Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Information tools

I'd like an information tool that shows the exact ACs(all types) of the mob or player, and not have insane reqs to use it 8)

Originally posted by CaptFallout
    Only use I guess is to identify which of the medusas is bugged and hits for 3-5000 dmg despite looking (and being named) like all the others...

of course, it has normal hps, level and isn't aggressive... *sigh*
    Scary thing Cappy is that these 'bugged' Medusas are probably the new unbugged versions that actually fight like level 200 mobs.

I recall that Medusas were meant to have an AoE attack but due to the problem of them going off in a chain reactionof the entire area attacking each other that was put on hold till they could fix it, problem was they can't fix it so instead they are going to make their attacks equal to their level.....

In other words they are going to hurt.

Which means we all got to find somewhere else to hunt or go back to the very slow grind of killing masses amount of critters giving us 10-20k per kill. Sounds good to the low levels till you tell them you need almost 3 million total xp to level.

Question is when will this change go through and should I stay at 112 where I can get QL200 loot or make a break for level 132 where I can get it again. [For those unaware you can't get QL200 items between 113-131 since a QL201+ only spawns items that can have a QL over 200, so no armour, implants, weapons, NCU's, belts etc etc etc.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

yeah, I always wanted an official responseon that... does perception make Aimed shot hit for less?

I raised mine to 200, and I think there's a difference... but then again I dont get hit much with aimed shots anymore...

The only info tool worth using must be a Coord tool
    The coord tool would show what the coords of the current zone u are at.

But alass.. No such luck... YET!

Pliz funcom make this. Helps me from wearing out F9
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

traps and perception

How exactly do you discover and disarm a trap? Does it happen automatically with perception?

Hermione.

Use the search control.. and when you've found it use a bomb disarment kit which can be bought in the tools section of any general shop

Originally posted by Falcon
    >>>Question is when will this change go through and should I stay at 112 where I can get QL200 loot or make a break for level 132 where I can get it again. [For those unaware you can't get QL200 items between 113-131 since a QL201+ only spawns items that can have a QL over 200, so no armour, implants, weapons, NCU's, belts etc etc etc. <<<
    Umm...after lvl 112 you can get a QL 200 reward again at 154, not 131. And another thing...You can get QL 200 items as a pickup in any QL 200+ mission. So if your one of those ppl that likes to get two QL 200 items at once per mission, then stay at 112, otherwise you just get one QL 200 item

Originally posted by griemdaall

Heh, or maybe it's useful because traps give several thousand xp when you disarm them even at low level. Of course I'm sure to 'most people' 3-4k xp is useless or whatever.
    If you're able to disarm these 3-4k xp chests, you have pretty high Disarm... The check to see the trap is actually Perception+Disarm based... If the Disarm skill is high enough to easily disarm the trap, it's also high enough to spot it 99.99% of the time...

Sorry if this has been posted already, couldnt get me to read through all the posts here

Anyway, I would like the information tools to work a different way. How about once you equipped the tool, you engage a mob, the perception vs. concealment check is made automatically, and when you hit T, it shows you the info from the info tool.

This would make info tools a bit more useful, i didnt use them mostly cauz i needed to click the thingy each time i wanted to use them (and of couse the high reqs on them).

If you equip them, they should work automatically anyway (since its a HUD thing).

Not much of a change, but still a good idea i think.

Dark

yep, during my noonb time, i installed them in the HUD slot...lol... was wondering how these tools was suppose to work...

I've still invested ip in perception over the time and unfortunatly, now i can use them, more by RP than concrete result...

i'm lv80, able to use a QL110 level information tool (until now, my higher recors is a lv91 mobs) and a QL98 life&nano information tool (able with a lv1 ... then, even a lv7 resist me!!!)

WTF !!!

(the third one is a joke except for noob, u know how an anun or sandworn will react if u enter in his territory...)
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    RollerRat Diplomatic representative (www.rollerrat.com)
    "i come in peace"

here my final numbers :

information level tool QL110 --> mobs up to lv93
    informarion life&nano tool QL98 --> mobs up to lv3 !!
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    "i come in peace"

i'm still wondering if the information tools are still broken or if it is "intented" that they give useless result ??

FC : one more BS
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    "i come in peace"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12