Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clans Step Up Attacks On Omni-1

This doesn't happen often, Keyth, but I am speechless. Pure genius!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Savoy
    It does cut both ways Ben, you are quite right. The point however is that over the past three years while most other cities have upgraded, we Omni have lagged behind. As such we have become a soft target.

Now I don't much care whther it's the Dust Brigade or some other Clan, the Cyborgs, bored Omni misfits or the Lobester Men from the Deep who are going postal in Omni towns. I just want it stopped.

Savoy
    Savoy I will agree that your guards do need some additional training and improved equipment. However the news bulletin is "Clans step up attacks on Omni-1", it is not "Does Omni-1 need new guards?". So as I said, less biased reporting, plzkthxbye

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

And why shouldnt a solution be fitting in this thread Ben?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Fixerben

Savoy I will agree that your guards do need some additional training and improved equipment. However the news bulletin is "Clans step up attacks on Omni-1", it is not "Does Omni-1 need new guards?". So as I said, less biased reporting, plzkthxbye
    Biased reporting? What should it say? "Clans and Omnis Step Up Attacks on Omni-1?" Should we make up something else just so your Clanner feelings aren't hurt? "Oh, boo-hoo-hoo! The big bad Omnis are saying only Clanners attack Omni-1!" Well, who the heck else is doing it? I know one thing is for sure, some stinky, goat-head-wearing Clanner who has a clever wit ("Omni sux!") sure has been hanging around Entertainment a lot lately. From my observations, the reporting is very accurate and unbiased.
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 16th, 2004 at 13:13:46.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Don´t pick on the guards Nevver. They are doing their best with the training and equipment they have. We need to update both to a higher standard me thinks, and give them some added punch for when larger groups come in. Say a pair of Slayerdroids per squad or something.

And as Fixerben pointed out. This is going on on both sides.

How ever, Borehound. Your logic is the exact reason why this "war" is still going on. One or a few on either side just can´t let it go, so they jump the other side and cause problem. The other side then decides to "get even Steven" and strikes out blindly, hurting people that had nothing to do with it in the first case. These people then become scared and hurt and demand something be done about the other side running rampant.... and so it goes on and on and on. Go after the sniper specificly, or if you must, his detatchment. That will give you the moral high ground and will not create as many enemys as if you yourself take a sniper rifle and camps down outside Rome Blue Basic.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Hire the Lobster Men? But I thought those guys at the Omni1- grid exits ARE The Lobster Men! Or why do they always make us clanners pry open their carpaces to stop them acting up?

And yes, they could use some training. And some better equipment. And a course in manners. They are quite rude towards peaceful visitors lately.

Oh and while you're moving the grid exits ... why don't you just move all of Omni-1 instead? Like ... to another planet, maybe? I swear, no clanner will every again pop out of the grid or wompah to attack you! Promised!

On a more matter-of-factly point of view, these chases through Athens, Tir and Omni-1 are more like a sport for those who want to take part, and not really a war. Apart from some hapless guards, no civilian is drawn into these firefights unless he chooses so.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Tell that to the innocent citizens roaming the streets at the time of these attacks, gunned down in one shot by someone who thinks wearing a goat skull gives him the right to kill people for doing their job.

On another note, give us one good reason to leave Rubi-Ka, other than the classic "Omni-tek is evil" response I hear so many of you spewing. Stay in the North and you'll be left alone, but attack our cities and incur our wrath. We didn't start this war, but by God, we will finish it if it comes down to that.

I'm tired of ignorant fools such as yourselves who believe it is your right to hold all of this planet simply because our corporation underpaid your forefathers half a millennium ago. There is so much yet to be accomplished, and yet we still squabble over an insignificant event that took place before our great-great-grandparents were born. How can we expect to progress throughout the ages if we become stuck on a matter so trivial as five hundred year old backpay. Not even the bones of those wh ran the corporation in those times survive today.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Ok i have to agree with a post earlier, i see omni's coming in OA running around killing everything, this is a war people! wake up! your guards are slacking just like ours, i don't have a screenshot to show it but read my post on the Omni guard forum, the same thing that's happening to us is happening to you, we just don't whine about our problems on the forums, and the more security subject, i don't think that will help, that'll just make more clans come for the challenge,we're in a war, and you can't make the omnis unbeatable, so they can beat the clans and all the clans quit the game,plus, why is there not a clans guard forum? and you think omni cities should be upgraded? look at Old Athens and athens and tir, small cities built from stone, old athens is the most advanced city we have, you guys have cities filled with skyscrapers and all this money and technology, and you think you need better cities lol

Screenshot? War? Lol? Quit the game? What on Rubi-Ka are you talking about? Leets make more sense than that.

Officially, the Clans and Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka have not declared a war and thus there is no war. The ICC have legally given Omni-Tek the right to administrate over the southern half of Rubi-Ka for at least the next 50 years. Any actions on the part of the Clans or an outside party threatening this lease are in violation of the law.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Think some one ordered Loco-Fungus on his pizza instead of normal mushrooms.

((OOC: Shredlight, this is an In-Character forum. Please take that under concideration when you post.))
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

You also forget that Omni-Tek holds an official ICC lease on Rubi-Ka until 29950. We are sanctioned by the ICC to govern all of southern Rubi-Ka and defend it if necessary. Any clanner who attacks an Omni-Tek city is considered by ICC law to be a criminal, as no formal declaration of war has been issued by the Council of Truth or Omni-Admin. Omni-Tek reserves the right to defend itself against said criminal attacks with retaliatory strikes against said criminal acts, as it is, technically, an Omni-Tek owned planet, at least until the re-evaluation of the lease in 50 years by the ICC. Let this be known to any clan member who sets foot in an Omni-Tek city with hostile intent: You are in violation of the law. Not just Omni-Tek law, but ICC law, and this will reflect very poorly on you when ICC re-evaluates the aforementioned lease on the planet. The only thing keeping you from crossing over the line from official Rubi-Kan faction to an illegal rebellion is your standing with ICC, of which I am not impressed. Let it be known that ANY incursion into company territory will be met with stiff resistance, and retribution will be enacted to the full extent of the law.

See you in 50 years.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

On another note: This discussion is not regarding the improvement of Omni-Tek cities, only the measures currently being taken to secure them from rebel incursions and discussions regarding the renewed attacks by said rebels.

I must ask what "game" you are referring to. I hardly consider it a "game" when terrorists freely slaughter my fellow citizens in the streets without just cause!

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

What legal power enables the ICC to allow or forbid anything on this planet? Cause last time I checked it was a council where corporations settle things and not any form of elected government so it's decisions are of no importance to me.

But the problem is not just that clanners roam Omni-1 it cuts both ways. And it seems a form of bloodsport. Guards die. But so far no one died that was just a passer-by. At least they seem to hunt each other down and not any other tresspasser.

Train your guards better, damnit!

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Daimoness, i hate to say thig but that has to be the single most... i can´t find words for it.

What ICC says or does holds immense importance for you. Why? Because the ICC can extend the OT lease on Rubi-Ka for another millenia. How do you think your comment sitts with them? "She does not care about our rules and regulations, so why bother. Here you go Omni-Prime, another thousand years." Realy, you should think farther.

And also, the Clans should say nothing about goverments as long as their Council of Truth is nothing but a speakeasy for those Clans that can be bothered to attend.

Godess, some people can´t think outside their little comfortable shell.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

Originally posted by Daimoness
    What legal power enables the ICC to allow or forbid anything on this planet? Cause last time I checked it was a council where corporations settle things and not any form of elected government so it's decisions are of no importance to me.
    It may be your private believe that governments should be elected by the people, so what? In the course of humanity's long history we've experimented with many forms of government, theocracies, democracies, monarchies (constitutional and absolute), Communism, oligarchies, and of course corporate rule. Each sytem has it's pros and cons, each system had its moment.

The point is, your personal feelings redgarding government theory have absolutely no bearing on the fact that the ICC owns the lease of Rubi-Ka and that ultimately all Rubi-Ka's inhabitants fall under ICC law. This not a matter of opinion, it is fact. Whether you choose to recognise ICC law or not doesn't matter, ICC law recognises you. I mean, if I were a rabid Marxist and claimed I did not believe in private property, would that justify me stealing?

The fact of the matter is the Clans are descendents of ICC colonists living on an ICC world; a world not simply discovered but actually terraformed by an ICC member, Omni-Tek. How can you possibly claim you do not fall under ICC law? What amazing arrogance allows you to claim that since corporate rule, the means of government which billions of people subscribe to, isn't exactlyto your liking it is, ispo facto, illegitimate. What gives you the right to say that only your kind of form of government is valid?

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Jul 18th, 2004 at 22:44:59.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I see innocent people slaughtered in my streets on a daily basis! Shopkeepers selling their wares in Omni-Trade, people walking down the street in the entertainment district (OOC: Innocent named NPCs), even the BARTENDERS in many of our shops! What have these people done to deserve this? Deciding to pay the debt of honor they owe to Omni-Tek for bringing them to this world and making ours as great a civilization as any that have ever been, and ever will be? These people are not soldiers! They are normal people trying to eke out a living under constant fear of being cut down outside their homes! Most don't even carry a pistol to defend themselves!

Only a coward attacks someone with no means of fighting back.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Originally posted by Anualken

Only a coward attacks someone with no means of fighting back.
    First of all...*chuckles*...If you are in Omni-Entertainment district and you havent done anything in violation against a clanner or a neutral no clanner will ever think of attacking you ((this is a fact people! you can not be attacked unless your flagged or in a war area!))

Omni-Headquarters is an area where attacks are frequently hit.

If you're scared of getting shot...dont go there...simple as that.
    And if you do go there and get shot, don't come up here whining about it...cuz you shouldve known.
    Hell you think ill go walking around in 4 holes if I dont wanna get shot? If i do get shot there, i had it comin, i shouldve known. ((plz plz plz dont whine about getting shot when flagged or in a pvp area, its the whole risk of being flagged, YOU MIGHT GET SHOT! go hide in your appartement or sumtin.))

Only a coward attacks someone with no means of fighting back?

hmmm odd, when i was in Omni-Rome red district the person who i sent back to the reclaim sure did have means to fight me since he started the attack on me after I fled from a guard who had shot me....

very odd...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Why in heaven's name would we want to accept & respect ICC law when even their own members do not uphold it? E'en today, a Notum extraction base owned by the Clans, by LEGAL rights, was destroyed and taken over by an ICC affiliated organisation. And this is not an uncommon sight lately. Rumours even go as far as to say Omni-Tek is handing over huge sums of money and wares to those ICC organisations who partake in actions like this. No, we Clanners shall NOT bow before a corrupt galactic government!

More on topic, though, I believe the assaults on Omni-Tek towns and cities to be completely justified. With Omni-Tek having ICC in their pockets, who can we turn to for peaceful negotiations, without dooming ourselves? No one, I say. The only way to get things done our way is to fight!

Once again, the Assembly clan show their terrorist tendancies and is exactly why the Council of Truth have issues with their legitimacy. Terrorizing the population into submission is not freedom fighting. The Clan fight for freedom has become tainted with these armed thugs and hooligans that continue to ignore the laws set into place on Rubi-Ka by a galatic 'democracy' of corporations, the ICC.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Stormwynd
    Why in heaven's name would we want to accept & respect ICC law when even their own members do not uphold it? E'en today, a Notum extraction base owned by the Clans, by LEGAL rights, was destroyed and taken over by an ICC affiliated organisation.
    Which ICC organization? If it was a neutral organization, keep in mind that all neutrals are not associated with the ICC. In fact, I believe the only actual ICC affiliated force on Rubi-Ka is their Peace Keeping force. However, keep in mind that Secretary General Isidra Derousse allowed private mining in designated sites, but never set any system to determine the appropiate division of these mining sites. Attacks on the mining sites should be expected, until governmental bodies impose order.

And this is not an uncommon sight lately. Rumours even go as far as to say Omni-Tek is handing over huge sums of money and wares to those ICC organisations who partake in actions like this. No, we Clanners shall NOT bow before a corrupt galactic government!
    Can you substantiate these rumors, or are they unfounded propaganda?

More on topic, though, I believe the assaults on Omni-Tek towns and cities to be completely justified. With Omni-Tek having ICC in their pockets, who can we turn to for peaceful negotiations, without dooming ourselves? No one, I say. The only way to get things done our way is to fight!
    So, attacks on civilian targets are acceptable based on rumors alone. I hope your realize this is a dangerous precedent to allow yourself to take. In addition, perhaps if you drop the pessimistic victims mentality that forces you to believe that the ICC is corrupt because that is the rumor you have heard, then we can move to a settlement of our respective issues.

Who knows, the ICC you decry as corrupt might even allow you home rule, though I’m sure you’d reject even that offer from a corrupt galactic government.
    Last edited by Marisha; Jul 20th, 2004 at 16:34:42.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast