Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Professionals

Gratz guys. =)

This was a very good move.

Angry Favoritism again.

The idea of individuals who were not voted on selected to represent my ideas and views is all sorts of sketchy.

I don't care much for the idea of a known exploiter representing the enforcers

I don't care much for the idea of a trader who can have funcom search through other's inventory and who tells people in irc with legitimate problems that "they suck".

I don't enjoy the fact that some classes have two people on the same side of the "conflict" representing them.

I suppose that the only saving grace in all this is that like 90% of the fluff given to us in the forums.. it'll turn out to be bs.

This needs the boot or serious refinement.. bad call community team.

WAHOO! I'm backing this one up 100%, good call team. This is precisely what needs to be implemented to allow all voices to be heard.

In response to Light, I'm sorry that you feel the need to boast a hate conspiracy out of everything that you didn't have direct influence over. This is something that has obviously been designed to be a massive help to the players and their voices. Backing it up is the only logical thing for a complainer like yourself to do. Alas, that's obviously not the case with you. So go ahead and go back to posting as much negativity as possible. You actually have people who will listen to it now, no matter how inane it is.

The rest of us will make the best out this fantastic situation.

Kudos, congratz, and h00t h00t!!!!!!!!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Hrm.

Congratulations, I suppose. You couldn't pay me to do a job like that. But anyway. . .

this is nice and all, but I'd rather see some of these folk's ideas actually get implemented in-game than see these people get fancy titles. Not that they don't deserve the fancy titles, I'm sure they do, but the important thing is getting working, balanced ideas in place in game.

I am looking forward to this. If all works out well then we can get some action going around here instead of just talking amongst ourselves. I intend to be very active in this endevor as these issues that are brought up on a daily basis in the Adventurer forum are important to me. As are I am sure the issues brought up in the other profession forums by their representatives.

The purpose behind this is to get some man/womanpower on this rather than have those two overworked overstressed people we know and love so much.. Cozmik and CZ who are just not enough people to do the job hard as they try.

The title is to let people know who we are and that we are there to take these concerns to the people in charge.

Thumbs down

Nice try, guys, pretty useless, though.

This thing isn´t worth anything, won´t change anything and
    won´t make FC care a bag of beans for the customers desires.
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?

Hello everyone!

I look foward to this new program and lets see how it goes.

I do believe the BureauCons will take on a new meaning now in helping gather information about the bureaucrat profession.

Grats to the rest of the people selected for the professionals.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Look forward to doing the best for each and every soldier out there

If Arinia or Kinkstaah quit AO can i get there job? =P
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Re: Favoritism again.

Originally posted by Light
    The idea of individuals who were not voted on selected to represent my ideas and views is all sorts of sketchy.

I don't care much for the idea of a trader who can have funcom search through other's inventory and who tells people in irc with legitimate problems that "they suck".

I don't enjoy the fact that some classes have two people on the same side of the "conflict" representing them.

I suppose that the only saving grace in all this is that like 90% of the fluff given to us in the forums.. it'll turn out to be bs.

Yeah I was wondering why there were no votes. I was wondering why only 2 people. We have 3 servers, 2 factions+neutrals. IMO should be 2 ppl from each server, 1 person clan, 1 person omni. Sorry neutrals ur the minority

What does this professionals thing hope to accomplish? As an agent I am behind Tekkor, but MOST suggestions we have asked/given you guys just ignore.

(also why i suggest 1 person from each faction on each server, is say you want to give a tell ingame to the person. Well as an omni agent on RK1, I dont want to tell a clan agent who could be a real arse and not listen to me. Also it would be impossible to give a tell to RK2 guys etc)

This isn't about side. It never was. We're all responsible enough not to drag Clan vs Omni into this. This is about representing the interests of the professions to the Funcom team. Those are not related to what flag you're waving.

Well as an omni agent on RK1, I dont want to tell a clan agent who could be a real arse and not listen to me.
    I can confidently say that none of the people on this team will be ignoring people just because "u r clan". That's not what this is about! Clan, Omni, Neutral... you're still an Agent, and thus any issues affecting Agents affect you too!

Also it would be impossible to give a tell to RK2 guys
    Hmm... a workaround would be to make a noob on RK2, and log in using the Java chat client. You can do that while playing on RK1

We're not demanding 100% support from the word 'Go' (but it would be nice ), but we hope to prove ourselves and earn it!
    Dest

Full agreement with Destria.

Just thought I'd add that the main focus of our communication will be on the boards here. Most of us will respond happily enough to /tells in game as long as we're not busy with playing and we'll also try to make ourselves available on the irc channels. We'll try to get in-game feedback too in various ways..... but the Board Community is what it's really about.

If you post an idea or an issue to your profession board you can be sure that your profession reps will pick it up and act on it in some way.

Regards

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I still want to know HOW you were picked.
    I still want to know WHY we didn't vote on this.

Reasons why voting would have been nice:

Certain people might need say 20 people to sponser them (same profession)

Then have votes, means those WANTING to do this, go out and meet people. There is sure to be more than 1 person wanting to do this. As an agent that means I could meet and get to know a lot of agents that I might not have had the chance to.

Nice, i still remeber sugestioning somethign like this for fixers, to have a couple hand picked people that play the fixer help the devs with what to do and give feedback on proposed changes while they were still in the development cycle.

Glad to see it bloossomed into something for all classes, and as far as the Fixer goes Argulace and Nettie are the perfect Choice!

Grats Nettie and Arg

This has nothing to do with ingame

- we dont get titles in game
    - we are not to be asked ingame (thoguh of course you can), this is purely meant board-orientated.
    - We were chosen because we were board active and in special, active in our role to enhance our proffesion

Side, RK server, nothing to do with it, its forums and forums only.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

(damn, my whole post fell out since it _thought_ I wasn't logged in. AGH. So here goes..)

My best wishes goes out to the "fortunate" 24 peeps that were chosen for this heavy burden. I hope you succeed in bringing happiness to your profession!

I might sound pessimistic, but here goes..

Funcom should have implemented an idea like this at least half a year ago. It might be a bit late now, considering the set goals that Funcom has for the game. And what happens when an idea is passed on to Funcom thru the professionals, and funcom does not implement? People will expect to be heard and considered more. Hard to turn around like that in a week after a year of playing it "solo" Funcom..

But I do want to believe that the Pros can make a change for the better.

I only "demand" one thing from Funcom.. COMMUNICATION. Be sure to inform us of changes, intents and so on. Be they good or bad for a profession. I fully understand that you will not be able to implement all suggestions for profession(s), and I do not expect to see lots of player based changes soon either.
    But please.. please.. at least be OPEN and HONEST and tell us how things are progressing! Bad information is worse than NO information

And.. on the side..

*waves pompoms in the air, shouting for joy since her two guildfriends Letah and Zyxlquith were chosen.. go Freaks of Nature!*

Respectfully,

DrCam (and her alts Sansa, Ladylucie, Lucivere and Caezri)

hmm

First of all, grats to those chosen=D

2nd, although side should be ignored in this.. light does have some valid points.

I also don't see how 2 people selected form each group, and telling the community the same exact things we've been posting in our forums and everyone's been reading for months is going to make it any different.. but hey.. I'll try anything at this point.

It's not like they don't know about the problems.. it's not like people don't post about them=/ Perhaps I'm missing something.

Most importantly, good luck folks. Any change is welcome change.

This has nothing to do with that conflict. Professions is the only issue at hand.

-Filik.

Well there goes the neibgherhood . It amazes me sometimes the stupidity on Funcoms part in selecting people . 2 omnis ? why not a neutral or a clanner ? playing favortisim i see . well thats it , its the straw that broke the camels back . As of now i am canceling my account .

So long and Thankz for all the fish

I am sorry to see you go. But the reason for leaving is in my opinion rather stupid. The work we are doing have nothing to do with politics, diminsion, sex, side of conflict, level or any of that. Its purely the profession.
    ~Lone

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast