Thread: Blade Corp, Omni and Neutral Divisions (RK1)

Post Blade Corp, Omni and Neutral Divisions (RK1)

Blade Corp has positions available.

Blade Corp are looking for a few good men/women/atrox.
    We do not accept just anyone, yes we wish to increase our numbers but not at the expense of the quality of person we are looking for.

Blade Corp is a mercenary company, though the widespread use of supression gas on Rubi Ka has hampered this course of action. Therefore the Corp has evolved into a more multi-tasking organisation, bodyguarding, manufacture, etc as well as the more traditional "mercenary" work.

Anybody interested in this offer please visit our information site at http://www.bladecorp.com . Here you will find further information on the Corp and it's members in addition you will find our online application form.

You may be the person we want, so apply and find out.

//////OOC//////

Blade Corp is a tight knit, friendly group of players. If we can help one of our own in some way we will. We're not looking for selfish or just plain obnoxious players.

Just applying doesn't guarantee acceptance. If your application is promising we will set up an INITIAL interview.

The purpose of this interview is for us to gauge the type of person you are and for you to ask questions.

If the interview proves successful you will be admitted to Blade Corp as an 'Applicant'. This is to allow you to get to know us and us to know you. If you are what we are looking for and you like what you find, a department head or our President will promote you to Unit Member at some point.

This may seem drawn out but as I've said before "We do not accept just anyone". Anyone who joins must live up to what we've fought hard to earn...namely...the respect of the omni and neutral communities.

We strive to keep good relations with the Omni and Neutral Orgs out there and one or two of the clans as well Usually a group hunt, static dungeon or event is held once a week, all are welcome and we usually end up with a mix of all factions.

Active, helpful, friendly, loyal, and like roleplaying?? If you answered yes to these questions you might be just what we're looking for.

So if you want some fun, meet helpful players and (hopefully) get involved in events take a look.

/////////OOC Ends//////////

Alteredstate
    Blade Corp Neutral Unit Leader

Alteredstate:

You state that BladeCorp is looking for people who are "Active, helpful, friendly, loyal, and like roleplaying??"

Helpful, friendly, and loyal are not terms that I would apply to a "mercenary".
    Although you've begin your note explaining how BladeCorp has evolved from this type of work, you have not indicated that Blade Corp disavows such work. In my mind, I cannot reconcile how an organization can both foster friendliness and helfulness, while killing for profit.
    Can you tell us what your company philosophy is in regard to the OmniTek/Clan conflicts?
    Do you see environment as an oportunity for BladeCorp to profit? or do you see it as a tragedy?

I believe that by supplying a clarification to this issue, you'll better target those whom you wish to be members of your organization.

respectfully,
    Cristobal "Blix01" McCovery

It is perhaps not my place to comment, but a mercenaries can feel a sense of loyalty to their commardes and to their unit, even if they are indifferent to cause or nation they fight for. Great mercenary companies can be inspired by a sense of tradition and take pride in their professionalism and history.

Granted, if you wish to strip away all the romance from it, it is still the job of killing for money. But then again if you do away with all romantic notions, there is very little to left to roleplay.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Wow, I was hoping to get a reply from alteredstates or another Blade Corp representative.
    Its been several days now without a word.
    I wonder how serious they really are in getting members..

-Blix01

PS: Savoy, you have really romanticised the role of a mercinary. I don't know if I buy it though.

Apologies again for not replying sooner Blix.....I like to take a break from the forums occasionally as they can be quite depressing with the whining, whinging and moaning.

OK to answer your question.....

1) The "Active, helpful, friendly, loyal, and like roleplaying?? " was placed in the OOC part.....this is the type of player we want not a definition of the character they play. If a merc guild was totally full of 'mercenary' players then what help could you expect from your comrades??

2) Any soldier 'kills for money', just because he's in an army doesn't make him that different from a merc. He's paid to fight, all be it for his country, company, etc. A merc just wants to get paid a fee commensurate with his skill.

3) Blade Corp as a whole is neutral in this conflict...by this I mean we give no greater weight to the clans 'cause' than we do to the Omni 'cause'. We're not interested in their politics, because afterall politics can change at anytime...and who can totally trust a politician lol

4) Yes I feel this conflict is a tragedy....for those caught in the war who simply don't want to fight. That is my personal view however, Blade Corp views the conflict as an opportunity......and while I am a member of the Corp I cannot speak against it's actions.......the Corp is out to make money as is any business.

I hope this helps you understand me a little better

This is an RPG....with at the present time very little RP'ing....which is not the players or FC's fault.....we have the freedom to play as we want and who am I to criticise another player because they want to do team missions or PvP all the time.

It's our game, our characters and our choice. I would be very interested in your views on what I have said....and yes I will check the forums more often awaiting your reply

Alteredstate

Hi Alterstates:

Thanks for the reply. Much of what you say makes sense.
    I do disagree however with your assertion that any soldier kills for money. Those OmniTek employees that I know, and those Clanners that I know are passionate about their respective causes. The Clanners don't fight for money, they struggle to achieve the freedom that they perceive they were denied. Likewise, the OmniTek employees that I know are working for order and rule of law. Few are in it for the money. Warriers for hire are mark of mercinaries, assassins, and well.. thugs.

Your response does help me understand your group better. Thanks for the reply, and best of luck with your membership drive.

-Cristobal "Blix01" McCovery
    Neutral Adventurer

Wink hmmm

I see your point about the clan soldiers, they do fight for a cause or belief rather than cold, hard cash. If I wanted to be stubborn I could say that they gain material wealth e.g. weapons, food, shelter, etc.....but that would be pretty petty of me and reaching a bit

I do disagree with your Omni soldier view, as you said they are Omni 'employees'.....they are employed and paid by Omni Tek. My 'paid to fight/kill' seems to stick to them a little better. Yes some are more motivated by the Omni cause and belief...but at the end of the day they are still paid soldiers.

This is rapidly becoming a discussion of beliefs and politics lol

Alteredstate