Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated release of my AO World Map v4.1

Updated release of my AO World Map v4.1

Just dropping a post to let people know i've updated my world map (Dovve's Map 4.1) with some handy new features thanks to lots of feedback I got from the AO community. It now includes:

- Whompa Routes from 14.2
    - Custom Player and Mission Markers
    - Major Cities
    - Grid Points (With affiliation)
    - Outposts (With affiliation)
    - Supression Percentages
    - Accurate zone boundries
    - Points of Interest
    - Dungeons

You can view and download the map here:
    http://peacefairchild.tripod.com/map/

Let me know what you think. I'll keep updating this as I get feedback from everyone

---------------------------
    UPTADTE!! This version is not compatible with AO Patch 14.4. I am in the process of updating the map now. I'm estimating I'll be done this weekend possibly July 7th. Keep an eye out.
    Last edited by Dovve; Jul 2nd, 2002 at 21:23:42.

Your map is a REALLY big help. Thank you for spending the time on it. Keep up the good work, though I don't see how you can improve it anymore, it works perfectly as is.

Edited out the male referece =) Sorry bout that, didnt know till I saw you scolding solarax on AO-basher for it too lol.
    Last edited by NanoSimpson; Jun 15th, 2002 at 07:41:48.
    Frederick "Nanosimpson" Swanzy

Used to be Tom Orbin, then I ran into a backyard and found a name changing machine, oopsy, silly me

re

A major thank-you for the best world map I've ever seen for AO.

Anyone that dosn't have this guy's map .. go get it yesterday!

Grat work! This map looks GREAT!!! Thank you very much for your hard work. We all appriciate it.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Thank you very much for some great work.

Thumbs up Thanx

Thanx for the great map, it has helped me ALOT!!!

I've been using your map for a while Dovve, and I love it

It doesn't have that cluttered, busy feeling that other maps have keke
    meiko meiko meiko!
    I sure am cute!

Three cheers for the maker of the best world map of Rubi-Ka!
    Hip-Hip-Horray!
    Hip-Hip-Horray!!
    Hip-Hip-Horray!!!

Good job, well done!
    MP Deity Mike "Platy" Theplatypus

Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one. For, if you stare long into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Absolutly beautifull. I got a good chunk of the guild i'm in using your map. Great work man.

-Sand

Originally posted by Sandtrap
    Absolutly beautifull. I got a good chunk of the guild i'm in using your map. Great work man.

-Sand

Shes a girl though.... not a man.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Arrow

Be interesting to see how long it takes people to do cool things with the new map in 14.4 - just a bit different from the current one

Now if we could just get someone to insert this map in to Lead's new Terminal skin.....

Anyone up to the challenge?

great map as always dovve

could we integrate this into leads skin?

It just so happens that the people at http://www.agentsector.com have put together just what you are looking for.

You can download an integrated Lead/Dovve's map here:
    http://www.agentsector.com/agentsect...minal_v1.4.zip

Thanks everyone for your kind comments Enjoy!

I have taken good look at the new maps in 14.4. There is a much better level of detail and accuracy in it so this is defiantely good news for everyone.

It definately could have a lot of things added to it as its just a plain map. It has no outposts, points of interst, whompa routes or locations, etc. and so on. Its completely stripped down. which does leave a lot of room for 3rd party people to have fun with it.

On the downside for me all of the work I have done on my old map would have to be done again for 14.4 as all of the scale has changed. So it's back to square one for me or anyone else that wants to take this task on.

In the long run though I think the change was a very needed and very welcome one.

I did try to figure out how the new bin file format they store the maps in works (in 14.4) and its way over my head i'm afraid. Hopefully someone more informed than myself will figure out the process for replacing the new maps. It doesn't seem as easy as the textures in the skin file...darn.

So Dovve's map may be AWOL for a while come 14.4. Just a heads up.

The map is awesome

It has made finding my way around 10 times easier.

Originally posted by Dovve
    I have taken good look at the new maps in 14.4. There is a much better level of detail and accuracy in it so this is defiantely good news for everyone.

It definately could have a lot of things added to it as its just a plain map. It has no outposts, points of interst, whompa routes or locations, etc. and so on. Its completely stripped down. which does leave a lot of room for 3rd party people to have fun with it.

On the downside for me all of the work I have done on my old map would have to be done again for 14.4 as all of the scale has changed. So it's back to square one for me or anyone else that wants to take this task on.

In the long run though I think the change was a very needed and very welcome one.

I did try to figure out how the new bin file format they store the maps in works (in 14.4) and its way over my head i'm afraid. Hopefully someone more informed than myself will figure out the process for replacing the new maps. It doesn't seem as easy as the textures in the skin file...darn.

So Dovve's map may be AWOL for a while come 14.4. Just a heads up.
    The new map is a single file that is in fact a concatenation of lots of smaller files, the text file contains the offsets. The individual files are just 128x128x24bit PNG files, one set for zoomed out, another for zoomed in.

So not as easy to work with as the original, but it shouldn't be too hard. We'll need a tool to extract the bits based on the text file, and another to put them back and write a new text file.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast