Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Truth of the Matter Update

Fixerben sniffs the air.

Hmm...do I smell...cover up? After what I saw in the UB's hidden base in that old Abandoned mine, I'd say theres something going on here. I saw how powerful those guards were, and what they had done to the reporters. Reminiscent of a Fascist regime if you ask me, censorship gone mad.

Watch your backs on Rubi-Ka.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Cover up?
    It would have surprised me if some had not called it that.

I agree that these are times to watch your backs though.

((00c: JoshuaCrime sad to see your not with us anymore))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

As for Phillip Ross not being in charge of Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka... the board of directors will be hard pressed to remove him while most of us are still around, even with every Omni-Tek soldier not under Ross's control. The reason is this: We don't die. They do. Rubi-Kans also enjoy the use of Nanoprograms and much better armor than our offworld friends, as well as Shadowlands weaponry. Most of these cannot be used outside of Rubi-Ka, therefore any attempt to remove our leader will be met by us and repelled like a wave breaking on a craggy cliff. I have not once heard any attempt by the board of directors to help solve Rubi-Ka's problems. Mr. Ross, on the other hand, has made many attempts to stop the war we've been fighting for so long. The board merely sends in their terrorist goon squad to clean up their messes, and if they push that button one too many times, it'll disappear.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Originally posted by Anualken
    The reason is this: We don't die. They do. Rubi-Kans also enjoy the use of Nanoprograms and much better armor than our offworld friends, as well as Shadowlands weaponry.
    My lord man, Your very confused. The Unicorn Brigade was on Rubi-Ka, and therefore had access to all the Nano Programs we do, and may even have others. And we have better armor? Were you in their base? Did you see what they had on? Wow...take another look...And seeing as the Shadowlands is not a place on Rubi-Ka but yet exists in another dimension, how do we know that Omni-Prime doesnt also have the portal technology, its been open to the public for a year now. Do you honestly think that they couldnt open a portal themselves? The Unicorn Brigade has access to Weaponry and Armor beyond our reach, things that even OTRK doesnt know about yet, and they showed us that in their secret base in Hope.

Not all Omni-Tek troops are up to Unicorn's standard. I'm almost certain that if OT sent in a line division from offworld, they wouldn't spend the time and money outfitting them with nano-enhanced weapons and armor for each trooper, nanoprograms for them to use, or the training to use said nanoprograms.

I highly doubt that we have thousands of Unicorns standing by, ready at a moment's notice. They are Omni's Elite, but size and ability are for the most part mutually exclusive factors in a fighting force.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

The reason is this: We don't die. They do.
    I was with the joint Omni-clan force that raided the Ponies base and i have some news for you, Manrage used a perma-kill weapon to take down Kemlyan, yeah, he died for good...

There is no reason to suppose the ponies are gonna play by RK rules when they want something bad enough. Ok, so far when defending themselves they have been using normal weapons that dont disrupt Reclaim but this use of a banned weapon to silence someone, and the fact that it was done in front of dozens of witnesses shows just how far Unicorn company will go to get what they want, and if that meant storming Phillip Ross's office with PK weapons dont think they wouldnt do it.

Besides, its debatable how many defenders would remain with the threat of real death hanging over their heads. I hate to say it but growing up on a world where dying is just an inconvenience may have made us somewhat soft

As for Phillip Ross not being in charge of Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka... the board of directors will be hard pressed to remove him while most of us are still around, even with every Omni-Tek soldier not under Ross's control.
    So...your saying that Ross on his own authority would split with the company and become Clan? That is what it sounds like. That's what basically defines the Clans, those that split off and fight against the corporation. OT-RK is just one little planet, an important one to be sure but in the grand scheme of all that Omni-tek owns, it's rather small.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I'm almost certain that if OT sent in a line division from offworld, they wouldn't spend the time and money outfitting them with nano-enhanced weapons and armor for each trooper, nanoprograms for them to use, or the training to use said nanoprograms.
    Thats just silly man, thats like saying to someone "Hey, I'm gonna send you to this jungle, but I'm not going to train you how to camoflauge yourself, and I'm not going to tell you whats out there that you can eat if you run out of rations. I'm also not going to give you any weapons that fit the situation, just this random machine gun. Oh, And your not going to get any training on how to survive in a jungle. I'm just going to send you in there totally unprepared and expect you to kill anything that moves and return in 3 months." Does that make an Ounce of sense to you? Damn I'd hate to be under your command if thats what your saying.

None of your denying this matters at all, because I saw them using Nanoprograms, and I saw their armor. Are you trying to tell me that I didnt see what I saw? And I'm sure that if Omni-Prime was going to send troops to RK, they would send them well prepared. And I'm almost certain there are more where the Unicorn Brigade came from.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Aug 16th, 2004 at 20:21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    ICC seems to be as corrupt as Omni-Tek, as protection goes we all seen both Omni-Tek and clan protection (mostly for our own agenda agreed) but ICC doesn't seem to be doing much in a way of planetwide protection or it's population. Kemlyan affair is just example of that. How can allegedly neutral organization allow kidnaping (or bringing in for questioning) of a member of free press? War is good for busness...no matter which side (if any )we're talking about. Of course I can understand that even "allmight" Ross can't do *blip* about Unicorns, but qwestion still remains....What was so important on that ship to bring in ponnies? "Sensitive communications gear" can mean anything and can be used in wide variety of fields....spyonage for instance. Futhermore it suprises me, that since appearance of ponnies isn't viewed kindly upon even by Omni-tek personal no official explanation wasn't given. I wouldn't believed it of course, but it might satisfy brainwashed zombies at least ( it looks like they are waking up at last, so Reform sounds like good idea).

THATS A LOAD OF CRAP! have you read Omni's reports on life or death things like the number of dust mites in athens or how "omnis are smarter then clanners"
    or maybe the fact that they are so dillued that they still have the gall to call athens omni-2 excpt when making fun of it as if to say "the clans whet behind our back, stole omni 2 that we SOOOO wanted and turned it in to a garbige dump and named it athens which the trash that is that clans live in" and you think that FJoR is full of propaganda? I'm not saying that we dont have utilterer motives but we pale in comparison to omni.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12