Thread: Re: Leet Friend Nanos

Re: Leet Friend Nanos

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I'm wondering if the reason you won't be able to zone with a leet is becauseAO doesn't support NPC zoning (EQ doesn't either, for that matter). It might be too much of a programming task (and would detract from other areas of development) to implement such a thing when the line is only meant for amusement. One thing to keep in mind is that leets can pretty much be found in every zone, so finding a new pal shouldn't be *that* hard.

Perhaps Funcom will support adding "adopt-a-leet" bins in some of the more popular indoor playfields (Reets, Rompa, Baboons, etc) so that having a friend inside will be possible?

Yup, as is the case when other NPCs are charmed (eg Bureaucrat second and third pets) - charmed pets won't zone. But as you stated, leet friends are very easy to find.

The Adopt-a-Leet bins is an interesting idea.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Ok...that explains it! THANK YOU COSMIK!

Please though...I'm thinking there should be little booths in EVERY playfield (except shops) where you can talk to the NPC. She'll spawn a leet on the ground (Free of charge) and you can then charm it.

Also: TURN THE PARK IN ENT INTO A LEET RESERVATION!

One last question, Cosmik- Why oh why did you make it BOSS LOOT ONLY?! I'll pay any price! I'll even pay 400,000 wonderful credits, just to be able to have a fuzzy little friend!

Edit: Actually, I was sort of thinking you could have a 'charm' nano, and then a higher-level SUMMON nano. This way, we could just re-summon the leet whenever we zoned!
    Last edited by MissMaul; Jun 16th, 2002 at 20:17:02.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Either leets zone or we need a bunch of them in every playfield.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    But as you stated, leet friends are very easy to find.
    Not in the cities, where we want them

Nerf the zone walls!

Hell, have leet FARMS in cities. All sorts of different leets, all different sizes and colors, so you can pick out which one you want just like Christmas trees or pumpkins!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

They're findable in Omni-Ent... that's the only city zone I can think of that has any inside
    Dest

Originally posted by MissMaul
    One last question, Cosmik- Why oh why did you make it BOSS LOOT ONLY?!
    All the new nanos are boss loot only. Why? Well, it's a nice trick by Funcom. Boos loot only nanos force people to do team missions, which give less people in the regular playfields. Less people, less lag... woot!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

A more realistic way of looking at it is that it keeps people playing the game. If everyone could get every item in the game in 15-20 minutes (time it usually takes to roll up a solo mission for item X), everyone would have everything in just a month or two. Why play the game when you have everything?

The chances that they did it as a lag consideration are remote. Since the servers that run each outdoor playfield also handle the missions for the zone, there is no more or less lag. The same amount of bandwidth is being used regardless of whether players are inside or outside.
    Last edited by Atremis; Jun 17th, 2002 at 23:16:15.

Question

Why not just have it summon a leet? Just have it ignore /pet attack /pet guard etc, non-renameable....not like they are a threat to mobs the player's level anyways.

Just have it stuck in permanent /pet behind mode.

I sure hope /pet social makes them roll on their belly though.

Also theres currently not enough leets spawning in ent to keep up with demand
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

LEET FARMS! What a great idea! But wait- they should be multiple sizes. You find one you like, and charm it. Then you go to the Leet Accessory Vendor nearby and buy a dying kit and maybe a few clothing accessories...equip away...and there you have it! A wonderfully customized leet!

Here's my other idea:

Instead of it being a nano, have it be like a leet doll. If you equip it it walks behind you, and all of your accessories stay equipped! This way, we can zone with the leets. (Just put them in your inventory first)
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Sorry Cosmik, but I don't care. If I can't zone with it, I don't want it. Make it a summon, so it's just like an MP pet, with a 12 hour duration. I want him to follow me from the city, to my mission, and sit there cheering me on when I fight.

Come on.. how cool would that be? "Yea, go Kaneth! ur uber!!!1"

re

I agree, Make it "Summon Leet"

I really dont' care how much work it's going to take the dev team. They seem to build entire ZONES for other class's *cough*fixergrid*cough*.

I want my summoned leet pet.

Talking

Yeah! Give us leet summon line with higher QL summoned leet making more cheering and comments.

Or let us put leet in backpack when zoning, after we don´t want to lose our little friends.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Summon would be much better, make it tops five or so...

Thumbs up

A huge bump.
    I'm all for Leet farms and summon leet nano.

Even if I sux in combat, life would be a lot more fun with a leet friend following all over the world.

Re: re

Originally posted by Ymodem-G
    I agree, Make it "Summon Leet"

I really dont' care how much work it's going to take the dev team. They seem to build entire ZONES for other class's *cough*fixergrid*cough*.

I want my summoned leet pet.

The reason (I think, though I could be wrong) they are making a new zone (read: new grid) for Fixers is because you people invaded our old one when the subway system didn't get implemented.

Anyway back to the topic. Heck yeah, I would support areas in the city with a whole slew of different size/color leets for people to charm. Maybe even a new nano for Fixers ala 'Summon Leet MKI' with very low requirements just so people could charm them :P

They should also have different phrases to say with a chat line command which would be tied to the new owner. Kind of like "I belong to XXX, he/she is uber".
    Last edited by Slyyk; Jun 19th, 2002 at 19:14:57.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Problem with zoning and leet farms is that the different play areas are designed to have certain numbers of mobs in them. There've been times in the past when mobs stopped spawning in certain areas because there were too many in nearby/associated areas.

To allow a player to bring large numbers of leets into any zone he wants would probably end up stopping spawns in those areas because there'd already be enough mobs there. This could be used for exploiting in high spawn areas - bring in tons of leets, kill the resident mobs, then just kill one or two leets at a time until a manageable number of mobs spawns. Also useful for griefing - want to annoy the campers? Bring in a leet army so the smugglers stop spawning.

The leet farm concept could possibly be done in 100% areas, but needs to be limited in number so that the server doesn't have to deal with 1000 leets crowded into one area.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Leets in bars?

I dunno about the future, but a rodent infestation is usually a baad thing. I know i wouldn't want to go to a bar or resteraunt that had rats running all over the place.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM