Thread: Beggars Guild

Post Beggars Guild

Greetings.

I want to give you a profile of the newly founded "Beggars Guild" (faction : clan) as I might think it is a guild suitable for many new players.

The Beggars Guild is a newly started guild with a base of operations in Tir. The reason to why it was made is a small story in itself.

When I first tried out AO, I quickly found out it was mostly about doing missions and killing things for fun, or .. well, that's what it all looked like to me when I entered. What I wanted to do was to get involved with the story and play out a role. Not just get rich and earn money .. And so, after a lot of work, I got a beggars guild up and running.

The Beggars Guild probably sounds like a joke at first, and in many ways it is. We're the scum and the lowlives, the ones who'd do anything for a cred or a good laugh. But we do, of course, have a function.

We beggars are the ears of the street. What we want is to gather information. We want an ear on every street corner. Leave the animal-killing and mission fanatics to the others. We want to know the whats, wheres, whens and whodunnits!

That is in fact all we demand from our followers -> Keep your eyes and ears open and share information .. Should you decide to beg or have fun, well, that's just "furthering our disguise" ..

I'm probably starting to bore you now, but ..
    If you're new to Rubi-Ka and want to shape your own missions and agendas, just type "/tell fouloleron" ..

- Foul Ole' Ron, Head of the Beggars Guild
    Last edited by Didymus; Dec 5th, 2001 at 15:08:52.

lol, love your idea.

But must admit i one of those telling any beggar that dares ask me to go off and learn survive on RK by themselves, something evryone must sooner or later. The sooner the better.

Whish you good luck.

Thanks

Thanks a lot, Xeni

I could give some more information.
    We want to be a tool wich all the clans can use, and I think we manage to keep updated in the happenings on Rubi-Ka and maybe a little more. So, if you want to hear the latest news, don't hesitate to ask a beggar.

Also, most of our members are fit to survive on our own, but we are not the ones you'll see fighting on the battlefield. We are a guild that favours roleplay before missions and hunting, so even though we do gain a little level, we don't always have too much credits .. Nevertheless, we try to keep a monopoly on begging. This might not work, but at least we try

Well, that explains why Rubi-Ka is flat, and I can't get to the other side.

It's on the back of a giant turtle.. ;p

Foul Ole Ron, how do i contact you??? Or do you contact me??

contact

Hey Xeni

Well, If you want to contact me, just try '/tell fouloleron'.
    I says so in the first post, but I suppose it can be a little hard to find.

- Foul ole Ron

Cool

hehe yes it was very hard to find, but i see it now.

tnx, i contact you later.

Originally posted by LRRH
    Well, that explains why Rubi-Ka is flat, and I can't get to the other side.

It's on the back of a giant turtle.. ;p
    Hey man, All areas arent terraformed yet.

Duh!

Terraformed, or Turtleformed?

And I swear I saw a Barking Dog come flying past the other day...
    The Interactor

"If it was easy, then everyone would do it"

Recruitment

Hello

In my first post, I wrote that the beggars guild would probably be a good guild for those who wanted to "get under the skin" of Rubi-Ka happenings and politics.

Unfortunately, because of the guilds doings and the tension between clans and omni-tek, we don't allow low (Title level 1)members into the guild anymore without doing an extensive interview. The reason being, we are afraid to get infiltrators in the guild. There's a lot of free information running on the guild channel.

It is far too easy nowadays to make an alternative character or even switch sides. Why anyone would do this is beyond me, (Making alternative characters for spying? Tsk, bad form and roleplay) but we have to take precautions.

To those who may feel they were judged wrong by the guild, we're sorry, but we have to prioritise internal security.

- Foul ole' Ron, head of the beggars' guild.
    Last edited by Didymus; Jan 30th, 2002 at 13:15:38.