Thread: why we get the nerfs..

Post why we get the nerfs..

funcom is basing all their nerfs to classes because of pvp.
    thats the only reason people come to the boards and complain about classes is pvp.

you will never see someone come complaining saying "this enforcer in my team hits way too hard on mobs, please nerf enforcers."

therefore funcom is only nerfing based on pvp so in mob combat these nerfs affect everyone.

anyone can come to the boards and complain that this class is to strong etc etc, maybe if you used all the options of your own character and spent a little more time in developing it you wouldnt always be coming here complaining about others beating you up. its called strategy to win pvp, no one is gonna point out step by step how to beat another class, you find it out yourself.

but my point is all these nerfs are pvp based and they are ruining the other 90% of the game. im 137 agent and i myself could care less about pvp, its something i do when im highly bored

anyone can come to the boards and complain that this class is to strong etc etc, maybe if you used all the options of your own character and spent a little more time in developing it you wouldnt always be coming here complaining about others beating you up. its called strategy to win pvp, no one is gonna point out step by step how to beat another class, you find it out yourself.

1) soldiers 75% reflect shield

how you gonna use strategy on that? (ie they nerfed it)

2) agenst ONE SHOT KILLS and soldiers ONE SHOT KILLS

Now, to your point. The reason PVP is not very popular in AO (that 10% you speak of is pretty generous) is because pvp is not working very well. It needs a LOT of work. If pvp worked well that 10% would become30% or 40%.

At the moment 0% of the people use team missions as they are broken. When they are fixed you will see a large number of people using them!

You know the conclusion, but you dont know the reasons.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: why we get the nerfs..

Originally posted by Phionna

I agree with this wholeheartedly. People base too many opinions of PvP on the little one on one battles that happen in 2ho and the arenas. And most of the time they don't even know the extent of their opponent's preparation.

You can take even a Fixer and gather enough high level buffs to make he/she a force in PvP. Just run around omni e and get pre-combat conditioning, vuln seeker, and an essence. Then bolt into Stret E, blast some NT with your overequipped mausser, and watch the accusations of Fixers being ungodly overpowered pile up.

And pretty soon, no soup for Fixers.

No boosted range for NTs...

No better SMGs for Fixers...

No better shotguns for Traders...

No enhancements for Soldiers...

No love for Enforcers...

Yadda, yadda... and PvM suffers.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

enforcers dont want funcom love, we are fine

THEY BREAK EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH.

New stuff would be cool, not being broken would be cooler

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Hmm...

What NERF's are you talking about specifically? Your post makes it sound like every single NERF was due to PvP, and that is not true.

The NERF's are about game balance.

As an example, As Yazule mentioned, MK Shield needed to be "fixed".

This wasn't just PvP. People were killing NPC's way beyond their lvl. In fact that fix HELPED PvM, because you no longer see groups of soldiers killing "uber NPC's". Instead they are in groups, groups that you might be a part of and benefit from having a soldier in the group.

Also, if any class can lvl too fast due to game mechanics (the MK Shield fix is a good example), it hurts game balance, and that needs to be fixed.

Also, anything that hurts game balance hurts you further in PvM. If a certain class is known to have a serious advantage or be able to use a bug, unless you are that class, you may have more difficulty getting invited to groups.

People want to feel like they belong and are needed and that they provide some benefit (Role Play).

The following from your post is indirectly incorrect:

<incorrect>
    you will never see someone come complaining saying "this enforcer in my team hits way too hard on mobs, please nerf enforcers."
    </incorrect>

I have read many posts where someone felt they were in a gimped class because they were in a group and saw someone from another class absolutely owning everything in site, while they were struggling to survive greens. I have also read many posts where that person thought the other class was overpowered in some way.

Skara

Originally posted by Yazule
    [B]

1) soldiers 75% reflect shield

2) agenst ONE SHOT KILLS and soldiers ONE SHOT KILLS

1.) Shield only last a few secs. Wait till it fades then knock them to RK2. This has been to done successfully to me and I have done this successfully to others. This was before the nerfed/patched it.

2.) completely agree soldiers shouldn't be able to ONE SHOOT so efficiently. agents on the other hand were built to snipe. maybe they could have just lowered the crit mod on it so it didn't obliterate the opponent all the time. how many times can you nail someone in the head effectively in heated combat? =). enforcers also could do as much damage. DIMACH/BRAWL before patch this worked quite efficiently. most of these issues revolved around the twinks and pvp 75-200.

Good points. but how far are they going to go nerfing another profession because a different one feels the game is imbalanced? They are leveling faster than me. They are killing me too fast. kinda funny. oh well just my opinion.
    Josef "Dumbasbricks" Gruesbeck
    Sin-Tek Inc. Employee
    a division of Omni-Tek Hyper Corp.
    "I'm just a nobody... So don't mind me much." ~ me

"I pity the weak for when they fall they are forgotten... the strong may fall... but they are forever remembered." ~ me again

Originally posted by Dumbasbricks

1.) Shield only last a few secs. Wait till it fades then knock them to RK2. This has been to done successfully to me and I have done this successfully to others. This was before the nerfed/patched it.

2.) completely agree soldiers shouldn't be able to ONE SHOOT so efficiently. agents on the other hand were built to snipe. maybe they could have just lowered the crit mod on it so it didn't obliterate the opponent all the time. how many times can you nail someone in the head effectively in heated combat? =). enforcers also could do as much damage. DIMACH/BRAWL before patch this worked quite efficiently. most of these issues revolved around the twinks and pvp 75-200.

Good points. but how far are they going to go nerfing another profession because a different one feels the game is imbalanced? They are leveling faster than me. They are killing me too fast. kinda funny. oh well just my opinion.
    As your levels go up the shields timers got longer, maybe you didnt know that.

as far as snipers go, this is a game where people fight people. If one class can ONE SHOT KILL YOU 90% of the time then it is not balanced and EVERYONE will be that class.. Now, if you want to talk about one shot kills then lets say that whenever someone gets next to an agent he cant use his gun. After all he has his scope set up, and on a tripod, I just got in FRONT OF THE BARREL! Now the agent has to get out a pistol to defend himself from the guy next to him.

As you can see that just dont work, and agents would have hated it. Dont try to make real world comairisons with"snipers" and agents. As far as an enforcer doing that kind of damage lemme tell you that I have pvp'd an enforcer since level 20 or so and NEVER have I outright killed someone. Yes we can hit hard, but NOT instakill.

another reason for the agent nerf was that they would hang out on top of buildings, so that even if they did not get a one shot kill you had to find them, and if you were melee there was no way to hit them anyway. This was sad. No risk, no reward... was not true of the agents

All in all they WANT pvp to work, and it is broken. If they make pvp secondary then a lot of people will leave including myself. I payed for a game that was pvp based and that is what I want. *shrugs*.

The reason such a few people pvp is because it is broken.

If all there is to do is team hunt the same spawn over and over (I have gotten to the point that I see that there is not much more to hunt reasonably) or do missions over and over, then the game is dead to me.

and give me a story damnit, RK2 is the redheaded stepchild of AO

Sorry I ranted, no offense to anyone posting, just plain upset about the state of AO

ROFLOL

Storyline? Oh make your own! *snicker*

I once saw a person out in the wilderness on Rk2. I tried to get a screenshot but they were gone too fast. Then I went back to my post guarding the world from omni invaders. (standing in the middle of nowhere eating small pebbles and mumbling something about MA's needing 2HE MA weapons)

Originally posted by Yazule

As your levels go up the shields timers got longer, maybe you didnt know that.

I am in fact fully aware of it. =)

as far as snipers go, this is a game where people fight people. If one class can ONE SHOT KILL YOU 90% of the time then it is not balanced and EVERYONE will be that class.. Now, if you want to talk about one shot kills then lets say that whenever someone gets next to an agent he cant use his gun. After all he has his scope set up, and on a tripod, I just got in FRONT OF THE BARREL! Now the agent has to get out a pistol to defend himself from the guy next to him.

As you can see that just dont work, and agents would have hated it. Dont try to make real world comairisons with"snipers" and agents. As far as an enforcer doing that kind of damage lemme tell you that I have pvp'd an enforcer since level 20 or so and NEVER have I outright killed someone. Yes we can hit hard, but NOT instakill.

another reason for the agent nerf was that they would hang out on top of buildings, so that even if they did not get a one shot kill you had to find them, and if you were melee there was no way to hit them anyway. This was sad. No risk, no reward... was not true of the agents

All in all they WANT pvp to work, and it is broken. If they make pvp secondary then a lot of people will leave including myself. I payed for a game that was pvp based and that is what I want. *shrugs*.

The reason such a few people pvp is because it is broken.

If all there is to do is team hunt the same spawn over and over (I have gotten to the point that I see that there is not much more to hunt reasonably) or do missions over and over, then the game is dead to me.

and give me a story damnit, RK2 is the redheaded stepchild of AO

Sorry I ranted, no offense to anyone posting, just plain upset about the state of AO
    No offense taken... and none intended. Great points made and I am going to play the Devil's Advocate for a bit. Agent crit mods would greatly decrease the depending on how close the target was. In fact when I played my agent at game launch I couldn't 'aim'd shot' anyone in pvp or even a mob when i got too close... said something of target being aware of your presence. Getting back to a point I been shot a few times by an agent camp'd in a building. Died 4 times to this if I remember correctly... I think twice I was able to get away. Yes this was frustrating and yes I was swearing endlessly when it happened but that's just the way games go. I'd really live up to my name if I stuck around trying to find him while he took more shots at me... =).

Enforcers.... good point and one perhaps I should have pointed out. Dimach/Brawl isn't insta-kill it's 2 moves and it actually takes another 3-4 wields of regular damage after that to finish you off.

PVP is quite broken. Yes very much so. But it wasn't really so much on the professions side (there were a few blatant fixes that needed to be done but not to the extent that has taken place). It was more on the game environment and planning that needed work. The game environment isn't as dynamic as I pictured it to be when I bought the game. =( But I figured those were just my misconceptions and I thought too highly of the game... maybe more than what it was... just maybe.

PVP skirmishes are clouded by dueling gods who think highly of themselves, team gankers, and the occasional people who roleplay. Sad to say we have no meaning in the end to PVP since there isn't a valid game reward... gaining of territory or such. Damn I almost forgot we aren't at war. *grin*

Rant rant rant... I do apologized for the length of my whining.

Have fun out there...
    Josef "Dumbasbricks" Gruesbeck
    Sin-Tek Inc. Employee
    a division of Omni-Tek Hyper Corp.
    "I'm just a nobody... So don't mind me much." ~ me

"I pity the weak for when they fall they are forgotten... the strong may fall... but they are forever remembered." ~ me again