Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sry to biitch but MAs are gettin too much

MAs are in OK shape give other profs more attention and items

If your a MA you get:
    - up to 17% (uvc - peril) more crit then other profs
    - organic combat suits 1200 main ac 300 hp 20 1staid which drops ALOT
    - increased damage A ma never hits sub 100 and has consistant reliable damage
    - ablity to change damage type in PvP
    - new crowd control nanos
    - healing (even if recharge is helll)
    - that aura thing from torasque
    - claws which add nova flowish range damage to a mas already impressive damage which can be duel weilded
    - class defintion glowing fists and now the suits You know a ma when you see one for sure

- and now they gettin dragonflesh armor which other classes can use of course but is easiest to use and most helpful for MAs
    - 1200 ac +42 all damage types 29 ma skill 60 phys ini 300 hp with MA as a req
    helpful to all classes but mas benefit most

Im happy for the mas of course, sad about not havin LMA anymore but whatcha goin do.
    Im jus saying that now your even giving more to the MAs in 14.4?
    they've got stuff in like 4 patches in a row and their are other profs that are in need 10x as much
    I know MAs had it rough for a long time but i think they are in good shape now.

give all the profs the little things they need
    Last edited by Kalashnakof; Jul 1st, 2002 at 08:53:49.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Peril does not Stack with UVC

You have to spend IP for Weapons

The nanos are scare nanos not calms
    Five seconds of the mob running away is not that big a deal at level 200

yes you know a MA when you see one he looks like Ricah Simmions(The suits are uggly as hell there are other Armor which adds 1200 AC)
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

i didnt say peril stacks with uvc i said that a person with peril 7% will have 17% less crit then a ma with 24%

if figures are off sry

and saying you have to spend ip to use weapons is crapp
    who doesnt have all this extra IP at high lvls

and as a soldier i would love to spend IP to eek out extra damage that adds in with normal damage and is thus actually useful.
    Last edited by Kalashnakof; Jun 17th, 2002 at 21:11:44.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

juma

juma.

and if you dont know what that means..find out.

its people like you that get other proffessins nerfed.

ma's although are now finally decent are still not "fixed". we had the most broken things out of any proffession. and they have finally fixed (not gimped..just broken) most of them.

i too wish they would fix some of the other proffessions and not weild the nerf stick so widely (trader heals etc..). but at the same time i wish they would fix one class all the way and then move on to the next.

im currently happy with my MA for the first time in like 6 months...now you say things like you do and just want us to get nerfed (maybe not calling for a nerf...but its threads like this that get the nerf started).

instead of pointing out how uber we are (which we are not) why not put up some VALID points/fixes about the professions you play and go from there?

squeek squeek squeek...(mouse lookin for that cheese)

Ooops celestiness!

I can beat you there Traders have most broken things(but we have alot of things so most don't notice)

They are
    HP Drains
    Nano Drains
    Skill Drains
    Damage Buffs
    AC Drains
    Heals
    And...
    CHARMS!

In case your wondering what I mean about Skill drains they did not affect mobs(and still don't) (Witness a Master Nano-tech who LW me after running Divest and Plunder Advanced )

No more nerfs though MAs are good now
    Time to boost other proffesions!
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Haha!

Yes Mr. Bean, I do believe traders have the most broken stuff, but you also have the most efficient nano's, so we all ignore it. 8P

Anyways... That MA's do lots of damage is by design, Kalashnakof . MA's are a low-HP melee profession with semi-efficient defense (green evades and rather bad healing). You as a soldier is a high-HP ranged profession with excellent defense (TMS and reflect).

An MA will and should outdamage a soldier since MA's lack the advantages of range, HP and reflect. Simple as that. MA's should only be bested in damage output by NT's, who truly sacrifice defence for offence. The Fear/Taunt nano is there for those "poop, doc is gonna friggin die!" occasions. Trust me, few MA's like to have aggro. We have been given some nice-looking pyjamases (which we have begged for since launch) and have some nice MA only items, soldiers are lacking quite a bit in that department atm. You will get your funky stuff as well. Patience mate.

MA's are one of the few professions that after being fixed do what we are supposed to do: Crit the living Snot out of things.

Enforcers/Soldiers lack their aggro management tools, Engies and Traders tradeskills are borked, Pet's get stuck everywhere etc. I firmly believe that we should get all professions good at what they are supposed to be good at, if things are wicked then it's time to talk about balance.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Ma's are low hp??

since when???

I know Johiyat has about 7k hp unbuffed as an ma

I have about 6.7k unbuffed as an adventurer (who has 5 point a level body dev. Im fully implanted for health. Full mk2, egg, 3rd dodga pad, mantis scissors (adds health). Ok i admit i could go up to 7.4k self buffed with flying ball of uselessness (pit lizard)

we are within 2 levels of eachother

Ma's are NOT low hp. They have just as much if not more hp than most tanks

glarp

posted by Oberon

Ma's are low hp??

since when???
    MAs don't have much HP, but that's intended. It also depends on the breed. Solitus give more HP, while opifex gives more skill potential (or something like that).

We are suppose to be able to dodge blows effectivly and parry (which is why we have low HP). So far, the parry system is there (thats good!) but it seems I hardly ever parry, while it is not uncommon for an NPC to parry me three times a battle. My parry isn't maxed, but it's only about ten or so points away. I always get hit, too. NPCs seem to attack twice, and I always get hit by the first shot. However, I never get hit by the second. Dunno if that second shot is intended and just sucks or if the second shot is a glitch. Either way, I think it would do some good to increase the effectiveness of those evades. Having low HP at this moment really hurts us (well, me. I havn't been around long enough to speak for the high levels), but we still get around.
    Implament Improved Jumping Nanos for the MAs!

Thumbs down

Yeah shumbody needs to get his info straight.

Assume maxed stam and maxed body dev (duh, r u nubi?)

Soli 200 ma
    4387/2787

Soli 200 enf
    4567/2787

Soli 200 soldier
    4367/2787

Yeap thats right. Now slap on 1k board, Mk2, ~800 max life implants, various shoulder items...

Don't care about Atrox, since atrox soldiers & mas are semi-gimped. Add 50 life, take about 1000 nano away, "add" gimped nanos and treatment.

Don't care about Opifex, because basically you subtract ~200 from max life and max nano from solitus numbers, regardless of class, in return for self equipping primus coats. With all that new armor out there, who cares. I got my +30 agility shotgun anyways. Oh yeah, they need some sun. Bad.

Do I even have to mention nanogimps?

Nerf mongers suck, even when they try to appear "reasonable".

Sorry, but I've got to say; Take your nerf requests and shove 'em.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

How is the ability to pull aggro onto ourselves a DIRECT benefit to MAs?

I would have though it was a DIRECT benefit to the poor old NT or Doc that was getting a pounding, and an indirect benefit to the MA.

How about changing MAs so they can NEVER get aggro in a team - that'd please the rest of the team. I bet they'd be real happy

The scare/taunt nanos are for the benefit of the TEAM, not just the MA using them.

Possible abuse of this nano line: I can imagine a team with 2 or more MA's keeping the mobs locked in a sort of scare tennis match - has this been tried on test?

Guess I was wrong Mercatura.
    I play an opifex MA, I must've been confused by that. I usually have the 3rd best HP in the team, after enforcer/soldier.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Enforcers and Soldiers are supposed to have more hp than MAs. While base hp may seem very very similar, take a good look at the effective HP in a fight:

Enforcer: Essence (up to +996 hp) + Mongo (up to +1,789 hp) + Failing Impreg (745 layers; basically another +745 hp) + Corruscating Screen (+479 hp)

Soldier: Battlefield endurance ( up to +405 hp, yes I know, no one uses it) + TMS (75% reflect means having effectively 4 times the hp)

MA: nothing.

So, we have the enforcer who can add up to
    *drumroll*
    a little over 4000 hp to themselves.

Then we have the Soldier who can add 400 and then multiply their hp by 4 (for a minute and a half at a time, then 30 seconds of downtime).

And finally the MA, which has zero, zilch, nada. Oh, wait, they have heals. PFFFFFT

MAs are not tanks. They are damage dealers. This is actually true now. However, Soldiers need quite a lift. Soldiers need some seriously huge 1 hour + weapon buffs. Tailor it like the MP nano buffs. IMHO Soldiers should be able to self equip many types of weapons without having to reconfigure their implants.

sigh when will people learn.

Self heals are one of the best defenses. Self heals can easily double or triple your effective life if you use em sparingly. So dont give me that "Enforcers have mongo, soldiers have mk x"

I'm an adventurer. I AM a tank. A tank is the person who takes a large brunt of the damage in a fight. You know what? Self heals fit that roll.

Granted as an adventurer im also a healer but thats another story. I may never hold the aggression like an enforcer doing mad crits but i CAN get the job done. Self heals are an effective taunt

Originally posted by PipBoy
    [
    MA: nothing.

Lol, what are you smoking??? MAs have heals, which in effect add lots of hp in a fight!!

i'd trade in my heals for an enforcers health buff anytime.

heals are nice, but ma heals are no match for the mass of hp an enforcer has.

if a fight lasts long, meaning the mob you're fighting does low damage, than heals are very nice. but if the mob you're fighting kills you in 6 hits, then heals are meaningless because you don't have the time to convert your nano into hp by using heals, especially not as ma, because our heals have a damn long recharge and heal for minimum very often.

please stop complaining about how uber mas' are. did you forgot? not long ago mas' were the most gimped proffession, hitting for min damage ALL the time. now we are working as intended, i think we're really balanced now.

it's up to FC to get the other professions up to that level martial artists (together with mps and traders imo) are now.

forgive me if that sounds arrogantly.

Ma's were NEVER the most gimped profession. To say you were the most gimped is a travesty. That title currently and as far as i can remember belonged to fixers (at least until next patch)

Even when you said ma's were supposedly "GIMPED" i never saw them get rejected from joining a group. Infact even when you were "GIMPED" groups would often choose an ma over me an adventurer

By your standards that means adventurers were more gimped than Ma's.

You said you would trade it all for the hp buffs that an enforcer has. Obviously you really havent seen the high level game. Self heals far outmatch the enforcers hp buffs (although their mongo line is pretty nice)

As for minimum damage. I did "Minimum" damage up to level 90 when i got sick of my merchant executioners then switched to riders. Hmm i had to invest in a DARK blue skill that costs 3x as much as your single "Green skill" in addition to a single green skill of mine. So i had to spend 4x the ip you had for your main attack skill (and giving up attack rating due to a dark blue skill). Do you think you really should hit for the same as i do?

Think of it this way. If your fighting a green mob. A large portion of the time it hits you for minimum damage. Does that mean Mobs need a fix cause a green one hits you for minimum damage? Oh wait i forgot the roles are reversed just because your the green and the mob is the red.

But honestly right now MA's are funcoms little spoiled child. They received too much and want more

I dont want them nerfed down to uselessness (although their self crit buff needs to be toned down) but they are just being spoiled right now

the reason mas were never rejected from a group was their abilitiy to give away crit buffs and greatly increase the damage output of a team that way.

from my point of view health buffs are better than ma heals. i'm doing ql 180+ missions (with a team of course) and every enforcer and soldier can take a lot more beating than i can. i dunno how heals will work out with the high level game. hate me for that if you like.

that adventurers and fixers are gimped is a fact i can't say anything to due to the lack of experience. sorry for that. but isn't an adventurers pistol skill green? why don't you use pistols? because they suck, right? that's a BIG design flaw and funcoms mistake. as the ma min damage bug was which has been fixed. now have patience please and wait for your class to be fixed.

i agree, mas' got a lot of love but i think that's over now (and that's ok). who said we want more?

peace

I guess it's needs to be said again, for folks like Oberon who apparently can't read very well...

MAs aren't recieving any upgrades. These are FIXES to existing facets of MA-dom that don't work. Well, aside from the fear thingum, which I can about guarantee won't work when implemented.

MA heals aren't all that. The horrendously long recharge makes them problematic in tough situations. They also, as stated before, often heal for minimum. Most MAs also run with the agg bar lowered, which makes even getting the heals off in a timely manner a problem, unless you invest heavily in nano init--a dark blue skill for MAs.

And yes, we had real issues before the MA fix patch. Lets see, I distinctly recall seeing groups advertising for members with the little addendum: "Need damage dealers, MAs need not apply." I saw this a lot. I started playing AO about three weeks after release. I've had a solo career ever since; firstly be necessity, then by choice, since I could and was pretty much used to it by then.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast