Thread: The problem with the current QL system : No Variety and other problems

Lightbulb The problem with the current QL system : No Variety and other problems

The current QL system leaves alot to be desired , and may be the reason why players feel the lack of content in the game. This is easily seen in these places :

-Lower level mobs and Higher level mobs look similar

I mean those mutants just make them bigger at higher levels

- Low QL weapons weapons and higher QL sounds ,fires and looks exactly the same

The solution could be to change the colors and size and sound of the weapon for instand the sleekblaster could be coated in silver at higher levels or the beam of enforcers could change in size to show their strength .

- The higher level heal and the lower level heal looks exactly the same apart from the crystal and the nano icon. This goes with many other nanos

The solution could be to change the sound ,size and animation in these particle effects. I mean you should be able to change the parameters with the game engine I hope and all those sounds you havn't used in the AO folder.

- The pets varies little with about at most 3-4 changes in a whole characters life

Alright maybe not changing them at every pet level , but maybe every 2 or 3 but I'm sure all the engineers would like their slayerdroids to get bigger as they gain in strength ,and crats can have their droid change color or have bits like OT flags on them. Crats would like a gold plated droid won't they : )

- Many other things from lower to higher QL seems to have a lack of variation a 70ish person will look similar to a level 150.

To avoid that similarity you can award stuff for title levels to players. So for instance a doctor who hited level 100 might get a surgeon coat and a soldier who has too hitted level 100 can get some cool looking OT or Clan tags coat and a NT can get a cool computer on their arm ,

these items should be wore in a slot which nobody uses and will replace visually the current item in place is already their. So the best example will be that new cool looking soldier tag coat will go over their Primus Decus Coats and make them look different. This will help making High Level players actually feel different and powerful and you can easily see more distinct proffesions rather then everyone in 20k running around with Primus Decus Coats.

just an idea ,but I seriously think that the bots and weapons could be easily changed via doing easy modifications through textures. Tho there are lots of wepaons you can just change the one most used like Nova Flow and so on.

In fact if you go play a newbie you're experience will be similiar to high levels there isn't much variation. There are probaly more improtant issues to deal with now ,but just a nice thought of getting the feel of being "high level"

If Funcom would send me those weapon and bot textures with the UV map. I mean the mesh template on it I would gladly use my spare time to add modifications to different ql of these things even better with the mesh of course. I'm by student a 3D artist and work with 3D Studio Max R4 and I have worked as freelance before many times
    Last edited by Terranigma; Jun 12th, 2002 at 06:40:38.