Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Professionals

Arrogance...

one thing, I've experienced from... many of these so called "professionals", is a form of arrogance. Not talking about everone, and not singeling out someone.

But when a person, cant even communicate with another person from this so called "list". But instead gets /ignored, as an example. yes, the person was from the same creed. Asking about gear, help, etc. Did this person receive anything, some feedback? not at all.

I'm speaking on the behalf of a friend of mine, and for alot of other people. As kinkstaah tells me. I'm just being blunt, well thats what I'm being now. I might be known for being rude to other people, but some of these people are outright arrogant, Best wishes to those I like and know will do good here, but still...

Maybe thats why they picked two for each profession as a secret agenda, to see who gets to be the communitys favorite, but then again, FC always had their favorites...

Oh, Jesus.

I don't know about the rest of you lot, but I am glad that FunCom chose people to represent us at all, and to talk to them reguarly. Whether I like all of them or not, I won't get into, but it does show a marked improvement in relations, and in getting the details about problems from us to them and vice versa.

Of course there is favoritism involved. FC chose those they were most familiar with. So would I.

Take up your personal disputes with your representatives if you please, but for the love of god, don't debunk the entire program on wild and stupid accussations. YOU can go back to sitting there complaining that no one listens to you. I'll take what I can get.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by Vivalamosa
    well let it be known that our guild did not copy of you guys you copyed offa' us.
    You guys must think you're the center of the universe. 'Professionals' is hardly an uncommon word. I'm sure you copied it off of the movie 'The Professional', you hacks!

I bet the name was chosen because 'Professionals' is a play on the focus of the group, the professions. The Professionals the guild 'conduct themselves in a professional manner'. Wow, tough stuff. The Professionals the forum group is a bunch of experienced people who work with FUncom and the general populace to fix the professions and make our voices heard.

I hope you see the difference here. If not, you must be one of those monkies who would confuse 'Lindows' with 'Windows'.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Nicely said Raz.

Azzie, I know Psy quite well and yes she's an experienced stable player but not a regular poster, that also counted in the 'election'. It does not matter who were chosen, some people always think it is a bad choice. If captfallout would've been chosen as soldier in the past I wouldn't even mind because he is actively trying to get some better things, in a very whiney matter then

Since we are regular posters and know about our classes we can nicely read our normal thing we do nearly daily: read our proffesion board. We know stuff ourselves too, and right now we can compile this into 1 thread aimed towards Funcom with a 100% read chance and a 0% chance of whining and flaming in it. It's easier for funcom to read it, less time to read means more time to do no? It's also great for us; we get to say our thing and get more done.

All good things have a bad side, but I think the good side shines all over the little bad things. Let's just try to make something good of it okay? Also please please do note this is board orientated, we do not encourage ingame tells (imagine the amounts?) thats Cosmik's, ARK and GM's job. Of course we would be happy to tell you something but all of us will ask you to POST your idea, its not like we can copy paste your story.

As another note, every proffesion has an IRC channel (#doctor, #enforcer etc), feel free to have an even more interactive discussion there! hang out, get to know some fellow class people, share ideas and suggestions, make posts after it, we can ALL be some part of a Proffesional.

*huggle*

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I don't think I know as much as many people on the boards. Both MP boards and other profession boards. I still learn something new from other people almost every day. But I don't think that personal knowledge is the only key. Personal detailed knowledge of the game is good, but if I don't know something I'll just ask people on the boards. Being on the Professionals team isn't a chance for us to fight for our own ideas and opinions... it's a chance to represent all of the opinions in our profession to the best of our ability.

The Professsionals team should be able to collect the many different views from the boards and represent them all. It requires being able to see things from other peoples' perspective and to represent that fairly and honestly to the dev team... even when the general community views are in conflict with your own personal views.

Obviously, no human being can ever do this perfectly. We all have our own opinions and for me, I'll keep expressing my opinion on the MP forum. But in my communication with the Community and Dev teams I'll work hard to present the views of everyone to the best of my ability. When I'm asked a question by FunCom about something specific, I'll post to the MP board and ask people to say what they think. That way, I just become a channel through which everybody has a voice.

Several of the team members have already done this. We've been asked to put together an initial report on the overall status of our professions. The first thing I did was go back through the MP board archives for the last 100 days and write down all of the major issues and solutions that people have come up with. Yes... I re-read every thread. The second thing I did was make a post to the MP board inviting everybody to state their own personal view on what issues we have, what solutions we'd prefer and what their wishlist might be for future change.

Once everybody has had a chance to make their voice heard, I'll take all of these elements and encapsulate them into a single document for the Community, Dev and Design teams. This is how I'll continue to work as a part of the Professionals Team. I'd hope that most agree that it's a good way to go about it.

Regards

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

/me bows to Drabin and Fingers (Phinger).

Grats you guys

You guys have really helped me alot..

/prostrate

Wubbit - 60 NT - OT.

" Chi "Wubbit" Thompon, you are destined to be alone in this world, all you can do is accept it and move on, all that are saying to be your frinds are only a lie, all they do is to help themselfs and not you, so you will be alone. Always. "

*shakes head*

Typical of the player base - FC does something to try and open even more lines of communication, and there are cries of "FOUL!"

I'm glad they have done this, and I have no issue with anyone chosen, I know that the Doctor representatives are on the profession boards all the time, so they are active. I assume this is the same for the other professions.

Good luck to alll of you, I hope some good work can be done with this!
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Originally posted by Kopo
    'Grats to all concerned. Can't help but notice that there's no less than 3 members of The Council in there, a guild that while it may be powerful, is also composed of a large proportion of griefers, mob campers, known exploiters and rude and ill-mannered stuck-up individuals.

I think at least some thought should have gone into one particular nomination. The individual concerned is insulting in-game, possesed of a holier-than-thou attitude and is basically a brown-nosed sycophant of dubious moral and ethical character.

If Funcom want to nominate someone like that for a role as an official spokespersom for 7%+ of their playerbase then, well, more power to them. Wonder what I'll get if I start hanging around IRC 24/7 and being a nicey nicey "I'm a good guy" character where there's witnesses but turns into an ******* in private.

*Vote Koppo for GM, I'm a nice guy - honest*

The other posters where right, this should have been put to the vote on each profession forum. That way the players could have nominated others on their merits as players and people and helpfulness. Instead it's a "good doggy" paper crown given to certain people because they are m8's with the right people. Not saying that's the case for everyone on this list, the ones I'm talking about know who they are.

/me sighs at the futility of it all.

I don't know if you've ever been in TC but I am going to doubt it. I've seen other posts about how TC is a bunch of grievers, Campers, exploiters, etc. Your post is rubbish. You have no idea what its like to say "hi" in guild chat and see 10 responses to you. You have no idea that Destria, Noer, and Zerosignal all help out anyone that they can in our guild either right? I have faith that these individuals will do the same for thier professions as well as the other persons selected. The reason that I wanted to join The Council was to be in good company and to make my play time much more enjoyable. Mission accomplished.

/me hands Kopo a paper crown

I just call them as I see them Arterous. I've been griefed by TC on one notorious occasion where I actually called for action against Claire because of the circumstances in which me and my two guild teams where griefed at Smuggler's by your guild. You are known campers and you continue to this day to camp Mantis and Tarasque, at least Storm raffle the loot occasionally even if they're as bad as you lot for it.

As for your pres, the few times I've conversed with the chap I got either treated like a mentally deficient or got abuse (have chat logs to prove it) so don't come here posting that you've all got halos over your heads and flowers coming out of your arses because we all know different. I still say 3 out 24 belonging to one Guild smacks of favouritism and bias, no matter how "helpful" those people may be. Funcom gave these people the position, not the players so go figure.

Btw, I usually get about 20 responses to a "hi!" in guild chat so I'm struggling to comprehend wtf you where trying to say there. As for
    You have no idea that Destria, Noer, and Zerosignal all help out anyone that they can in our guild either right?
    - point made. YOUR guild and this isn't about YOUR guild, it's about everyone playing the game.

The reason you joined TC was the same reason as anyone joins the "uber" guilds, you want the best and they can get it for you. Everyone's a unique item wh0re these days, don't be ashamed of it m8. Another riposte polished off- mission accomplished.

/me hands the TC dude a "D" cap.

ps. Shame my legitimate and factual comments had to turn into a flame war on the community forum : / Sorry Cosmik
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Originally posted by Isard
    *shakes head*

Typical of the player base - FC does something to try and open even more lines of communication, and there are cries of "FOUL!"
    Well of course, they've fvcked it up so many times before!

I'm being cautiosly optimistic, though. It is great that they're doing this, but I don't see how they couldn't get the same info just by glancing at the profession boards.

Eh, whatever. We'll see.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Originally posted by Kopo
    YOUR guild and this isn't about YOUR guild, it's about everyone playing the game.

hmm. This wasn't about MY guild til you brought it up my friend. This thread was about professionals... And at some point it became a TC bashing post. I am merely sticking up for something that I feel strongly about. I think your funny. You have these profound statements in your head, calling me a unique item whore, saying that I joined this guild for the ph/-\t l00tz. Anywho, mudsling all you want, The Council is respected as an Omni Guild. Just as Storm is respected as a Clan guild.

If you are on the other side of the fence, they both look like griefing, loot whores, kill stealers. So be it. Your just forgetting that this is a game. Darwin had a pretty good theory.. And somewhere i heard if you cant beat 'em, join em right?
    Last edited by Arterous; Jun 16th, 2002 at 21:27:43.

Give up Arterous. I've tried to talk reasonably to the guy, but he's set in his ways. Just do what the rest of us do and ignore him.

For the record though, TC has always freely auctioned loot from Tarasque to all those present, and given that Kopo has never been at such an incident (of only due to his alignment) he wouldn't be able to say either way.

Just ask Ryuzaki about her hood.
    Dest

I got about halfway through this thread, and in disgust lemme give MY response. For those who are here rantin about why 2 omni!? wheres the clan? This is Player to Player SUPPORT! there is no RP here, these people are there to help (hopefully) get our complaints to the top faster, and easier. As for the vote thing, i agree it woulda been nice, but also, Ive been around a long time, since damn near the day it went live to be exact, and let me tell you, I know personally, or at the very least witnessed first hand, the skills and knowledge of all those listed...Hell, Letah is still my most favorite doc around. Zerosignal, Arinia, Letah, Destria, Amanite, Noer....Ignore the flamers, do your selected (and volunteered for) Jobs, Boci the fatass has yer back. Same for the rest of the 24, Clan Neut Omni, it dont fackin matter. To those who wish to flame, flame away, show yer colors to the rest of us, the more idiots that are made public, the smarter i look.

Gratz again to all selected, see ya in game!

Originally posted by Boci
    I got about halfway through this thread, and in disgust lemme give MY response. For those who are here rantin about why 2 omni!? wheres the clan? This is Player to Player SUPPORT! there is no RP here, these people are there to help (hopefully) get our complaints to the top faster, and easier. As for the vote thing, i agree it woulda been nice, but also, Ive been around a long time, since damn near the day it went live to be exact, and let me tell you, I know personally, or at the very least witnessed first hand, the skills and knowledge of all those listed...Hell, Letah is still my most favorite doc around. Zerosignal, Arinia, Letah, Destria, Amanite, Noer....Ignore the flamers, do your selected (and volunteered for) Jobs, Boci the fatass has yer back. Same for the rest of the 24, Clan Neut Omni, it dont fackin matter. To those who wish to flame, flame away, show yer colors to the rest of us, the more idiots that are made public, the smarter i look.

Gratz again to all selected, see ya in game!
    Here here, well spoken, Bruce!
    Hi.

Smile My thoughts...

This is a very good idea, Funcom. People who make game choices need feedback from players to do a better job. For all those who are praising and critisizing this decision .. lets just wait and see how it turns out. There is no reason not to give them a chance.

All and all I think this is very good, but I do have some very small points of critisism:
    - Are these representatives obligated to solicit or consider the opinions of other players in RubiKa of their profession?
    - I guess game improvements begin and end with profession ballancing? So many player representatives, and not one representative from the roleplayers community? (bad funcom)
    - At least one person on this list is known to have been granted and abused GM powers. I don't know whether to blame Funcom or that individual for poor discression but it makes me cautious about the process used to select the representatives.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Good idea, all hail to the Pro's but do keep that sharp edge, lads&lasses!

smooooch

/me hands each of the 24 a breath mint
    figure out why
    if you are truely representitive players with brains and insight you will know why you need them

Re: smooooch

Originally posted by ispiusmus
    /me hands each of the 24 a breath mint
    figure out why
    if you are truely representitive players with brains and insight you will know why you need them
    Eeeeew...
    Hi.

Engineer
    Munchausen
    krneki (Prologic)

noone of them bother to pvp ... and u r talking about fixing class =/
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

I would have prefered it if they had chosen a rep from RK1 and one from RK2, just so those fixers on RK2 can contact someone in game.

but, we'll see how it goes.
    Args thread on the fixer board is already filling up nicely

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast