Thread: Low level PvP

Low level PvP

I'm a 67 soldier... a friend of mine, also a 67 soldier, ran into a 69 MA out in 2HO while Storm was rampaging around with a bunch of 150+ people. We headed out there to try and take out the MA, and we run into him... we both let out bursts and flingshots from our nova, healthbar untouched, and I cast MK shield, still hitting me for 50+ damage. His first hit was a FIVE HUNDRED damage brawl, right before I got up my shield. His health bar didn't move the entire fight, and we tried to run for the whompa because obviously something wasn't right. I died, my friend made it out. I don't know if people that are high level have any fun, but from what I've experienced as a casual player, player vs. player combat in this game is terrible. Maybe those other people were healing him or something (like they needed too, heh), but when two level 67s can't even touch a level 69, something is seriously wrong. AO may have Dark Age of Camelot beat in a few ways, but I can say this for sure: DAOC beats AO's PVP hands down at any level. People whine on the DAOC boards about how poorly it is balanced, but in comparison to AO the balance is superb. I know that AO is more PvE then PvP, but seriously, if the only time you ever get any action is at 150+ when you one-shot people with an alpha-strike, no thanks. Just my rather angry thoughts.

ql 125 life implants, 250 board, essence of behemot , superior omni med enhancement.
    and throw In a couple of heals and you are pretty unbeatable.
    It was easy with critbuffs tho :\

I'm sure you were damaging him, but also keep this in mind.

Health bars are bugged. I've fought people many times and didn't see their healthbars move, all of a sudden they start running, or their bar jumps to almost dead, or they die.

Its very annoying. Makes it hard to time certain specials in certain situations. It makes it really really hard to tell how well youre doing. And most of all, its just annoying as hell.

So while he was probably all buffed up, and you werent hurting him much, his HP bar should still move.(but often doesnt)
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

I was that MA ya ran into bud.

The two of you guys WERE damaging me, and NO i was not healed by anyone other than myself. Although most of your dmg was reflected away

Like was stated earlier HP bars are bugged quite often. I run into this alot myself and wonder " umm wtf am I not hurting them??"

However I DID have a 49% (or point) rrrf buff from a high soldier pal that was there in 2ho as well. Plus i have some reflect bracers, so I had almost the equivalent reflection of your MK for 1hr 10 mins.

Lev 69. q 110 imps. 2100 ac. 120 merit board and 2100 self buffed HP.

Sorry bud but I wasnt cheating at all.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

I've seen Hangown fight..no exploits :P
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

I can also comment on this - Hangtown is a cool guy.

He's fair and I have no reason to believe he cheats at all.

He and I had a little fight in MMD not long after yours (from what he said afterwards).

I'm also a lvl 67 soldier. I have:
    QL42 Nova Flow operating at 100% (with my own buffs)
    QL92 Armour + various AC implants (Omni Elite/Omni White/ICC Cloak) - 2.4K AC
    QL110/125 implants
    Self cast TMS MK III
    Attack rating 515 (again, self buffed)
    250 token board

I was busily trying to figure a way to get at his mate who was in his Yalm when he jumped me (I'm not complaining here at all btw) and after a moment of panic where I stopped my automatic twice (DOH! - hey I wasn't expecting the attack ok, though I know I should have been). I finally alpha strike him down to about 75% health (I think) which he heals (grrr, healing classes - the bane of my PvP life). I'm putting in some decent hits (only a couple of crits mind) and chipping away at him, my health constantly on the decline. Putting in a few normal shots, and flnging when I can.

I'm down to about 200 HP, he's down at 25%, and all his nano's gone (he'd put in about 4-5 heals I think), and lo and behold, my burst lights up again! YES YES YES!!!

So...I'm furiously hammering away at the burst key, but it's damn well outta sync!!! "Please wait for your previous attack to complete..." ARGH...

I died, but nearly took Hangtown with me. Had I had the presence of mind to cast my MK shield, the outcome may have been different, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Anyways, just to say to Racius, Hangtown is cool - he doesn't cheat or exploit, but get used to the fact that MAs are gonna own the PvP scene for a while to come, and also be aware that most people who PvP successfully are twinked up to teh eyeballs - compare your equipment to mine, and remember that I STILL lost to him

Hangtown - I'm gonna get ya next time!!!

Organa

Ps. all my implants, weaponry and armour was equipped legitimately, no exploiting and incidentally AFTER FC implemented the implant-swapping fix - if you don't believe it's possible, come talk to me and I'll tell ya how to do it.

Pps. 500 brawl damage is not hard - 1K crit brawl at 50%, quite achieveable at lvl 69

Racius, the key to PvPing as a soldier is.........

Get levels. Fast.

edit:Organa you missing a 1 somewhere in your Nova? Why would you be using a 42 Nova at 69?
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Hang, one note.

Reactive Reflection Field is a 30% shield. Don't say 49% or FC will take you seriously, and nerf my profession! :P
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Ahh, yeah Organa that was indeed a fun fight! And it was about... oh 30 mins after the aforementioned partah in 2HO happened.

Gotta tell ya Organa, thats the closest any fight I've even won, has been. Was a heckuva fun time too!

I think I had about 200 hp approx after ti was all said and done.

(not sure exactly cause i popped a medpack asap, hehe)

I look forward to our next fight (which you probably will win- any fight that ends as close as ours has a good bit of luck involved in the outcome)

Oh, and my apologies Ober, I'd hate to see anything else taken away from you poor soldier guys :/

Best wishes all
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Like Whoa!

Low lvl pvp is LAME.
    Blunt but true.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

LOL -

So..... according to your logic, being level 76 and gettin attacked by any geek without a RL life is FUN ??

Hahahahaa- you can have your high lev pvp crap.

Im stopping at 74 baby.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Hangtown
    LOL -

So..... according to your logic, being level 76 and gettin attacked by any geek without a RL life is FUN ??

Hahahahaa- you can have your high lev pvp crap.

Im stopping at 74 baby.

fun for the ganker, not gank-ee. But just like many other things, i consider it hazing. Getting broken in as a freshman.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

True, very true.

Still though, I think having to levle to 140+ to have a chance against anyone that has the ability to attack you, is quite silly.

Not to mention boring.

I like staying low because there is only a small window of players that can attack you, and it keeps things reasonably equal, as far as skills and abilities are concerned.

If one didnt have to spend a month or two at just missions in order to have much chance at open PvP again, thats one thing. But as it stands now, I'm a sub 75 player and am staying that way.

-edited for typographical gremlins
    Last edited by Hangtown; Jun 16th, 2002 at 14:23:51.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Like Whoa!

Oooh

LOL, Hangtown definitely fights fair. I see a lot of sub-75 MAs in MMD, but I haven't seen any Clan ones that cheat or use any shortcuts.

I'm about the same level as Hangtown, and the damage he was dealing when attacking you seems perfectly normal. Just remember, Martial Artists do not have any utility spells really, close combat damage is a specialty. The only way to win is to get close in battle, so expect an MA to be at peak performance whenever he/she is in close combat range.

Also remember, whenever an MA is at a distance, they are dealing 0 damage or mediocre bow damage.

Ooh the sweet days of lvl <75, I really miss them. Best time of AO I have had so far. I wasnt uber or anything, just alot of fun fair fights, got some kills, got lotsa reclaim. How ever, now im stuck with missions for 40 more lvls untill i can pvp again. They really should get a few more pvp lvls for us lvl 75-125.
    Madde

Free Hornyhedgehog! from censorship!