Thread: You try to be nice and what do you get in return?

Angry You try to be nice and what do you get in return?

RK 2 - Greasy spawn outside Newland.

5 Hours of waiting in line, finally my turn...

I let everyone tag the bot, took about 4 mins, then when everyone is done I send in my slayer guardian to kill him.

However, Speeddlr told us he was there to tag aswell, which I let him do, when the others were finished tagging he starts to attack aswell.

Totally ignoring the fact that we are being nice to everyone letting them tag and taking turns on this guy.

Speeddlr, ofcourse, the reason for this post, got the kill, take the loot and run off...

Prince "Speeddlr" Kimpton
    Level : 136

Dimension : 2

Breed : Solitus

Faction : Clan

Profession : Trader

Applicant of Quizotic

So what's the morale here?

Even tho you try to be nice someone always make your day a bad one, no more being nice, no more letting people tag, let us turn this into what it's like at RK 1.

Thank you Speeddlr for turning this place into something everyone tried to avoid.

//Edit: Looking at the total damage done I did about 700% more damage than he, yet he still gets the loot rights. If this is a bug or not, I do not know, but he was aware of the line and should not have looted it.

Ezeel
    Last edited by Ezeel; Jun 18th, 2002 at 00:35:35.

heheh.. in RK1, u have to wait 1 hours to Target it.

Then wait another hour to do the right click thing.

And u must be fast too.

GS lasts less than 10 seconds.

And some idiots will even grief taggers... won't say how they do it.

But just want to say... GS brings out the worst in people on RK1.

At other spawn points, it's pretty nice... people will generally help one another. But not GS.

RK-1 here. I tried tagging GJ 3 times yesterday, no luck. There is the normal /s PLEASE JUST LET ME TAG! HOLD YOUR FIRE! and it's always the same. spawn, bots, pets cover mob, can't click, GJ dead. I don't every say a word to the effect of please let me tag. Those there to kill want the kill as bad as you want the tag. Just gotta hope you get it quick enough. I still don't have my tag, but I'll try a couple more times I suppose. And to those who do try to wait for taggers, appreciate it.

Xera
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

Angry !

I'm amazed by the fact that a stupid little quest as this one, with a stupid spawn timer causes more trouble than I ever experienced in 1.5 years in AC, 1 year in UO and 4 months in DAoC.

I guess i'm lucky I never played Everquest (Evercamp).

After 9 hours of camping I finally got my kill however.

The problem in RK 2 is that once the people there settle for a deal, someone else comes in 2 mins before the spawn, AS GJ for 10K dmg, crit him 5K twice, pick up the loot and moves on, noone could tag, and the deal the others who waited forever made that person didn't care about.

AO is the only game so far i've experienced this in, sad

lol

whats the big deal they suck anyways

so much better armour for the shoulders its not funny

all that time and effort for something you could do in an hr 3 weeks from now

I think its the +1000 gnarly modifier everyone is after.

Talking

Hey, looks are more important than any AC!

Just because I'm curious, and haven't bothered about it before, but what do you mean by "tagging"?
    Is it, like targetting him (them), to finish a quest? Is it to deal one tiny point of pain to him, to get xp when the other guy finishes him off? What?

-Skybert, curious

Tagging means you target him, then click two items on him, it's totally harmless and will not affect who can loot him after he is dead.

Thanks to the AO team for fixing the spawn, much needed!

Re: !

Originally posted by Illusion

[...]
    I guess i'm lucky I never played Everquest (Evercamp).
    [...]

In Everquest PvM servers thoses kind of players are taged Kill Stealers and quickly build a bad reputation (no help, no groups, regulars trains on the character ...), there is much more contents for players in the camp way so the unofficial general rule is to shout for a camp check when you enter a zone not acting like a high lvl kid who want his toy, of course there is still some problems occuring when guilds race for rare mobs in Free For All servers (like the cleric epic weapon final mob).

FC is trying to apply this game mechanic to AO (you want something, you camp it and pay the monthly fee) with less contents than 1/1000 of what EQ can offer in this way, that's why all the beasts meet at the oasis for the only pool of water available.

Let all bots in the quest have a 15 sec safe period. The bot is not aggro and cant be atk. When the 15 sec is up, fire in the hole.

Would let the taggers get their bit , and all looters have a fair chance in getting one or two shots fired.

well, i dont care really im not getting pads but ive helped a few friends and have seen the chaos at spawn points.