Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13.4 : Trade skill additions

Had a look at the current weapons that CAN be enhanced.

Lets just say every one needs enhancing... and a LOT of it to make em viable.

Still.. I'll go get a baseballbat and let my trader and engy friends at it and see what happens

Trade shops - few suggestions

A few suggestions

- Add a bank terminal. Some people collect trade skill items in the bank and will appreciate access to them.

- Looks like there are 2 sets of the same machines in the room. (eg Melee parts on the bottom floor and another right above it). These machines appear to contain the exact same items (with the same QL). This makes the second set redundant. Is it possible to have the second set contain different QL items?

- If you click on the machines on the bottom floor (where the walkway is directly above them) the labels show up over the floor so you can't tell which machine you clicked on.

- The symbol on top of each machine is the same for almost all of the machines. The cluster machines can use the old cluster symbol at least. I'm hoping more symbols are in the works to make it a little easier to navigate.

- Would be nice for people to have access to the shopping channel(s) inside the tradeskills room. Then real tradesmiths can plant themselves in there and offer their services.

Overall I love the new rooms and I'm looking forward to seeing how many of the new recipes are broken
    (I play on test most of the time)

This is all very well, but I'd certainly like to see SMG Kits fixed.
    Vrischika
    Head Seer
    The Honored Maidens

Broken kits fixed??

I wold really like to get some info about the broken kits, (meele, smg++)..

My trader has not yet been able to make any meele or smg weapon..

Are anyone looking into this??

(I know i am not the first one asking)..

Blueprints & Pistols

I would really like info on the broken blueprints that are already in the game too. I spend a lot of money testing them after every patch and rarely see anything with them fixed. How come?

Another thing. I can't really see the reasoning behind adding trade skill stuff that improve melee weapons. I thought that pistols was the weapon that really needed improvements. And the ppl skilled at making improvements will most probably be engineers, who would really benefit from pistols getting a much needed boost.

Originally posted by Vrischika
    This is all very well, but I'd certainly like to see SMG Kits fixed.
    yes, for god's sake fix the smg kits - or are they in the contest for longest surviving bug?

Red face hahahaha

yes, for god's sake fix the smg kits - or are they in the contest for longest surviving bug?

Not even close!

I think the MA weapons bug is the oldest surviving one in the game.

If we Zone, or Buff, or even Log (including disconnects and linkdeads, of course), with a weapon in hand, we lose the ability to punch. Sigh.

and making old tradeskills work

It don't seemd who did something about that... but i still don't understand why you can find every tools and instruction disks to build nanos...

and I never met people who already found 1 carbonrich rock.
    If they really exist... I think you should make them a little more easy to find .. or if not... implement this usefull item.

C you

Fix the MA weapons bug!

Thatd just make my day.. oooh ye.
    And I have a couple of carbon rocks.. they DO appear, albeit very rarely.

New items in shop terminals

I have been walking around Tir and doing a few missions since the new patch.

I carried a full inventory and headed to the advanced store to sell the loot. As always i sell in the medical terminal since I usually need new medstuff to run to the next mission. I sell the stuff and turn around to check up on nanoclusters.

I click the terminal and... hmm... no clusters... check the terminal, says something about skills or another. Spin around and notice a door in the wall next to the weapons terminal. walk up to it and see nano department. But that was in the back wall... go to the back wall and see trade skills department. Cool. inside I see several terminals. I examine each and everyone and soon find the nano clusters. Hmm... shining cluster at the top? used to be bright. Check the terminal... ahh.. only shining in this one. easy access, not so much scrolling. Looking for my clusters and it hits me.... no cluster in my ql range. find about 2 clusters that are the same, but with various ql's. OK so they moved the clusters I need to the superior store. Will have to check that out, but first. what is in the other terminals?

(Find the superior store and the cluster terminals only to find a huge gap of about 20-30 ql levels. I am looking for ql 90 and since advanced goes as high as ql86 I think I've seen and superior is well above ql 110 I am at a loss where to find my clusters)

Find a camera. read the info... Ok can hold one image. thats nice. its a one time only item... But what can I take holo images off?. no viable description.

Check for other stuff, find some robot stuff, no descritpion to what they do. (later on I find some info on them) Checking other terminals and find a bunch of new items.

Cool, a red piece of paper. the info states it can be used to issue orders and stuff. looks a t the price, well not to high. I buy it and.... nothing. Can't seem to use it. Strange. must be a bug or I am doing it wrong... which terminal have the pens?

Find another item to be used with the camera. Sweet. Still don't know what to take a holopic of, but what the hell. I buy the items and after some fiddleing around I end up with a key. The info on the key states it can be used to mark items with my imprint, my personal stuff, also to make keys and sign orders.

Ok. now we are getting somewhere... I use the key on the red paper.... nothing... still bugged item I guess.

Question.
    What keys can I make with my own personalized key? what orders can I sign with the same key?

Found a strange little ball by the door to the nano dept. The info states it is a shop-bot. But it isn't ready for use yet. It will be soon, when all the paperwork has been taken care of.

Question.
    Why add the items if they cant be used? why not keep them away from the game until they have a meaning? WHy put a shop-bot in the shops if you cant use it to buy/sell/trade or anything. Why is it there? what will it do?

And one more thing. Not as much a question as a request.

please add info to what stuff do, and what is needed to use them. Having little or no info for items doesn't make for a fun time. I saw the book terminal for advanced books. Hardly any books there, this soon after the patch and most books have already been bought?

My wish is this. Either pull the items that have no use from the game or make uses for them, and please add a more usefull description then "This is a camera, use it to make one holopicture, then it cant be used again." Please let us know what can of stuff you can take pics of. Now I know, but I doubt I would have bought it if I had known, since I have no cluse what this new dna key will do for me, other then taking up space in my inventory.
    Last edited by Thoram; Dec 19th, 2001 at 22:06:04.

Lightbulb look harder

those implant stations are still in the shops, in the first room.

Exclamation YO CZ!

Can we get an update on the ETA on the mysterious "other way" to get carbonrich rock?

There are rumors floating around about them being floor spawn in missions.

I'm trying to become a tradesman and these little details would be helpful for planning.

Can you even give us a little hint?

Yeshu-Level 89-Neutral-MP

May The Hand of Rubi-Ka be your guide...

Melee weapons unmakeable

Well - I have tried to make some melee weapons - skill were all set - found appropriate level ites - followed steps in malual - and OOOPPPSS! - sorry, 1 item is bugged - won't combine.

Apparently the 'co-optimizers' to make dual weild weapons are bugged. They simply don't combine.

*sigh* - back to looking for good huntng grounds.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Exclamation The magical stylings of Dr. Bones

Let me start off by saying that I am impressed by Funcom's obvious response to the community’s outcry for improved trade skills. I don't know that such a large change has ever been implemented due to our complaints and suggestions.

That being said...

Here are a few suggestions on what needs to be done to make the trade skills a viable path to pursue.

1. Increase the amount of XP given for utilizing all trade skills. I know this is possible, and it is only fair. The amount of XP reward given for increasing your combat abilities is far greater than what you get for increasing your trade skills. Here's an example:
    A lvl 70 soldier raises his ranged energy stats to equip a better weapon. With the new weapon he can take down lvl 100 mobs with ease where previously he often died when fighting even a lvl 80 mob. Of course he'll get a lot more XP for killing the lvl 100 mob than he'd get for killing the lvl 80 mob. Probably a few thousand XP difference at least. However, no matter how much IP I throw into Nano programming I will never get more than 1k XP for making any implant, as that is the max XP given for implant creation. Given, there are up to three slots for each implant, and there are like 13 implants available, but how often does anyone get the opportunity to make a full set of QL 200 implants, or even one? The most XP I've ever received for performing a trade skill is 750 and I'm a lvl 86 nano programmer, progarmming at 663. I get 4000 XP for killing mobs my own lvl, but only 750 XP for combining a lvl 183 implant with a faded cluster. This is severely under par, if you want people to take trade skills seriously. The only reason nano programming has survived is because it's a necessity.

2. All trade skills have to work. How many people would fight with melee weapons if they didn't work? None. Nuff said?

3. Instructions for use and requirements for use have to be better documented. Why aren't there requirements and effects listed for trade skill items? Every weapon, piece of armor, and nano crystal has a description and requirements. This makes choosing the right trade skill items very difficult and confusing. Heck, sometimes, even when you have directions it's difficult enough.

4. All items used in trade skills have to be readily available. I have been looking for a QL 37 carbonrich rock, or at least one 37+, for nearly a week now with very little luck. I've found people who have them much higher or much lower, and one person with a QL 40 or 41, but he needed his. This is just one example. Some parts are far to scarce, and carbonrich rock is just one of them. Though, there do seem to be more of them available, there still aren't enough. I've done nearly 15 missions or more since 13.5, and I haven't found one carbonrich rock. The parts necessary to use trade skills cannot be so hard to find. No one will participate, or the costs of the rare items will go sky high, eliminating any profits that may have been gained!

Ultimately, this post is in response to Funcom's official statement on the new trade skill areas. They make the statement that they'll monitor these areas for how much we use them. Well, unless the items I've mentioned are addressed, then this is not a fair way to judge how much work Funcom should put into trade skills. Very few people will be willing to go out and buy a wire drawing machine, or an isotope separator, if the processes or the materials to use them are broken or nearly non existent. At this point, there is very little to be gained by increasing trades skill attributes. Therefore, it is absurd to expect people to use the new areas just because they're there. I have been toying around with the areas, only because I have a little spare change to burn, and a sincere interest in checking out the processes for bugs, and other problems.

It takes all kinds, but it seems that Funcom has only provisioned for one. The hunter killer type. In the words of Bones. "D@#$ it, Jim! I'm a [Nano Programmer], not a magician!"

Please consider what I'm trying to convey...
    Last edited by Yeshua; Dec 28th, 2001 at 22:12:29.

Yeshu-Level 89-Neutral-MP

May The Hand of Rubi-Ka be your guide...

Bonk Yeshua in a supportive way.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Question New tradeskill items WHAT :(

Hi there

Personally my responce to this whole thing about the new tradeskill departments/items is --- this is great

but

- Well I see the idea that funcom has in letting the players explore those new items and finding joy in being able to desciphre how to use some of the items - and I don't like it

Personally I'm playing an NT and I'm looking forward to making lots of crystals on my own I just got some comments that I think U should consider.

Firstly!
    - there is absolutely no point in implementing low lvl tradeskill items for nano crystal as it is far to expansive to create those instead of buying them. Either remove this lowlvl rubish or make it worthwhile to collect it like monsterparts - hence make it payoff!

Second!
    - as it is not possible to buy all tradeskill items for crystal making U should give acces to more trade skill item only crystals and perhaps spawns of those loot only items should be bigger as they are far to low.

third!

Well it is not very easy to figure out what the empty crystals and the storage tool bot is used for. I have spent 3 weeks trying to figure it out and haven't come up with an solution I have even bought one at the neat cost of almost 3 million credits and it is useless rubish as of now. I have asked all NT's I know and nobody can tell me what it is used for. Simply put when U make such new implements please use two hours on wrinting an article where U explain how to use those new assets.

Yours sincererly
    HURL

Alias Xenozx

Why do the new departments drop my framerate to about 3-1fps?

Ok, so i enter a general shop, everything is fine till that new "evil"
    door to the tradeskill department opens.
    Soon as that door opens my framerate drops from about 30 to 3-1fps. With that said, interestingly enough if I retreat to the nano formula department the lag completely disapears, and framerate is back to normal. The second I leave the nano formula deparment im back to 3-1 fps. Come on guys..... this cant be intentional. Please fix this! =]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123