Thread: Anyone actually having fun with the concealment changes in PvP?

Anyone actually having fun with the concealment changes in PvP?

Is anyone having any fun with the 14.2 concealment changes in PvP? Please note that when I say fun, I don't mean ganking.

Rather than whine and complain for a while (since I figure everyone already knows the huge problems with the concealment buggy behavior and the exponentially increased frequency of ganking), I was hoping to get some positive experiences with concealment in PvP.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

ITS FUN!!!!

I love it i dont use it much but it make PvP more unpredictable and interesting. I kinda enjoy walking in 2Ho and then geting 2-3 guys who came out of shadows and fire at me and then 2-3 claners who also were cloaced come to help me

Just lets make mroe pvp zones and hunting ground with uber XP in 25% zones
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I enjoy mooning people in BS because almost no one can break my whopping 128 conceal (rk2).
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

i use concealment all the time to sneak up on ppl. (sux being meelee class)
    gives me a couple of free hits b4 they notice im there. =D

I think it sucks. Just my opinion though, I think PvP sucks in general too, at least the way it works now. But I'm not so worried about it.

But bottom line, this nerf/fix has brought pvp down to who has the best conceal and perception. Which I can't imagine was meant to be the 2 main skills in PvP.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

I don't know if it has to do with the concealment changes, but since they happend I havn't seen any pvp. None at all besides a little arena dueling.

This is rk2, and pvp has always been half dead. But lately it's been totally dead .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I hate it

-Georg
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I think it's really stupid, everyone sneaking around hidden.

Maybe ok if agents can do it, but everyone?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Its damn fun!. Sure getting ganked by a few hidden enforcers is the pits but its adds another element to the game. It allows you to do funny things as well.

eg) You all know Hunter06 likes to run from grid to bunker and back in 2h0 and not really fight anyone. Well my solution was to go into sneak mods and stand right in front of the grid terminal. Sure as anything, Hunter06 comes running back from the bunker. At the last second i unsneak and he ends up opening a trade with me instead. Unfortunatly he realzed this after a few seconds JUST before his grace time was up and i could open fire. Hehehe
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

I've been trying to integrate sneaking into my PvP and I have yet to figure out a way to make it fun (fun, not just funny). Everytime I attack someone who doesn't know I'm around, I feel like I'm ganking. Strangely, this is even true when I am really bored, and I decide to randomly attack folks who are either obviously teamed or 40 levels higher than me.

I have definitely noticed that with the introduction of sneaking, people have been teaming or group ganking a lot more often. I know it's insurance for when you get sneak ganked, but that is taking some of the fun out of PvP. It's hard enough to get a balanced match when it's just 1v1. It's even harder to get a balanced match when there are more than 2 people involved.

Oh well. I guess I'll keep trying to find something fun.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus