Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

14.4 - Preliminary patch notes

Read the preliminary 14.4 patch notes here. Discuss the notes in this thread. Enjoy.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Suppression gas in Belail Forest and Southern Artery Valley has been increased to monster only.
    Can we get an explanation why you want to ruin BF?

It's the only good place for guild wars or other fun events that some guilds have.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Come on!!

"Fly mode has been disabled from the pit lizard polymorphs, as it isn't working properly. The primary purpose of the pit lizard polymorphs is combat, and this was stopping it from being used in combat correctly."

I must say this is very dissapointing. Very sad. Is there really no way to fix the flying bit?

/me slowly walks away, im not gonna be a flying lizard, how sad.

Headsplitter( use headcracker base )
    same amount buff to 1h EDGE and 2h EDGE!!

Brutal Cut ( use brutal thug base )
    Same amount buff to 1h EDGE and 2h EDGE!!

how hard can it be ???

Remove Unique on Flurry!!!
    how the hell can i upgrade if i dont have enought skill when i find the "next" flurry i need to use? its not like it buffs Fast attack so i can "stack" equipp them!! bah!

you do know there is a huge gap in Burning rage---> infernal rage?? you missed one in there somewhere??

Adventures pets! Animals, dont need to be all that powerful, just cool to have a pet following around like a huge cat, a little cute leet( ok that "works" now ). ( yes Drizzt )

GAAHH! its been like 5 months since i told ya about
    Making it possible to name Packs!! like "implants70" "implants120", "melee" "ranged" for weapon packs and so on..."nodrops" is one hehe just klick in the name field of pack and VOILA! you can change the name...
    fking horrid to have to go throu like 20 packs looking for something.

other than that ....mkey its about time Adventures got some goodies, Good job on that one ( provided it works )
    Fixers! great! actually worth playing now i think

trader nerf! BAh ...totally idiotic change
    Last edited by Spluggorth; Jun 14th, 2002 at 10:57:01.

"A new type of surgery clinics is now available. They can only be used by doctors. -The price of the trade-skill components for making nano crystals has been dramatically decreased. If you have all the parts, it should now be cheaper to build nano crystals rather than buy them from shops."

Good, it was about time it became cheeper to make thing then to buy them finished.

"Different types of monsters in Andromeda have established small camps. Careful, they are being ruled by a strong leader."

Swell, now we can run into even better MOBs with our low lvl characters that get missions in Andromeda.

"Profession-specific implant departments are now available in the basic supermarkets."

Bloody awsome. realy looking forward to see those.

"The sun will no longer set in the training grounds. Permanent daylight will make things a little easier for new players."

Good thinking.

"Fixed some shop signs in Omni-Ent and 4 Holes. They now reflect the type of store better."

Does that mean that we will see proper large neon commersials sone above all shops?

"We are proud to introduce a new grid for the Fixers. They are the only ones able to use it, but in order to do so they must first solve a mission!"

No agent in FP getting there then?

"Martial Artists will now use their kick animation more often."

Bloody awsome, we asked for this for a long time (even it does not make us better).

"Added three new lines of nano buffs. The first buffs 1h-edged weapon skill. The second buffs pistol skill. The third buffs both multi-melee and multi-range skills. All are self-only buffs. Check out the team mission boss monsters, they may drop one of these new nanos."

Woha! I´m starting to get entusiastic about thuis patch.

"Added a series of secondary damage shield nanos. These stack with the normal damage shield nanos, increasing the amount of damage inflicted upon the attacker. You will need a damage shield of sufficient power up and running before you can run one of these damage shield upgrade nanos. Check out the boss monsters, they may drop one of these nanos."

I seriously hope you have not considered to let MOBs use these as damage shields already is better vs us then MOBs.
    ALSO IT SUCKS TO ONLY HAVE THINGS AS BOSS LOOT ONLY WHEN IT CONCEARNS CLASS NANOS.

"Added a line of leet charms that are only useable when you are polymorphed into leet form. This line is purely for fun - and will allow you to charm a leet, eleet, leetas and finally a soleet. The charm is "permanent" (it lasts 12 hours), but the leet will not zone with you. Check out the boss monsters, they may drop one of the "Leet Friend" nanos."

Another fun, but useless, nano being boss only. I think I astarted to lose my entuseasm.
    Maybe we should rename the game Team looting online.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

* Why does every new introduced nano only drop from boss monsters?

* How about fixing Pit Lizard instead of nailing him to the ground? After the gimped cat (runspeed -180) we get a gimped dragon, how about removing his wings next time?

* Why can't I zone with a Leet when I charmed one? A 12 hour charm but not allowed to zone or you will loose your little friend? Come on, you can't be serious.

* Will the Adv crowd control nanos only affect monsters or mobs in general?

* What nano skills will be required for the new adv nanos? You said that the one time total IPR will be removed with the arrival of 14.4 if I remember correctly? How about some information about the skills or you are planing to leave us Adv in the dark?

edit: typos

- Pangur, 151 adv
    Last edited by Pangur; Jun 14th, 2002 at 11:45:26.

Fixer Changes:
    WOOT!
    rare to see that followed by a list of things in the patch notes

We are proud to introduce a new grid for the Fixers. They are the only ones able to use it, but in order to do so they must first solve a mission!
    again... WOOT!

would love some info on the comp lit requirements in the new grid if there are going to be any.
    Can we take our team into it?

and although I can see a mission solving thing as a good thing (added content ), if you make us jump through hoops to get something that we should have had forever I will kill someone

Added a new item that enables the Fixer to "fix" better nano skills for themselves.
    Is this the NCU hacker interface?
    I am guessing that it is.

has it been drasticly improved from its original design? as the amount that it gave per level was tiny compared to the amount of pain we feel in our nano skills.

but, its a start

Added a new line of heal-over-time nanos. These have a longer duration than your existing line (between 15 and 30 minutes), and stack with the existing line of HoT nanos. They heal less often than the existing line, but heal for more and with a tighter range.
    It confuses me why you chose to introduce these as it is not something that any fixer had ever asked for and the Docs will go crazy (with good reason I feel if we are healing better than they are). But... with that said... any additions to the proffession will be welcome

The NCU cost on your existing HoT (Heal over time) buffs has been decreased.

The damage penalty associated with the run speed buffs has been removed.
    nice.. and nice

Added team versions of the run speed buffs. These are slightly less effective than the single-target versions.
    YAY

Added a line of team NCU buffs. These range from +20 at the lowest level to +250 at the highest. Note that these buffs are level limited - both for the Fixer executing the nano and the members of the team receiving the buff.
    again.... YAY!

The "Minor Suppressor" line has been extended. There is now a line of SMG + burst combo buffs. They are self-only and executable only by Fixers.
    you mean... I'm no longer going to be buffing myself with a start up buff before I go into combat???

WOOT!

(about time )

The items summoned with the "Smuggler's Shipment", "Bootleg Blades'n Blunts" and "Bootlet Beamers'n Bolters" will now exist for 12 hours, rather than two. Additionally, the credit cost of summoning these items has been lowered dramatically.
    when it comes to the summon range you should come into the forum and discuss it with us... it is pointless! it doesnt matter how long you make them last or how little they cost.
    no one wants the summon range, MC is not worth it... but I can bet that the NCU buffs require MC skill (argh)

please come to the fixer forums and look at what we are suggesting for the summon range, increasing the duration and decreasing the cost means nothing to me

thanks for the additions... bring on 14.6

Sounds good. But why does every new item (almost) have to be boss loot only?

And how much of all this new stuff is usable by agents in FP? I want that new grid thing too...

Boss loot only is actually great....would you rather have it as "regular mob loot" only, like Nulity sphere, Grid armor or Team beacon warp?

Originally posted by Spoonbender
    And how much of all this new stuff is usable by agents in FP? I want that new grid thing too...
    It's not enough that agents get fixes and new stuff about every other patch? Do you guys have to have every single item that every other class has? Jeez....

And--thanks, FC. While a lot of these changes should have been in the game about 10 months ago, it's nice that they're here.

Rook

Originally posted by Krneki
    Boss loot only is actually great....would you rather have it as "regular mob loot" only, like Nulity sphere, Grid armor or Team beacon warp?
    Yep. That way it would at least usualy end up as mission reward as well.

Fix the Pit Lizard morph for god sake, don't nerf it!!! Plain lazy of you to just remove flight with it, plain lazy. I'm very disappointed. Our top morph nerfed.*sigh*

"Check out Boss MOBs" comments all over the place. Argh! How about a little more creativity? I've suggested numerous times that if Adv stuff should be hard to find, place it on roaming MOBs in the wilderness. Let the difficulty of getting the loot be finding the MOBs. It suits our profession a lot better.

What's the point with having the charmed leets not following between playfields???
    Last edited by Lazz; Jun 14th, 2002 at 11:47:11.

Not good at all for the people that solo.

They force teaming.

(I only team so not a problem for me)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Spook

Yep. That way it would at least usualy end up as mission reward as well.
    huh?

It's not forced teaming...you can buy it on trade channels.

huh?
    You see a lot less (none) Boss loot on mission reward then you see regular loot on mission reward.

It's not forced teaming...you can buy it on trade channels.
    If you have a mule that download tons of cash yes.
    But everyone don´t have that.

Unhappy

Can anyone post the complete notes.

My work blocks the www.anarchy-online.com/ domain

Please

Preliminary Build Notes 14.4
    Launcher changes:

• The launcher will now give a warning if you don't have enough graphics memory for the selected resolution.
    • If you're running 32 bit desktop and window-mode on a VooDoo3 graphics card, you will get a warning that you should change desktop to 16-bit (due to voodoo3's nature).
    • Fixed a bug where the launcher would run in window mode the first time you ran Anarchy, even though window mode was not selected.

Nothing earth shatering there then.

Character Creation Changes:

• You no longer get a new first name + last name every time you use the nickname terminal, thus making it possible to type in a nickname that matches the first name + last name you have, if you choose to do so.

Oh good, I generally picked a nickname then went looking for a suitable name, so this will save time.

NPC and Monster Changes:

• The team mission bosses now have more loot. The amount depends on the number of players in the team when accepting the mission.
    • The number of additional NPCs in the team mission boss room has been tweaked. The challenge should now be more in line with the size and power of the group doing the mission. In some cases you will face less monsters than today, in others more.

All welcome changes.

Item Changes:

• Some new static missions have been introduced. The rewards for these missions are items that behave differently than all other items currently in the game. We will leave it up to the players to figure out how!
    • A new type of surgery clinics is now available. They can only be used by doctors. -The price of the trade-skill components for making nano crystals has been dramatically decreased. If you have all the parts, it should now be cheaper to build nano crystals rather than buy them from shops.
    • Changed the description on the "clan merits - Blossoms of Summer".
    • We've increased the amount of charges on some products you can make with pharmacy. These are the swim stim, the muscular stim, the restoration kit and the emergency treatment laboratory.
    • Tank armour has had its AC increased slightly.
    • The "Madam Freeze" weapon incorrectly used ColdAC as an attacking skill. That skill has been removed.
    • Fixed a problem with the graphics of the "Smelly Butcher Gloves".
    • Fixed a problem with the requirements of the "Gift of the Old Gargantula".

Some interesting stuff, glad making nanos will now make economc sense. Need to wait and see on the tank armour one.

Playfield Changes:

• Lush Fields: chaos minions will not spawn at the NW mine anymore.
    • Some monsters have established new camps in Southern Artery Valley
    • Different types of monsters in Andromeda have established small camps. Careful, they are being ruled by a strong leader.
    • Profession-specific implant departments are now available in the basic supermarkets.
    • Introduced some more changes to the Whom-Pah system.
    • The clans have built a new outpost in Varmint Woods.
    • Omni-Tek has reopened a base in Southern Artery Valley.
    • Omni-Tek now has an operational save terminal in Southern Artery Valley.
    • Suppression gas in Belail Forest and Southern Artery Valley has been increased to monster only.
    • ICC has opened a Whom-Pah node to get make contact with the two sides and neutrals easier. As a consequence of this change, a shop has been removed from the area in an attempt to avoid crowding.
    • Neutrals have opened a new shop in Newland Desert.
    • The sun will no longer set in the training grounds. Permanent daylight will make things a little easier for new players.
    • Fixed some shop signs in Omni-Ent and 4 Holes. They now reflect the type of store better.
    • Aquaan monsters have been removed from Newland. They were never supposed to be in this area.

All sounds interesting. I'm sure people will welcome the loss of Chaos Minions from Lush Be interesting to see what these new MOB camps are like...

Nano-Technician Changes:

• Four of the humidity extractors had faulty data and was only giving you nano for the first 30 minutes of the buff, rather than for the full 60 minutes. This has now been fixed so they will continue to be effective for the full 60 minutes. The affected nanos were "Boundless Humidity Extractor", "Personal Notum Harvester", "Efficient Humidity Extractor" and "Superior Humidity Extractor".

Well, its a start...

Trader Changes:

• Trader change: Trader health transfers have been changed in the following manner:
    • When the 50% PvP damage reduction was introduced, this lowered the damage inflicted upon the trader as well. This has been fixed, and trader's heal transfer nanos will inflict the correct amount of damage on the trader.
    • When using a team health transfer nano, a 15 second damage-over-time nano will be placed on the trader. During these 15 seconds, the trader will not be able to use that same team health transfer nano again, but is able to use a different team health transfer nano. For example, using "Premium Delayed Health Payment" will mean that you cannot cast that nano for another 15 seconds, but you could use "Exceptional Delayed Health Payment" during that time (which would then mean that you could not use "Exceptional Delayed Health Payment" for 15 seconds). The damage-over-time nano associated with each of the team health transfers will hit you for damage 5 times. Be aware that the damage-over-time nanos associated with each of the different team health transfers will stack with each other, so using multiple team transfers will be risky.

Known changes, is a long thread on the topic.

Fixer Changes:

• We are proud to introduce a new grid for the Fixers. They are the only ones able to use it, but in order to do so they must first solve a mission!
    • Added a new item that enables the Fixer to "fix" better nano skills for themselves.
    • Added a new line of heal-over-time nanos. These have a longer duration than your existing line (between 15 and 30 minutes), and stack with the existing line of HoT nanos. They heal less often than the existing line, but heal for more and with a tighter range.
    • The NCU cost on your existing HoT (Heal over time) buffs has been decreased.
    • The damage penalty associated with the run speed buffs has been removed.
    • Added team versions of the run speed buffs. These are slightly less effective than the single-target versions.
    • Added a line of team NCU buffs. These range from +20 at the lowest level to +250 at the highest. Note that these buffs are level limited - both for the Fixer executing the nano and the members of the team receiving the buff.
    • The "Minor Suppressor" line has been extended. There is now a line of SMG + burst combo buffs. They are self-only and executable only by Fixers.
    • The items summoned with the "Smuggler's Shipment", "Bootleg Blades'n Blunts" and "Bootlet Beamers'n Bolters" will now exist for 12 hours, rather than two. Additionally, the credit cost of summoning these items has been lowered dramatically.

Well, these all sound good, once it hits testlive, we'll see how the fixers there find it.

Martial Artist Changes:

• "Lesser Controlled Rage" now stacks with "First Strike."
    • "Healing Aura" now has the correct crystal icon (blue instead of red).
    • Added a minor form of crowd control, a short duration area of effect fear nano. It also operates as a taunt.
    • The first version of the "Shen" attack had some bogus data and was missing a damage type on the initial attack. This has been fixed and will inflict melee damage like the later versions.
    • The wall blade and parry stick have had their damage increased somewhat. Please note that these weapons are meant for defensive situations (e.g. when the Martial Artist tanks for a group), hence their damage output is not supposed to be comparable to what a Martial Artist does with fists or special weapons.
    • "Cohort" and "Horde" have been fixed and buff MAs in the team.
    • Martial Artists will now use their kick animation more often.

As if MAs needed more stuff - but all looks reasonable.

Agent Changes:

• The Agent hologram items that we introduced in the last patch have been fixed. They should now work properly.
    • The cool down periods associated with the "Sureshot" and "Concentration" lines are no longer reset on death - you have to wait out the full duration.

Just bugfixes then.

Adventurer Changes:

• Added three new lines of nano buffs. The first buffs 1h-edged weapon skill. The second buffs pistol skill. The third buffs both multi-melee and multi-range skills. All are self-only buffs. Check out the team mission boss monsters, they may drop one of these new nanos.
    • A number of nanos have been added. They are only possible to execute when in polymorph form.
    • Wolf form: a series of team auras (90sec refresh) that increase damage and evade skills. They are more effective on people also in wolf form. A series of large perception buffs (and minor evasion buffs) that can be run on others provided the target is also in wolf form.
    • Sabre tooth form: self-only short duration damage buffs that also increase attack and defensive skills and boost agg/def. These have a cool-down period of 2 or 3 minutes. A line of self-only instant-cast heals that can be used every 30sec or so.
    • Pit lizard: a couple of nukes. A single-target nuke that can be used every minute; an AoE (area of effect) nuke that can be used every two minutes; and an AoE DoT (damage over time) that can be used every five minutes. Note that during the cool down period of one of these nukes you cannot use another. And finally a self-only massive HP boost + HoT, that can be used every 20 minutes.
    • Added a series of secondary damage shield nanos. These stack with the normal damage shield nanos, increasing the amount of damage inflicted upon the attacker. You will need a damage shield of sufficient power up and running before you can run one of these damage shield upgrade nanos. Check out the boss monsters, they may drop one of these nanos.
    • Added a line of leet charms that are only useable when you are polymorphed into leet form. This line is purely for fun - and will allow you to charm a leet, eleet, leetas and finally a soleet. The charm is "permanent" (it lasts 12 hours), but the leet will not zone with you. Check out the boss monsters, they may drop one of the "Leet Friend" nanos.
    • The night vision effect from the adventurer's wolf and pit lizard polymorph has been removed.
    • Fly mode has been disabled from the pit lizard polymorphs, as it isn't working properly. The primary purpose of the pit lizard polymorphs is combat, and this was stopping it from being used in combat correctly.
    • The adventurers have gotten new deflection shield items usable only by them, which recycle faster than the normal ones. They have also received a "Flurry of Blows" look-alike item that recycles quicker. These are found in various places, and can be produced through trade-skill processes by kind friends of the Adventurer.
    • The adventurer now has some crowd control. It is a line of mesmerise nanos that can only be executed on the monster when the monster is not in combat mode. There is also a single area-affect version that can only be executed when outdoors (and will only affect monsters not in combat mode).

All sounds nice, now when will Enforcer's get 1he/2he buffs?

Soldier Changes:

• Soldier: "Phalanx" has been fixed and is now truly an AC buff affecting all soldiers in the team.

Another bugfix.

Other Changes:

• Zoning while flying now preserves altitude.
    • The "dribble down" rules for ranged energy weapons have been fixed. There was a bug that let the dribble down be 50% stamina and 50% sense. This has been changed to 40% sense, 40% psychic and 10% intelligence as the description defines.
    • Improved text, layout, colours, links and more in regards to the new help system.
    • We have implemented 4 new control options:
    • Auto-attack attacking monster with AGGDEF > 0. (Default ON)
    • Auto-target attacking monster when without target. (Default ON)
    • Auto-attack attacking player with AGGDEF > 0. (Default ON)
    • Auto-target attacking player when without target. (Default ON)
    • Using the stationary surgery clinics no longer locks treatment skills since that is no longer necessary.
    • Implemented some minor armour trade-skill processes.

Yes! All good (except your dribble-down only adds up to 90% ) - the new auto-attack switches are *most* welcome. Now where is the Enf stuff?
    Last edited by Darkbane; Jun 14th, 2002 at 11:42:03.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast