Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, I just had to...

Sorry, I just had to...

Well, after remembering this kind of stuff in the FreeBSD documentation, I couldn't help but wanting to come up with this. Feel free to add stuff/correct stuff/ignore this completly

How much members of the AO community does it takes to change a lightbulb ?

- 3242 players to send various infuriated /petitions about the missing lightbulb.

- all 30 ARKs and GMs to answer randomly one petition out of 100, saying either that "we're aware of it, just live with the darkness" or
    "are you sure it's really broken ? Have you tried to leave the room and come back to see if it makes the lightbulb work again ?"

- 1 FC designer to nerf all the other, working lightbulbs, making them half as bright as before.

- 1 FC guy on the forums to explain that nerf by the fact that bright lightbulbs could be used to exploit sometimes by letting you see around, and thus avoiding to bump into every piece of furniture in the room.

- 1 FC designer to provide the fixer a new line of nanos, summon lightbulb. It requires to raise matter creation by 421 points, and let you summon a random model of lightbulb. It will last only one minute, and you have 1 chance out of thirty to summon the suitable type of lightbulb.

- 1 guy from themis group to add the description of the above in the next patch's release notes, followed by "Summon that lightbulb, baby"

- 1 FC designer to come up with a complete new line of trade skills to let you make your own lightbulbs. Unfortunately, they're broken and let you create only non-fonctional lightbulbs. Rejoice however, because they sell for 10 credits more than the parts used to make them.

- 1 FC programmer to put a patched lightbulb on the test server.

- all of the 10 players of the testserver to find out that the new lightbulb is as non fonctional as before, plus now when you leave any other room in the world, some of the lightbulbs inside will drop on the floor.

- 10 players to report on the test-server bugs forum that the new lightbulb doesn't work.

- 1 FC manager to give the order to put the new patch on live the next day.

- 3242 players to send various infuriated /petitions about the still broken lightbulb.

- all 30 ARKs and GMs to answer randomly one petition out of 100, saying either that "we're aware of it, just live with the darkness" or
    "are you sure it's really broken ? Have you tried to relog to see if it makes the lightbulb work again ?"

- 1 FC programmer to spend three nights in a row to try to fix the lightbulb code.

- 1 FC programmer to double the ACs of lightbulbs to make them less likely to break when they drop on the floor.

- 97 players to complain that fixers will be uber now that they have that summon lightbulb nano, and making random suggestions to make their own class uber instead.

- 157 players posting long rants about the absence of a functional lightbulb, and they pay for that, and FC can't even replace a lightbulb, and they have their finger on the cancel button, and they leave, and FC and AO should die.

- 139 of the aforementioned players still posting about various other stuff on the official forums 1 week later.

hehe
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

ahhhh... thats good

fixer humor, cant beat it.

summon that wit baby
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Question how many fixers did it take

to write that post?

none i think,

MORB doesnt have any fixer toons does he?

Oh well, its still funny
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Talking

Hahahhaha...real funny...and very close to reality

As funny as it is.....I have the feeling a lot of ppl see this as the reality lately

thats hilarious!!!!

.....sad thing is, so much of it seems to be based in reality

Arrow

now this is the post of the year.

Talking Re: Sorry, I just had to...

LOL!

Originally posted by MORB
    - 1 FC guy on the forums to explain that nerf by the fact that bright lightbulbs could be used to exploit sometimes by letting you see around, and thus avoiding to bump into every piece of furniture in the room.
    Actually, it takes two for that job...

Cz

Ok...who has been leaking top secret Funcom information?

I knew that lightbulb would cause trouble.

(Great post)
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Talking :)

Thanx for a very funn post
    It´s been a long time since I could laugh at something AO related.

haha
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Talking ROFL

that really "brightened" my day!! Yuk yuk yuk...

Ugh, that comment of mine was so bad, I am going to delete it...

*typical blonde, presses delete AFTER pressing enter*

sigh
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

:)

Bloody hilarious mate
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

re

It's funny, but it's true

REaly

realy?
    lvl 20 athox of RB1

haha, I can't stop laughting

very good post!
    Azzazzimon