Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13.4 : New dungeon (level 30-70)

Post 13.4 : New dungeon

Added a large new dungeon; the level range is 30-70.

Pretty wide spread there....
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

The more the merrier! Name? Teaser? Hint? :]

Scorus

New Dungeon?

Anyone know where it is? What it's called?
    «¤ W¥RM ¤»

30-70??? =(

This is the 3rd low lvl dungeon, being lvl 131, its more loot that is no good to me =(. Im not taking away from your guys efforts here, and i think its great you're getting the ball rolling on the NODROP/UNIQUE stuff. I also understand that you guys are trying to make changes of this sort that will afferct the largest audienc as to get the most for your efforst. Adding game content is always good, i'm just looking forward to some that i can use =)

as long as this one is not as ridiculous as Steps of Madness, i will be happy. i went to the SOM dungeon while being a 36lvl Doc. i realize that's a little low, but the rest of my party was not. we also had a total of 3 doctors there.

i wasted about 30 nano rechargers that helped us kill about 5 creautres before we died. the mobs had thousands of hit points & the experience was lousy to boot. i mean lousy!!!

on 1 of the patches they were supposed to fix the amount of hit points on bosses at SOM. the boss we fought was insane & the others were just crazy. they need to fix all of them or give adequate exp for having to deal 10k damage on a yellow creature that yields 867 exp.

Question ?

Cz could you please tell me if I could play the Complex(dungeon) solo?
    Im really starting to miss being able to play solo, since Im lvl 47 now I cant do anything solo anymore...

You will never be able to play solo with ease. Funcom made this game with grouping in mind. Too bad it is becoming gouping if you are a worthy class or grouping if you are in a guild =o)

just curious, will the items found in this dungeon be worth while to anyone other than players who are below the level of the dungeon?

sorry, still a little bitter about the lvl 36 fear-forged blade bit. I have a lvl 23 adv who uses a lvl 32 squibber, now he's way to low to survive in that first dungeon, yet if he gets to a decent level range to survive, the blade is not worth the risk anymore. you see where I'm coming for this? what's the point?

Neleb's Robe, from steps of madness, was actually a nice item, for those who need maxxed nano skills.

Were there any useful items from the cyborg dungeon? Anyone know?

I thought that the dragonclaw( something claw anyway ) dungeon was for low 100 level players. I heard about one raid on that place and nothing since. Also it might take a bit for them to get the 130-200 areas out since they are most likely going to be larger than the rest( Think Plains in EQ ). Personally I would rather have them take a while to get out some nice big dungeons for the high levels instead of getting some little wanker dungeons.

I have one question for Funcom:
    Is there are rough time period for when Profession specific Super weapons/items will be in the game?

Oh and take your time with these as they need to be really cool. Also don't make them like the EQ epics where the built in spell is just an upgraded form of one of the classes spell lines. They should be creative and add to the profession( like a staff for MPs that links their health to that of their combat pet )

Graukonig
    --"Where the hell did my pet go???"

in the cyborg dungeon me and my guild found 2 unique assault rifels (one looks like a bfg, cool but useless)
    Also there was cyborg armor, looks like vito but it also adds +ncu, which could be useful for twinking

I have to agree that by the time you can actually visit the dungeons and survive it, the loot itself is quite useless for you, and since its nodrop you cant trade it either.

What I really miss is a reason to go there, i havent found a story behind the dungeons, who's there and why you should go there.

Might also be a good idea to try create a dungeon with something interesting so people comes there more then one time. As with the robe in SoM it was good, you got there and you got it. but you dont go to SoM anymore...

They are there because the people that have played all the other MMORPGs wanted them. Same thing with the upcoming 'static missions'.

I wish Funcom would put instead put their people on the things that make their game unique: the storyline and missions! If they had put all these efforts into improving those instead of making their game more like EQ and DAOC then I think they would reap the rewards.

Scorus

I've never played any other games until after AO (then tried DAoC for my free month). I still campained for more detailed "quests" or missions or whatever you want to call them. Something that involved more than what we do now, camp a mission, get generic mission that has mission objective dropped in it, go kill everything and complete mission if you don't die.. rinse, repeat..

I've not tried the new dungeons (except madness), mainly because they don't seem to have much to offer over the current missions, and madness is the only one close to my lvl (42). I can't solo in one, and everyone tells me not to bother..
    The idea that if I do make it to the end, that someone may be camping the mission item and I won't get any kind of reward rather sucks IMHO..

I spent quite a bit of time hunting pumpkins for the challenge of finding them and a bit of RPing (I was the crazy guy at agentsector who was living in Omni Forest for weeks).

I only entered the Madness dungeon once. I used sneak mode and went as far as I could to see what it looked like, wasn't too interested, and then ran out when sneak broke.. I understand the dungeons need a diverse team, and I've not got a big desire to try and form that team just to have someone else get the rewards.. if I solo a mission, I'm guaranteed the rewards unless I give up, or it's too hard and I die continually..

I haven't been back..

Still, there's a big difference between well scripted quests and a dungeon.. yes, they're still static, and if funcom doesn't put enough out there and have some sort of system that prevents it, they'll be camped too.. but at least they'll make you feel like you're participating in the story.. hopefully they'll have planned for multiple people doing the same quest so that everyone gets rewarded for completing it..

IMHO the Steps dungeon is totally fubar - the MOB levels have no correspondence to the con system all other mobs use.

It makes no sense to have the mobs be gray to me when it takes a full group of us to kill something. Hell, make the mobs reds. Therre are so many spawn areas utilized for hunting that are populated by varying degrees of red mobs that groups of certain approx. level ranges can fight.

It seems stupid to me that the mobs in the SOM dungeon con gray to me, they still have mega hp and the loot is 95% useless and NODROP. The Cyborg dungeon seems only slightly harder, but since it's design is rather constricted, it makes it tough to have more than one group in there at a time. That General Severus is mean....what is the point of having lvl reqs on weapons that nobody at that lvl would use?

Eliminate the NODROP! Plz, I hate deleting stuff.

Unique loot should be sold, traded, etc...maybe even used in tradeskills/refining...

Sounds like this dungeon will be like the SOM except so vague as to the intended lvl as to not irritate anyone.
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

yay!

Lets ignore the high end game once again!
    Truwind
    134th Doc
    Director of Dark Carnival
    Slayer of Snarf and his Merry men
    Destoyer of Destux and his gimps

Red face Heh

What's wrong Truwind? You feel ignored? lol
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

It makes no sense to have the mobs be gray to me when it takes a full group of us to kill something. Hell, make the mobs reds. Therre are so many spawn areas utilized for hunting that are populated by varying degrees of red mobs that groups of certain approx. level ranges can fight.
    not to flame but..
    maybe its just because the cave is not about camping out for monsters that give good exp and great loot .. maybe its more of an storry unfolding and to show that evrything you do dont have to be about exp, cash and loot.

Originally posted by Urinal

Eliminate the NODROP!
    If the equipment is useful and it's not NODROP, then everybody with too much time on their hands will be camping the main boss mob to get the item and then selling them either in-game for insane amounts of credits, or more likely, on eBay for real money.

I agree. As it stands now, people might run the dungeons a few times, but with no profit to be made by camping the items, most will move on to something new, leaving things for others to attempt..

Originally posted by SecretAgentMan

If the equipment is useful and it's not NODROP, then everybody with too much time on their hands will be camping the main boss mob to get the item and then selling them either in-game for insane amounts of credits, or more likely, on eBay for real money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast