Thread: Aggro broken?

Aggro broken?

Two stories from last night. Both involve a Doc and Enf duoing mid 70s missions. Both toons are level 55 at the time. (So, sue me for duoing easy missions, it's untwinked toons.)

First story: Single monster. Doc uses shotgun, Enf uses beam. Both attack about as fast, as Doc can't afford ranged init. Enf seriously outdamages Doc with the first four hits. Enf uses Da Taunter twice and Mongo Slam once. Mob turns on Doc.

No, the doc didn't cast heal. Enf didn't have a hot running. We held off on both to test it out. So with 40% more damage, 2 hits with a ql 50 Da Taunter and 1 Mongo Slam it wasn't enough to beat the random factor? Get real!

Story 2: We meet two mobs, bad pull gets em both. Enf Mongos and engages A. Both A&B engage Enf. Doc slows and double dots B. Not touching her shotgun yet. Enf is a bit down on health so receives a heal. Now one mob turns to Doc and stays glued to her through the fight, the other mob sticks to Enf.

Did B turn on doc and A stay on Enf? No, even though A had gotten beat for 4k damage with a beam and B was only Mongoed A turned on Doc and B stuck to Enf for another 30 secs and three heals before Enf even touched B.

Story 2 happens once or twice per mission we duo. Story 1 happens all the time. (And we duo alot.)

Something is wrong with this picture.
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

Acutal I belive the problem lies with Taunters
    After useing them with various charaters it seems to be a de-taunting devise almost

Setup

Level 115 Trader(myself)
    Level 104 MA
    Level 109 NT
    Level 103 Doc

I'm tanking
    Start fight aginst an Master Nano-Tech
    Divest
    Fling(500)
    Shoot 2.4k Crit
    Shoot 2.4 Crit
    Plunder
    MA and NT start attacking
    8k Damage Later
    Doc 990 heals me
    2.4k Fling
    Taunt(normal taunter)
    NT quick nukes for 500 right after taunt
    Mob attacks NT

There seems to be a problem with either taunters totaly broken or they are using the wrong stats and acting like Repressers funcom needs to check into this one.
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Yeah, they might actually be aggro-wipes, that would explain alot. Wipe list and leave 1 pt for me.

Though it doesn't explain story 2.
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

Here's a nice thread from the doc forum that talks about aggro. Mission Survival Techniques

This is one of the useful threads that I found from the official doctor sticky thread.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I had a similar strange experience last night.

We had a nice team, MA, Adv, Doc, Engie and me, Enforcerette.

I pull a mob, made a crappy hit and got outdamaged by the MA.
    Casting Mongo to get aggro back...

The Mob switches from the MA to the Doc.

I cast direct taunt to get aggro back.

The Mob switches from Doc to Engie.

Finally the mob died, all of us getting a fair share of the damage so no one died.

Not what I have in mind when doing Aggro Management thoug

Have to spend a bunch of IP in Psychologie to get an AggEnhancer to work (Solitus I am).

Cheers
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

The NT thing might be a result of the taunts and debuffs on some of the NT nukes.

Most high end NT nukes do dmg like an average crit, but also have a debuff AND a taunt on them. Add that up and the mob gets really heavily pissed.

So to e.g. pull aggro off a NT that used lets say Izgimmers Enveloping Flame (does around 2.5k avg. dmg, has a -300 Fire AC debuff and a taunt on it) you would have to 1) do more damage with a crit, 2) divest/plunder/debuff the mob and 3) use a high lvl aggro device (cauz generally 1+2+3 is what Izys Flame does).

I think after 14.2 NTs get way more aggro (cant really say since i currently dont play my NT), simply due to the reduced crit rate of other classes. The taunt on some nukes has to go, or the whole team really has to do the steps 1-3 from above everytime a NT nukes (which, to be honest, just aint gonna happen with casting speed in mind).

Rav