Thread: What is the PvP game like prior to level 75?

What is the PvP game like prior to level 75?

Okay, this is a newbie question, but then again, I haven't PvP'ed much except with my 151 trader, so I guess I can say that I am somewhat clueless about the pre-level 75 PvP game.

As a change of pace, I figured I'd take one of my lower level alts, spend a day leveling her to around 60-70 and hit the PvP zones. I have PvP'ed a few times with a level 19 trader alt, but that was prior to 14.2 where I ran around with a seriously OE'ed beam. Considering that the winner was typically the one who was more successful/patient at begging high level folk for buffs, I got rather bored quickly.

Is it still the same case that external buffs rule in the level 60-70 PvP game? I'd imagine that with an essence/RRFE you'd have a huge advantage, but if I pick the right profession, I'm wondering if I would still have a chance even if I'm self-buffed.

Any advice on which profession I should pick?

Another plus for me is that I figure with the IP crunch prior to level 75, concealment wouldn't be a big a factor. If the person decides to invest in concealment, they are going to have to make sacrifices in other areas.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

75- is just for farming easy titles ( for those who cares about titles)

I could care less about titles. I just want to try to find something fun to do in this game.

It isn't the easiest thing to find opponents...I just spent hours and hours at tir arena, asking everyone between level 130 and 190 to duel. Nada. I even spent some time trying to convince folks to duel me 2v1. Did have a brief interesting moment where this 130 crat was trying to shoot me, but apparently missed on every shot other than specials.

I figured if I PvP below level 75, I'd have another option to try other than just flying back and forth between the arenas and MMD.

Oh well. I guess I'll just hit the arena with all my alts and see which alt profession I enjoy the most.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

PvP action below lvl 75

Well heres what i see.

It is a lot cheaper to twink a lvl 15 than it is to twink a lvl 120

This makes the PvP element accessible to a lot more people who dont have lvl 150 + alts to fund their fun. There are a lot of people PvPing in this lvl bracket, and yes, a lot has to do with outside buff begging and ncu capacity.

That is one of the things that make traders so successful as PvPers - as they have superior comp lit buffs - my trader had a ql 160 6 slot belt on at lvl 55 or something stupid

If you want to be a self buffed killing machine you need to sit just on the level cap at lvl 74, where you can enjoy protection from anyone above lvl 96 or so. Go Trader without a doubt, the superior power and ability to make opponents OE with 1 or 2 deprives cannot be touched imo. Having said that, an MA doing fire or radiation damage in combination with a flurry of blows and a crit buff can be equally devastating at times.

At the end of the day, PvP success is directly related to the cash and time you spend fine tuning your character. I tend to take down most opponents in 3 or 4 shots, so an essence isnt compulsory. In fact i dont have the ncu capacity to outside buff, as i dedicate 2 of my belt slots to a nano recompiler and a deck range modifier.

see you on the Battlefield - Rookie Janee Jakeaway Briggs lvl 74 Trader

I've taken a bunch of low level alts out of retirement and I'm trying them out in the arena to see how they do. Granted it's low level PvP, but it's surprisingly fun to PvP with a profession other than my main (trader).

Lately I've been PvP'ing with a 40 MA and a 58 bureaucrat. My MA was having a lot of problems until I did a IPR reset, upgraded her implants, and got me a working FoL. Turns out that being self-buffed isn't an instant death wish.

My crat is wielding dual customized reets and between her pistols, her bot, and roots (which are much more effective in low level pvp), she actually does a decent job. I'm considering doing an IPR reset and making a new set of implants in order to make her into a pure PvP player.

Anyways, I'm glad I decided to try out low level PvP. Granted that there are a lot of problems, but it's a nice change of pace from the 150+ PvP game.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Good reply from ATDA

super bump!
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

im making a low level PVP doc. its fun to be able to twink out a char like they stated abv since i have no high level characters above 70. My level 4 doc with nothing more than normal buffs, a Kerran, a coat, and a smile. killed a level 8 NT pvp character with a nova...i just wore him out with heals. im working on sticking implants on him , gettin a LLTS, got deflections shields and generators and 3 swapping weapons, i go in with no weapon. its funny how many try to just gank me straight out in the arena without as much as a "wanna duel" ill whip out my flechette v.2.1 hit aimed, fling, burst, and full auto, then flip over to my kerran as they swap in under a second. i wear a partial med suit to up my treats and first aid and spike up my nano to full every 30 seconds. its much more fun to low level pvp i think and no waiting 6 minutes to res and stuff. anyone that considers it a highly recommend it. and once i get my carbonum on him can buff into a 3x belt. ill probably only get him to level 15 for title 2 or 14 to stay under it not sure yet...i just know its fun