Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13.4 : Engineer changes

If you lower the price for the tools required in making a nano crystal I will be very... disappointed. I've spent a lot on them, only to make the nano crystal Grid Armor which can only be made.

And the carbonrich rock wasn't too easy to find either.

Exclamation

About this new Kamikaze droid.

We the all powefull engineers demand input!

Basically by reading all posts here there are 3 BIG questions we want answered.

1. How big and How will it look like.

2. What will it do?

3. What QL´s will it be, how POWAHfull do u have to be?

My own questions beyond the above mentined.

Will they be made more aviable than the latest nanos we have gotten? why do i ask this? well probably one of the most poorest professions will be aven poorer by having to get ripped of by traders for 1mil+ for those nanos.

What can enginners build exept for weapons?

Thx Cz

Thx for ur informations about the new bot, Cz!
    But dont tell us too much. I wanna be excited til usin it =D
    Thx
    Shinji

BTW: Didnt know the Community team is playin...
    First time i realize that Community Manager sais something correct about game mechanix: The cost of tradeskill items!

is this going to get pushed back, because on the test the bots are SOOOOO far from being ready

Originally posted by Cz
    I know our nano designer is going to look into the price of those tools (he mentioned it today when I talked to him about some other changes), so they might be adjusted a bit (though I can't promise for sure, or when it might happen).
    Excellent, please keep us informed! I think lowering those costs will be necessary if you want making nanocrystals to be a significant part of the economy. And especially if you want anyone making sub Q25 crystals.

Scorus

Originally posted by MrHeX
    About this new Kamikaze droid.

We the all powefull engineers demand input!

Basically by reading all posts here there are 3 BIG questions we want answered.

1. How big and How will it look like.

2. What will it do?

3. What QL´s will it be, how POWAHfull do u have to be?

My own questions beyond the above mentined.

Will they be made more aviable than the latest nanos we have gotten? why do i ask this? well probably one of the most poorest professions will be aven poorer by having to get ripped of by traders for 1mil+ for those nanos.

What can enginners build exept for weapons?
    Ok, I think i can answer those, i THINK.
    [list=1][*]I belive they will look like scooplets, diglets, moles, etc...[*]umm...explode [*]Kamikaze I is QL 40, Kamikaze II is QL 140[/list=1]

Both versions are spells. But you need to make the instruction disc first then the crystal and then u gotta meet the reqs. I'd guess about 200 TS, MC for I and 650 MC,TS for II.

I luv to speculate!

Ugh. Got a feeling there are gonna be people taking Krneki's word as law

Angry The Kamikaze Robot

a week late with the patch and you still screw us
    so 2 weeks holiday and another 2 weeks after that for the next "patch" IF you get around to it maybe in a month we'll see it

Pistols are still CRAP and bots are marginally usefull in missions at best.

I'm really getting to the end of my rope here.

YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!

This new Kamakaze robot was the only thing I was looking forward to in this patch. Great. Funcom please explain yourselves?

Re: The Kamikaze Robot

Originally posted by NutsnBolts
    a week late with the patch and you still screw us
    so 2 weeks holiday and another 2 weeks after that for the next "patch" IF you get around to it maybe in a month we'll see it

Pistols are still CRAP and bots are marginally usefull in missions at best.

I'm really getting to the end of my rope here.

YOU PEOPLE SUCK!!!!
    You sound like a spoiled child. They havn't finished the programing on them and rather than send you another feature that dosn't work they are trying to get it right before adding it to the game. Yeesh get over it. Programing isn't magic, its hard work and a big application is more complicated than a large building, and with less margin for error.

And bots are great in missions. I do missions with almost no risk to my character because of my bot. The way missions are disigned make it easy to never get agroed if you use some strategy, and my bot almost never gets stuck because I know how to lead him around.

Pistols are supposed to be CRAP. Use a different weapon if you want to kick ass.

Re: Re: The Kamikaze Robot

Originally posted by Sigfried
    Pistols are supposed to be CRAP. Use a different weapon if you want to kick ass.

Shotguns are pretty cool at high level. Pick one that doesn't use that many weapon skills.

What the heck is going on here?

I just now came from the Test server.

A couple days ago, my Engie there had built a robot brain and equipped it in the shoulder slot for a small boost to Sense.

Having just now read that the Kami bot was cancelled, I went back to Test to see if I could still build the robot brain for the sense boost.

My existing robot brain was still in the shoulder slot, all well and good.

I could still buy the parts, all well and good.

So I bought the two parts needed, and assembled the first one with the nano sensor, all well and good.

But when I assembled the third part, I was suddenly disconnected.

OK, I figured this was just coincidence, so I went back and did it again. DC'ed again.

A third time. DC'ed again.

Here -

http://hacked.xmission.com/valhalla/scrn0006.png

- is a screenshot of my fourth attempt, just prior to being disconnected a fourth time.

As you can see, the console says I have assembled it successfully, but the parts have not actually gone together.

What in the name of seven burning hells is going on here? I can see it not working, I can see the parts not being available. But to have it consistently just kick you off the server every time you try is flat out weird.

Can we please have an official Funcom reply to this ASAP, please?

Thank you for your time,

Possum

addendum

And this patch is supposed to go LIVE in 12 hours?

ummmmmm....

Got Kicked also

Yea, there is something wierd with some items...

I had an emmosional sponge (dont ask), and whenever i would try to shout with the emmosional sponge in the text, it would auot crash me...

I don't know anything about this kamikaze bot, but making something new when we have other things that should be looked it is kinda foolish.

For example, look at the pathetic damage that damage shields do. what good is 40dmg against lvl 200 mobs? Yeah it's continuous, but against things with almost 20000 HP, that's foolishness. And i believe that 40 is one of our strongest damage shields.

Also, take a look at damage buffs, it increases damage by a set amount, like Hired Hands that the Trader class gets. It increases the damage done by 8, not 8% which would make a hell of a lot more sense, but 8. Can someone tell me what increasing damage by 8 is supposed to do? oh yes, we'll plink the mobs to death.

Next off, can you please kill that acid dungeon where there is a catwalk over the acid? that area is hell for any pet user, your pet gets stuck in almost every other room and you have to waste time getting it out, or remaking it.

allright, that's enough for my ranting, if anyone else wants to throw in their 2 cents, please be my guest =)

Money

Missions = Money

I hate missions like my mother in law...

What do I do?

Missions are more or less impossible with an engineer. Especially that acid missions. Whenever I go into a mission area and see its an acid mission, I curse and leave mission and break the key in a thousand pieces. It's 100% impossible unless you just warp all your trader, enf, soldier etc friends in, and get 0 credits cause you got 1000 friends in the mission. So you gotta find a mission with a reward that you can use or trade for a decent price.

And I agree on damage shields...What good do they do except chew up NCU? Nothing..Mobs die no faster with damage shield on me and my pet. Refrect shields are useless also, unless its percent. Though, it should be at least 10%.

Pet pathing is hopeless at times, sometimes pets take a hike houndreds of metres in the wrong direction.......

Oh btw, something HAS to be done with missions.
    I got slayer, and it takes me minutes just to get him thru a single door in a mission. Implement a /pet warp command or make doors bigger or make doors irrelevant so that pets can get through any door whatever size. I cant do missions unless I team with melee fighters now. It's not possible even though my pet has no problem with mobs. Pulling lvl 180+ mobs 200 metres is not always recommendable.

Another thing to add would be giving us multi ranged along with pistol skill. I know we're supposed to depend on out pet, but if you're going to give us a crap weapon skill, balancing it with being able to hold 2 of the same crap weapon makes it decent. The rate of fire with 2 pistols compensates for their amazing lack of damage by occaisionally interrupting the enemy.

I agree with Acolyte, we should definately have some sort of "/pet return/warp" command so that we can bring it with us, because mission areas are seriously bugged for our bots. And it's serious problems for people with Slayers because it takes a looong time to remake it unless you have a lot of friends or a very good guild(getting MPs with high buffing as well as a Trader with large wrangling skill).

A general exploit that I've been told of is that other players can run nano programs on you in the 15 seconds before they can initate a PvP attack. Isn't rooting someone down also an attack? A friend of mine zoned into a political zone and lost his Slayerbot because he was rooted in his Yalm when he zoned, and was killed. Isn't there a distinction between an aggressive program and a passive one?

This last bit is more of a social thing, but why can't our bots disco? =P

Ok, open to more questions and comments =)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast