Thread: 13.4 : Bureaucrat changes

Post 13.4 : Bureaucrat changes

Charm fix
    Charm fix – charmed monsters can now be treated as pet.

Fear fix
    The fear nano “Sudden Scare “ will now work as intended, and we have added a psychic check to it.

Just a wish

Why can't the Bureaucrat pet be permanent like the engineer one. I'd like to have an aide that does'nt just disappear like the MP pets.

Re: 13.4 : Bureaucrat changes

Originally posted by Cz
    Charm fix
    I don't quite understand what this does. Is this a fix to the bug that won't allow charmed mobs to attack their own type?

Will you please answer the questions that I've asked a couple of dozen times about psyche checks:
    1) Why institute that on only our stuff? There are dozens of nano lines in your game and in all the other ones the player is encouraged to upgrade because the nano is noticeably better than its predecessor. Why go away from that successful formula just for ours? It causes two major problems, which you have still not addressed:
    2) When you team, you tend to hunt for creatures that are far above your level. These creatures are immune to our nanos. NTs can still nuke them, Traders can still debuff them, MPs can still debuff and nuke them, we can't do anything because we have had a check in addition to nano resistance added. Was this taken into consideration when psyche checks were decided upon?
    3) When a weapon user is debuffed he laughs. Loudly. When a nano user is debuffed then he uses the previous generation of his nanos. When a crat is debuffed then he stands there and looks stupid because his previous generations will never survive the psyche check. Was this taken into consideration when psyche checks were decided upon?

Please answer these questions. They have been asked for over three weeks now, plenty of time for you to track down the person that has the answers.

Scorus

Re: Re: 13.4 : Bureaucrat changes

Originally posted by Scorus
    I don't quite understand what this does. Is this a fix to the bug that won't allow charmed mobs to attack their own type?
    Yup, they will now attack anything you ask them to. well, almost.

They will not follow you across zones though.

About the other questions, please keep this forum to what is in the patch text, not to things that are not in there. If not, this forum will just be like a 'general' forum, something we try to avoid. (Will try to get answers to it though, but they will not be posted here.)

Cz

Not to be a bother, but when will we get all the other thingswe were promised? I figured sometime around 13.4 we would have (almost) all of our new .. stuff.

In particular, the XP loss reduction nanos, psychology affecting psyche checks, and the paperwork tradeskill, the 'suit' that buffs our psychology or whatever, and the briefcase.

Actually, the thing I'mlooking forward to most is the psychology affecting psyche checks. The others will be very nice, don't misunderstand me, but the psychology bit will allow me to use charm and fear again (maybe not on the highest mobs that my group fights, but hopefully on some of the lower ones and on the ones I find in a 50% mission).

Also, what do you mean the charmed mob will attack 'almost anything'? It will attack any mob we tell it to? Or it will still refuse to attack certain monsters? I'm hoping (and for now assuming) you just mean it won't attack other players outside of PvP zones...

One last question. Does the fact that the mob will be treated as a pet mean that guards won't try to kill me if I charm a mob and use it in pvp (much like they used to when I'duse a pet in pvp)?

Thanks,
    Humour

Originally posted by dfield
    Also, what do you mean the charmed mob will attack 'almost anything'? It will attack any mob we tell it to? Or it will still refuse to attack certain monsters? I'm hoping (and for now assuming) you just mean it won't attack other players outside of PvP zones...
    Yup, you're correct. I just wanted to make sure noone came yelling "Cz said the pets would attack anything, but mine won't attack the prison guards in Omni-1 Trade. U suXX0r!".

About the PvP use, I'll look into that. QA is working on testing all the stuff now, so I'll go nag them tomorrow when they have sweated a bit.

As for things not included in the patch, I have no ETA, but hope that I can get one later on, for another forum (e.g. the Bureaucrat profession forum).

Cz

Thumbs up Starting to look good

Its good to see that the crat is finally getting something to be happy about, and this new patch makes it even better (not much but some )
    Its very good to see that FC are making so many changes on the players behalf, keep up the good work, and one day, one day the crat will rule like it`s supposed to!

Cracchus

Originally posted by Cz

About the other questions, please keep this forum to what is in the patch text, not to things that are not in there. If not, this forum will just be like a 'general' forum, something we try to avoid. (Will try to get answers to it though, but they will not be posted here.)

Cz
    Sorry about that. Just could'nt help myself

Originally posted by Cz
    Charm fix

Fear fix
    The fear nano “Sudden Scare “ will now work as intended, and we have added a psychic check to it.
    Great to hear! Maybe more crats will show up in the world.

Question Rumors of powerfull helper

I heard a rumor that one of the Bureaucrats helper maybe a NinjaDriod is this True?

-- Does this tank armor make me look fat?

Re: Rumors of powerfull helper

Originally posted by Ximes
    I heard a rumor that one of the Bureaucrats helper maybe a NinjaDriod is this True?

-- Does this tank armor make me look fat?
    Yes.

Ph33r me?

I only just started using the "Fear" line of nanos. What was the problem with them? I understand the need for a psy check as some of these crat nanos are quite powerful and could be used to fight much higher mobs and get insane xp (otherwise the resists of mobs would have to be upped and we dont want to see that )
    What exactly was broken with "Fear"? I used it successfully but always wondered where the mobs actually run to in missions?
    They often dont come back too (Fear wipes the hate list of mob?)
    Once my pet ran after a feared mob leaving me alone with a charmed orange mutant who made strange growling noises while staring at me. I couldnt find my pet nor make it come back and had to zone out of mission when the charm broke...

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Re: Ph33r me?

Originally posted by Valerian
    I understand the need for a psy check as some of these crat nanos are quite powerful and could be used to fight much higher mobs and get insane xp (otherwise the resists of mobs would have to be upped and we dont want to see that )
    Where did you get that idea from? From the level 150+ crats? Oh wait there are none?

From the legions of level 100+ crats? What's that? Up until last week there were only 3 active level 100+ crats? Oh, I see, there are about 4 or 5 now.

Heh. The psy check was needed to ballance the high end, I see that now. It was still overdone, but I'm hoping adding psychology into the mix will help it. (i.e. I can charm mobs over my level again, like theo nes i find in 50% missions or in hunting groups).

Re: Ph33r me?

Originally posted by Valerian
    I only just started using the "Fear" line of nanos. What was the problem with them? I understand the need for a psy check as some of these crat nanos are quite powerful and could be used to fight much higher mobs and get insane xp (otherwise the resists of mobs would have to be upped and we dont want to see that )
    What exactly was broken with "Fear"?
    The reason both charm and fear were nerfed has nothing to do with their power. The problem is that the higher level nanos in the charm and fear line are only marginally better than their predecessors. Funcom therefore had two options if they didn't want high level characters doing well with very low level nanos (which was definitely happening), they could:

1) Give us incentive to get the higher nanos by enhancing the higher level nanos to make them more desirable as they have done with every other line of nanos in the game. This could have included greater range, greater duration or lower resistances.
    or
    2) Nerf them by providing a Psyche check on them so that they had a requirement in addition to nano resistance, unlike every other nano in the game. This had the added benefit of making it much more difficult for crats to be appealing to groups (since two of their lines wouldn't work against the level of MOBs that groups attack) and being more vulnerable to debuffs (since we can't go down to the next lower level of nanos in the line, like the other nano classes can).

We have asked a dozen or more times why they chose option two instead of option one and have been told, on two different occassions about three weeks apart, that they are checking on it.

Scorus

Will there be the Crat tradeskill

Mentioned in envisioned added with the new tradeskill enhancements with this patch?