Thread: A stupid question to ask...

A stupid question to ask...

I got this game so I could immerse myself in a game-world with a developing storyline. After several weeks of playing and visiting the boards I am still very much in the dark about the story of Rubi-Ka as it unfolds.

Am I missing something important here?

Is there a way to find out the details of the backstory behind this engorssing and fascinating world?

The best way...

((OOC post))

The first step to getting a feel for the conflict and what is going on is:

* Watch the intro movie to the game.
    * Read the news bulletins on www.anarchy-online.com
    * Read the timeline. The second half of this is probably more relevant to the situation
    * Read the Tir Accord. It really lays out the current political situation very well.
    * Check out some of the fansites associated with Anarchy Online
    * Tune in to Gridstream Productions. The good people there provide a decent (if biased) summary of current events.
    * Ask people in-game, particularly people who would appear to be knowledgable.

On both sides of the fence (and in the neutral territories) there are people who are very knowledgable about the politics and details of the situation. These people will sometimes spend time in many of the pubs and bars that dot Rubi-Ka. Lurking around in the fireplace room at Reets Retreat in Stret West or looking for people in uniform at Rompa Bar in Omni-1 Entertainment are both good places to find such people.

I'm always happy to help new Omni-Tek employees get acquainted with the struggle and our role in it. If you send a /tell to Mechanita or Crazynotion then you'll get me

A heartfelt thank you!

Thank you for your comments!
    I'll take up your suggestions as quickly as possible.
    There is just one small question, Machanita: in which dimension are you found?

Oops...

I'm an inhabitant of RK1