Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

everyone got love but ENGI's and enforcers. Shame .. he he thank god I play a MA now.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by Spook

You see a lot less (none) Boss loot on mission reward then you see regular loot on mission reward.
    "Boss loot only" items are just that. They can only be looted from a boss mob, you will never see those items in a mission terminal.

All I'm saying is that they can either make it show up in mission rewards or loot from regular mobs, but the 2nd wouldn't be fair to all NTs and Fixers that have to kill thousands of mobs to get nullity or grid armor. I bet you anything that fixers and NTs would just love to see Grid armor/nullity being dropped from bosses at the rate Agent nanos are dropping, rather then spending time killing thousands of mobs or paying 100+ mil for one instruction disc.

As aNT i want to hear the nullity or grid armor dropping on bosses. But nope......

Phinger 187 NT
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

ETA on when patch is hitting live? Havent IP resetted yet
    Whitedread was born on Fri Jul 6 19:52:15 2001 and retired from Rubi-Ka on Thu Nov 27 18:00:00 2003.

Barko, Master Creature Handler in Ancarim Iron Legion, Kettemoor Galaxy (Starwars Galaxies)

Mostly good changes.

Very solo UNfriendly, though.

How about some solo player luv sometime?
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Cool

Originally posted by HidaReign
    everyone got love but ENGI's and enforcers. Shame .. he he thank god I play a MA now.
    Enforcers need love about as much as Bill Gates need more money. Engies have their weakness in pvp but are still strong pvm/tradeskills.

I did not see anything that would make fixers less pathetic in pvp which to me is a major let down, hope something will be included.

Seraphael 163 fixer
    Seyonne 147 meta

im impressed, added some mob camps, does this mean i get to leave missions for a while?

fixer changes... not often you see them in patch notes
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by HidaReign
    I would say Engies got two, in the way of tradeskills:

-The price of the trade-skill components for making nano crystals has been dramatically decreased. If you have all the parts, it should now be cheaper to build nano crystals rather than buy them from shops.

This is great news for me, I just reached the point last night where I have to upgrade my isotope separator and neutron displacer Wasn't looking forward to raising 5 million credits

- Implemented some minor armour trade-skill processes.

Interested to see what's coming here, sounds like it won't be much but hey, something new!

By the way, thanks Funcom for the update, nice to see things progressing so quickly.
    Last edited by Drusillus; Jun 14th, 2002 at 12:40:26.
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Are the added camps the so called 'dyna-camps' from where we can expect Boss MOB loot to be dropped?

Ref: Cosmik talks about dyna-camps

Unhappy

Originally posted by Seyonne

Enforcers need love about as much as Bill Gates need more money. Engies have their weakness in pvp but are still strong pvm/tradeskills.
    All we were asking for is buffs to 1he/2he - not a lot really. Now adventurers have them, so how hard would it be to put simillar Enf nanos in this patch too?

Question

Originally posted by Lazz
    Are the added camps the so called 'dyna-camps' from where we can expect Boss MOB loot to be dropped?

Ref: Cosmik talks about dyna-camps
    Hmmm, doesn't say does it? Though we were given the impression they were an imminent feature. And none in clan/neutral areas - though with a Whumpas in ICC (if I'm understanding that OK) Andromeda will be much easier to get to.

re

So much for the ADVENTURER PATCH. I guess we're not being given a patch like we where told.

I love how you made everything impossible to get, I'm willing to bet the stuff NEVER drops and 90 percent of us never see it, just like the Advent only stuff you made drop on Tarresque.

- What about fixing BBI Faithfuls so we at least have one line of pistols that works?

- What the hell is wrong with being able to zone with a harmless pet leet? .. We can't even bring them into indoor zones like the Rompa bar?

- Why are you making the buffs that might actually make our polymorph's usefull impossible to find? ... "Oh, they might drop on ultra special team missions".

It seems to me like your not really fixing the "No one likes the Advent Polymorph" problem. Instead your giving the Advent it's own Grid armor so we can turn into a whinefest like the fixers.

Thanks alot for the "Advent" patch.

And Thanks a ton for A) NOT adding flight to Flurry of feathers, and B) Removing flight from Pit Lizard.

/me is still doing the happy fixer dance

could Cz or Cosmik or someone pop over to the fixer forum sometime.. I am sure we have SO many questions about this new patch and would love some additional info on things (like will we be able to take our team into the new grid once we have found access to it etc)

Re: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Read the preliminary 14.4 patch notes here. Discuss the notes in this thread. Enjoy.
    Cosmik,

Is there anyway we could get a patch calendar online. I know these things are hard to predict. However im sure in the office somewhere there is a time line your team works by.

Wink Re: re

Originally posted by Ymodem-G
    Instead your giving the Advent it's own Grid armor so we can turn into a whinefest like the fixers.
    Seems you got that part nailed down well, there has been a long time since I saw such a negative regurgitation to positive changes. Where as I do have some objections to the much needed fixer improvements, I applaud the efforts made and realize Rome wasn't built in a day.

Seraphael 163 fixer
    Seyonne 147 meta
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jun 14th, 2002 at 13:40:37.

WE WILL KICK!!!

KICK, WE WILL!!!

Thanx FC... Now I'm happy...

*Runs naked through the city shouting and dancing*

(phear me, I'm Bruce Leet)
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

what happened to 14.3?
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Originally posted by Krneki

"Boss loot only" items are just that. They can only be looted from a boss mob, you will never see those items in a mission terminal.

All I'm saying is that they can either make it show up in mission rewards or loot from regular mobs, but the 2nd wouldn't be fair to all NTs and Fixers that have to kill thousands of mobs to get nullity or grid armor. I bet you anything that fixers and NTs would just love to see Grid armor/nullity being dropped from bosses at the rate Agent nanos are dropping, rather then spending time killing thousands of mobs or paying 100+ mil for one instruction disc.
    It was an explaination since you did not appear to be able to understand.

So having to force everyone and their cusines to do team missions and kill thousands of MOBs to get those nanos?
    If it was all MOBs as well as mission rewards the price would drop a lot on those nanos. Even better would have been if we could buy all nanos in shops to limit the max price on all nanos.

The nanos that you find in mission booth have reduced in price thanks to click saver, and so would the new nanos if they appear there.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Originally posted by Pie314
    what happened to 14.3?
    odd numbers are saved for big emergency patches that fix the previous patch

I just realised... something is missing from the fixer changes...

you havent introduced the debuff nanos that were planned to stop GA being useless with the OE changes.
    currently GA is very hard to find and when it is it can be debuffed beyond any other armour meaning you become a sitting duck.
    This was realised and we were told we would get protection for it... which was not in 14.2

I hope it hasnt been forgotten, as one of the rarest and costly nanos in the game is useles without it
    Last edited by Intra; Jun 14th, 2002 at 13:44:02.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast