Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Truth of the Matter Update

The Truth of the Matter Update

Reporter Kemlyan Jakos

(FJRK) -- On July 29 I reported in this publication that I had witnessed cargo recovered in a crash site that was not anything produced by normal Solitus-like breeds. I also reported that the cargo was snatched quickly by the Unicorn Company, an elite Omni-Tek investigative arm. I can now state, that after having the opportunity to view the cargo first hand, I was mistaken.

I was contacted by representatives of the Unicorn Company and Omni-Tek shortly after my story appeared. I was taken to a secure location near the crash site and was allowed to view the cargo first hand. What I saw was the bodies of 3 drop-ship crew-men almost burned beyond recognition. However, their uniforms and form clearly supported the Omni-Tek assertion that these where crewmen of a drop ship that suffered mechanical difficult

Of course, the question of the Unicorn presence still remained. After speaking with several Unicorn officers, I now understand that the drop ship had been carrying Unicorn troops on an anti-terrorist mission. The troops secured the site when it was determined that some of Unicorn's sensitive communications gear was still on the downed ship.

On behalf of myself and the FJRK, I apologize for jumping to conclusions so quickly. My zeal, although well intentioned, was misguided. As a result, I have asked to be placed on administrative leave while I sort my personal and professional priorities.

IRRK should supposed to be independant and neutral. There have been many strange happenings lately regarding Kemlyan Jakos. I fully understand everyone make mistakes, this whole affair really casts bad light on whole of IRRK. What matters whole affair is that we know at leat one of the stories isn't true, but we have no way of finding out which. (Mistake at first report or brainwashed/intimidated reporter with second report)
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Sounds like someone is being intimidated.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

That's the problem with clanners... well, one of the problems, anyway. Whenever they hear something they don't like, they immediately assume it's because Omni-Tek "brainwashed" the ones spreading the news.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

well... They did kill a few people in borealis looking for him. Why go to all the trouble of descimating a bunch of neuts to find ONE reporter just to show him that he was wrong about them? *laughs* I agree, Vix.

"It was a weather balloon."

Kemlyan, you don't need to be afraid. I'm sure that I speak for all of Rubi-Ka when I say that you have the gun, fist, or sword of every person on this planet behind you. These people were about to kill a squad of Omni-Tek soldiers in addition to the Neutral citizens. They listen to no one, respect nothing, and will destroy anything or anyone that stands in their path. These men, if you can truly call them that, do not deserve the right to be called soldiers. They are dogs, and us Ross boys will kick them back to Omni-Prime with regards to the corrupt bureaucrat pulling the strings. This planet is under the protection of ICC, and Omni-Tek here is led by Phillip Ross, NOT Unicorn.

It's time to take a stand.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Your deluded. Ross can be removed from the board of directors and sent to Omni-Reform whenever they wish. Don't confuse the leader of Omni on this planet with the leaders of the corporation entire. If they sent Unicorn, ain't crap Ross can do.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Cover up much? Conspiracy theory?

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

That may be true Vixentrox, but even on Omni Prime there directors who will take expection at seeing the good name and reputation of Omni-Tek being draged in the mud by cowardly scoundrels such as these.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Why should they be any different today then their predecessors?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Why should they be any different today then their predecessors?
    Because times change, nothing ever stays the same. Forget the morality, the simple human desire to do what is right,. have you any idea how much OT spends on advertising and public relations in general? We are a business. We make make meney by selling toasters and headache tablets in some very competitive markets. Why would they voluntarily jeopardise their image just to back a bunch of bullies?

I know you have personal thing about OT and your not exactly impartial when it come to the company, but just think about it rationally. Even gangsters know that loose cannons like these Unicorn guys are bad for business.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Its human desire to do what is right?... Sorry to say, but its more like its human nature to wage war, conflict, suffering... And of cause, the desire of greed, much like Omni-Tek. I seriously doubt that Omni-Prime would care about PR in a time like this.

We all know that Omni-Tek controls the largest miletary in the known galaxy, as well as having the best soldiers as well (even though we managed to kicked your butt a few times hehe)

The ponies ain't like the dust brigade, cause the dust bags follow their own agenda, while the ponies obey Omni-Prime, while their methodes are the same, then i fear the ponies more then the dust bags...

How long has it been since the ponies were in action? I am sure they are eager to kick some butt, no matter who get in their way. They are here on some special agenda, im sure
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

If these newcomers threaten the peace and create additional instability on Rubi-Ka, then the Unicorn Company is not welcomed. This is coming from an Omni-Tek employee.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Best bite your tongue administrator before you end up in Reform.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

I smell a coverup...
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Originally posted by Anualken
    This planet is under the protection of ICC, and Omni-Tek here is led by Phillip Ross, NOT Unicorn.
    ICC seems to be as corrupt as Omni-Tek, as protection goes we all seen both Omni-Tek and clan protection (mostly for our own agenda agreed) but ICC doesn't seem to be doing much in a way of planetwide protection or it's population. Kemlyan affair is just example of that. How can allegedly neutral organization allow kidnaping (or bringing in for questioning) of a member of free press? War is good for busness...no matter which side (if any )we're talking about. Of course I can understand that even "allmight" Ross can't do *blip* about Unicorns, but qwestion still remains....What was so important on that ship to bring in ponnies? "Sensitive communications gear" can mean anything and can be used in wide variety of fields....spyonage for instance. Futhermore it suprises me, that since appearance of ponnies isn't viewed kindly upon even by Omni-tek personal no official explanation wasn't given. I wouldn't believed it of course, but it might satisfy brainwashed zombies at least ( it looks like they are waking up at last, so Reform sounds like good idea).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

What an utter load of rubbish...

Before we get too deep into the debate of just how horrible Omni-Tek is, try to remember that the only source of this story is the FJRK, with the assistance of a few clans.

This Kemlyan Jakos character is every bit as much of a clansman as that lunatic Simon Silverstone. The same can be said for the Free Journalists of Rubi-Ka, the most biased, yellow-press tabloid rag on the planet now that the VoF has rightfully gone out of business.

The clans make a few rediculous claims and suddenly some of Omni-Tek's most loyal protectors start to wonder if the Board of Directors is out to get us all with their "boogymen" (which I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of). Please. This baseless propaganda is EXACTLY the reason why Omni-Reform has to screen all outside media before it can be consumed by the average employee. It's quite telling that a reputable news organization like the IRRK or the OTPC has yet to report on this.

The story itself is full of holes. If this "Unicorn Company" (which I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of) really wanted to keep a low profile, would they do so by threatening to shoot up one of the largest towns on Rubi-Ka?

Also, if this really was a super elite combat unit (which I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of) sent all the way from Omni Prime, would they really be so easily defeated by a small pack of undersupplied clansmen with their poor, dusty gear and worn-out weaponry? I know the clans infamous guerilla tactics are known throughout the galaxy, and that they have "heart" or some such BS, but put them up against ANY well equipped, well trained Omni force and they will inevitably get creamed.

And if they were on a mission to stop terrorists, I would assume they were going after the Dust Brigade. How very telling that the clanners would risk life and limb to defend those monsters, even in their own fiction!

In conclusion, to say I'm taking this story with a grain of salt is an extreme understatement.

You should too.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

And sir, I'm saying your a complete fool.

Understand that the pnoes themselved declared they were from Omni Prime when they decided to threaten to LEVEL Borealis.

Understand that some of your own members alike are against the prescence of another fighting Task Force.

And for the record, we are NOT "undersupplied clansmen with their poor, dusty gear and worn-out weaponry." Thanks to the presence of Ian Warr, The Johnson Sisters, and the Lee Brothers, many clanners have found themselves equipped in substantialy protective armor. Just as well, the indroduction of the Unredeemed and Redeemed, and the armor of the Xan, have as well shown to the benefit in armor, and weaponry, to Clans and Omni alike. Let me ask you this, How many Omni citizens do you see running around in Azure, Omni-AF, or The Tier armors?

Now let me ask you this. How many clanners do you see running around in Azure, Sentinels (Equal in all respects to Omni-AF), and tier Tier armours?

About the same, I'm willing to bet.

And how many Omni-Tek soldiers use the Spastic rifle?
    Most of them, I would assume.
    How many Clan soldiers use the Cooperator rifle?
    Most of them as well, I assure you.

How many Fixers, Soldiers, and Agents, do you see in Perenium weaponry?

Nearly all.

The fact of the matter is, times have changed.

Where there was once Flowers armor vs. Omni Pol armor, it is now merely everyone wheres carb, tier, or CAS untill they can otherwise get thier hands on something better.

The opening of the Shadowlands brought equality in gear. I hope you remember that the next time you assume were some raggedy bunch of dusty rusty minute men.
    Not quite dead yet. But almost.

Don't touch the funk.

The last hurrah...

(checking behind Jacob to look for the marionette wires...oh, how silly...Omni doesn't need to tug puppet strings to make his mouth spout the company hymn, they do it through remote control)

How silly of a reply is this! Come now, even Jacob Stroud can't hide the fact that the Horny Horsies took Kemlyan Jakos out to some remote location, threatened his life in no uncertain terms (I'm sure the words "terminating" and "insurance" were involved as well) and caused this normally intrepid reporter to essentially run for cover and make statements to the effect that Omni-Prime's finest soulless, heartless killers were just here on a mission of "anti-terrorist" origins.

What a big load of steaming doo-doo. Anyone that believes such garbage about a clear case of press intimidation deserves to be horribly ridiculed, lambasted and tormented for daring to open their mouth and spout such sewage.

"Can neither confirm nor deny". "Anti-Terrorist Mission". All indicative of a massive cover-up of an even more massive OTP failure. Who knows what they were covering up, and by this time, who cares. I put nothing past OTRK, so I would certainly put nothing past OTP and their REAL BIG steamroller of a corporation. No, I would call OTRK peace-niiks compared to these multi-trillion credit thugs. More of the same, just wearing the same corporate logo.

And honestly, every time that someone opens up their yap and defends the silencing of a valuable and honest reporter, it shows your intelligence and your committment to the truth. Whiich I would set at about zero points. Or at least about 3 points below eremite dung.

(OOC, this will be my last post in the forums, pending the quality of AI. It's been a blast debating with you all and talking about the OT/Clan/Neutral relationship. In particular, Naefen, Marisha, Xhairs and a few others have been particularly enjoyable trading barbs with. Good luck to all of you and enjoy the stories and debates. Perhaps we will meet again. And if not, you may find me in EVE Online piloting my ore frigate through pirate territory. God Speed.)
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Thumbs down propaganda and speculation...

I agree with Jacob on a few points... all of the information we are arguing about here was provided by mostly clans. Now if that would not turn out biased results then i don't know what. Also find it strange only FJRK has reported on this, you would think an important subject would be reported by IRRK or OTPC. Until then all this is just mostly clan and biased speculation.
    Omni-Tek Forever!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast