Thread: Formal Apology

Formal Apology

To the Council of Truth,
    And in all due respect to Henry Radiman,

The Omni-Tek guild 'The Dark Carnival' is hereby issuing a formal apology to the Council of Truth, and a personal apology to Henry Radiman. Over the past week, one of the members of the Dark Carnival violated the amnesty agreement issued by Omni Administration. The violation of this included the attempted assassination of Henry Radiman, as well as undermining the amnesty and the efforts that the Council of Truth and Omni-Tek are making toward a lasting peace. Our intentions were flawed, our actions were futile, and our loyalty is questionable. In doing this, we exceeded our authority and may have permanently put a damper on these peace talks. We respectfully and humbly ask however, that you do not let these actions reflect on Omni-Tek. The Dark Carnival guild acts on its own accord, and its actions definitely do not reflect those of Omni Administration.

To the Council of Truth: We apologize for undermining the good will of the Council of Truth for allowing these talks to be held in Omni HQ. We violated the stone solid peace and tranquility which surrounds Omni-1 by our actions, and in doing that, put your efforts, your citizens, and your politicians in mortal danger. We know a simple apology cannot possibly make up for this, however it is my personal hope that this will at least lay one proverbial brick on a foundation of trust which will surely take a long time to rebuild.

To Henry Radiman: A member of our guild made an attempt on your life, but you held true to your hopes that a peace could be established and met with Omni-Tek Chairman Ross regardless of his actions. Your bravery is certainly commendable, and your commitment to peace is unwavering. We hope that Chairman Ross will note that you are willing to go the extra mile to see peace through. Our apology to you sir, and we wish you good health and long life.

In closing, we know the Clans and Omni-Tek have their differences. It's profound and confusing to understand how our moral fibers have grown so far apart, and we wonder if peace simply a matter of stepping forward and declaring that you will not fight any longer. We have declarations in difference, but even then, two great men can work against all odds for the hope of one-day seeing a world where Clan and Omni-Tek can live together in peace. We salute these men for their efforts.

Guild Chairman Truwind
    The Dark Carnival
    Truwind
    134th Doc
    Director of Dark Carnival
    Slayer of Snarf and his Merry men
    Destoyer of Destux and his gimps

I wouldn't say your moral fibers grew apart from the clans. I'd say they shifted, some falling in place parrallel with the some clan terrorists.

Only difference between you and them is who pays your salary.

There are four groups on Rubi-Ka.

Omnis
    Clans
    Neutrals
    Terrorists

You fall in the last group, and this apology does not mask it at all.

So in a few hours you were able to retract what you said at the trial, change all your member's way of thinking, and decide to ignore your promises of future retribution.

I wish it was possible to believe someone can turn 180 in their beliefs, but knowing your apparant convictions that you expressed at the trial it is not possible to change quite so quick.

Once a traitor... always a traitor.

MR Fallout:

Need I remind you that OmniTek has made Tuwind repent. This formal excuse is the proof of that. To doubt in Truwinds sincernes in this matter is to doubt in OmniTek. Do not make the same mistake as Truwind earlier did, to question OmniTeks decisions.

Mrs Truwind has now repentet, and will, according to OmniTek, be looked upon as yet another loyal employee, till she proofs otherwise.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Oshovah

Father Chagidiel...

There are five separate factions on this planet...

You for one should know this, for I have spoken with you...

The five factions:

Omni
    Clan
    Neutral
    Terrorists
    RubiKa, the Shovah´s.

I know of this, and as far as I am concerned, there should be no resons for these factions to raise war aginst one and each other. If all, and everyone only were to listen to our great protector, OmniTek, this whole mess would soon be ended.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Not to question The Dark Carnival or Truwind's loyalty (cough) but if they're truly repentent, how could they let a known criminal, and one so recently fired, back into their fold so quickly? That doesn't seem so repentent to me. I guess following in true Corporate form, it's about as repentent as offering "unconditional amnesty for all registered and unregistered members and supporters – both political and military – of the illicit rebel clans of Rubi-Ka" and then capturing and imprisoning Portman, a Clan leader. Wait, has anyone seen or heard from Radiman since this supposed "meeting" and "foiled assassination attempt?" Make that two Clan leaders.

Oh wait, I forgot we're dealing with a maniacal, power-hungry, deceitful, massive corporation only out for profit.

My mistake.
    Last edited by Luxxan; Dec 7th, 2001 at 21:42:20.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth