Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Reporter Kemlyan Jakos

July 29, 29478 -- (FJRK) -- Over the history of Mankind, there were always events that have changed our understanding of the universe. From ancient Homo sapiens first walk on the moon, to the landing of the Atlantean and Rimor on Rubi-Ka. Pursuit of knowledge and information has always been foremost in our unrelenting drive forward.

However, some such events are ominous foreshadows of things to come. Some of them mark a change so great that it threatens our alliances, our ways of thinking and most importantly, the ways we go about our daily lives. So it happened, this humble reporter witnessed one such event right here on Rubi-Ka.

It was a day not unlike any other. I found myself in Hope pursuing witnesses to the crash of the ship just to the northwest for possible insight on where it could be from. Many speculated that Omni-Tek had something to do with it, but a few seemed to think that it was something not of this world.

Just as I had started to pour my own insight in to the situation, two of the infamous Clan Borg Hunters came running full speed into Hope, heading straight for the Whom-Pahs. I followed them through to Stret West Bank where I stopped to speak with them. The frantic calls for assistance from the hunters to the public Clan frequencies brought many interested in hearing what had befallen them.

I've never seen such brave soldiers so scared.

They reported that a group of very elite Omni-Tek troopers was literally tearing the crash site apart. Based on the Hunters' descriptions, it was very dangerous situation. Nonetheless, I spent time convincing the group to taking me to the scene, to see it firsthand.

What I witnessed was one of the most frightening things I've ever seen. There were Omni-Tek soldiers there, not of the common sort. These soldiers were wearing high-tech armor and weapons I've never seen before. It was obvious that they were affiliated with Omni-Tek however, as they had a multitude of Omni-Tek support equipment.

As we soon found out, these soldiers were not to be messed with. Anyone caught in sight of these massive guards was quickly dispatched, but I managed to sneak away in the fray and get close enough to detect a few communications and see something that I will not soon forget.

The soldiers called themselves Unicorn Company, and it seemed that their task was to secure vital cargo from the crash site. The cargo, I can say without a doubt, was not anything produced by normal solitus-like breeds on Rubi-Ka. Nor was it of the Shadowlands. It was something different altogether, but before I could make out exactly what it was, the Unicorn Company soldiers managed to get it into their dropship and make a speedy getaway.

I'm uncertain what this all means, I've never witnessed anything like this before. But it obvious that something not human is among us on Rubi-Ka. Maybe those crazy people speculating about aliens were right.
    Last edited by Editor: FJRK; Jul 29th, 2004 at 19:20:54.

((OOC: I am very happy to see the Unicron Company being implemented in the story at long-last. I remember reading about them way back in the day, and I believe somewhere there is a CG-Render of a Unicorn Officer. Kudos!))
    Jenslove-165
    Born-July 3rd, 2001

Finally got me a naner suit...

Account Created - 2001-06-28 03:53:22

Jenslove is not, has never been, and will never be Ebayed. So stop harrassing me.

Ah, so that would explain the bodies...

See, we pried the Borg Hunters for intelligence during the subsequent combat we had with the unknown force on-site of the crash, and they would give us none. They of course were gigantic liars because they knew precisely what was going on. I would love to know who the Borg hunters were affiliated with, since I owe them a bloody nose.

And of course, this data point would point us into the direction that Omntron, Omni-Tek and all of the people that claimed knowledge of this event who were not present at the crash are all full of brown smelly stuff. They lied about what happened before, during and after the crash recovery.

If that's what actually happened. None of us that investigated the crash site when the Borg Hunters came recruiting for more fighters saw any live Omni's doing anything. On the contrary, all we saw on the ground was dead Omni's and their Slayerdroid slag heaps. Nothing was alive on the ground at all save for us. The reporter on the scene had told me that this was their first visit to the site, so I wonder where this data comes from? It seems a bit fishy to me, but I'll go with it for now.

However, it does not answer the question of the second OTAF assault on the forces left on the ground and it's purpose. If this "Unicorn Company" of OTAF is some big bad boogeyman commando outfit, they sure got their asses handed to them. And who was fighting them in the first place? We found no Clan bodies on the ground, only OTAF. We've been over the logic of this before.

I'm willing to submit the possibility that the OTAF forces were successful at defeating the forces of the unknown craft and recovering all of the cargo that was recoverable. They took some severe losses if this were true, and the second set of dropships could have been sent there to recover the bodies of their fallen comrades and any equipment left behind by this "top secret commando unit". But I don't think so. Too many inconsistencies remain for me to think this is plausible, but given what we really do know, it could be plausible. Oh, but this is REALLY reaching.

The original claims were that this was a prototype Omni ship and the deaders we saw on the ground were part of the rescue squad. OH MY GOD! So many OT droidbots here were SO sure of this and lied their faces off as to the explanation of this. Hey, OT apologists and manure spreaders...are your pants on fire yet?

Those of us on the scene of this fight saw nothing that is being said here, although a previous combat did appear to take place before our force arrived. But what it looked like to us was:

1. A ship was likely shot down, and likely by OTAF, seeing as how they are the only people on the planet that have weapons that can reach into orbit.

2. The OTAF sent it's boogeymen commando team to go get whatever it could from the site.

3. Said occupants of the now downed craft didn't really enjoy being invited to the surface in such a manner, and gave the OTAF Unicorns a Unicornholing.

4. The Borg Hunters, realizing what had happened here (as Clan security), recruited more Clan fighters to assist them in doing what the original OT force couldn't do the first trip.

5. After we had all gotten our butts handed to us by these unknown assailants, the OTAF sent a massive infantry assault force with Juggernauts to secure the site for good. Only we Clanners didn't let em and gave em all what for. Not like I haven't fought 100 Juggies and the Bozos in Black 10000 times.

6. The radiation levels, the buzzing noises and the other physical effects that were occuring around the crash site (I got sent to reclaim once by an "unknown damage type") went back to normal and no further disturbances were recorded.

So, this could explain why there were bodies on the ground when we got there to do the secondary investigation. OTAF sent their big bad Leroy Browns, only to be sent home to Mama instead. Actually, no one was successful in engaging these forces, and it's quite possible that OT got their hands on some of the craft's cargo, but no information was published about it (like we ever expected that there would be).

Another piece of the puzzle. Maybe.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

The Unicorn Company has finnaly landed? I was wondering the day when Omni-tek would get desperate enough to bring in the big guns... Maby Omni-tek Dellusion of Grandure is finnaly fading.
    Last edited by Kranden; Jul 30th, 2004 at 04:43:59.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

((OOC: ON an ooc note one of the clan commanders at the Athens Acadamy mentions the Unicorn Company if u want to get some more information about them. Btw anybody have screenies?))
    Last edited by Kranden; Jul 30th, 2004 at 04:44:22.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Ever since the crash in Hope a couple of months ago, I have had a dreadful feeling about this. I shared my thoughts with the gathered representatives in a session of the Council one day, but I was quickly dismissed. If the creature that appeared at the crash last time are any indication of the types of beings that this craft came from, and more follow...then what follows will be the most disasterous event since the rebellion of the Solitus from the rule of the Omega.

I only hope a peaceful contact can still be achieved at this point, and Omni-tek isnt the ones to make it.
    Hello, my name is Adan..and I was addicted to Nanokits......untill I discovered Notum Siphon CQ (tm)
    Adan Solkalibur Basso
    Nano-Technician

Armor Layout

Clan affiliated supporter of the Nanomage Liberation Front.

Desperate enough you say Kranden? I sincerely think desperation have nothing to do with it. The Unicorn Company comes to take care of business when it gets serious enough.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Great, another crash. They don't make flying vehicles like they used to.....fire the contractor that made the ships that crashed, honestly. They've caused enough problems.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Once again, then Joshua Crime have shown us all, just how under informed he is. You say that These... Pony people responds to the OTAF? You are very wrong, because its been made clear already that these people, do not respond to anyone but the uber bosses at Omni-Prime.

They do not respond to Ivan, Ross or the OTAF. And they do not care who they kill, cause they are sardistic murders.

Ohh, and before you bash innocent hunters and claim they lured you out there, then maybe you should have listented to what they had to say before you ran off and played hero?

IF Omni-Tek has begun sending the ponis to the planet, then i am quite sure there will be blood...
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

The Unicorn Company.

Now heres news thats important.

Many will say that the Unicorn`s appearance at this time on Rubi Ka is a blessing. Then again, many will claim its disastrous.

What I think is that we should all hope they wont be needed again. When they come matters are at a totally new level of seriousness and I think its as serious as we can take here on Rubi Ka without them.

Im glad to hear theyre mission was a success and that they got what they came for.

On a sidenote: Something like Unicorn Company for guarding Omni Tek`s fine cities??
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

((OOC: I looked all around, but could not find the render of a Unicorn officer. The last place I remember seeing it was over at AO-Basher/MMO-Dawn, which seems to be again out of comission...)
    Jenslove-165
    Born-July 3rd, 2001

Finally got me a naner suit...

Account Created - 2001-06-28 03:53:22

Jenslove is not, has never been, and will never be Ebayed. So stop harrassing me.

Whoa...

OK, I guess some must have piddled in someone's breakfast mush, so I'll be leaving this one alone.

Since what I said was true, I think the only argument you can make is that you don't like what I am saying, which means you don't like what they did to us by hiding pertinent information from us before we went out and got attacked 3x within an hour. The Borg Hunters would NOT share any intelligence with us, even though I personally asked them about 10 times. It's clear to me now that they knew precisely what was going on and they lied about not knowing anything. Furthermore, no one acted like a hero. They were in such an emotional state and plead with us to come and help them deal with this extremely dire threat, in their words. So, shall we dispense with the ********?

Since you decided to name names, Arila, I will say that you are extremely ignorant of the events that occured the day that ship crashed onto Rubi-Ka. I'm not because I was actually THERE. It's true, I know nothing of this Unicorn group because I never have encountered them or know what they are beyond some super elite Omni commando squad. On that note, I profess my ignorance.

Enough about this topic. I've gone around and around with speculators that didn't know diddly squat but lied about what happened, watched as other OT stooges backed up those that were lying about what happened, and then denigrated those who were actually there. We'll find out soon enough what is going to happen now, won't we? Since no one is capable of telling the truth or being objective around here, we're all going to find out the hard way.

As usual, terrible reporting...

It was not mentioned as to when this took place beyond the dateline of the story, nor did it mention that this was the second crash of a different vehicle in the same place as the first crash, or what the circumstances of this even were with respect to the other crash.

No wonder I'm confused about the timeline, I don't even know the damn time the events even occured.

This is very disturbing. The Unicorns are as tough as they come, and for them to go after something like that points towards an immense value of some kind. Very disturbing indeed.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Last night, Omni-Tek captured Kemlyan. It appears there is much regarding this crash, cargo, and troops they do not want discovered. I fear for Kemlyan's safety.

They are foolish to think they can silence truth, but it is amusing to watch them try.
    Woolgatherer: Dating your mom, since 1863.
    Terpsichore: Thanks for the face, Sunnyboy!

Well, their your troopers Xhairs, why not go ask what they were up to? Perhaps they'll start assasinating CoT staffers next......
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Perhaps they'll start assasinating CoT staffers next......
    Well, when there are implied threats of killing Philip Ross and shutting down our reclaim tech by representatives on the CoT public gridsite forums, one could see where that might be discussed as an option.

Not that I’ve been involved in any of those discussions, mind you.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

So the real masters of OT are showing their hand once more. Will the Omni-Tek masses continue to sit back and just take it?

Omni-Tek has unleashed a terrible disaster upon the universe. Like a natural disaster it will not distinguish between innocent or guilty. All who are in its wake will pay a hard price, and the ignorant slaves who disrupt harmony will create their own demize.

Do not worry, for surely the spirit of David Marlin will stir to help guide those who would fight against the evil of the Omegas.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    Omni-Tek has unleashed a terrible disaster upon the universe. Like a natural disaster it will not distinguish between innocent or guilty. All who are in its wake will pay a hard price, and the ignorant slaves who disrupt harmony will create their own demize.
    Yes, and each Christmas, our close orbit and atmospheric defense force shoots down Santaleets sleigh that is pulled by eight tiny rolerrats right before he can deliver gifts to all the good children in the north because we are so consumed with bitterness after discovering that all we got in our stockings this year was coal.

You don’t even know what the cargo was. The reporter didn’t even figure out what the cargo was. However, being excited about getting “Credits, girls, guns, Yalms, apartments in Jobe…” if he can get the scoop on the information, who can be surprised if the end result is sensationalized until the cargo becomes an unimaginable living color from deep space that tears the fabric of space and time due to it’s non-Euclidian geometry.

However, it’s easier just to assume that the cargo will disrupt harmony and spew disaster in its wake rather than something we just really really really don’t want to fall into clan hands, because Omni-Tek is comprised of slaves in love with Satan and all his little wizards. 62,400 repetitions make one fact.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast