Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Professionals

Thumbs up Congratulations

Grats to all...I am especially pleased with the selections for the Bureaucrat profession (no bias here).
    Mitchell "Beria" Sosnowski
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    Well there goes the neibgherhood . It amazes me sometimes the stupidity on Funcoms part in selecting people . 2 omnis ? why not a neutral or a clanner ? playing favortisim i see . well thats it , its the straw that broke the camels back . As of now i am canceling my account .

So long and Thankz for all the fish

Is there an award for this kind of thing?

Well there goes the neibgherhood . It amazes me sometimes the stupidity on Funcoms part in selecting people . 2 omnis ? why not a neutral or a clanner ? playing favortisim i see . well thats it , its the straw that broke the camels back . As of now i am canceling my account .
    If it does matter what side these people are on, doesn't it make more sense to stick around and actually put forth your argument? Perhaps it isn't entirely obvious to us why their faction would influence their actions in a capacity that concerns only a profession. Do Clan and Omni agents experience different problems?

This Professionals thing has come about after, and probably because of, much urging from the community, and it is silly for you to assume evil motives - especially of Cosmik and moreso because you haven't established why side makes any difference here.

Enforcer
    Arinia
    MiKEBoND (Kinkstaah)
    Strange that a company want a person that both used the xp mission running exploit and the token exploit to help them(I don't mean you Arinia)

Genevra have been given the full log of the exploits and still they "reward" one of the exploiter, well done! Give me so much more faith in the exploit team.

I only really care about MA, MP and trader and for MA and trader I think you made a great choice of people.

For MP I think Psiraven that actually know alot about the game would be alot better than Xtremtech.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Noer : if they wont listen to their own ARks , Guardians , Bughunters ... then what makes you think they will listen to you and this group ? It is total fluff made to calm the masses and give the aperiance of a community .

what is upsetting is the choices . The fact that No one VOTED on who should represent them . Do i want someone who has nerfed my class at the high end representing me ? Hell no .

I have alot of reasons for quiting Noer , most i can not write here in a public forum for risk of getting a permanant Ban on my account . From the little bugs that are still ingame to the travesty that you call the professionals ... it all adds up . One person can only take so much .

See you all in the next Game .

I wish these folks the very best of luck, and good input from the rest of us.

As for not voting, I'm not sure a popularity contest is a way to select the best communicators. In fact, I'm positive it isn't.

So long and Thankz for all the fish
    So... can I have your stuff?

Couldn't resist.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

erinsuin and necessity made very good points
    its kind of a baffling move on funcoms part, both in some of the choices for these roles and that nothing will likely come from it, unfortunately. sorry that it is hard to be optimistic about a venture like this given the track record of funcoms listening to player concerns thus far.

it wouldn't have been all that hard to have voting on the profession boards. it seems like a good idea poorly implemeted to me, like uh...everything else...hmm thats not true. not everything but a lot...

Well I can tell you all the person Erinsuin has a problem with on this whole thing is me.

Regardless of anything I have done to try and help people or the game or the agent profession I still have a gang of people who have a serious beef with me for whatever reason.

Erinsuin is one of those people. There are others like Turbulence, Canidy, Fakewin and about 3 or 4 others I cant think of right this second. The problem is no matter what I do or.....for that matter waht anyone does it will never please everyone. Erinsuin is of the firm belief that I did something at some point that somehow nerfed high level agents. I believe the argument was the time way back when they shortened the duration lock on Assume and Mimick professions which was something I did not ask them to do but was arather a discussion that Cz had started on my boards and got feedback from several agents.

When I was asked to be a part of this Professionals program I thought about it for a bit. I decided to do it because I thought it was a good chance to try and make some improvement for the agent profession and AO's other professions as well.

Erinsuin....you start a post over on my boards or on the official agent boards here. Get people to back you up to take my position on the panel and I will quit it and ask Funcom to replace my spot with you. Im tired of arguing with people like you that are more concerned with their own pety grievances instead of the betterment of the game and the professions. I think I may be able to do some good even more now and really help things but with people like you over my shoulder who will benefit in the hopeful changes but then whine regardless I dont know if its really worth it.

I will make one more point too....people like you an Turbulence who love to knock on me....you know where I am at. If you have issues with the profession or with something that happen all you have to do is email me and I will bring it before other agents, ask questions of people I know in game and when needed forward it to Funcom.

How many emails have I ever received from you? 0.

Anyway....maybe your right and I am a bad choice. Name the better choice and if others agree I will step down no problem.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

Oh...my...god.

They take steps to help us, they explain that the people selected were based on interaction and NOT on their factions, and people STILL find something to complain about. What, you think that they're not going to be your class's voice because they're omni and you're clan? Hi, take the time to read what their intentions are before you leap to incredibly stupid conclusions.

This is a great idea being initiated, hands-down. I don't care what misconceptions anyone has about those selected. They are being implemented because they care about their professions, and they will be our voice. That's what counts.

Now I see someone cancelling their account?? Because FC is taking steps to help you out?? LOL.

Byebye then. 5 more will take your place, and you won't be missed.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

'Grats to all concerned. Can't help but notice that there's no less than 3 members of The Council in there, a guild that while it may be powerful, is also composed of a large proportion of griefers, mob campers, known exploiters and rude and ill-mannered stuck-up individuals.

I think at least some thought should have gone into one particular nomination. The individual concerned is insulting in-game, possesed of a holier-than-thou attitude and is basically a brown-nosed sycophant of dubious moral and ethical character.

If Funcom want to nominate someone like that for a role as an official spokespersom for 7%+ of their playerbase then, well, more power to them. Wonder what I'll get if I start hanging around IRC 24/7 and being a nicey nicey "I'm a good guy" character where there's witnesses but turns into an ******* in private.

*Vote Koppo for GM, I'm a nice guy - honest*

The other posters where right, this should have been put to the vote on each profession forum. That way the players could have nominated others on their merits as players and people and helpfulness. Instead it's a "good doggy" paper crown given to certain people because they are m8's with the right people. Not saying that's the case for everyone on this list, the ones I'm talking about know who they are.

/me sighs at the futility of it all.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Originally posted by DaveDread
    /echo... echo...

Yeah, we'll all do our very best to help everybody out and throw profession specifics at Cos, Dai and Cz.

Yay I'm glad Davedread was chosen for us MAs. Hes one to be admired and respected and definately looked up to. Were well represented.

Seeandra 141 MA

Tekkor,

I don't have a problem with you. I just wanted to know why they selected who they did. Now I think it was dest who pointed out why.

I just thought someone FC side could explain it to the people who read this.

If it is just forum fluff, what's the point? I already know that Tekkor talks to the FC ppl for a lot of the agents out there.

I am sure that a lot of people would back you up...as I posted on agentsector, what about the people THAT don't believe you have their interests at heart?

Do you see me *****ing either in Agent forums or at agentsector about the problems that agents have? My last post was in November on concealment, and it seems 6 mths later they actually listened.

I just want to know how? how you were picked? I know about 5-6 of the people who were picked and I know they are good ppl, who could do well representing their professions...I just wanna know why/how.

Call me bored to make a stink over this, but it wasn't clear to me.

Angry We are The Professionals

Uhh yea we are The Professionals at www.pro-ao.com
    Vivalamosa
    Breed : Solitus
    Faction : Clan
    Profession : Soldier
    PvP Title: Freshman
    Clan: The Professionals
    Clan Title: Director
    Dimension: Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)

Talking

From somewhere deep down in the gloom of my heart, I actually find some support for this idea - think it has potential.
    And whatever faction the Prof Advisors are on doesnt really bother me - its professions were dealing with, not politics.
    But what disturbs me a bit is the fact that some Professions are represented by people from just one Dimension.
    Only checked the Agent Advisors, since I know both of them from "the old days" and they are both Dim 1.
    Not that it destroys my life - I'm used to being overlooked on Dim 2 - Dim 2 being the place of no story line (So we make our own one - its great!) and always the Dim with most unstable playfields and forgotten things in the patches!

But even so - somehow I do think that at least the 2 biggest Dims (and preferable all Dims!) should be represented.
    I personally have no intention of returning to Dim 1 - just to air my opion. But maybe we can mail the poor sobs or maybe just keep posting in the boards and hope the find them in the chaos?

Salutations

Inquina

Former RK1 inhabitant (lvl122 Trader - Terminated, with no option for resurrection)
    Now a happy camper in RK2:
    Agent lvl67
    Fixer lvl "pee-wee"
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    If God intended me to wear implants, He wouldn't have made it so damn impossible to get them in!"

I have full confidence in Letah representing me, and though I don't personally know Destria, I think us Docs will be well represented.

I am also sure that they will make themselves available for feedback to funnel into FC. This is something that has been LONG in the making, and I am glad to see it in action.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I honestly think that "side" and dimension are not an issue in the professionals' selection. I mean issues that affect their profession affect the profession the same regardless of wether they are Clan/Omni/Neutral or on RK1,RK2,RK3. If we want to help the professions that we represent, and be improved would it not benefit everyone in that profession and not only a specific side, server?

So calm down and lets see how this program goes.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

right...

I'm happy to see some of these people on their posts, but ermm some... no..not good..

Angry Hmmmm

well let it be known that our guild did not copy of you guys you copyed offa' us.
    Vivalamosa
    Breed : Solitus
    Faction : Clan
    Profession : Soldier
    PvP Title: Freshman
    Clan: The Professionals
    Clan Title: Director
    Dimension: Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Strange that a company want a person that both used the xp mission running exploit and the token exploit to help them(I don't mean you Arinia)

Genevra have been given the full log of the exploits and still they "reward" one of the exploiter, well done! Give me so much more faith in the exploit team.

I only really care about MA, MP and trader and for MA and trader I think you made a great choice of people.

For MP I think Psiraven that actually know alot about the game would be alot better than Xtremtech.
    *cough corrupt* *cough Gen** *cough*

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast