Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodga/Alvin Quest II Guide - Tag you're it!

Dodga/Alvin Quest II Guide - Tag you're it!

Alright, I noticed a lot of people are having some trouble on this part of the quest. This is where you need to go around and place bugs on all the unique robots. Here is how you do it:

First, give Dodga/Alvin the Card I he gave you for completing the first quest. You will automatically get a mission for the second part. Your first target will be the Trash King himself. What you do is when you see him, target him right away and wait. This is like the find person missions. After a second or two, you will get a mission accomplished followed by a new mission. The new mission is the part where you actually bug the robot. To bug them, select the Transmission Bug and use it on the Trash King like you would a lockpick on a door. It will take a few seconds to place the bug. Once you do place it, you will get a mission accomplished followed by a new mission. Now you just need to repeat these steps on the unique robots IN ORDER!

The order is:

Trash King - Athen Shire 1600, 940

Trash King Lackey - Athen Shire 1600, 940

Electrounique - Wailing Wastes 650, 2000

Nuts & Bolts - Wartorn Valley 700, 650

Greasy Joints - Newland Desert 900, 900 North of the crashed ship and west of the big rock

Live Metal - Greater Tir 1540, 2170

Best in Brass - Galway Shire 300, 840 Along the road leading from
    Rome

Metalomania - Lush Fields, Harry's 2960, 3040

Galvano - Greater Omni Forest 2080, 2180

If you have any trouble finding these places, look for the mass of dots on your map just standing around as these are heavily camped, especially Greasy Joints .

(Locations originally provided by Tsannik from his website http://communities.msn.com/tsanniksanarchyonline and slightly modified for more precise spawn locations)

When you bug them all, your final new mission will have you return the TK III Decoder to Dodga/Alvin. You will get the update syringe, a token and the second card. Remember not to give them the second card until you got the Communication Processing Unit from Trash King and the chips from all of the 8 unique mobs listed above. It will make sure you don't have to rush it.

EDIT: Added general spawn locations of the special robots
    Last edited by MooKids; Jun 15th, 2002 at 16:58:23.

Smile

thanks for all your help didnt know there was an order

Do you got the locations too ?
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

So how do you get to tag them BEFORE someone kills them? This quest is made difficult by the wrong reason, camping. People give up due to the wrong reasons, camping.

Snublefot: As of recently they are all on 15 minute timers. So camping long enough to get to tag them shouldn't be a problem.

And hopefully the Trash King will go down in popularity as his items flood the player base.

But you do have Greasy Joints, that you will have to be faster then your own shadow to even select before he is dead... And the problem there is a 1 hour timer... And I've got a distinct feeling that its more likely that the other bots timers will be upped before GJ is down to 15 minutes.

I just hope they dont remove the quest again (All massive online games have that history, the lucky ones get it first, then all the "Uber" people get it, then its nerfed and then its gone...) :/

Personally I think they should change GJ's spawn timer to 15 minutes while increasing TK's timer to an hour or even two. Sure there won't be that much difference, but it would seem more reasonable that the big main bot takes longer to spawn than the little guys.

Talking Wooot !

Thanks a LOT for all the coords/location of the 9 mobs..
    someone tell me there are 10 mobs and another say 8 !
    so ...? 9 is the good number ?

thanks thanks and thanks !!!

Is there a time limit?

Is there a time limit on Dodga II?
    The first part has a 30 day time limit I beleive...

Update:

I did the first Dodga quest, got the shoulderpads and a card.

After reading this post I turned in the card to Dodga and got another mission:
    You need to go, dismantle the Trash King and his lackeys and find their communication processing units. When you have managed to reconstruct that device, bring it back to me.

I didnt get any items like the transmission bug.

It seems im supposed to go kill the trash king (impossible at level 102) and the others to make the CPU thingy.

Can someone clarify what's up?
    Last edited by Kwerk; Jun 17th, 2002 at 17:12:00.

The second quest starts out with a 30 day limit to find the TK, but from there it decreased to 6 days. (Could be a bug). The reason why people are also camping these same bots (and then killing them) is that in Dodga/Alvin Quest 3, you have to hunt these robots down and take an item dropped from them and put them together. This 3rd quest isn't recommend till post 100+ because at lvl 130 are these mobs yellow. So it'll be next to impossible to take them down under lvl 60.

Additionally, you might want to take extra caution in traveling from bot to bot. If your a clanner, you have to watch out for the bots near Omni due to guards and vice versa for an omni. BTW the hardest of these bots to track down is usually Electro Unique because if he isn't camped at his spawn point, he wanders all over wailing waste.

Unhappy re:Kwerk

me too.
    I got mission only, no item.
    is this ok?

btw

I taged Harry Van Dummy instead of Best in Brass and was able to complete my 2nd quest. im holding off on quest 3 for about another 50 level though
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Do I have to repeat Quest 1 ?

Hi,

Did Dogda 1 ages ago - got the Shoulder pads and tokens - but no Card II - wasn't given out at the time.

Is there anyway I can get the 2nd Quest without having to do the first all over again ??

thanx,
    ScottyB
    Lvl 107 NT - Rubi-Ka 1 - Clan

Originally posted by Snublefot
    So how do you get to tag them BEFORE someone kills them? This quest is made difficult by the wrong reason, camping. People give up due to the wrong reasons, camping.
    you just have to hope you can actually SEE him through the mob of people killing him, and you have more than 5 seconds before he dies. ( it took me 4 hours to spawn greasy. the rest were easy. everyone was willing to wait for me to tag him )
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Ive heard alot about the quest being broken. Or having a tendency to break forcing people to redo the entire thing.

I like the idea of tagging Harry/Henry?? makes it better odds

Also, Cosmik I believe stated that GJ's spawn time is now 15 minutes.

Originally posted by Emiko
    Ive heard alot about the quest being broken. Or having a tendency to break forcing people to redo the entire thing.

I like the idea of tagging Harry/Henry?? makes it better odds

Also, Cosmik I believe stated that GJ's spawn time is now 15 minutes.
    where?!?!!
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

any advice for how to get to Live Metal?

Hi all,

I'm stuck on the Live Metal step. I've been griding into Tir and trying to get out of one of the exits with no luck. I'm a level 45 doc, so the guards make pretty quick work of me on either side of the zone.

Run buffs don't seem to be enough either :-(

Help,

HealRus.

Well, you might want to try and get a Yalm to help you fly there. But that could be a bit expensive. Another possibility is to run from Newland.

Find a high level adventurer to parrot you.. That should work, just dont go into a shop or the grid, or parrot will drop.

Also, people hae started to come up with neat ways to keep people from killing GJ immediately after he spawns. A couple of days ago, an adventurer turned all the people who were tagging GJ minto a dragon and had them cover up the spawn area so people couldnt see if GJ was spawned, and the taggers could tag.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast