Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

Post Re: Re: ENFORCERS

Originally posted by Jaesic

After trailing around after an enforcer through missions for about 50 or 60 levels, I don't think enforcers really have anything to worry about with adventurer's getting better multi and edged weapon buffs. The last time I saw an enforcer wielding a sword was... uh... never? And dual-wielding pistols? Seriously, the adventurer getting these buffs (at a particularly high level... note the level req on these buffs that doesn't exist on practically anything else in the game?) is not going to detract from the enforcer pounding the crap out of everything in his path up until the point where he/she eventually runs out of health.... which doesn't happen unless the doc goes LD...

Maybe on rubi-ka 2 no enforcers wield swords but for some of us it makes sence, have you thought that maybe as an enforcer it's out job to be a tank, and using swords might be good fast damage to keep the mob angry? My main problem besides the (INTRODUCTION OF ADVENT ONLY SWORDS THAT CAN'T BE HACKED OR MODIFIED TO BE OTHER PROFFESION USABLE) is that your buffs are self only but everywhere I go I get asked for head cracker. Please sir I think it's great your proffesion is getting fixed, but let the fixes be universal, enfs rule melee and close combat, that's how it's sapost to work....

P.S. I can't wield a beam I'm an OPIFEX ENFORCER, so my choices are limited to hammers and riders exicutioners, I'd like SOL fire exicutioners but maybe that's asking to much

Gahnish 83rd lvl opifex enf
    Obliesus 83rd lvl solitus crat
    Ynnead 62nd lvl nanomage doc
    TheOpifex 10th lvl opifex sol
    donerik@hotmail.com

Re: Re: Re: ENFORCERS

Originally posted by Donzilla

Maybe on rubi-ka 2 no enforcers wield swords but for some of us it makes sence, have you thought that maybe as an enforcer it's out job to be a tank, and using swords might be good fast damage to keep the mob angry? My main problem besides the (INTRODUCTION OF ADVENT ONLY SWORDS THAT CAN'T BE HACKED OR MODIFIED TO BE OTHER PROFFESION USABLE) is that your buffs are self only but everywhere I go I get asked for head cracker. Please sir I think it's great your proffesion is getting fixed, but let the fixes be universal, enfs rule melee and close combat, that's how it's sapost to work....

P.S. I can't wield a beam I'm an OPIFEX ENFORCER, so my choices are limited to hammers and riders exicutioners, I'd like SOL fire exicutioners but maybe that's asking to much
    Maybe you didn't notice my signature, I'm an NT, not an adventurer.... and thus, no... its not great that my profession is getting fixed because it isn't. Not yet anyway...

Anyway... almost everyone gets asked for buffs. For enforcers its usually essence, for NTs its HE, for docs its +80, traders its wrangles, MPs its mochams, MAs its crit buffs... etc. If headcracker is the main thing you're getting asked for, its only because you're not high enough level to get harassed for top end essence buffs yet, be glad its only headcracker. Remember, just because someone asks for a buff doesn't mean you have to give it. But if you say no... remember that the next time you need a buff from someone else.

As to whether or not RK2 enforcers are using swords... I don't know... I'm a little amazed you are using them... baseball bats, blackjacks, blackjohns, stun batons... all these seem to be fast weapons capable of doing quite a bit of damage. I don't imagine any is wrong with an enforcer using swords... but its not exactly the 'image' I get in my head when I think enforcer... that is more some guy named ***** hefting a lead pipe with a wicked grin on his face as he prepared to 'rough me up a bit'.

Maybe we can get some other enforcers to comment on this...

------------
    Jaesic
    140 NT (RK2)

Exclamation Re: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Read the preliminary 14.4 patch notes here. Discuss the notes in this thread. Enjoy.
    Nice link.
    That page has been empty of notes for several days now.

*cough*
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

I think blunt weapons fit the whole idea of the 'enforcer' more closely.

Look up where the word came from, and you would understand that they weren't the type of people likely to be using edged weapons.

Wehn I hear 'enforcer' I think of the kinda goons you see in mafia movies that the loan shark sends to break your kneecaps when you don't pay up. The legal side of the 'enforcer' would be police/security gaurds which usually use nightsticks, because balckjacks and the like are too lethal and inhumane. Of course, the police usually have sidearms too, but shooting someone involves too much paperwork I'd imagine, so roughing them over with the nightstick or a flashlight seems to be preferred.

Re: Pit Lizards Lose Their Wings

Originally posted by Falcon Rider
    If a pit lizard was never intended to fly, why were they given wings?

Maybe its a descendant of the Emu

Post Well AO was sapost to be diverce

Wow Great Cool that you think gweedo the over grown circus monkey is here to go you bidding for peanuts or something shiny. In Character Creation it says "The enforcer profession template increases your ability to take damage and boost your close combat skills, Enforcers gain access to some unique nano programs that further your ability to take damage and boost your close combat skills". Now that's funcoms take on my profession that hasn't changed since October when I started, so back to my three main points 1.) it makes sense for one an enforcer to be opifex and use 1 handed edged weapons, 2.) Funcom promised us the unique nano programs dealing with close combat ability 3.) I don't care so much that we didn't get them or that people want head cracker or essence all the time, it's that there buffs are self only for no reason, and SOL Fire executioners cannot be hacked...

Can you tell me why an opifex enf isn't a good idea? or why 1handed edge isn't a good choice for an opifex enf? Why Sol fire executioners shouldn't be hack able or new advent buffs shouldn't be able to be cast on everyone?

besides if fixers use guns what other profession is going to sneak up on you in the alleys of meetmedeer with a knife and say gimme all your creds or you die

Gahnish 83rd lvl enf
    donerik@hotmail.com

Arrow

Originally posted by iamblades
    I think blunt weapons fit the whole idea of the 'enforcer' more closely.

Look up where the word came from, and you would understand that they weren't the type of people likely to be using edged weapons.

Wehn I hear 'enforcer' I think of the kinda goons you see in mafia movies that the loan shark sends to break your kneecaps when you don't pay up. The legal side of the 'enforcer' would be police/security gaurds which usually use nightsticks, because balckjacks and the like are too lethal and inhumane. Of course, the police usually have sidearms too, but shooting someone involves too much paperwork I'd imagine, so roughing them over with the nightstick or a flashlight seems to be preferred.
    Yes, you might think so. But if you look closely, you can see even FC were unsure of what they wanted... Of our melee skills, the one that isn't green is two-handed bash - so go figure...

(And I use swords btw, may change later, but for now I'm happy...)

two handed bash

True two handed blunt isn't green... but its not as expensive as some other things (ranged weapons). And the fact that that two handed weapons aren't the 'ideal' actually does make sense with the idea of the thug ***** that we're talking about here... after all, the enforcer needs one hand to hold onto the guy while he smacks him around with the other hand or a blackjack/pipe.

Now I have no idea if this is an idea at all accurate to what FC or anyone else thinks about the profession. It wasn't the point at all of the comments I made. A certain enforcer posted that it was unfair that adventurer's got these buffs when enforcers were supposed to be the masters of melee combat.

Are you worried that an adventurer is going to out damage/out tank you and make enforcers useless in teams? That the adventurer will overwhelm the enforcer in PvP?

Well relax, I doubt that this nano is going to allow them to do any of that:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Crystal NanoCrystal (Dance of the Dervish)
    QL 165
    NCU 43
    Nanocost 781
    Duration 1h
    Attack time 5.9 s
    Recharge time 3 s
    Range 1 m
    Defense skills nano resist 0

Attack skills sensory imp 50
    psycho mod 50

Requirements psycho mod >= 775
    sensory imp >= 775
    level >= 195
    visual profession adventurer

Effects modify self agility 4
    modify self dodge ranged 18
    modify self duck explosives 18
    modify self evade clsc 18
    modify self multi melee 120
    modify self multi ranged 12

-------------------------------------------------------------

You see that part that says level >= 195 ?

Admittedly, there may be other lower level versions of this in the mix... but lets use a little maturity and at least give some other professions a break. They aren't trying to steal your thunder.

-----------------------

Jaesic
    140 NT (RK2)

NOOOO Night vision wolf was convenient as hell !! How can you get rid of that?!!

The pistol buff i s much needed though. And the form specific nanos Ive been pushing for a long time now.

Thanks for listening

Unhappy Nice Changes BUT...

-The thing with the NON FLYING Ability of Lizard is just a hoax of you isnt it? They were not supposed to fly???
    LOOOL
    Well i dont play an adnvent .. but it would really be a point that could make me quit, if i was highlvl.
    How does it look like?.. nonflyling lizard... LOOOOL
    takes the whole coolness of it!

-Engineers arent fixed *sigh*
    In multi Missions they are useless, because of petpathing.
    Ever tried to keep up with you teammates while caring for you pets? NOT possible. NOT acceptable!

If you cant program it right, give us a /pet warp command!!!
    There is no way to exploit it that i can see.

Work on this please and put some more dynamic Events into AO.
    Give us the storyline you promised.
    I thought you never intended to stop the storyline, because of stopping the videos.
    Gimme the feeling to be an omnitek bastard HRHR!!!

So far
    Rim

Question Re: two handed bash

Originally posted by Jaesic

Are you worried that an adventurer is going to out damage/out tank you and make enforcers useless in teams? That the adventurer will overwhelm the enforcer in PvP?

-----------------------

Jaesic
    140 NT (RK2)
    It's about professions doing what they were meant to do, mps sommon, agents sneak, nts nuke, crats charm, fixers run, solders shoot, traders wrangle, engineers bot, doctors heal, and enfs smash-crush-cut,. .and adventurers well they are meant to mix them all taking a bit away from every profession "Jack of all trades, master of none". Now they master one handed edge, and with the SoL fire executioners could potentially out damage me in a mission with these buffs. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I didn't make myself clear, advents are great people, but should not have these buffs unless the enforcers have better, advents need to be what character creations says them to be, the measuring stick by which all other professions are measured. Right now they are better at one handed edge making enforcers "the melee profession" measure up short. Give enforcers the same buff with lower to cast requirements if advents need them so bad, but don't give them a melee advantage over other profession or it takes away from what they are sapost to be and what we are sapost to be,..

Sir I think you would feel my pain when I get masteries as my crat my nano’s are better than any NT’s at my lvl, or MP’s with the same…I mean we have pets but all you have are your nano’s it’s not right, it’s not fair to you, and should be fixed that’s where I’m coming from see it my way

Gahnish lvl 83 enf
    donerik@hotmail.com

Re: Re: two handed bash

Originally posted by Donzilla

It's about professions doing what they were meant to do, mps sommon, agents sneak, nts nuke, crats charm, fixers run, solders shoot, traders wrangle, engineers bot, doctors heal, and enfs smash-crush-cut,. .and adventurers well they are meant to mix them all taking a bit away from every profession "Jack of all trades, master of none". Now they master one handed edge, and with the SoL fire executioners could potentially out damage me in a mission with these buffs. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I didn't make myself clear, advents are great people, but should not have these buffs unless the enforcers have better, advents need to be what character creations says them to be, the measuring stick by which all other professions are measured. Right now they are better at one handed edge making enforcers "the melee profession" measure up short. Give enforcers the same buff with lower to cast requirements if advents need them so bad, but don't give them a melee advantage over other profession or it takes away from what they are sapost to be and what we are sapost to be,..

Sir I think you would feel my pain when I get masteries as my crat my nano’s are better than any NT’s at my lvl, or MP’s with the same…I mean we have pets but all you have are your nano’s it’s not right, it’s not fair to you, and should be fixed that’s where I’m coming from see it my way

Gahnish lvl 83 enf
    donerik@hotmail.com
    I understand and I do 'feel your pain' because as you say, NTs are not the masters of the nuke though we're supposed to be (and we have plenty of downfalls to earn us that right).

Having only played around with the basics with an enforcer just to see what they could do, I've already identified one of the biggest downfalls in my choice of solitus... that I've sacrificed the atrox's strengths (hps and beam) for a little bit more flexibility in armor selection and trickle down from stats. I can't imagine how an opifex (which gives up even more hps) and moves so far from the primary abilities used for the green enforcer skills can claim to be the basis for the class.

You chose to move away from the norm for whatever reason... if you wanted to be a dual wielding swordsman opifex and have good buffs to those sorts of skills... maybe you should have been an adventurer all along? or an MA. You say enforcers are supposed to smash-crush-cut... and I disagree. Read what the manual says about the enforcer... its smash & bash. Nothing about cutting at all.

------------

Now... I want to be careful here... I'm not trying to flame you for your beliefs in this matter. But please, look at the requirements for this nano... consider the current state of the adventurer... maybe this isn't a perfect fix because it infringes on some 'unnamed' rule. But provide constructive criticism, give alternatives... something. Don't just say its unfair that adventurers get something that should belong to the enforcer.

Not everyone who has argued on the side of the enforcer against what I said needs me to say this either... some of you have had good points. But go back to the original post that I responded to.

---------------
    Jaesic
    140 NT (RK2)

you shoud figure out wat you want :
    this is a SKIL game not a LEVEL game
    take a look at this lev 195 requrement for a + 100 1he buff
    or wat about this : Toothy Grin lev 100 nano for in sabertooth form ( so strange considering that i am gouwing into sabertooth form from lev 78 + )
    almost all of the 14.4 adv nano's have level requrements

why even bother with skills anymore if you just put level requerments on spells

this is turning more and more into eq everie day
    in eq you have level requerments on spells " oh goody i am lev 4 necro i can now cast gate " you stil needid to practice to use the spel desently ( casting alteration spels over and over again until your skil was maxt )

in AO oh goody i am now lev 50 so i can now cast Ballad of Smoke if i have sensory imp 231 and psycho mod 231

apart from the fact that you have to use ip to upgrade your skil and not spend 1 hour or so casting the same spel over and over again for skilgain not a big difference
    wat is the use of making a nanomage char if an atrox can cast the same nano at the same level
    Sometimes I lie awake at night and stare into the darkness.....The a voice comes to me that says, "Stop Staring, you're making us nervous!!"
    cristine

Fear the BLACK MAGE
    cosmik he knows it was you
    say NO to level req on nano's this is a skill game not a level game

Read the Community Forum.

They're hoping to patch this to live on THURSDAY!

FC your missing the point !!!

I donot care about over equipping , or nerfs , what i DO care about is open hunt zones like Mort , please reverse PvP there
    or add other OUTDOOR zones were lvl 90 --- 200 can get DECENT
    XP in a group or alone , THATS WHAT I WANT until then my account stays closed.
    i am not planning on spending my charracters life in a damn mission dungeon.

1) Level reqs. NO. Read the fixer board. This is stupid, the highest level ones are useless by the time you can use them and it takes away from the free-flowing skills concept that this game was launched with a focus on. Everyone else can use nanoskill buffs to implement their higher level buffs, why not the fixers (who are the profession most gimped for nanoskills) and the adventurers (who will be in the same boat once they have to raise PSY Mod to cast them)? The NCU buffs should check the targets Complit, all the rest should be like any other buff in the game. Read the fixer board for the general temperature on this subject guys, its not cool.
    The ONLY exception to this is the special Fixer only Grid - that is a quest reward, so I am a little more chilled about it, quest items can (and should) be treated differently, otherwise just about ne1 has the ability to be carried through the quest.

2) Boss Loot Only. Bad idea, a lot of ppl do not like teaming, or do not have the time. While the outdoor boss camps are a good idea (better for ADV's), it doesn't exactly solve the problem. The basic class fixxing nanos (weapon skill buffs, fixer team runbuffs, adventurer damage shield stuff) should be available in the shops in the same range as normal and available as standard loot. More obscure items like the NCU buffs are reasonable as Boss Loot, except they will become difficult to find for those who do not team, so either a: implement the 'Fixer Heist Mission' with 'boss chests' or b: make the victims of Solo assassination Missions drop boss loot.
    Last edited by Kaskin; Jun 26th, 2002 at 23:17:02.
    Kaskin
    -----------------
    No cookie cutter level limits!

We should all cancel our accounts and just stop the madness.
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

Originally posted by Kaskin

2) Boss Loot Only. Bad idea, a lot of ppl do not like teaming, or do not have the time. While the outdoor boss camps are a good idea (better for ADV's), it doesn't exactly solve the problem. The basic class fixxing nanos (weapon skill buffs, fixer team runbuffs, adventurer damage shield stuff) should be available in the shops in the same range as normal and available as standard loot. More obscure items like the NCU buffs are reasonable as Boss Loot, except they will become difficult to find for those who do not team, so either a: implement the 'Fixer Heist Mission' with 'boss chests' or b: make the victims of Solo assassination Missions drop boss loot.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=32158

Here's a thread (mostly overlooked/ignored) I started about the boss loot situation and some possible ideas on how items could be put in without being team mission boss loot only.

Feel free to post other ideas if you have them.

------------
    Jaesic
    141 NT (RK2)

Putting new nanos, that should have been in the game to being with, on bosses is a crap idea.

Cutting Adv Pit lizard wings, Again another crap idea.

Screwing the Loyal AO player base that has stuck though this thick and thin, again another crap idea.

Sign..... Ao, like a bad child, has such potential to be a great game, but the people in charge just are not thinking, or are blinded by making cash, the people fired were probally the only ones that disagreed with patch 14.4 and so got the boot i bet..

again, another patch putting me that one step closer at canceling my account, along with the rest of the advs.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Angry About Traders

I hope Funcom does not nerf professions but add to professions as a way to balance things. I have a L94 trader and I spent lots of time built her to her current stage. Now, not everyone playing this game PvP for a living. My trader used to be loved by my friends for her team heal nano. Now instead of healing, those nanos should be called suicide nano. Has anyone in Funcom ever tried solo a L80 mission with a L94 trader? What is there left for trader to do? How does a trader level? I would like someone from Funcom to show us how they make a perfect trader that can survive like any other professions. The nerfing is plain stupid. We paid for our time on this game and Funcom just wasted many good customers' paid time. What is the reason behind the nerfing on traders heal? PvP, then make the damn nerfing work only in PvP. Most of us make a living in AO by hunting or Missioning. How do we do that with a shotgun that do less damage at QL118 than a Lvl 70 MA with there fists? And with the pathytic xp we gain from tradeskill works, how do we level? Tag along with a high level team with any profession but trader? Nerfing is not the way to fix unbalance in a game, adding additional abilities to the weaker class is the way to go. And by the way, is it so hard to fix stupid bugs like BBI Faithful rely on Melee Init. and get parried?

Please give us traders a way of living, or if you want just refund our money and eliminate the profession since it is so unwelcomed.

A very sad L94 trader,

whose L168 trader friend just quit AO after 14.4

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314