Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

Originally posted by seoul
    they are making the training area always daytime because new people have a hard time seeing when it's DARK!

which would you rather...someone starting out being able to SEE their way around, or someone getting annoyed and having a hard time because it's so incredibly dark
    Totally agree. The reason to make things easier on new players is so that they stay and play the game. The initial experience has to be very good or else your client base doesn't grow.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Arrow

Yeah, very true, and for the Omni training grounds both relevant (it does get darker there than any of the others) and reasonable (its a simulation after all...) Not so much sense for the Clan and Neutral ones.

I can remember just sitting up on the ridge above the neutral grounds watching the sunrise... can you imagine, sitting watching the sunrise - in a game! Now this experience will be denied newbs until they venture out into the real world...

Oh well, guess its a reasonable change really, stumbling around in the dark is no fun...

Question

Adventurer changes

"Added three new lines of nano buffs. The first buffs 1h-edged weapon skill. The second buffs pistol skill. The third buffs both multi-melee and multi-range skills. All are self-only buffs. Check out the team mission boss monsters, they may drop one of these new nanos."

WTF? Why self only? It would be nice to buff others as well, don't you think?

Also, what's the use of pit lizard if I can't fly? The hp boost/hot and nukes would be nice, but no flying capability? Might as well change the graphics so we look like a giant Komodo dragon!

Leet charm. Ok, why won't you let the leets zone with us? To prevent someone like me from charming like 50 leets and letting them roam free in Omni ent?
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

Red face Enough of the repeating responses!!!

Okay!!! What QL are the Multi-Melee, and Ranged buffs? i don't wanna wait until im level 145 to use them; by then ill be wielding my 200 Riders!

How much do these - Self Only - Boss Loot Only - Unknown Status/Requirments (lets hope Psy Mod isn't one of them!) ------------------>>> Buff for? 10, 20, multi-melee expertise style? or a whoping +50-100? then again the +100 might be a QL 169 Nano eh? - A Mult-melee/ranged Expertise should be added to, but FOR GOD's SAKE DONT MAKE THEM A BOSS LOOT IF YOU DO ADD EXPERTISE!

But hey if there is going to be a +50 lets cross our fingers hoping that they are the same QL as "AR Mastery, Rifle Mastery, etc. without having Psy Mod as a requirment. And then MAYBE we can team with someone at the mission booths, grab a super lowbie Team Mission and solo it! (but when we get to the boss we are going to need Humitity Extractor to make up for it's 598723564188962087hp - maybe an additional friend or 2 . . . BUT ALL MY BUDDIES QUIT!! , hey FC is fixing HE this patch too right? HEY!! ;0

OH GOD THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE IT PSY MOD I CAN SEE IT!!

You COULD always look it up... or have someone like me look it up for you.

Oh, and you might want to sit down before you read that.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Arrow

Err, of course it will be Psy Mod, SI/PM to be exact, just like the Enforcer's 1hb/2hb line is currently.

probably not what yo wanted to hear, but entirely in line with similar buffs.

Cool

Windrunner I am not bashing Adv my friend is one. What I am saying is Eng only really has the pistol skill at green every ranged Att is a bit@h to raise and every time I find a bad ass gun it seems that only Adv can wield, not to say I havent found any good guns for all classes but why would they limit certain pistols to only 1 class thats main skill can be something other than pistols. I refuse to be an Eng that sits back in a room and has my robot do it all I wanna be out there inflicting some damage to. My point is Eng's got screwed in this patch. I guess I really dont care as long as this patch fixes that damn Link Dead, among other fixes.

multi ranged/melee boost?

lvl greater than 195, ffs?
    the fact that the skill was changed from green to light blue was bad enough, but tnow they make it worthless if it can't be cast till lvl 195, the only time an adv really needs it is when their below that lvl, by 195 you just don't need it the sill is capped way before then and it won't equip two pistols or riders of QL200 anyhow, jeez great work,

To make the nano worth having in the game why not lower the buff to 100 and DON'T put a lvl req on it, ok so someone will go get a 132 wrangle to use it early, then and other plus buff to equip a better pair of weapons, but so what if they do, it's not like OE won't kick in anyhow.

OH and don't take flight from dragon form, fix the flight, IE you hit a specifed key and fly at that point you can't attack, you hit it again and you land? just a suggestion.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Originally posted by seoul
    they are making the training area always daytime because new people have a hard time seeing when it's DARK!

which would you rather...someone starting out being able to SEE their way around, or someone getting annoyed and having a hard time because it's so incredibly dark
    Ohh wait.....You forgot about how allllllllllll of us used to do it.
    NIGHT VISION GOGGLES. Sure it's a little more IP into a pretty much useless skill but it's there for a reason.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Originally posted by MrPendent

It's not enough that agents get fixes and new stuff about every other patch? Do you guys have to have every single item that every other class has? Jeez....

And--thanks, FC. While a lot of these changes should have been in the game about 10 months ago, it's nice that they're here.

Rook
    Are you freaking insane ? Up until the last patch,,14.2 we have been nerfed in about every patch. Some may even argue 14.2 was still more of a nerf than a help considering what we lost and what small things we gained. The one item that agents were excited about is nearly impossible to find and because FC did not make it agent only it is also sought after by other classes,the x-3. So before you so mindlessly shoot your mouth off do your homework. And as far as agent cool new stuff,,,would you trade a 30minute high percentage crit buff for one that lasts for a few seconds with 100% crit garentee? I would not and we had no choice in it,,,,a few seconds at 100% with a weapon at 2.50 attack wow one crit maybe 2 gaurenteed every 20 minutes. Not my idea of a fix. I am glad for any class who gets fixes but dont tell me how great agents have been treated by FC been here from launch as an agent and think I have a good idea of the "love" we have got. Any way to all getting fixes am glad for you and I hope they are as good as they sound once implemented into game ,and your items are not impossible to get.
    Last edited by Dienst; Jun 19th, 2002 at 13:06:34.

Re: Re: re

Originally posted by Seyonne

I applaud the efforts made and realize Rome wasn't built in a day.

Rome probably was built in a day .. they only made 1/4 of it then mirrored the hell out of it ... oh the old earth rome you mean?

Wrong

Originally posted by chrish
    Ohh wait.....You forgot about how allllllllllll of us used to do it.
    NIGHT VISION GOGGLES. Sure it's a little more IP into a pretty much useless skill but it's there for a reason.
    Actually even if you max Elec Eng you cant wear them until around level 3 (I think) and the floating lamp is another level or 2 further away IP-wise, so depending on the player (newbies tend to hunt in the BY since they dont know about the backyard mission terminal) this can be a real problem (I remember just hanging around the guard during the night since it was the only lit bit, but of course you cant attack since he just kills everything for you). It wasnt _too_ bad as a Neut but the Omni BY at night is unplayable.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Lightbulb Pets!

even though I'm not an adv myself, I definately think that adventurers should have pets, they're the closest things to druids, aren't they? If they're so in touch with nature, why can't they charm wild-life? I like the leet pet thing, but not being able to zone with your leet really sucks, how else are you gonna show off your leet if you can't bring it with you!! If advs can ride their leets, I'm switching professions. =P

ALSO: AS A 145 MA, I've noticed a DRAMATIC decrease in Crit hitting rate. On green mobs, with VS and a +5 scope, I used to crit once every other hit, now I'm only critting green mobs once every 6 hits or so! what's with that? Just yesterday, I actually got killed by 3 lowly green mobs, and I even have a full set of ql 200 implants! If it were before 14.2, I woulda made quick work of all three, but I just couldn't kill them! Everyone knows how much normal fist damage sucks(even worse after 14.0), so we need to crit very often to keep up with the damage. Please fix the Self-only crit bufs so that we start critting again.

Leet charm. Ok, why won't you let the leets zone with us? To prevent someone like me

LMFAO!! I never thought of that! That'd be soo cool! It would certianly make my day to see a bunch of the little fellers running around, pick scraps by BB's =)

Re: Pets!

Originally posted by gonna
    ALSO: AS A 145 MA, I've noticed a DRAMATIC decrease in Crit hitting rate. On green mobs, with VS and a +5 scope, I used to crit once every other hit, now I'm only critting green mobs once every 6 hits or so! what's with that? Just yesterday, I actually got killed by 3 lowly green mobs, and I even have a full set of ql 200 implants! If it were before 14.2, I woulda made quick work of all three, but I just couldn't kill them! Everyone knows how much normal fist damage sucks(even worse after 14.0), so we need to crit very often to keep up with the damage. Please fix the Self-only crit bufs so that we start critting again.

All I have to say to this is welcome to where the rest of the professions are buddy.
    Wizard's First Rule, people are stupid.
    Wizard's Eigth Rule- Deserve Victory. -Terry Goodkind / Author

My 100th post!

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger
    Find outWhat D&D Character Are You?

S.H.Y.E.N.I.A.: Synthetic Hydraulic Youth Engineered for Nocturnal Infiltration and Assassination
    What Cyborg are you?

Re: Pets!

Originally posted by gonna
    Cripes man... you think killing 3 greens at the same time is normal? I can kill 1 green... outdoors by doing root-nuke-root-nuke... or indoors by calming it every couple of nukes. And it takes 4 nano charges and a couple med kit charges to do it. And I'm celebrating because I'm finally getting better...

I practically bounce off the walls if I manage a yellow.

-----------------

Jaesic
    137 NT (RK2)

Thumbs down

Since you are lucky to end up with just 3 greens in first room, it should be bloody normal no matter what lvl you are. If that is not so it is a Funcome F*ckup.

Nuff said!
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Smile I like AO - and all the improvements

Hurray - fixers are cool... ^.^

Uh - did you get that suggestion about vehicle rental? Yes, yes, t'would be very useful indeed. Especially when needing to rescue team members out in the middle of a very dangerous, hostile area when they're miles away from any civilization and have giant mushrooms and scorpions threatening to snuff out their short, pointless lives....

Uh - yeah. Down with Omni... *runs away*

Tradeskill changes

Ok so alot of people are saying that Engineers DID get something in the patch in the form of cheaper nano crystal creation tools

Dont get me wrong this IS a good thing (but not just for Engineers)

I also see that armour creation using MRR is possible. I can only hope that FC have also decided to reduce the cost of the blank MRR since they are INCREADIBLY expensive (especially considering how useless they are now - improved basball bat anyone?)

FC PLEASE reduce the price on the blank MRR to a reasonable level (and refund me the difference on the 2 I already have while you're at it) to make armour creation and weapons mods viable at the low level game (which to be honest is probably the only place where these weapons/armour are going to be in demand)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Adventurer Buffs self only?

Finally adventurers get some kind of buff with which they could make some money...

..but no, they're going to be self-only.

I am of course talking about multi-ranged and duel-wield.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast