Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clans Step Up Attacks On Omni-1

Clans Step Up Attacks On Omni-1

Clans Step Up Attacks On Omni-1
    Douglass Garverick

OMNI-1 (OTPC) - The ever-popular Bronto Burger in the Entertainment District has recently had a new type of customer show up -- one inclined more to death and mayhem than biting into a Double Bronto Cheese. The Clans are attacking in force.

Lacking any apparent motivation beyond boredom, if the claims of Storm member "Mothman" can be believed, Clan members have been repeatedly striking at such gathering places as the Omni-Trade rid terminal, the Bronto Burger, and even the central statue in the Trade district.

"It seems like I fight the Clanners daily," says Cognizance member "Tradzskillz". "They like to stay close to the full suppression gas, for when we overpower them."

"Tradzskillz" is one of the many soldiers for Omni-Tek on the new front of the war -- a front found in our own streets and cities, at our homes and workplaces. Omni-1, that shining jewel of Rubi-Ka, has become a warzone in the conflict against the rebels. "The Clans attacked here like they do every day," said "Martialtrox", whom I ran into outside the Entertainment District Bronto Burger. "We counter-attacked, and they ran like cowards."

"A soldier with the Clans took the Grid to the Trade District, and was easily dispatched," adds Malcom "Elfixer" Mustache of the Illuminati detachment. "Sometimes they come in groups," adds fellow Illuminati member "Posid", "but they always end up getting killed."

As Jamior has informed us recently, the Omni-Tek guards are regrettably lacking in capability to defend against the Clan threat. But thanks to the efforts of loyal citizens like Tradzskillz, Martialtrox, and Elfixer, it is clear that the Clans cannot take advantage of it without paying a price that, were this not Rubi-Ka, would be most fatal indeed.

I've recently added a few notches to my guns myself. All were clanners who attacked guards in Omni-1. It's a sad state of affairs when citizens need to protect those who are supposed to be guarding them.

The clans need to be reminded that we have weapons that could glass their cities from orbit.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Well unfortunately this isn't limited to just those locations. ON more them one occasion I have seen these rouge clan attack the guard in Rome too when you inquire why you will get told “Its fun” It is a very sad day that the security around Lush Hills Resort has better security then the main Omni tech cities.

I'v seen Omni slain in Newland more than ever because they think before they act. Omni-tek like to think Clan are weaker, but they can't make it into Old Athens alive without vanguards showing them a bullet or fifty. Let alone stand ground to fight us themself.
    Katelin "Naiddean" Phare : Retired General of Angels of the Night
    Visit ourMessage Boards
    Teddy Bears have been nerfed
    The New and Improved AoTN HQ

Every day we see more and more Omni attack the citizens of Old Athens. Just the other day my comrades and I had to eliminate a cowardly sniper who decided to station himself on top of the buildings on Old Athens Hill. This cold blooded assassin somehow made it into Old Athens and rained havok down upon its populace with a high powered sniper rifle.

The clans WILL retaliate. If we have to take the fight to the heart of Omni-Tek itself, so be it. We will defend ourselves even at the cost of the lives of our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, husbands and wives. Make no mistake about it. Every transgression Omni-Tek stages against the Clans will be met with force and paid back in full.
    Borehound - Member of Coven of Hunters

Alts
    Sachiel - Engineer
    Jeraphen - Meta-Physicist
    Tabris - Keeper

This is a reminder to the Omni-Tek leadership to wake up! Upgrade the guards stationed in our cities and issue a statement regarding recent activities.

Give a name and department this employee was from to enable tracking which departments have decided to go rogue.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Borehound
    We will defend ourselves even at the cost of the lives of our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, husbands and wives. Make no mistake about it. Every transgression Omni-Tek stages against the Clans will be met with force and paid back in full.
    And what of yourselves?
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

It is time to do something about this outrageous situation.
    The people have spoken on several occasions and its all to clear our guards are under-equipped and under-trained.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Skirmishes into other cities through the wompah and grid systems become a daily routine and seem to become a new kind of sport on all sides.

Just a few days ago I spotted an Omni citizen walking through Athens yelling around obscenities and waiting for someone to attack him.

Such "sports" were, until recently, confined to the arena areas and certain outdoor regions, but now this bloody entertainment has reached the cities.

Seems like civilization on Rubi-Ka has made another "progress".

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

It is truly time for Mr Ross and the rest of the board to spend some money where it is needed.

For too long this sillyness from clammers have been going on, the guards needs to get better training and equipment as soon as possible!
    They need to be able to kick out the clammers themselves and not allways rely upon us citizens that come and throw them out.

Regards

Louis Cipher
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

edit:

Anyone have a reliable image host :P
    Last edited by Twisted; Jul 9th, 2004 at 10:36:01.

The Assembly Clan are hopeless.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Excuse me? If you would consider this an act of hopelessness please direct it towards me and not my clan since i am the one posting it.
    My clan had or has nothing to do with the things i say or do unless said so.

And I'm not the one being hopeless...what do I have to be hopeless about? Im just showing you that its a war and people invade other peoples cities.
    Only thing your doing is whining about it. and were not...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Ill take that as sarcasm Legaron.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

You may take it as you like.

Keeper of Assembly

I really beleive this goes both ways. Plenty of times I've seen Omni sitting around the Whompas in Old Athen waiting for a "flagged" Clanner to come along so they can attack. Lets not be so biased in our reporting, plzkthx.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

It does cut both ways Ben, you are quite right. The point however is that over the past three years while most other cities have upgraded, we Omni have lagged behind. As such we have become a soft target.

Now I don't much care whther it's the Dust Brigade or some other Clan, the Cyborgs, bored Omni misfits or the Lobester Men from the Deep who are going postal in Omni towns. I just want it stopped.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Jul 12th, 2004 at 18:46:40.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I think Savoy and Kithrak are both on to something... how much would it cost to hire Lobster Men from the Deep to guard our cities? They couldn't do a worse job than the current band of slackers we have.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Lobster Men from the Deep unfortunately wouldn't be able to live out of the water. However, it should be possible to move the Whompas and grid terminals to an artificial island and stock the water surrounding it with some of the bigger and more deadly creatures living in Rubi-Ka's more untamed waterways. With the addition of an Omni-Pol controlled drawbridge, Omnis and Neutrals could safely continue to visit. Clanners could, of course, brave both the moat and the bullets from the far shore, and some of them would probably make it. The rest would simply take care of keeping the moat creatures fed.

Having such a nature preserve would also serve as an additional attraction to bring tourists, or possibly those fancying an extreme form of adventure, to Rubi-Ka. The thought of potential customers always brightens my day.
    Xavoneth "Keyth" Keytovansher
    Rubi-Ka Survey Office
    Laze-Daze Resort Developments, LLC

"If you want the fun, we'll find you the sun"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast