Thread: Omni-Tek Guard at Rompa Bar

Omni-Tek Guard at Rompa Bar

Here is a picture.

Warning to Clanners looking to party in Omni-1: If you cannot kill this guard, it would be wise to pick another location to party, talk or just hang out. If you do not think you can take one or two shots from his blaster, you might want to avoid baboons as well, due to the close proximity to rompa bar and the route required to get to baboons from the grid.
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; Jun 15th, 2002 at 02:24:39.

Until they create clubs that rock that much in Neutral or Clan territories (other than Reets, I already know that place rocks), then our only out for great nightclubs is Omni Ent.

With that in mind, posting guards is lame, OP. But go right ahead, if you think that annoying us will keep us away from peaceful parties in the only good clubs on Rubi-Ka.

We'll just keep warping the peaceful clanners in like we always do.

Once you decide that you want to start posting guards INSIDE the clubs to keep us out, you'll realize that your clubs have just become battlegrounds. Even omnis won't want to hang out there anymore. After which they'll all come reets to party.

Then, after you wisen up and get rid of the guards again so people will want to visit the clubs, we'll all come back and have a great time at your clubs, peacefully and honorably.

Then, once the two or three uptight omnis complain to you again, you'll post the guards again.

Starting to see a pattern develope here? Just let us party. Lose the guards.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

or ban the clanners from entering all Omni-tek areas and the other way around, but then again, that would be problem

Anyway, i dont go to any clubs since i find it wast of time (and i dont know where they are )
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

funny

Tarryk you rp alot tell me how much sense do you think it makes to have clanners guarding Baboons like they have been in the heart of Omni ? How much sense does it make to have Clanners patying in bars in Omni? I would be upset if they didn't do something about it like you said you have reets use it.

If you are rping a war which is what Omni/Clanners are in right now then you would not let 50 clanners run all over entertainment dancing at a club and not expect them to do there job and enforce the law and try to bust up the party.

Oh wait I get it you probly want to rp everything else but that one part do not rp it at all because thats something you enjoy and want rp to be left outside the clubs and bars..

Always here ppl say fc should have more events get more involved and when they do its no get involved somewhere else do not rp here
    Last edited by Inspector99; Jun 16th, 2002 at 18:49:39.

Arg.

It IS roleplayed.

The Clan [edit: partiers] are peaceful. The Omni partiers (well, MOST of them) are peaceful. Omni is totally fine with -PEACEFUL- clanners coming in to party with them for peace. The Clanners (assuming they are peaceful) have no problem with dancing with Omni. They fight for peace. They feel that to demonstrate this they will do whatever it takes.

Plus, your post hardly makes sense. What do you mean by that last sentence?
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I mean just this if you rp there is the law whether or not omnis want to dance with clans or likewise there is a war going on soorry but war does not stop for disco time use reets its a neut bar

As for the last sentance I met I hear ppl here all the time saying fc needs to be more involved and have more events and when they do all I see is people whining about them saying we want more events but do them the way we see fit.Sorry but you do not speak for the whole player base and neither do I but alot of us wish OP would have a more active role in keeping clanners out of omni period

Er..that wasn't my point...

Oh well. I can't type well with a quesdailla in one hand. No more ranting for me- food first
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Hm....

Anyway, i dont go to any clubs since i find it wast of time (and i dont know where they are)
    o.O;

You...find clubs a waste of time?....

This is too much...*scratches throat in thought, eyes wild with Mr. Hyde brainwaves taking over*...someone who doesn't go to clubs because...

...they're a waste of TIME?!?!?

*eyes turn green and bloodshot and grow four times in size* AAAIIIIIGGGGGHHHhH!!!

*head explodes*
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

the guard is gone now

Some common sense?

People, there are a million reasons why that guard could have been there in that picture. Here's a few:

1) He was in pursuit of a criminal who fled into Rompa Bar. Having just given up the chase, he is on his way back to his post.

2) The picture could be a fake. Fairly easily done, I'm afraid.

3) The guard could be returning to active duty after having a (non-alcoholic) drink.

I don't think I need to go on. If you immediately jump to the worst conclusions about anything Omni-Tek ever does, then of course we're going to seem like the bad guys. One of these days that finger-pointing and blame assigning is going to get you into trouble.

The guard is real, and is sometimes there- not always though. The bars can be fun, the only one I do not like is Baboons. Baboons is a really interesting design, but the main dance floor really lags out my pc for some reason. If I didn't have a lag issue there, I would probably hang out alot more often.
    "I have a robot?"

Level 75 Omni Engineer-Atlantean

Although Trainreck seems to be talking jibberish at times, something about "fc" and "events" and "rp". whatever that is is; I do agree with him regarding the appropriateness of Omni security in front of their own enstablishments.

Omni Entertainment is an Omni city, and although it might be fun for Clanners to go there, it's dangerous and probably illegal for them to do so.

The problem isn't so much the guards, rather its the fact that the #1 source of live entertainment on RubiKa has decided to align themselves with the Clan Faction. Beyond that they hold and encourage listeners to violate Omni law by holding events within enemy territory.

I'm afraid that until conditions warm between OmniTek and the Clans, the only safe place for events is Neutral territory. If someone holds, or attends events in the territory of a faction, then it is reasonable to expect that confrontation will occur.

-Cristobal "Blix01" McCovery
    Last edited by Blix; Jun 17th, 2002 at 19:56:10.

Re: Some common sense?

Originally posted by Mechanita
    People, there are a million reasons why that guard could have been there in that picture. Here's a few:

1) He was in pursuit of a criminal who fled into Rompa Bar. Having just given up the chase, he is on his way back to his post.

2) The picture could be a fake. Fairly easily done, I'm afraid.

3) The guard could be returning to active duty after having a (non-alcoholic) drink.

I don't think I need to go on. If you immediately jump to the worst conclusions about anything Omni-Tek ever does, then of course we're going to seem like the bad guys. One of these days that finger-pointing and blame assigning is going to get you into trouble.
    Um... those are reall good reasons, however Omni Pol accepted responsibility for placing the guard in front of Rompas in the first place, so your reasons get shot straight to the abyss. Sorry.

~Wyldthing
    ~Executive Aministrator@GridStream Productions

Originally posted by Tarryk
    Hm....

o.O;

You...find clubs a waste of time?....

This is too much...*scratches throat in thought, eyes wild with Mr. Hyde brainwaves taking over*...someone who doesn't go to clubs because...

...they're a waste of TIME?!?!?

*eyes turn green and bloodshot and grow four times in size* AAAIIIIIGGGGGHHHhH!!!

*head explodes*
    Umm...I think we're going to need a reclaim terminal over here.
    ~~~~~

OK, for the sake of clarity let me state that this is OOC (out of character)

trainwreck you're missing the point. YES there is a law stating that clanners are not welcomed in Omni territory. YES according to storyline it makes perfect sense for Omni-Pol to go postal when they find a bunch of clanners partying it up at an Omni-Tek nightclub.

Here's the point you're missing. People are ROLEPLAYING being outraged at Omni-Pol's actions. They are roleplaying demanding that Omni-Pol leave peaceful activities alone and arrest only those who are being violent.

Don't get confused between roleplaying outrage and a player's outrage.

OK now the following is IC (in character)

Nightclubs are a waste of time????

What are you, nuts?!!!

I too almost thought....

"Night Clubs are a waste of Time."

But now, all I can say is: "What, are you nuts!!!"

/em grins