Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13.4 : Pioneer backpack modification

Smile

Scorus, great reply, and very correct.

Cz

Re: /cheer Capt (heh)

Originally posted by Nietya
    How about you reward the people that you shafted when you gave your CANCELLED account members a free month, but screwed over current account members. How about that?

-Nietya
    So if you buy a car, and a month later they offer a $1000 rebate on that vehicle, you were shafted?

Just curious, not a flame.

Re: Re: 13.4 : Pioneer backpack modification

Originally posted by zeroframerate

And this has more priority than certain bugs out there? Just seems like Funcom is just trying to accomplish successfully anything just to re-affirm their confidence in programming.
    i'm sure these guys are working hard, especially when patches come out.

they COULD spend all their time on the bugs already reported.

u'd have ppl ( myself included, probably ) b**ching about how little the game changes, and its supposed to change...

they would burn out and make things worse. if making changes to various things helps keep their minds fresher and more focused, then i say do it. *cough ... apartments need attention .. cough*

Re: Re: Re: 13.4 : Pioneer backpack modification

Originally posted by Thyrra
    they COULD spend all their time on the bugs already reported.

u'd have ppl ( myself included, probably ) b**ching about how little the game changes, and its supposed to change...
    I guess it's a tough choice to make, honestly.

You get to choose between a game that works and works well (bugs are a rare and special occasion and get stamped out quickly with no reprisal).

OR

A game with rapidly changing content, but nothing ever works right due to bugs (which are very common and never really get fixed without something else breaking).

Personally (just my preference) I'd rather have the more stable game. DAoC had fantastic stability. Never broke once during my beta testing of the proggy.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing AO. But I just feel that there are more important issues that need attention other than giving the backpack the ability to tweak your size 2% bigger or smaller.

Cz, you better tell Cosmik he has to stop working on the smaller things and start fixing some bugs. And then he has to finish mopping those floors, and make you some coffee. Then we need those org commands finished, but I'm sure he'll have some spare time later tonight.

Just kidding, I know you have more than one person working on AO, and I'm glad you take the time to tweak smaller things like the scale on the backpack. Smaller = useful, larger = for looks. Maybe now we'll see some agents running around with the backpack on.

Re: Re: /cheer Capt (heh)

Originally posted by griemdaall

So if you buy a car, and a month later they offer a $1000 rebate on that vehicle, you were shafted?
    It would be more correct to say, so if you were one of the first people to rush out and buy computer game X when it first hit the shelves, paid full price ($55 usually) and helped make it a great success and put up with all the bugs in it (like Pools of Radiance 2), then 30 days later the price dropped down to $29.95 (or so) and the people that buy it then have patches to make it work smoothly on day 1, did you get shafted?

The answer is, yes. Which is why I stopped buying brand new games a couple of years ago, and now wait the 30-60 days for the price to drop and the first set of patches to come out.

back to the backpack question I would have to agree with the posts requesting to allow us to wear this particular backpack somewhere else. Both the utility belt option and shoulder option were good ideas.

-it's value decreases considerably when compared to other back items, when combined with others it is quite usefull.

-Also I'm more of a trenchcoat type then a backpack type and fashion matters. Maybe if we could transform it to a shoulder pad with all the bonuses and just lose the ability to store stuff in it or something?

-please, someone explain how the size mod can be important. can't you choose from 3 sizes during character design? how will this change things?

tutoring

tutoring kind of works.
    I found a ql4 comp lit tutoring device.. later on i was 2 comp lit short of being able to use some ncu so i drafted in a higher lvl standing about and asked him to help me figure out how the device worked.
    He tried clicking it on me a couple of times.... nothing so i teamed with him he clicked it on me and reported he saw a flash around me and some words like enabled float above my head( i didnt see this but i have Other effects un ticked) like the surgery clinics i clicked the ncu waited for the bar to go all the way across and it equipped with out any "Your comp lit needs to be..." msg.

He wasnt sure of the exact amount of skill he transferred so later i got together with a friend and tried it again it rduced my comp lit by 5 but visually didnt change my friends comp lit. But when he tried to equip an ncu chip, he was 4 points below the requirement in comp lit, he could use the chip. So while tutoring doesnt work visaully( show a skill increase like implants and surgery clinics do) it still seems to work.

Angry you gotta be kidding

Roboka said -

"So, why don't you do either of the following:

Hard Way: Allow us to label the bags kinda like we do macros. We could open a bag and type in chat "/bag rename Guns" and the word Guns would appear over the bag's icon.
    Easy Way: Sell bags in different colors. Same 3 sizes, just add a color tint to the icon, a color to the name and maybe a couple words to the description. Let's see; red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, white, black, grey, tan and brown; 11 bags in 3 sizes = 33 different bags, fast and dirty!"

Several of us suggested this months ago, right here in these forums, in response to a direct request for suggestions.

We never even got a response.

It's things like that which get folks so damned annoyed

This doesn't really effect me, but i too like trenchcoats and and soon as realised i couldn't were a backback with a trenchcoat it came straight off again. Why have clothing if you can't use it, seems daft to me.

Still wondering if the backpack operation is reversible or if the bag will be permanently a shrink backpack if you do the modification. If anyone knows please respond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12