Thread: The missing reporter.

The missing reporter.

Reporter Mythana

July 30, 29478 -- (IRRK) -- Reporter Kemlyan Jakos is a friend of mine, and a reputable reporter. Jakos and a group of others had vanished without a trace.

Myself and four others set out to find where he had vanished to. We knew little, only that his abduction was prompted perhaps by his most recent report and some rumors, that the so called Unicorn Company had taken him for questioning.

We went out to find out what we could and were unable to find anyone who had seen anything until we found Satsuki "Golgrindo" Kawazu.

Golgrindo: I first got the call from my Clan members. They said Omni-Pol’s 6th Division was in Tir
    Golgrindo: After going there, I saw them going around, armed to the teeth and in many numbers, calling out for Kemlyan Jakos
    Golgrindo: Saying to give him up so they could leave
    Golgrindo: We of course didn't, and tried to get them to leave
    Golgrindo: But it was futile
    Golgrindo: They searched the city, and left after getting some messages on their intercoms
    Golgrindo: I followed them, they went to [the] ICC
    Golgrindo: Now, in [the] ICC I encountered new fellows
    Aurylia: Who?
    Golgrindo: This might be hard to believe, but, there were these huge armored people there. They called themselves the Unicorn Company.
    Lurai: The same ones that were at the Crash Site, extracting things...
    Golgrindo: You might have heard about the Unicorns from Kemlyan?
    Golgrindo: They were there, in [the] ICC, searching for Kemlyan, and they were huge and so scary. People were flowing in and looking scared at them as they ordered Kemlyan to be brought forth
    Golgrindo: After some denying from the crowd, they headed to Borealis and they searched the town. Omni-Pol’s 6th division had already gone, and I couldn't locate them, so I followed the Unicorns around with members of my clan.
    Golgrindo: People tried to get them to leave Borealis, as they were trespassers, they answered with murder. Gun ships popped forth and shot missiles at protestants, people instantly died.
    Trishere: Go on Golgrindo.
    Golgrindo: The Unicorns said they were from Omni-Prime, and on a direct order to get Kemlyan, they searched the town, attached themselves to the uplinks to monitor all conversations, and then, Omni-Pol’s 6th arrives, and I tell you, these people didn't like each other.
    Golgrindo: 6th had a nickname for the Unicorns, "ponies without horns," and the Unicorns were even more provoking, they had verbal fights while searching, and finally, after so many gun ships that had killed people who were trying to hide away Kemlyan, they found him
    Golgrindo: Luckily it wasn't Unicorn, it was Omni-Pol’s 6th. But, hold onto yourselves now, Unicorn threatened everyone. They said that either Omni-Pol’s 6th gives up Kemlyan, or they would blow away Borealis.
    Aurylia: What happened?
    Golgrindo: and these guys didn't hesitate, they had already used their gunship, their leader talked into the intercom, and more gun ships arrived, shooting at whatever moved. After about 20 casualties, and lots of arguing between Unicorn and Omni-Pol’s 6th, Kemlyan steps forth. He surrendered.
    Golgrindo: In order to not have Unicorn blow away Borealis, he wriggled out of Omni-Pol 6th's custody and gave himself over to the unicorns
    Golgrindo: That’s all I can remember of what happened. They all left into the Whom-Pah to Newland and were gone.
    Golgrindo: We tried to go to Hope and look at the crash site, thinking that Unicorn had landed there, but they weren't there.
    Aurylia: Thank you, Golgrindo.

So what we learned was that this Unicorn Company was willing to destroy Borealis just to have a man in their possession, and were willing to take on Omni-Pol’s 6th Division to do it as well. Only Kemlyan’s willingness to go along with them no matter the cost to himself saved Borealis that day as it’s doubtful that Omni-Pol’s 6th Division would have let him go without a fight.

The Unicorn Company claims they are from Omni-Prime. Why would they have fought the Omni’s 6th over it? Isn’t Omni-Tek supposed to be one company? Be on the look out for any activity by the Unicorn Company. I am sure we haven’t heard the last from them.
    Last edited by Editor: FJRK; Aug 5th, 2004 at 01:27:49.

ouch...im going to get in trouble for this.

all of a sudden Commander Fisk doesn't seem so bad. :P

((OOC: I really hope the unicorn company doesnt just become some strange extra wheel , like an omni counterpart to the dust brigade. And I _really_ hope that they dont become some kind of PVM target in AI. I really pray that the unicorn presence has been well thought out and has a planned course in the storyline. I just really want to fight aliens, not fight omni-upgrades at an alien crash site. I want to use crazy alien-technology weapons and armor, not upgraded omnijunk. Give us new! Nooo more omni-tek soldier ;( ))

(OOC: Things went down a little differently on Rimor, the showdown happened in ICC)

I was with D6 when they searched Rome, Entertainment, and Trade for your friend. I was flying aerial recon in my Yalmaha, hoping to catch a glimpse of him on my scanners, but he wasn't in any of the three cities. We moved on to ICC and found him there, but a second later the "Ponies," as the D6 members called them (I prefer the "Unics" myself, seems more fitting for the spineless vermin) showed up. They were wearing armor I had never seen before, battlesuits that looked part Ancient-Tech and part... something else. It is my belief that D6 was trying to keep Kemlyan out of their hands, as during the search of Omni-Ent I overheard the D6 Medic talling their commander that dropships bearing the insignia of Unicorn Company had been sighted in the area, and that she hoped for his sake that we found him first.

The scene in ICC was ugly. On one side was D6 with the reporter, on the other was the Unicorn Squad, locked in a staredown with people from all three factions watching. I was certain there would be shooting, and had ordered my Slayerdroid and Mechdog to disassemble the nearest Unicorn if it came to that. These people were lightyears out of their jurisdiction, and threatening an Omni-Pol squad, as well as the life of a neutral reporter. That was all I needed to know.

However, Kemlyan freed himself from D6 and surrendered to the Ponies to keep this from happening. The last I saw of him, he was being led at gunpoint through the Whom-Pah to Omni Ent. I followed them through, but found nothing on the other side.

The Unicorn Company is a rogue faction of Omni-Tek, traitors to the corporation here on Rubi-Ka, and terrorists no better than the likes of the Dust Brigade. They need to be stopped at once to ensure the safety of everyone on this planet.

You have my deepest condolences about your friend, I am truly sorry that I couldn't do more.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Man, And for so long people have been saying how the Clans have so much internal conflict. Well, I cant say that any Clan has threatened to destroy a whole city over one single person.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Well, I cant say that any Clan has threatened to destroy a whole city over one single person.
    Nope, but we surely did a good attempht with Omni-2/Old Athen
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Even though Kemlyan Jakos has since been released I don't think I'm alone in say, what a brave man, the Unicorns sound like the kind that would do anything to get what they want, even perma-death. Kemlyan you didn't know what they wanted you for, yet you still gave yourself up for the sake of others, you have my respect.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Originally posted by Talan
    Even though Kemlyan Jakos has since been released I don't think I'm alone in say, what a brave man, the Unicorns sound like the kind that would do anything to get what they want, even perma-death. Kemlyan you didn't know what they wanted you for, yet you still gave yourself up for the sake of others, you have my respect.
    Released?
    you sure?
    Events are like a pack of Dobberman pinchers. the only satisfying way to use them is to unleash them onto innocent bystanders

I gotta ask. How is it that the Sentinals even let the Omni 6th enter Tir let alone search it?
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

same way I get into Omni cities without being noticed, probably.

Today, Omni-Tek officials and Sentinel troops united under one purpose, to solve the issue of the missing reporter.

After talks of becoming allied for the search at Clon**** Grid, the united crew set out in search of the reporter. Several kilometers south, Unicorn drones were spotted near a mining outpost, making their usual guard passes throughout the area.

The allied force swiftly brought down the patrolling Unicorn soldiers, and proceeded inside their stronghold, which was hidden by a secret mineshaft door in the area.

After hours of fighting and dying inside the Unicorn base, we managed to fight through to the main room, where the missing reporter was being held captive by several lackeys and two high-ranking Unicorn Commanders.

The lackeys died rather quickly, as the force brought the onslaught to a maximum, and then began towards the two Commanders.

After several minutes of threats and demands, the Commanders murdered the reporter, which stunned us all.

Retaliation came into effect as we struck the commanders down and fled the base, just as it began collapsing from the inside.

A sad day indeed to see the reporter dead, but we now know we must take care of the Unicorn Company, before they take control of Rubi-Ka.
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

Originally posted by Xyboc/Nekrid

After several minutes of threats and demands, the Commanders murdered the reporter, which stunned us all.
    Errr...*stuned*

((Omni-tek explanation should be interesting to hear))
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Omni-Tek and the Sentinels? Allied?! *shakes his head* Though I would never see the day. But, the Unicorn have established a base in Clon****? That's an odd place.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

I was there for a majority of this interaction, while most of the time was spent shooting my Perennium Beamer I did see a lot of interfactional cooperation. But the leering questions in my mind are these:

Why does Omni-Pol need the Clans help to clean up something internal? Or are they hiding something that may affect all of us?

What was on that ship? I know it wasnt communication gear.

Why is the Unicorn Brigade here? I know its not an Anti-terrorist mission, this world is full of them, theres no way the UB could hope to kill all of us (Short of blowing up the whole planet).

I'd love to know.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Clanners chosing to support the Law and Omni-Pol can only be a sign of a birghter future for the whole of Rubi-Ka.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

While I wasn't there for this ((the events dept has a knack for doing things when I have no chance of being around :P )) I will say that I am far less optimistic. I'm going to wait until more information is released.

Xyboc, if you dont mind, i'd like to PM you.

If the reporter did not reclaim, my condolences to his family.

Unicorn`s are bad news if you choose to get in theyre way. Its as simple as that. Its really not that uncommon having two officers disagree with eachother and it might seem very scary indeed when they choose to put the weight of theyre men as a way of discussion.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Savoy
    Clanners chosing to support the Law and Omni-Pol can only be a sign of a birghter future for the whole of Rubi-Ka.

Savoy
    Be my guest.
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

Originally posted by Savoy
    Savoy
    Mentioning law and Omni-Pol in one sentence is quite funny, since both have so far been mutually exclusive.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

this is all very disturbing

the new possablity of aliens is a wacko theory but s still disconcerting

a new group that claim to be omni but nearly destroyed boralis

I think our leaders are hiding somthing impotant from us.