Thread: 13.4 : Inventory change

Post 13.4 : Inventory change

We have made a change to the inventory system when it is full. If you receive an item, a new window will now be opened where you can extract it.

This will for instance apply if you complete a mission without sufficient room available. Please note that the window will work as the loot view you open after killing a mob. The items will not be considered yours, until you make room for them and move them to your inventory.

If you decide to close the window, the items will be lost.

Cz,

Currently all secondary windows close after you zone. Will this new window close when you zone? or will it stay open like your main inventory window.

This will be good (if it works). I've lost tokens the way it is now.

Will the container gnomes ever be fixed properly?

Originally posted by Vegan

Currently all secondary windows close after you zone. Will this new window close when you zone? or will it stay open like your main inventory window.
    It will close upon zoning.

That shouldn't be a problem, there's no reason to keep the window open and go running from the end of the mission all the way to the beginning anyway.

It does mean that we'll have to delete that faded nanocluster of swimming and the set of 25 shotgun shells that we found in a chest before we can move the token and mission reward item into inventory. I think it'll be worth sacrificing them.

God i love that QL 200 ammo, I dunno stark. *scratches his stubble*

Timeout?

Sometimes while I'm neatening up my inventory to grab a chest item it times out and closes the window. Is this going to be an issue with this new system?

(I've also had tokens that didn't count toward my total is this being addressed either?)

Somehow, Funcom 'forgot' to mention that 13.4, now on test, has changed weight limits. BADLY.

Packs now do *not* remove weight of items in them. Worn armor now *does* count for your weight limit.

Nano and Treatment kits seem to be weightless, still... don't know about ammo.

Forget about looting everything in a mission, now. You won't be able to carry the weight.

I suppose it's possible backpacks will remove weight if worn?

Can't test that on test, being a lowly level 9.

Funcom's way to keep us from using back armor?

Originally posted by Tiran
    Actually, try ask around for someone to help you test it. You might be surprised on how helpful people there are.

I'll ask QA to check the weight issue and see whether I can dig up any info on it.

Cz

Originally posted by Tiran
    Somehow, Funcom 'forgot' to mention that 13.4, now on test, has changed weight limits. BADLY.

Packs now do *not* remove weight of items in them. Worn armor now *does* count for your weight limit.

Nano and Treatment kits seem to be weightless, still... don't know about ammo.

Forget about looting everything in a mission, now. You won't be able to carry the weight.

I suppose it's possible backpacks will remove weight if worn?

Funcom's way to keep us from using back armor?
    WHY IS FUNCOM DEVELOPERS TWEAKING STUFF LIKE THIS? You have no business working on weight issues when you can't get basic pathfinding for pets to work, etc. Weight works fine the way it is now. No, it's not perfect.

Talk about wrong priorities.

Tim

Question Hmmm

What if I find a NODROP something that, say, I already have one of, and want a teammate to have? Sounds like if I leave the item alone, and close the monster's window, it will lose everything that the corpse has left on it, is that true?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Question Inventory suggestion

First off, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I have a suggestion to an inventory/container fix. As it is now, the items in containers and inventory doesn't get sorted. So after some use the items tend to get spread all over the cointaner cells. This is very annoying.
    What about a feature (which the user may enable/disable) that automatically sorts the items after type or something, starting from top left and filling up space from there?

Thanks, and keep up the good work! =)

- Zigrath

Re: Inventory suggestion

Originally posted by Zigrath
    I have a suggestion to an inventory/container fix. As it is now, the items in containers and inventory doesn't get sorted. So after some use the items tend to get spread all over the cointaner cells. This is very annoying.
    What about a feature (which the user may enable/disable) that automatically sorts the items after type or something, starting from top left and filling up space from there?
    Actually the code tries to do this already but it fails miserably and that causes a great deal of frustration. If you take a lot of items and move them from one bag to another and rearrange them in the bags then you will eventually open a bag and the items will have been shifted down in the bag so you can't see them at the top. If you then close the bag and open it again one item will be moved to the top. If you repeatedly open and close the bag many items will reach the top, but if you keep going usually not ALL items will. I would like to see them either totally fix automatic inventory rearranging so that it moves all items to the top of the bag while preserving their order or I would like to see them completely remove any automatic inventory rearrangement since then at least when I put an item somewhere I might be able to count on it being in the same spot the next time I open the bag.

Lightbulb

THIS THREAD HAS GONE HEYWIRE.

Instead of it´s topic it has gone.. backpack, nanocrystals, itches in strange places and expnsive trading.

back to TOPIC

ENGINEER CHANGES:

What will the Kamikaze Droid DO?!
    Will it be a 2nd bot? thus dual pets?
    How to build it?

Will our pets be nerfed or unnerfed?

MrHeX

Originally posted by MrHeX
    THIS THREAD HAS GONE HEYWIRE.

Instead of it´s topic it has gone.. backpack, nanocrystals, itches in strange places and expnsive trading.

back to TOPIC

ENGINEER CHANGES:

What will the Kamikaze Droid DO?!
    Will it be a 2nd bot? thus dual pets?
    How to build it?

Will our pets be nerfed or unnerfed?

MrHeX
    The only thing that has gone heywire in this thread is your post lol

Exclamation New robot pets.

As i tryed to build a kamicaze on the test server (wich i found hard cuz it takes allot of items and mech engi ) i couldent finnish it cuz i needed 1 lousy item to finnish the pet and i never found it in any shops.
    But as i understand it you can make a nano chrystal out of the pet when you'we built it...
    I apolegize if thats wrong...

Neff
    lvl 46 Martial artist, RK1

Yeh but!

My inventory still gets shuffled when zoning in places!
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Yeah but your inventory STILL rearranges itself when you zone

oh yeah see above... heh thats what I get for not reading the whole post...

re:

Yes inventory still moves around on its own. And last night I noticed that other people on ooc channel were saying that items were stacking on top of each other and disappearing as well.