Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

Arrow

Originally posted by Intra

odd numbers are saved for big emergency patches that fix the previous patch
    The new patch numbering render the old system obsolete though... no reason for next patch to not be 14.3, just tradition I suppose...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Jun 14th, 2002 at 14:12:31.

I'd just like to point out that the nerf to ranged energy happend last patch. Already implemented, I don't see why it's in these patch notes.

And the madam freeze... why??? It was a neat weapon you could tweak to get an amazing 2k attack rating with.. and yet it was still crap. Now it can be a crap weapon with a crap attack rating Yippy!

edit* Oh and belial upped to 75%???? WTF??? like pvp isn't dead enough in this game. Make pleasant meadows 25% in compensation .
    Last edited by Sredni; Jun 14th, 2002 at 14:02:35.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Darkbane

The new patch numbering render te old system obsolete though... no reason for next patch to not be 14.3, just tradition I suppose...
    yeah, that kinda confused me too hehehe

maybe they will start that after 14.6, since they have promised proffessions stuff 14.4 - 14.6 and dont want people up in arms over the confusion

or maybe they are saving the odd number patches for something else... like changes due to storylines (like bringing in things like wanted dead or alive: Intra posters )

mostly good

For the most part, the changes/additions being added are a step in the right direction. A couple are going to be problematic. Especially the trader heal nerf once every realizes traders will just not heal anymore (maybe this line should only work in teams??)

A real problem with making things Boss Loot only is the ninja looters. They're the only ones who are gonna get this stuff for the most part, and will control who gets what in that respect (and at what price). Numerous times I've been in teams where boss loot doesn't even get displayed, even when asked to show. And then, how can you be certain they are showing actual looted items. Should you even have to ask? Same thing happens with people looting chests. Never gets shown in chat.

Anyways, I could rant on all day about the problems with the selfish looters. I propose they make a change to the looting system when in teams. Making chests subject to the alpha loot somehow might be a start. Not sure how this could be done tho. But a better solution might me to have items looted in team missions automatically displayed in chat. Then at least the team would know what's been looted and would be given the opportunity to divide it up at end of mission without people not informing about some particularly good item. Would also take some time off the honest looters who do show everything in chat (that can be a pain too, I know). Still doesn't completely solve the selfish looter problem, but maybe putting them on the spot will help a little. Anyways, I like to see the various items available, this way would at least let you do that.

Replevin - 134 Clan Trader
    Huck1 - 139 Clan MP
    Huck52 - 87 Clan Engi
    Huck316 - 51 Clan Adv (bellied up to a bar in Newland awaiting 14.4)
    And a small army of others

PS: The auto attack changes are awesome. Really gonna help out the mezzers in teams. And the tanks.

How about some new Content? Especially for High levels?
    I mean real content, not a next set of hundreds of items. A lvl 200 char isnt really interessed to hunt exp at a new mob camp in Belial day for day. You know, he cant get more exp. :-) One high level Mob isnt enough for all the high level players. We need more and larger dungeons. Dungeons where it needs a multi team group to reach the end boss and this within hours, not minutes. We need to do something meaningful.

Tweaking these little game mechanics and proffession balances is nice, but is worthless in terms of longtime motivation.

Oh and where is the great epic storie from Rubi-ka? Since the end of the videos I could not found a piece from it.

Suggestion: Add a feature, that displayes every item in team chat that a member of the team is looting. This will end ninja looting and the problems around this effectivly. With all this rare special loot, this features becomes a must.

Airri, Omnitec Doc, The Council

PS: Will Docs ever get profession-special items, and the other profs without. Or do the profs, already got them, have a privileg I dont know?
    Last edited by Airri; Jun 14th, 2002 at 14:49:08.

Thumbs down Nano Techs Forgotten Again

Where Are the changes for the Nano-Techs.. Have we been excluded again?

Sollution to Ninja-looting

Everyone in the team should get a text message on everything that a player in the team picks up. Either that or the whenever a team get loot for a MOB or a chest is opened the items should be put out on team chat by the server.

I like the notes, looks promissing

nothing about pet pathing or HP bar bug fixes tho, these things are very much overdue!
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

hmmm

Originally posted by Seyonne
    Engies have their weakness in pvp but are still strong pvm/tradeskills.
    That made I laugh

Err what tradeskills?

Ah you mean the broken ones :-)

Glad we got that sorted my Eng can now look forward to the patch </SARCASM>

-Edit-
    Almost forgot, I hope the new fixer grid isnt out of reach for us lowbies
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: Nano Techs Forgotten Again

Originally posted by Legend3000
    Nano-Technician Changes:
    • Four of the humidity extractors had faulty data and was only giving you nano for the first 30 minutes of the buff, rather than for the full 60 minutes. This has now been fixed so they will continue to be effective for the full 60 minutes. The affected nanos were "Boundless Humidity Extractor", "Personal Notum Harvester", "Efficient Humidity Extractor" and "Superior Humidity Extractor".

I had originally read the notes posted this morning originally when announced in IRC by cosmik and since i was in the process of blitzing a mission I simply looked at the new things and said wow cool I cant wait...

Then i went back and looked at them carefully later on

Currently Agents have two lines of nano's that drop pretty much on every third boss and many of them are complaining about the mind numbing hassle to get them.

Advents are getting 5 confirmed lines of nano's that are boss drop only and possibly as many as 12 boss mob only lines of nano's that will be in the loot cycle with the 2 agent lines and however many fixer lines that will be there (since none are listed as being boss mob only)

With that said, even if funcom manages to fix outdoor hunting none of us are going to be able to take advantage of it given their lack of thought in fixing classes since we will all be stuck trying to get our fixes and balancing lines of nano's. The only other excuse aside from lack of thought for making so many profession fixing lines of nano's to be bossdrop only is that someone at funcom realized team missions are even more boring than regular missions and the person who made them was hurt that nobody likes them so is trying to force people to do them.

I hunted for pages in EQ to get my spells... I'll be damned if i'll pay to jump through those same mindnumbing steps again.
    Last edited by Tetra; Jun 14th, 2002 at 14:56:24.

Omni-Tek has reopened a base in Southern Artery Valley.
    I'm sure MoOg will be delighted
    Dest

I hate to complain, but I also hate being shut out! There was a time when I could take an hour, log in, run a mission, get a nifty item, and get back to a very busy r/l.

But, as the levels advance, missions take longer, finding teams takes longer, and forget about doing a team mission. Who has the time? Putting together the team, waiting while someone inevitably decides to restock at the last moment, traveling, then crawling through the enormous mission.

I'm very happy with the upcoming adventurer changes, and while I've never felt my class was underpowered or broken, I appreciate any help through changes and additions. But come on!!!! Our most important nano additions are boss drop only? I love this game, but don't have time for this. Sure I can buy the nano's or get someone to do the missions for me, but what fun, or satisfaction do I get if someone else does all the work?

So please Funcom!! Do not shut out the casual gamer!!!!
    Last edited by Ditzie; Jun 14th, 2002 at 15:38:35.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Re: Re: Nano Techs Forgotten Again

Originally posted by Ampris

Nano-Technician Changes:
    • Four of the humidity extractors had faulty data and was only giving you nano for the first 30 minutes of the buff, rather than for the full 60 minutes. This has now been fixed so they will continue to be effective for the full 60 minutes. The affected nanos were "Boundless Humidity Extractor", "Personal Notum Harvester", "Efficient Humidity Extractor" and "Superior Humidity Extractor".

Looks more like a bug fix than anything "Four of the humidity extractors had faulty data" "This has now been fixed".

Not complaining.....just saying it's not new stuff, just fixing broken stuff.

dB

Arrow Re: Nano Techs Forgotten Again

Originally posted by Legend3000
    Originally planned for 14.6/14.8 timeframe, at least HE is being fixed, other stuff will have to wait

I too was under the assumption that HP bars were being fixed sometime..... like 14.4? I hope so...

but yeah, looks cool.... trader nerf doesn't effect me as I've removed all biomet through IP reset.

/me drools in apoplexy

Fixers..finally...get cool..stuff

OK so no "debuff debuff" nanos yet..let's hope for 14.6
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Re: Re: Nano Techs Forgotten Again

Originally posted by Darkbane

Originally planned for 14.6/14.8 timeframe, at least HE is being fixed, other stuff will have to wait

KK, will sit back and wait to see about 14.6/14.8 sigh.

huhu, still waiting the engineer fix ^^
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

and the full duration of the negative feedbacks sux :/

do the ma get their dimach back ?
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast