time to redraw the battle lines. The real conflict is not between Clan and Omni, but between those who want peace and those who stand to gain from war.
    ...and the meat of the discussion. Savoy, I would like you to know that I found humor in every word you replied with, especially this statement. Who among the Clans stand to gain from finishing this war that was started hundreds of years ago? All of us. Theres your line.

Will someone please teach that reporter some grammar?

Anyway...

This is a laughable news posting full of propaganda, I'm not even going to bother with it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Re: Review of the Council of Truth.

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC
    [B]Reporter Chilia Moran

The Council of Fools held one of their silly little meetings,
    I thought even Omnis had reporters above the age of 5?
    Here's a tip if you wanna be a reporter and not sounds like a 5 year old child learn grammar and stop using sentences that sound like sumone making a bad joke at a daycare center (the above quoted).

Anyway this article is laughable again another one of OT's lame propaganda attempts fails to have any serious points this time written by a 5 year old.

Another quote "They openly claim to seek peace and yet they are supporting acts of war?" who are claiming to seek peace with you OTs? I'm not and i'm a COT member. Doubt any Sentinel supporters like myself want any form of peace with you OTs so yes i/we are supporting acts of war. I thought this was common knowledge?
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

I think it is apparent now that the reason that peace on Rubi-Ka will never be a responsibility is that certain animals among us will never accept it. It sickens me that a human would rather live in turmoil, killing their own kind than live in harmony, working together with their own kind. Some of us seem to think that just because we cannot die means we should automatically go out and kill each other!

What has war ever gotten anyone? Nothing but misery and bloodshed on both sides. War is basically armed robbery on a national scale! Armed robbery hasn't helped anyone either, has it?

As for everything you have ever had coming from fighting Omni-Tek... you would have infinitely more from peace. If you hadn't begun this war in the first place, you would have this entire planet, from Rome to Tir to Newland, as would we, as would the neutrals. So much more can be gained by working together than by slitting each others throats. Can't you see that?

And let me ask you this: What started this war? The Omni leadership on Rubi-Ka underpaid miners and put them in hazardous working conditions. Why is this even an issue? As I have stated before, everyone involved in that has been dead for centuries. We've come a long way since then, and I'll admit that we were wrong, but if it were possible to see into the past, the Omni-Tek of today and the Omni-Tek of half a milennium ago would defy comparison. We still have a little weeding out to do, like the people responsible for the Unicorn attacks... as well for that Unicorns themselves, but as long as this war continues these people will have more sway.

It is important that we do not fear peace, and accept the fact that two wrongs, unlike three lefts, do not make a right.

As for the reporter writing this article, he is another of the aforementioned parasites. A problem? Well, we can always turn to the perfect solution for anything: carpet bombing. violence does not negate violence. Death does not cancel out death. You can't expect the combination of two like things to create their opposite. Bear this in mind.
    Last edited by Anualken; Aug 15th, 2004 at 01:05:12.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Anualken nice post....

......but I would even believe it if you wouldn't refer to Atroxes as animals. This Omni-Tek attitude is what started this whole war....did you learned in school about some Notum mine accident? It would surely help if Omnis would change their mind fraim to allow seing humans as humans and not as beasts of burden.

We talk about Omni-Tek employees...but who are you/they really? Soldiers, bureaucrats, etc....middle to high ranking proffesions....where are all the miners still extracting notum? Did any of you propaganding war or peace ever got your hands dirty by plain old soil? Have you ever toiled deep underground, bearing heat and humidity? Or do you just hang around in air-conditioned rooms awaiting next pay check or order/memo, whatever comes first?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Astera, you have it backwards with the appearance of the Unicorn Company. The Second Council of Truth continued to instigate and promote a hostile atmosphere between the Clans with the rest of Rubi-Ka(Neutral,Omni) that has made it near impossible for those of us seeking a peaceful resolution to proceed. The Council's backing of the Sentinels, a millitant Clan and continueing to promote terrorist activities in killing city guards and civilians escalated the conflict.

Now the Unicorn Company are here, fufilling the Clan's own prophecy that Omni-Tek is out to get them when they have forgotten that it was the Clan's own actions that braught them here in the first place.

The Council of Truth have liars and those do not look out for the best interests of the rest of Rubi-Ka. Reforms are needed to root out the corruption and millitants that are running the Council into the ground. Stop trying to force a war onto Omni-Tek and Neutrals that won't acomplish anything because ICC's lease on Rubi-Ka will not expire for another 50 plus years.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I think it's the other way around, Kithrak. Omni Employees are trying to force war upon us. You say you try to play the "Good Guy" and try to make peace but how little you realize your Organization attacks Mining Facilities all over Rubi-Ka. So don't try to twist around words, Bureacrat.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

What ridiculous Omni propaganda, it is obvious they have no clue about the internal workings of the Council and only seek to blame wherever possible.

Where is this hostility to neutrals? The major statement about the Dust Brigade agreed to even work with the neutrals... even Silverstone and his Sentinel supporters thought it worthwhile in this case.

I find it interesting too that Omni repeatedly points to trumped up charges against Radiman.. and try to bind it to the Tir accord which Omni itself annulled after seeing to the destruction and disbanding of the old Council which had the audacity to promote a peaceful and democratic Rubi-Ka.

The supposed "Sentinel Majority" is ludicrous as well. Though only one Chamber publishes its membership, I don't believe they have even the largest representation any more... let alone any "majority".

Omni-Tek in the assault on Borealis, takeover of Newland, raid on the Council of Truth, destruction of the earlier Clans, and assaults on their own Notum Miners. Each stage and escalation of conflict is instigated by Omni-Tek. Each time there is a peace, Omni-Tek is the one to break it. If Omni-Tek really wants to make peace, maybe they should be the ones to initiate it instead of the Council of Truth? But we've seen with the Unicorn company just how likely that is.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Kithrak

Now the Unicorn Company are here, fufilling the Clan's own prophecy that Omni-Tek is out to get them when they have forgotten that it was the Clan's own actions that braught them here in the first place.
    As far as I recall, no one brought the Unicorn Company because of any actions taken by any side. They showed up to confiscate items from an unknown crashed ship in Mort. Tell me if I'm wrong.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

Originally posted by Trgeorge
    Anualken nice post....

......but I would even believe it if you wouldn't refer to Atroxes as animals.
    Actually, he did not make such a comment. What he actual said was this…

Originally posted by Anualken
    I think it is apparent now that the reason that peace on Rubi-Ka will never be a responsibility is that certain animals among us will never accept it. It sickens me that a human would rather live in turmoil, killing their own kind than live in harmony, working together with their own kind.
    No singling out of Atroxes, rather a harsh but deserved criticism of the Homo breeds. To take that comment to indicate that Atroxes are animals is perhaps a bit oversensitive, and too eager to damn ones opponents.

Originally posted by Agent Stefano
    Omni Employees are trying to force war upon us. You say you try to play the "Good Guy" and try to make peace but how little you realize your Organization attacks Mining Facilities all over Rubi-Ka.
    Neither side is making any great strides towards peace. However, on the Omni-Tek side, there is a vocal group of employees interested in creating a framework for future high-level discussions. We’ve made numerous attempts to enter into conversation with the clans to discuss what each side would be willing to give up to secure a new ceasefire on Ruby-Ka. So far, their efforts have been rejected, with the possible exception of Cog’s hot tub/treaty negotiation invitation

Let me make this abundantly clear: Both sides will have to give something up. Neither side will accept an unconditional ceasefire. Until the clans are willing to begin to discuss a framework, both sides will continue their efforts to negotiate from a position of power.

Originally posted by Sallust
    I find it interesting too that Omni repeatedly points to trumped up charges against Radiman.. and try to bind it to the Tir accord which Omni itself annulled after seeing to the destruction and disbanding of the old Council which had the audacity to promote a peaceful and democratic Rubi-Ka.
    Sallust, can we at least agree that it is difficult for two governments to maintain a treaty when one of those governments disappears in the night, and doesn’t leave a forwarding grid address?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Agent Stefano
    I think it's the other way around, Kithrak. Omni Employees are trying to force war upon us. You say you try to play the "Good Guy" and try to make peace but how little you realize your Organization attacks Mining Facilities all over Rubi-Ka. So don't try to twist around words, Bureacrat.
    My assignment since Red Tape dissolved due to an act of sabotage is to a detachment belonging to Omni-AF(last I checked). Since I was sent there by Omni-Admin to act as an observer and I am not in their chain of command. They are not privy to take any orders from me. Thus I have no direct control over them, much like the Clans saying that the Clan terrorists attacking Omni-1 are out of their control.

The Clan's millitant actions against the corporation is make it increasingly diffcult to justify advising the Omni-AF to not retaliate against Clanner aggression. In effect, attacks made by the Clans against Neutrals or Omni-Tek are a blow to those within the corporation that seek to reduce hostilities.

Rubi-Ka is made up of more than just mining stations. You are more concerned about Notum mining than the people. Where do your priorities lie? The Council of Truth seem more concerned about siezing power than in peace.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast