Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: What's up with the level requirements on nanos???

The only people who want OE stopped are the idiots who can't grasp the concept of implanting and buffing. These people cry because they suck so bad compared to the intelligent playerbase. As we all know, idiots outnumber intelligent people in every aspect of life. Hence, it's only logical for Funcom to go the idiot route.

It's been said that Funcom implements changes to make leveling slower, to keep it's player base. Guess what? If there was anything else to do but level, you wouldn't have to worry about the rate of leveling to keep the playerbase. It's a simple concept that I'm sure goes right above their heads.

It's just sad that intelligent players don't have the computer savvy, and marketing savvy, to create a game that would require...intelligence. I think such a game would rock, as I thought AO would rock. Sadly, I think I was mistaken. These level reqs will not affect me for a while. However, several patches down the road, when everything needs level reqs, I will hopefully be beta testing something else. Till then, let us get what enjoyment we can still get out of this game.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jun 30th, 2002 at 05:41:36.

Level Restriction is a good idea !

So next patch FC will give a "level buff" to a class
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Originally posted by Zylina
    The only people who want OE stopped are the idiots who can't grasp the concept of implanting and buffing. These people cry because they suck so bad compared to the intelligent playerbase. As we all know, idiots outnumber intelligent people in every aspect of life. Hence, it's only logical for Funcom to go the idiot route.

It's been said that Funcom implements changes to make leveling slower, to keep it's player base. Guess what? If there was anything else to do but level, you wouldn't have to worry about the rate of leveling to keep the playerbase. It's a simple concept that I'm sure goes right above their heads.

It's just sad that intelligent players don't have the computer savvy, and marketing savvy, to create a game that would require...intelligence. I think such a game would rock, as I thought AO would rock. Sadly, I think I was mistaken. These level reqs will not affect me for a while. However, several patches down the road, when everything needs level reqs, I will hopefully be beta testing something else. Till then, let us get what enjoyment we can still get out of this game.
    I agree with ya

OE was put in for the people who couldn't add. I got so tired of people saying
    "OE is still part of the game, you just can't do it as much as before"

Well, those same people are here saying "bump! i don't want OE on my nanos!"
    The nanos are already in game, are probably going to stay in game the way they are, and all new nanos are going to have lvl caps.
    Next is going to be :
    All ql200 weapons/armor require you to be lvl190+
    All ql150 weapons/armor require you to be lvl125+
    MP/Crat/Engie nanos are lvl locked based on QL (Ql189 = lvl189)

Call me a dooms day prophet, but its coming.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Unhappy

Originally posted by Cloud
    FunCom is one of the saddest companies I have ever seen. They shoot themselves in the foot every patch.

Originally posted by EvilSpork
    I'm suprised they still have feet left to shoot. They gotta be running really low...

=-=

It's becomming kinda obvious they didnt use a gun this time nor hit the footh either. nah, they used a bazooka this time...
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by JaydeStargunner
    A decent point, but still...gotta remember that the Advent +100 buff is limited at level 195--but level 195, an engi should have plenty of spare IP to throw around. =)

-Jayde
    Heh, when I'm level 200 I'll have 13,913 free IP (I've done the exact math), and I won't be raising Sense Imp / Psy Mod =P
    ~Chris

going level based is a step further to eq'izing this game.

Too little too late and not at all very well thought out.

Skill system works period a level based system does not period end of discussion and there is no logical counter to it.

EQ proved that a level based system did not work for pvp.

Funcom please reconsider cause if you dont SWG is going to destroy you and this game.

Well, I would like to point out that there may be a few intelligent people who don't want OE. Who do you think it is??? Nano-Techs!

My poor level 88 NT can't OE her nanos. =(

However, my poor level 73 Fixer can't OE his gun anymore, and that has made soloing hell in a handbasket.

I can't think of a fix for this. Inversly, I'm the least creative person ever thrown into existance. All I haev to say is that something needs to be done. Level Reqs on Fixer nanos IMO is kinda mocking us, because all our nanos skills are so blue that even the Blues Brothers couldn't express it with words. :/

BUT, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to do anything possible to try and get into that nano. (Hell, when I find Grid Armor it'll take a 132 Wrangle, +Masteries. Assuming I find it, since I've probobly killed 2k mobs with the help of my high level friends (to no avail.... mumble mumble))

Anyways, I'm done now.
    Airline Attendant, "Please get on the plane."
    Hisashi, "Up yours, I'm getting IN the plane."
    Airlane Attendant, "Please put on your seatbelt. To do this, please place the small metal flap into the buckle."
    Hisashi, "Do I place the small metal flap into the buckle, or can I place the buckle over and around the small metal flap."

Seatbelt - Hi-Tech Stuff. ^^

Question

I understand that the new nanos are level restricted but are there any allowances in the sense that there is a level cap but even if you could use it with buffs it will be at that level ?

Meaning the level is low enough for you to use example if I am level 50 and can buff into a level 75 nano are the new nanos saying level 50 or 75 ?

Let's say you have 100 TS and 100 MC to equip this nano but at level 10 you can buff to it but without buffing you cannot reach it .So do the new nanos restrict it to level 10 or level 15 meaning you can buff into it in any case and the level is just to prevent a level 3 from using it.
    Last edited by aryel; Jul 5th, 2002 at 05:12:00.

Aryel,

Most of the level requirements are COMPLETELY off base.

Typical example is a nano that one could execute at level 62 using only decent implants and a _modest_ MP buff that have level 75 requirement.

The poor decisions run up and down almost the entire line of Level requirements. 95% of the nanos with requirements can be executed EASILY even by people who have crappy implants but are prevented from executing them for 10,20, or more levels due to some assinine 'level' requirement put in because the designers are too lazy to work within their own Skill system.

People don't want to level just for the sake of leveling. They want to level to be able to improve their characters so that they have the SKILLS and ABILITIES to use better item. The level requirements remove this drive to improve your character and replace it with the old fashioned 'get to level X to be allowed to use item Y' horse crap. That's why everybody I talk to in-game and almost everybody on this board is pissed off beyond compare.

Without any further knowledge, it shows the game designers to be lazy. It smacks of taking the 'easy way out' when attempting to make sure items are used at their 'intended level range'. In fact, it takes away the 'range' completely. When you hit 'level X' you get to use the same god damn item as every other player who hits 'level X'. It doesn't matter what your proficiency in implanting is. It doesn't matter what your breed is. It doesn't matter if you effort to get friends to help.

Nothing matters except your 'level' and that makes many of us feel like we are being defecated on by the game designers.

Bio: I think your sig should point to page 12, not page 4.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Just want people to click on my sig to hopefully see what can come from a group of game designers who are able to both look to their own spotted past and forward to a truly next generation ruleset.

Remove the names involved in the development of that product and look at the 'game'. Look at how you develop your character by choosing 'skills' that he will be proficient in. Look at how what your character will be able to do is based on what he 'knows' and not some horse crap 'level' nonsense.

The people developing that game are NOT the same people who worked on that game that so many of you hate with a passion. Holocron and Sunsword are game design deities in my opinion. And that's not because of their assorted accomplishments. That's because of their ability to learn from mistakes and see the big picture. They'd probably both be fired from that 'other' company as they don't subscribe to any 'vision' other than that which generates the most enjoyable experience for your paying customers. Hence the previous poster's suggestion that I link to the 'Community' page in my sig.

However, 'level' requirements are the one and only thing that has me tugging at the reigns waiting for _any_ game to come along that my guildies will at least try out with me so we can put AO to bed.

Simple as someone's robot I saw walking around the other day named "LEVELBASEDGAMESSUCK'. Check my sig and see somebody who at least has a clue and is making an effort to be original. If you don't recognize the skill system, it's very close to what all of us were waiting for in UO2.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678