Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 13.4 : Meta Physicist changes

Post 13.4 : Meta Physicist changes

Third pet
    The 3rd pet will be added. It is a psychosis/mesmerize pet.

Healing pet fix
    Healing pets will no longer go into a coma if their target dies or fades away.

A third pet? hmmmm Lets hope not another advantage In PVP.
    But its a interesting idea, Im going to make a MP soon anyway

Talking A third Pet

Great !!! At last...
    Forgive my french english

Sweet, now if you make every profession as interesting as Metas, your game will be perfect

btw. what does that pet do actually ?

It looks like a sea of balls nowadys at the avalon borgs at times, the Meta profession is by far the most popular since you enhanced them, and I bet Crats are the next very popular profession. Don't stop there

We (MPs) were merely the first to receive re-balancing by Funcom. From the looks of it, 'Crats are getting a good working-over as well. In time, all professions will receive the same treatment. We may look uber now, but please hold your judgement until all the classes have been equally loved.

Cloudeh, what profession do you play that you have such a hard time fighting MPs? If you can root, root our pets. If you can charm pets, do so. If you can fling/burst/full auto, ignore the pets entirely and kill their master. Seems fairly straightforward, unless you've somehow gimped your character (no offense).

Anyone else have any suggestions for fighting MPs?
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

If you're an adventurer, the best way to handle MP's in PVP is to run out of the PVP zone.

Of course, that's also the adventurer's best way of handling every other profession in PVP.

PLEASE don't make the mez pet nanos mission-only. That is already the only way we can get the Amine and Creation lines and I'm really sick and tired of camping mission booths (the black market prices on these are exploiter-friendly). Make them like the Teachings line, available in a store near you...

Scorus

With the new trade skills booths, this may not be as big a problem as it used to be, Scorus (although I'd like to see the finished crystal available in shops too ).

I'm a 81 Enf as my sig sorta says

The last time I PVP at all was at lvl 65 ish something.
    And it was a MP.

His pet just like, Anoyed me...... I dimached it and that did nothing, killed it.
    Then I had to contend with a Second pet, or the owner of it, which the owner was getting healed by and arg by the time..you know.

But back then I had Crap armour, I had like ql 68 Riders Ex's for that lvl.

Now I have 116's at lvl81. ql115+ armour and nice tank armour and all.

I have not pvp for weeks, is it about time I try again?

Im not gimped at all, no offence taken.I was, but...now Im...fine
    As you may have seen in some of my storys about surviving an attack from a group of 6 greenies.
    hehe

I think I will make an MP instead of a Doctor now
    Mp with my bros ENF, nice team :]

About frigging time that healingpet got fixed, no offense. Bugs are natural, but what really annoys me is when they seem so easy to fix and nothing happens. An easy fix for the healerpet coma would be the pet fix you forgot to mention as MP fixes, namely the nolimit terminate.

What about the "side change" pets do when they zone?

Other than that, it looks to be a great patch again, keep up the good work.

Cheers

Originally posted by Spookymonster
    With the new trade skills booths, this may not be as big a problem as it used to be, Scorus (although I'd like to see the finished crystal available in shops too ).
    Do you have the 500K credits that it costs for the tools to make nanocrystals over Q20? I wish they would lower the prices on those two tools that cost over 200K at Q25, then more people would be able to afford to take up nanocrystal creation. That would help the supply and demand problem.
    Guy offered me Creation: the Crotalus nanocrystal the other day. For only 250K. And I'm sure he found a buyer, someone who had just bought another million credits off ebay.

Scorus

Oooh thank you!

Not having the heal pet go into a coma combined with the ability to /pet terminate from anywhere (mentioned in the 'other changes' for this patch) should help with some of the more frustrating aspects of being a MP (which is a great profession )

Now if you could just fix pets getting lost in missions (and some of the 'line of sight' issues in certain missions which stop you from issuing commands then I think MPs will be happy for a long time to come.

New pet sounds interesting... Gonna look like a zoo in missions when I go there with my MP friend though hehe

Climate.

lull pet won't be an advantage in PvP, cause lull does nothing in PvP.

Btw, an enf or crat shoudl be able to defeat any MP easily. We both have a nano line called 'fear'....

Originally posted by Scorus
    PLEASE don't make the mez pet nanos mission-only. That is already the only way we can get the Amine and Creation lines and I'm really sick and tired of camping mission booths (the black market prices on these are exploiter-friendly). Make them like the Teachings line, available in a store near you...

Scorus
    Yes, I agree 100%. I don't mind having to do missions, but please no carpel tunnel booths - probably the least effective interface in the entire game.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Do you have the 500K credits that it costs for the tools to make nanocrystals over Q20?
    Well, that's one advantage of belonging to an all-MP guild; re-usable NF trade items will be more than worth it .

Originally posted by Spookymonster
    We (MPs) were merely the first to receive re-balancing by Funcom. From the looks of it, 'Crats are getting a good working-over as well. In time, all professions will receive the same treatment. We may look uber now, but please hold your judgement until all the classes have been equally loved.
    Mixed feelings on this... 13.4 is still not the Fixer patch... Yet, the more I look at the MP fixes, the more it looks like Funcom can actually do some good things when they go around fixing a class... Same with Crats...

Cloudeh, what profession do you play that you have such a hard time fighting MPs? If you can root, root our pets. If you can charm pets, do so. If you can fling/burst/full auto, ignore the pets entirely and kill their master. Seems fairly straightforward, unless you've somehow gimped your character (no offense).

Anyone else have any suggestions for fighting MPs?
    Agreed. I tried an Engineer with my Enforcer, and he had a very red pet... Just ignored the pet and bashed on the Engineer, they die quick... Of course, afterwards pet killed me Pretty rare to have draws in an Arena... I don't have fear yet, or I would have tried it... Root works nicely, especially since you're not going to shoot at the pet (root will last a good duration).
    I wonder if PvM stuff work against pets though (like calm, fear...).

Great!!!!

The MPs in my guild will be pleased. Kudos to FunCom!

Why are MP's constantly getting updates to their profession. 13.2 Gave them so much... Notice now that there's SSOO many MP's out there... who can destroy almost anything that moves. If you know how to play your character right that is....

And now a third pet?..... Bah.... this is just insane. Help out other classes who need help..... what ever happened to the ADV's?

- this game is getting out of hand.

Cub,

These are all things FC promised us months ago, so I don't think it's a situation of "oh, MPs are still gimped... give them more". Rather, I think of it as an example of how Funcom plans to rebuild each profession. Our original class design pales in comparision to what we look like now. Six months from now (hopefully sooner ), I don't think any profession will look like it did on day 1.

Don't kid yourself - no one really thinks that MPs are destined to be the uber class in this game forever...

Originally posted by Scorus

Guy offered me Creation: the Crotalus nanocrystal the other day. For only 250K. And I'm sure he found a buyer, someone who had just bought another million credits off ebay.

Scorus
    I've missioned close to 1mil in a day at lvl 53. Not hard to make creds in this game and if you don't have the time take 1 higher lvl mission for a nice sellable item and make yourself 550k off a roab or something. Prices of items shouldn't be changed for these items bc there is a large amount of money to be made off of them. If anything they should be higher... It's an investment.
    Last edited by Lilbreather; Dec 6th, 2001 at 19:17:58.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast