Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sry to biitch but MAs are gettin too much

No, it's just my response to seeing 20 threads started by MAs to claim that they are not over powered. Would have been ok if people complained about it first, but when MAs are the first to post about this issue it kind of makes me wonder.

Question <("<)(>")>

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    No, it's just my response to seeing 20 threads started by MAs to claim that they are not over powered. Would have been ok if people complained about it first, but when MAs are the first to post about this issue it kind of makes me wonder.
    Well, I could use your own logic and ask you to provide links to these said 20 threads where MAs moan, whine and complaint about that they are not over powered, and the proof that these MAs are in fact all wrong.... but I'm not going to bother

Oberon... dont get angry.

Do wat I did.... create an MA "twink" (not much twinking needed actually). Since FC love MAs so much.. might as well "share" the love (by joining them)

I managed to level that twink 10 levels a day SOLO.

Got to level 40 in just four days without having to worry about looking for weapons, etc. (slowed down a bit after that)

Didn't even need to twink credits... coz my new MA hardly buy anything and credits are just accumulating (treatment, nanokit get from chest..... no ammo, armor from mission, no weapon).

I play this twink whenever I don't have enough time to play my main ADV.

Simply becoz MA rocks. U can solo easily, kill reds and finish missions FAST.

MAs in my regular higher level teams are awesome too. They are damm good tanks, coz mobs dont hit them much. My high level teams dont have docs. Don't need them. With MA hitting so hard, and not being hit much in return. Their self heals is usually enuf. When needed, my adv healing supplement is more than enough to cover.

Can't beat them ? Join them! muahahaha.

Forgot to add....

I don't think anybody, other than fixers and fellow ADVs, will ever understand the feeling of being REJECTED when asking to join teams.

Or shouting LFG for 1/2 hour, but getting no invites, even though u hear several shouts of LFM during that 1/2 hour.

Originally posted by Ashuras
    Forgot to add....

I don't think anybody, other than fixers and fellow ADVs, will ever understand the feeling of being REJECTED when asking to join teams.

Or shouting LFG for 1/2 hour, but getting no invites, even though u hear several shouts of LFM during that 1/2 hour.
    I play an NT. nuff said.

Forgot to add....

This just can't be true, considering the fact that adventurers my level (177 right now) do more damage than me and heal good on top of that. It's more like they got reason to kick me (soldier).

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    MAs are good but not that good. So long as all people look at is the dmg numbers scrolling by in the chat window, AO is vulnerable to worse than highschool locker room wanker envy from every profession who feels they're not the best there is at everything in AO.

This whole thread is started by a person complaining that the living flesh of Tarasque has a Martial Arts requirement to wear. Not a "Profession: Martial Artist" requirement (which would make it for MAs). And not "Living Leetfur Body Armor" that can be pulled from any Leet that are 50 to a Playfield (which would make it something that isn't found on a single, unique fraggin mob in AO).

Edit

To the author of the thread: Martial Artists wouldn't benefit the most from Dragonflesh Armor. They prolly don't have the highest Martial Arts skill in the game. A MA using Engineer in Slayerdroid Transference prolly has the highest
    -

and now they gettin dragonflesh armor which other classes can use of course but is easiest to use and most helpful for MAs
    - 1200 ac +42 all damage types 29 ma skill 60 phys ini 300 hp with MA as a req
    helpful to all classes but mas benefit most

Kuro that is a exact quote from my post. It says all classes can use it. There is no saying that it has a MA prof req

another example of people whining because they refuse to read.

and ok a high lvl ma eng in transference will have higher ma which is borked but i think since a MA will crit so much more they will benefit more.

Please dont get pissed at me because you intrerpert what i thought to be a benign message asking for other profs to get more attention. If you intrepert it like that then it seems to me you are ignoring me.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Originally posted by Kalashnakof
    -

and now they gettin dragonflesh armor which other classes can use of course but is easiest to use and most helpful for MAs
    - 1200 ac +42 all damage types 29 ma skill 60 phys ini 300 hp with MA as a req
    helpful to all classes but mas benefit most

Kuro that is a exact quote from my post. It says all classes can use it. There is no saying that it has a MA prof req

another example of people whining because they refuse to read.

and ok a high lvl ma eng in transference will have higher ma which is borked but i think since a MA will crit so much more they will benefit more.

Please dont get pissed at me because you intrerpert what i thought to be a benign message asking for other profs to get more attention. If you intrepert it like that then it seems to me you are ignoring me.
    You're accusing MAs of getting dragonflesh armor (which they're not) and saying it will benefit them the most (which it won't). Your very title says "Sry to biitch but MAs are gettin too much" as you lump together a string of things and then toss in dragonflesh armor like a developer at FC said "Ooo...Let's make this for MAs even though almost anyone that can beat Tarasque can wear it barely spending any IP in Martial Arts".

It's because of posts like this that started the whole Doc/Trader mess. Titles consisting of 50% Jealousy Induced Whine followed by .25% factual posting and 49.75% exaggeration/misconception. Which all together makes 100% Wasted Board Space
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Uh huh.... and can you explain why the dragon flesh or watever armor ONLY increases MA and physical init., but not strength, assault rifle, matter creation, or anything else? What a coincidence that both the skills MA and physical init. are both used most by MAs. hmmmmmmmm

Well, if dragon flesh armor is MA only, then Decrona armor must be crat only. No other profession uses psycology like crats do.

But check this out,

SO FRIKKIN WHAT IF WAS MA ONLY ARMOR?
    We just got fixed. They probably added this as a little something extra for us. Other classes will be getting fixed too, and then probably get special crap for them.

MP's were the first to get fixed, and they got some special stuff. Anyone recall the Blackshirt of Zuwadza?

I understand your jealousy, but give it some time, and you'll have your stuff too.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Originally posted by usher
    Uh huh.... and can you explain why the dragon flesh or watever armor ONLY increases MA and physical init., but not strength, assault rifle, matter creation, or anything else? What a coincidence that both the skills MA and physical init. are both used most by MAs. hmmmmmmmm
    It increases MA 29 points right? I had a higher MA skill from my main attributes at level 30. And I'm a trader that currently uses physical initiative for my weapons (Bow).
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Excuse me, but why are we complaining about something NO ONE is ever going to see unless they are a member of Storm or the Council?

Besides, how do we know this is actually implemented? The AO database has a LOT of stuff in it that is not actually implemented for the game yet, just stuff the developers are playing around with.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Forgot to add....

dont forget about high lvl engies
    not many people shout Group LF engie
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

1 single piece of armor increases it 29 MA which is half of a mastery which adds damage and attack rating. If you got a couple pieces it would add alot more ma. So that argument is crapp.

and kuro again spouting the redundant uncohesive dribble.

i explain why i think MAs will benefit more because they will crit more. your base ma doesnt chage the amount added by the armor. Tell me why MAs wont benefit the most rather then going of on a rant.

And tell me why u say i put a MA req on it when i obviously didnt. Doesnt that prove to you that you aren't reading what im trying to say? Do u think?
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Originally posted by WillTell

dont forget about high lvl engies
    not many people shout Group LF engie
    Yes.. I can understand why. Those high level teams moves too fast for stupid pets to catch up.

Metas are still ok becoz they give important buffs.

Coldstrike... I've never seen an unwanted soldier. They rock in team missions, and are very very good to have in boss room. (TMS up... click on button.. ) We always send the soldiers in 1st

Pipboy..... people don't want NT ? That's new to me. NTs are very good in team missions too. They do crowd control (calms), and dish out decent damage (against big baddies...... for normal ones.. I think u'll only get to launch one or maybe 2 nukes). And docs love NTs with Humidity Extractors and Crunchcoms. Not forgetting the very useful evade buff and layered protection (for boss room).

Anyway.. I think MAs rocks. Everybody should go play a MA to convince FC that MAs rocks

I've seen some dish out 2.2k crits... 5 in a row... at level 150+. That's uber. Maybe it's just a lucky streak though.. hehe. Still I can't wait for my MA twink to level up.

But.... even though MAs are quite uber. Maybe U guys haven't seen the new Agents in action..... my next twink will be an agent.

On the Living Dragonflesh type Armor:-

The reqs are based on Martial Arts, Stamina, and Level. That's right, Level. It (if it gets in) will be one of the new level-based things in 14.4

What are the reqs?
    For the arms, legs, and feet, reqs are MA skill of 320, Stamina 300, Level of 100.
    The head armor (circlet) reqs are MA skill of 320, Stamina 300, level 110.
    The body armor is MA skill of 375, stamina 300, level 130.

Anyone that high a level can have that MA skill very easily. Hell, they'd be able to equip the armour and probably get within OE reqs, without spending a single IP on MA skill. And if they want to spend IP on MA, it's not much, by the time you're of a high enough level to equip the armour, to spend the IP to be able to self-equip it at 100% (no OE at all).

On the MA buffs from this armour, no, only the body armour actually buffs your MA skill at all. The other pieces buff different stuff.

All the information I've looked up in antiguardians.org/auno.org database. Go have a look if you want to find out the same.

Arrow ok

143 Opi MA here.

Thats my main character. I have average Implants, ranging from level 90 to 173, kinda mix matched, average armor, ranging from ql 143 to 170.

i have title maxed body dev, and my stamina is about 3/4 filled (~350+).

with my implants in, and no health/sta buffs of any kind, i have around 2890 HP. I have a guildie NT (nanomage) thats about 10 levels lower then me and he has ~3100 HP and he's a nanomage, they are spposed to have less HP then Opi, wtf ?

i hate tanking, i usually die when i have to tank despite chain healing, crits, buffs, etc. its all worthless. me tanking an RM or Ace = 1 dead MA. no ifs ands or buts about it, doc or no doc, regardless of team and team skill. its just a simple fact.

i dont even come anywhere near being same league as a soldier or enforcer when it comes to tanking. when i play in team, i help the doc heal a little and deal dmg. i provide buffs, especially some nice offensive stuff for enforcers and nice evades for people that lack them.

I am very sick and tired of being broken and having other classes steal my main abilities (mainly UVC since it used to be "target other" buff) The crit changes will put a lot of people in their place. And I do know whats it like to play a soldier and trader, mine are both around lvl 60.

My trader i soloed completely untwinked, never got any buffs from anyone, never teamed him. BTW, i have also never bought a heal nano, single or team. I solo red mobs. Wayyyyyyy red. I use the mezz, lifedrain and regular vektor. While it is true that some mobs I need to calm as many as 3 times and then kit myself back up and continue killing, I can still effectively solo lvl 90 mobs at 60. no prob. o just one more thing, my trader has almost no implants and armor that actually averages BELOW the characters level.

Soldier needs help. Ability wise the soldier is good and ok. The thing I would change to help out soldiers, is to lower and/or change the reqs on the soldier HP buffs, basically make them much more viable and easier to obtain IP wise, and introduce better guns into the game. Right now 90%+ of all soldiers revolve around Novaflow and/or HGB. that needs to be looked at and updated. Give them better guns, with better thought out reqs for the secondary attacks, especially burst/full auto. Guns for soldiers along the lines of the SOL Swords for adventurers would do wonders for the class. So better buffs and better guns would solve all problems here and would fit very nicely with the soldier heme, and wouldnt require much reprogramming of teh game, just add a couple items to mission rewards.

One more thing, please keep the idiotically rediculous to obtain things like Terrasque loot out of your posts. 95%+ of us will never get a chance at those. I went to Tarrasque kill once, and teh concern for loot was so sickening and disgusting I will never go again. The stupid event leader shouts about putting loot to :Team Leader was more then the spam of the battle on my chat.

Last but not leeast, whats up with the organic suits ? I have killed at least 1 team mission boss mob everyday since he patch went live, sometimes as many as 3-4 a day, and still havent seen one drop, as in none, nada, zilch, zero. so i have no clue what the people that see them drop are tripping on.
    Last edited by Hollowbyte; Jun 24th, 2002 at 05:01:37.

While you are technically right at the fact that higher level people can equip this armor just like every other MA, you are partially right about how the different pieces of armor buff different skills.

Now just upon assumption, many would think that if the armor buffs "different" skills then it must mean it would be pretty much equally efficient for mos of the professions. But its not the case with the DragonFlesh Armor ( The Ultimately best armor, and yet it is only at ql 100, hmmmmm, wonder what will ql 200 look like )

The body piece buffs MA, all damages, and physical init.

The legs buff all three of the evades.

The boots buff adventuring, concealment, and runspeed.

The circlet buffs bow special attack, dimache, map nav, tutoring, and nano pool.

The arms buff bow, parry, riposte, sharp objects, and swimming.

As you can see, even though many other professions will also benefit from the buffs the armor give, but one proffesion will certainly benefit the most, the Martial Artists. Is it really just a "coincidence" that all the skills this BEST ARMOR buffs are green-light blue for a Martial Artist?

eh ?

to the poster above, he got something really backwards and lacks any basic knowledge of MA class.

for your info, MA AC buffs run on Matter Creat. There is a reason why almost none of us takes it pass the basic buffs, and I doubt there is an active MA on RK-1 that actually can cast Form of Tessai. Not even one. Because Matter Creat is dark blue, very dark blue, 4.0 rating.

and i also dont have a clue about the people who use the targeting scopes. their penalty is just way to big. i could possibly see myself using a mid ql vision enhancer with a bow, since it also upps range, but i would never consider using an assault rifle for anything other then PvP, which i wont even experiment with untill i am 200 so i know i will be on semi-equal footing with oher people gear wise at least.

making the self crit buff work on MA skill only would be great, like most MAs i am fist MA so it will have zero impact on us.

and once again, you are referring to piece of gear that most of us will never get to see. it is kinda pointless to argue about it. reminds me of teh really stupid old Evercrack ubber loot arguments.

Solitus is like the best breed for everything, just found that out a few days ago....

They are very close to Atrox at level 200 in terms of hp. But they would get much more nano.

They have much more hp than an opifex or nanomage, therefore they can live longer to survive those fights instead of kissing the reclaim terminal/loosing a lot of xp.

The breed specific rings in 14.4 is a good start, but we definitely need more than just a ring to make a opifex faster/nanomage smarter/atrox stronger than solitus.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast