Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sound and Fury, Signifying Nothing

For the record, Keldros is neutral, one of the real ones and not just the Omni mercenaries posing as neutral to give the people of Borealis a bad name.

and yes, the Sentinels are not that different from Omni-Tek with censorship, dictatorship, etc. Luckily they've always been a fringe group, not part of the previous CoT.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    You claim too much credit for yourselves. Neutrals worked long and hard for their freedom. OT was quite divided and I remember Boss Ross had to make a personal donation.

When Loren Warr was rampaging through newland when Neutral guards took control of their own city. Their were plenty of Omnis around, but it was neutrals and clans fighting for neutral independence from Omni Mercenary Thugs.
    Are you quite sure about this statement Sallust? You don´t want to revise it or clarrify it somewhat?
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

...and you wonder why the pro-war Clans gained a lot of support.

Sallust,

There were were perhaps 3-4 key figures in the Newland Guards Initiative, namely:

Itel (neutral) who very much spearheaded the campaign.

Kithrak (Omni) who I believed coined the term NGI and who kept going even when most others had lost faith or interest in the cause.

Sumokan (neutral) who contracted RUR (Omni) to develop robot guards to replace the mercs in NLC. Though RUR was in the end not awarded the contract, this helped keep the issue in the foreground.

Phillip Ross (Omni) who provided the money to the Newland City Council to meet JAME's extortionate demands when all seemed lost.

That to mee looks very much like Omni-Neutral collaboration.

Though everyone was invited to take part in this effort regardless of faction, there was not a whole not a whole lot of Clan involvement as far as I recall, except on the very last day when there it came to shooting stuff. Which is ironic becasue in a way its the Clan who stood to the gain the most from this change.

But do feel free to re-write history as it suits you.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Keldros, if you are neutral, why does your talking sound so su****iously like the Omni-Tek propaganda I'm used to hear? From your word I assumed you were yet another Omni-Tek official.

So if you are really a neutral, some of my points would not apply to you. Consider my words against Omni-Tek not against you, but I am appaled that you take them personal. Are you sure you are neutral?

Frankly, neutrals are not my concern for as long as they stay out of this war which means, bluntly - for as long as they do not own Notum mines. As soon as they do, they are just a third - and very weak - power in this war, prone to be crushed by anyone at leisure.

I'm not talking nice here, I'm talking it like it is. I do not argument from a moral point of view. And my oppinion on neutrals should be quite well-known. I have doubts that you will be able to stay out of this conflict forever.

-D

Edit for an error.
    Last edited by Daimoness; Jul 22nd, 2004 at 20:02:19.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Daimoness
    And my oppinion on neutrals should be quite well-known.
    Indeed it is. I beleive the following quote is one of yours:

"We also believe that Neutrals no longer have a place among us. They have been sitting on the fence for too long. The time is now to decide - either they will be with us, or they are with the enemy."
    Savoy

Could be mine. Quotes without a context are always difficult to judge, but indeed - I do not see the neutrals to be able to uphold their neutrality, at least not the way they do it now.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Could be mine. Quotes without a context are always difficult to judge, but indeed - I do not see the neutrals to be able to uphold their neutrality, at least not the way they do it now.
    Well not all neutrals uphold their neutrality in the true sense regarding the conflict between Omni Tek and Clan. As far as the "Neutrals have no place amoung us..." comment. This way of thinking makes Clanners so hipocritical in thinking and acting out this way.....

So because neutrals want to live free and not choose a side in this conflict we are your enemies. Should Omni Tek loose their lease in the future do the Clans take their role as the evil oppressors and we neutrals take the role of the Clans fighting for our freedom?

And you wonder why some neutrals lean towards Omni Tek for support. They dont see us as enemies nor do they threaten our freedom. Might that be different if the Clans were eliminated from the equation? Possibly..

I'm very neutral.. I have allies on both sides Omni Tek and Clan.. the only side of this conflict I support is the one that strives for peace, and currently that side is not labeled Omni Tek nor Clan.. its the individuals that fight, pray, live and die each day for true peace, not power over a planet or control of notum mining.

Frankly, neutrals are not my concern for as long as they stay out of this war which means, bluntly - for as long as they do not own Notum mines. As soon as they do, they are just a third - and very weak - power in this war, prone to be crushed by anyone at leisure.
    This statement alone only shows greed and the need for power. There is no reason why mining notum has to be controlled by one person, side, government. It's the strive for power and greed that stops us from achieving peace on Rubi Ka. Whether it's OMni tek vs Clan or ancient battles between Redeemed and Unredeemed. Who is to say another race, corperation or third party may arrive to claim their right to the Notum in the future.

In my eyes clans stopped fighting for freedom long ago and started fighting for greed and power. Omni Tek has always been about greed and power so no surprise there. We will never have freedom on this planet as far as I can see.. at least not in my lifetime.

I have been labeled weak and an enemy for not taking someones side. At least I am free and I don't kill people for wealth and greed while claiming I fight for freedom.
    Last edited by Cyani; Jul 22nd, 2004 at 21:18:46.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

I'm not talking nice here, I'm talking it like it is. I do not argument from a moral point of view. And my oppinion on neutrals should be quite well-known. I have doubts that you will be able to stay out of this conflict forever.
    I could not have written a clearer explanation of why many Neutrals prefer to remain so. The Clans, which espouse so many different aims that they can agree on little other than that they are not Omni, do agree that they are the side that's for liberty. But what we see here is that, at least for some Clans, what passes for 'liberty' is 'liberty for the strong, for Might is Right.'

What is even more appalling about this is that it comes from one who has previously claimed that the power to govern comes from the consent of the governed. That's true, I suppose, so long as the governed can beat up on anyone who opposes them.

Neutrals will remain, even if Borealis and Newland City are razed and sown with salt, because neutrality is a state of mind, not a place. While it's true that Neutrals may be drawn into the conflict, I remind you that historically, they generally fight against the ones who attacked them. Choose wisely...
    Xavoneth "Keyth" Keytovansher
    Rubi-Ka Survey Office
    Laze-Daze Resort Developments, LLC

"If you want the fun, we'll find you the sun"

Originally posted by Cyani
    At least I am free and I don't kill people for wealth and greed while claiming I fight for freedom.
    That is what sets the Neutrals apart and one of the reasons I've enjoyed working with them on projects that benefits all of Rubi-Ka.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Keldros, if you are neutral, why does your talking sound so su****iously like the Omni-Tek propaganda I'm used to hear? From your word I assumed you were yet another Omni-Tek official.

So if you are really a neutral, some of my points would not apply to you. Consider my words against Omni-Tek not against you, but I am appaled that you take them personal. Are you sure you are neutral?
    Your words were addressed to me personally, not to Omni-tek. That should be reason enough for me to assume you were talking about me.

So you admit you are just as greedy as Omni-tek if not even more? You've just made it very clear that by "freedom" you mean "the ability to kill anyone we choose and steal their resources for profit."

If that's the case, don't you think the clans would be wiser in courting our favor rather than threatening to exterminate us?

[edit--addition since I somehow missed Sallust' post]

I have enjoyed working with organizations such as the Pilgrims, and I've actually been spending a considerable amount of time in Old Athen since Vanguard has become active there. I've even been thinking about contributing to the Old Athen restoration project.

If you look at the activities of the Sentinels, they may be an effective military force, but they fall far short of promoting ideals of freedom. Couple this with their apparent inability to think in the long term, and you have a disaster waiting to happen if they have their way.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jul 23rd, 2004 at 04:39:20.

To clarify some misconceptions:

Real neutrals do not fight, if they are really neutral they stay out of everything and will ultimately be at the mercy of the side that wins. If they choose to fight, they are not neutral, but a faction in this war. And then they will sooner or later have to ally with one of the others cause else they will be crushed for sure.

Fighting for neutrality sounds a bit strange, doesn't it? And trust me, both Omni-Tek and the clans would not attack any neutral if you just stopped intervening in the war.

This has nothing to do with high moral concepts. It is the logic of war. Wars are not fought for moral values - even though they have mostly played a role. But ehtics do not feed soldiers and do not make efficient weapons. For the time being, we fight to keep the pressure on Omni-Tek and at the same time trying to control as much land as possible.

I am not able to influence the major decision-makers on this planet, thus I am left to arrange myself within the situation at hand. And that is a war for resources and the control of land between Omni-Tek and the clans. The neutrals are so far no help to us, they are too unpredictable to be even considered friends.

And since quite some neutrals have started conquering land for themselves they are perceived more as a threat than a possible benefit by the clans. It is as simple as this - stay out of the line of fire and no one will bother you. Choose to conquer land and you're in the middle and sooner or later, the bullet from one side will hit you. No moral preachings, just the logics of war.

Call me greedy. Call my as bad as the enemy I fight. I fight for the side that is most likely to get me the results I want. And all wars have been fought for material gains in some way or the other. And distributing the spoils of this planet is what this war is about. Do we want a corporation to set the rules on how Notum is distributed - and reap the benefits - or do we rather want to be the ones who have a say in what happens here?

And if you accuse me for attacking neutrals - I don't. I have yet to use force against a neutral. I remember though being shot at in Newland by the city guards cause I dared use the wompah leading to/from that city. It amazes me that so many neutrals can still claim they are neutral without blushing.

If you want to fight, choose a side. If you don't, lay down your weapons and stay out of the war and I might even believe that you are neutral. The freedom of the neutrals that has been cited several times comes at the grace of Omni-Tek. Without the clans, they might choose to occupy Newland and Borealis at any time. They probably will not do that since they profit from your presence, but as soon as that changes, your status could change as well. Remember that Mr. Ross said on several occasions that he considers you employees to Omni-Tek.

My personal thoughts and concerns go beyond the current political and military situation that we have right now. Those that know me for a longer time know that I have talked and worked with the neutrals a lot, and even talked to Omni-Tek officials about the possibilities of a peace. But as I already mentioned - I am just another fighter in this war, albeit better with words than weapons. My expertise and my support has always been for the clan cause. Ultimately, I want to see this planet return to peace, with a stable federal government in place that allows us all to live in peace. Clans, neutrals and Mega-Corporations. If that is Omni-Tek or someone else, I do not care. All I care for is that no one but the people of this planet will make the rules of the game. And no longer someone from a planet lightyears away. Or the ICC.

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Real neutrals do not fight, if they are really neutral they stay out of everything and will ultimately be at the mercy of the side that wins. If they choose to fight, they are not neutral, but a faction in this war.
    We do not become a separate faction when we fight in self-defense.

Fighting for neutrality sounds a bit strange, doesn't it? And trust me, both Omni-Tek and the clans would not attack any neutral if you just stopped intervening in the war.
    Quite the contrary. The Sentinels have said they want to destroy us precisely because we weren't intervening in the war.

This has nothing to do with high moral concepts. It is the logic of war. Wars are not fought for moral values - even though they have mostly played a role. But ehtics do not feed soldiers and do not make efficient weapons. For the time being, we fight to keep the pressure on Omni-Tek and at the same time trying to control as much land as possible.
    (italics added)
    In other words, you fight for greed, not freedom.

I am not able to influence the major decision-makers on this planet, thus I am left to arrange myself within the situation at hand. And that is a war for resources and the control of land between Omni-Tek and the clans. The neutrals are so far no help to us, they are too unpredictable to be even considered friends.

And since quite some neutrals have started conquering land for themselves they are perceived more as a threat than a possible benefit by the clans. It is as simple as this - stay out of the line of fire and no one will bother you. Choose to conquer land and you're in the middle and sooner or later, the bullet from one side will hit you. No moral preachings, just the logics of war.
    Ah, but what about those groups that have held land since the ICC opened these sites up? My organization has never attacked anyone's towers, yet we're attacked by clans on a regular basis.
    [edit]Granted, these are typically upstart clans just looking for an easy target, rather than the ones seriously fighting Omni-tek. One or two of the larger clans have even helped us defend at times, and i'd like to thank them for that.

Call me greedy. Call my as bad as the enemy I fight. I fight for the side that is most likely to get me the results I want. And all wars have been fought for material gains in some way or the other. And distributing the spoils of this planet is what this war is about. Do we want a corporation to set the rules on how Notum is distributed - and reap the benefits - or do we rather want to be the ones who have a say in what happens here?

And if you accuse me for attacking neutrals - I don't. I have yet to use force against a neutral. I remember though being shot at in Newland by the city guards cause I dared use the wompah leading to/from that city. It amazes me that so many neutrals can still claim they are neutral without blushing.
    If you recall, quite a few of us didn't like those guards to begin with, and worked to get rid of them.

If you want to fight, choose a side. If you don't, lay down your weapons and stay out of the war and I might even believe that you are neutral. The freedom of the neutrals that has been cited several times comes at the grace of Omni-Tek. Without the clans, they might choose to occupy Newland and Borealis at any time. They probably will not do that since they profit from your presence, but as soon as that changes, your status could change as well. Remember that Mr. Ross said on several occasions that he considers you employees to Omni-Tek.
    I'm not the one who wants to fight here--the clans are the ones calling for a fight, and the part that puzzles me most is that so many want to make enemies rather than allies.

My personal thoughts and concerns go beyond the current political and military situation that we have right now. Those that know me for a longer time know that I have talked and worked with the neutrals a lot, and even talked to Omni-Tek officials about the possibilities of a peace. But as I already mentioned - I am just another fighter in this war, albeit better with words than weapons. My expertise and my support has always been for the clan cause. Ultimately, I want to see this planet return to peace, with a stable federal government in place that allows us all to live in peace. Clans, neutrals and Mega-Corporations. If that is Omni-Tek or someone else, I do not care. All I care for is that no one but the people of this planet will make the rules of the game. And no longer someone from a planet lightyears away. Or the ICC.
    My point is that any fighting beyond what is required for self-preservation is a waste of resources. Omni's lease will be up soon enough, and if the clans have something to show ICC besides war and destruction, the planet will likely be handed over to them instead of having Omni-Tek's lease renewed. I think the clans Vanguard, Gaia, New Dawn, and the Pilgrims will ultimately contribute the most towards clan success. I wouldn't trust either the Sentinels or Eco Warriors--they will likely be the downfall of the clans in the long run. Even if you were to defeat Omni-Tek, I'm willing to bet both of them would turn against the other clans the very next day.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jul 24th, 2004 at 01:11:08.

Originally posted by Keldros
    I'm not the one who wants to fight here--the clans are the ones calling for a fight, and the part that puzzles me most is that so many want to make enemies rather than allies.

My point is that any fighting beyond what is required for self-preservation is a waste of resources. Omni's lease will be up soon enough, and if the clans have something to show ICC besides war and destruction, the planet will likely be handed over to them instead of having Omni-Tek's lease renewed. I think the clans Vanguard, Gaia, New Dawn, and the Pilgrims will ultimately contribute the most towards clan success. I wouldn't trust either the Sentinels or Eco Warriors--they will likely be the downfall of the clans in the long run. Even if you were to defeat Omni-Tek, I'm willing to bet both of them would turn against the other clans the very next day.
    I hear you. This is a very refreshing change, finally someone else that sees what I am seeing! Good job.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I think perhaps, after viewing this discussion, its time to dismiss the gloves, and look at the real picture:

CLAN Basically we hate Omni guts, a deep rooted hate based and founded on actions performed by OT long ago. Not likely to go away soon. Not always rational, but always passionate.

NEUTRALS A nuisance in the middle....Boss Ross tolerates Neuts for as long as they stay out of the conflict. Are perceived by OT as their "property", and will most likely be allowed by OT to keep on their path as long as it serves OT purposes. No threat to Clan, hence pretty much left alone.

OMNI Basically hates Clan guts, and have done so since the outbreak. Attempts numerous "rosey campaigns" to sweeten their PR campaign and self-justification, but the hate and dislike shines through. Antipathy not well hidden. After the initial genocide attempt failed, OT have tried to patch things up, however very poorly.

This basically sums things up....not a pretty picture when you look at it. Now...can we do something about it? That will be my question.
    No need for fancy words and devious rhetoric here...what is the basic will of the people of Rubi-Ka?
    Anyone?
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Nice attempt, especially the bit about not needing devious rhetoric. Now, for some minor corrections.

Originally posted by Cogs
    NEUTRALS A nuisance in the middle....Boss Ross tolerates Neuts for as long as they stay out of the conflict. Are perceived by OT as their "property", and will most likely be allowed by OT to keep on their path as long as it serves OT purposes. No threat to Clan, hence pretty much left alone.
    Unless you happen to be part of the Sentinels, then the last sentence becomes invalid. In addition, Omni-Tek does not view Neutrals as property, regardless of clan propaganda. In the eyes of the ICC, the Neutral population of Rubi-Ka are considered to have the same legal status as Omni-Tek employees. In accordance to the conditions of the lease, they are entitled to certain benefits and privileges that we as a corporation must offer. It is entirely up to them if the wish to take advantage of them.

Read the original documents and make your own decision. If you disagree with Neutrals being considered to have the same status legally as Omni-Tec employees, your issue is with the ICC, not the Corporation.

OMNI Basically hates Clan guts, and have done so since the outbreak. Attempts numerous "rosey campaigns" to sweeten their PR campaign and self-justification, but the hate and dislike shines through. Antipathy not well hidden. After the initial genocide attempt failed, OT have tried to patch things up, however very poorly.
    Mistakes were made on both sides, Cogs. Also, on the charge of genocide is a strong one. Not exactly a claim I would make if I wanted to make friends or encourage discussion. I hope you have convincing evidence to support your claims, and justifications for your side’s actions in the past.

This basically sums things up....not a pretty picture when you look at it. Now...can we do something about it? That will be my question.
    No need for fancy words and devious rhetoric here...what is the basic will of the people of Rubi-Ka?
    Anyone?
    Simple as I can make it: I’m waiting for a leader of the clans who is willing to discuss this matter for the long haul. I’m hoping for a leader of the clans who is willing to make compromises to achieve their goals. I’m praying for a leader of the clans who can bring order to their faction, and introduce a new era to Rubi-Ka.

So far, I’ve been disappointed.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Cogs,

I don't exactly agree with your summary of the sides, but I accept it was written in good faith.

Both Omni and Clan have thier hawk and doves. The key problem facing the peace process is that when push comes to shoves, the doves will set loaylty to their side above simple right and wrong and back the hawks of their faction.

We need to reconginse that the forces who desire peace, both Omni or Clan, have more in commom with each other than with the warmongers of their own side. We must isolate the hardliners, not given them our unconditional, implicit support just becasue an accident of history has put us on the same side. People have to start thing thinking for themselves rather than allow their actions to be dictated by fear or habit.

How can this be done in pactice?

1. Isolate the hardliners. Do not support the hardliners of your side just becasue they are on your side.

2. Establish regular talks between the doves of all sides. Let's issue joint statemetns of condemnation when either Omni or Clan commit attrocities, show the world that morality is neither blue or red.

3. Work together to come up with a list of conditions that would allow for a cease fire. Let's sit down and consider what concrete and realistic concessions from the other side would be sufficient to stop the killing. This document may not have any official weight but it would clarify in many peopel's minds what exactly we are fighting for and it could serve as a basis for further negotiations by the authorites.

And please, never forget, anyone pushing for war is doing the dirty work of the Dust Brigade!

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Jul 28th, 2004 at 12:09:52.

Well, as with most things regarding OT and their minions, they sometimes act under the bizarre misaprehension that they are not minions, but active representatives of the corporation with plentipotentiary powers. They are not, regardless of what their little Phillip Ross fan clubs might lead you to believe. Sycophants all, they presume to speak for him, or dare to actually try to make us believe that they have understanding of the machinations of Herr Ross, which they do not.

Despite the CoT's reluctance to actually show some sort of activity, what OT personnel think about it means nothing. Since OT's charter falls under what the ICC have allowed them to do within it, and since the ICC has recognized Clan as a legitimate political organization, we don't care what OT rank-and-file people have to say about it. Just because the Clan political organization does not resemble the one that signed the Tir Accord previously also means nothing. The fact that the rebels have been recognized as the rulers of the areas we currently hold (de facto and de jure) is enough.

Simply stated, in legal terms, Clan governs itself in the areas that Clan holds. Not that we Clanners give much of a hoot about what the ICC thinks either. Their activities in the past hold profit as king, and not the rights of the individual. Belabour the point with lawyering ballyhoo from the past all you like, it means nothing. The current situation holds true insofar as how the governing of this planet is divided, your "contracts" and "binding agreements" and "leases" and whatever other neat little factoids might bring you mean nothing to Clan. Enjoy your scholarly little debates about this note or that blurb in history. A speck of dust in the flow of time.

As for those who shout the loudest about how Clan needs to give THEM a representative that THEY can negotiate with or that they APPROVE of, they seem to assume powers they simply don't have. We all know Boss Ross doesn't work that way. My way or the highway in Omni-Tek, and that's the Omni-Tek way as ruled by Phil Boy. So really, as we continue to read how all of these commentaries are supposed to actually mean anything, they do not. Clan does what Clan wants, how Clan wants to do it and when Clan wants to do it. Simple as that. A free organization that makes it's own rules as it sees fit. Subscribe to it or don't.

Must be hard for average Omni-Tek lickspittle to understand. The power of the word NO. We are not held answerable to Omni-Tek, nor anyone else. We don't listen to you, because we don't care what you think, how you govern yourselves or how you decide to form in your political groups. Oh, I forget myself sometimes...you don't have any. Sorry
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Maybe its time Mr Joshuacrime was leashed down once and for all? Its obvious to me he helps no one anymore.

Do you all think I, as a Omni Tek employee, and all others striving for peace negotiations enjoy statements as the one below.

<Statement Joshuacrime>
    "So really, as we continue to read how all of these commentaries are supposed to actually mean anything, they do not. Clan does what Clan wants, how Clan wants to do it and when Clan wants to do it. Simple as that. A free organization that makes it's own rules as it sees fit. Subscribe to it or don't. <Statement End>

What you are telling me Joshuacrime is there are no point what so ever trying to reason with and make guidelines for all with the clans. The clans will throw those guidelines aside as they see fit.
    You are telling me, Joshuacrime, that you clanners never have and never will abide by any laws set by anyone. That be Omni Tek, ICC, CoT or anyone. You are telling me all clanners should, and will do, as they see proper at any given time. For the sake of our planet and future I hope most clanners dont share your total disrespect for law and authority. And by law,this time, I dont mean Omni Tek law. I mean all laws anywhere.

At times like this, when the dark forces of the clans show theyre face, I wake up from my dreams of co-existence.

As usual, other than spewing out hes anger and despair, Joshuacrime "****e" it all up with hes usual bad-mouthing of Mr.Ross and Omni Tek employees in general. The tactic he uses is well known and have proven somewhat effective on the under-educated social layers within the clans. Dont let it fool you anymore though. Argumenting like Joshuacrime does will lead us all straight into a firestorm of war and destruction like this planet have never seen before. There are forces on both sides of the fence this time witch have power alone to obliterate hundreds of men and women in minutes, why even seconds. So lets not rock the boat to hard!!

In order to make things happen together the first step is to treat eachother with respect.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I hardly think that is the point...

Once again, not being able to discern hard statements from colorful aliteration would make one believe that I am "MAARTENS, EVIL CLAN WARLORD WITH FIREBALLS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH" or some such.

No, if you would carefully digest what has been written here, you will find that my statements are designed with some shock value that enhances my main point. Which is that, despite what Omni employees might feel would be a good idea for the rest of Omni to do, they have no say in the matter. We have heard it time and again that Phillip Ross rules the Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka and does so in the manner that HE sees fit. None of what any of you say (as good as it might sound to me or as sensible and level-headed as it might seem, some exceptions remain) matters to what the corporation is going to do. No, that path is set in stone by one man. He tells you to march, you march, or you'll find yourself in a stockade with some of your burly faction-mates learning all about how reproduction cannot occur between members of the same gender in humans.

In addition, there is some blanket truth in my statement. I, as a Clanner, am NOT bound by the Council of Truth, because I am a free man, and I choose my path and where I will go. I am not bound by a corporate agreement with the Council or any of the other clan factions that may not be aligned with the Council. The Council will NOT rule this planet as Omni-Tek does, or there will be another rebellion. As I may choose who to listen to and who I will allow to lead me, regardless of who that might be, I am still a member of Clan. My soul is my own. If I say that the Council no longer has my interests in their actions, then I will distance myself from it. But I will always be Clan. In my ethos, being a Clanner means the ability to say NO to authority when said authority does not act with my best interests in mind.

Furthermore, since there is a seperation of political zones on this planet, whatever Omni-Tek employees feel that Clan needs to do to prove to them that Clan has a government that you can "negotiate" with has no bearing on anything we say and do. It's quite simple actually. Omni-Tek has never, does not and will never negotiate with Clan as an equal. It merely does so as if Clan were a nuisance that unfortunately has more cards than is capable of being wiped off of the poker table at the moment. The minute that Omni-Tek can remove this virus from it's little corporate plan, it will do so with no compunction as to how many are killed, what it destroys or what is left over when they are done. I have about as much faith in Omni-Tek delivering to the people that currently represent the faction of Clanners that desire peace with Omni-Tek any semblance of a real peace plan. This is merely a quiet time where a weakness is being waited for by the soldiers, police and thugs of Omni-Tek.

When I see some real strides for peace on the side of Omni-Tek, such as the fact that I, walking to the front of Omni-1, with no weapons wielded, will still get my head blown off my shoulders with nothing more than a "You shouldn't have come here, Maartens!" for my troubles. Even if I stripped myself completely of any kind of offensive armaments, I would still be killed on sight by your guards. Our guards would do the same to you. Once these sorts of things are removed from the playground, then I will believe that a "peace" is within our grasp. Or when, after a time of defending your Notum Tower Mining system from the opposing faction, you walk through a city which has nothing to do with the previous engagement, only to find the opposing faction waiting behind an alley and tears said person to shreds with no more reason than their own bloodthirst.

I see evidence of war, strife, death and destruction on a daily basis between our factions. Mr. Naefen, even if you wanted to negotiate a peace between Omni-Tek and Clan (which I highly doubt given some of your previous statements), you simply cannot. You do not have the authority. Nor does any other Omni employee that answers these things we write in here.
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast