Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new "Root you in your Yalm and kill you" bug.

Welcome to the new "Root you in your Yalm and kill you" bug.

Yes, it's a bug. Anything that over-powerful is bugged. If the Soldier's shield was wrong, this is too. It's logically impossible and impractical to allow such as bug to go on. There's simply no logical reason anyone can give as to how someone can root you in your Yalmaha, suck you down to the ground, and then proceed to terminate you.

Since we are not allowed to defend ourselves in our vehicles, I think Funcom has only 2 choices - Either allow us to retaliate from the vehicle (and I don't mean give me machine guns or plasma cannons (though a nice pair of fuzzy dice would be good)), or eliminate the ability to root players in vehicles.

Since removing the ability to command pets from vehicles (due to exploiting/abusing it) and prior to the patch, there has been relative peace. But now, dare you venture into the wilds, you might get a nasty surprise. Those that can root, will. And soon you will find that the ground that was so far below is now stuck to your butt, and the lofty sky above is but a fading dream as you drift silently into that reclaim in the sky.

And this should apply to all vehicles. If you are in your vehicle - you can't attack, nor be attacked.

That alone should end all my days of getting gobbled up by Vultures...

Old discussion. Cosmik stated rooting vehicles is by design and will stay in the game, as well as the vulnerability of being in a vehicle.

Swerve

Originally posted by Swerve911
    Old discussion. Cosmik stated rooting vehicles is by design and will stay in the game, as well as the vulnerability of being in a vehicle.

Swerve
    well... I wouldn't use "by design" but I think he made it clear that there needed to be some risks involved in using a vechile and it can't make things "too safe".

he was receptive to the idea of being able to get out and into the fight faster however and I think that is all people want. If I get rooted while in flight then I expect to be able to get out of my plane and shoot back.

How about something on the order of an emergency eject? Of course if you are too far off the ground you will take considerable damage in the fall but if you can deal with that you will at least be able to fight back.

I would prefer flying Omni-Tek fighter jets patrolling the skys. I would prefer Vultures that could actually attack you. I would not mind Air-to-Air combat between the factions.

The rooting and killing is a needed stopgap measure necessitated by the limitations of the game world and the game engine.

If this is removed, you essentially have a 5 million credit invunerability item that is sold in the stores.

So you're saying it would be an awful thing to be immune to ganking when you're minding your own business trying to get to a mission that happens to send you to a PvP zone? Not like the person in the Yalm can attack from it, so who cares? Guess the only people really wanting this to stay as is are the ones who enjoy killing people who can't fight back.

Well I agree about the rooting, I think it is really lame that people looking for a quick gank can take advantage of someone being in a vehicle. I don't think you should be totally invulnerable in a car or anything, but you should at least be able to run away if someone jumps you, since you are basically totally defenseless.

hahaha bug??? man this is called Car-Jacking You dont like it dont come up in pvp zone with a plane/car.

Especially now that FC gave me my ski mask and shyt..better not catch you in a pvp zone.you will get carjacked with the quick fast
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

No, it's called "I suck too much at PVP to get a title by fighting people who can defend themselves". They need a new title for people who root people in cars, "Loser Ganker". :-P

Just fly higher - Dont make a big deal out of nothing

Fly higher or make the guards actually DO something...I made the mistake of flying too low over 2HO to whompa back to Omni-1 (I'm OT) and some clanner 130+ (he was deep red to me at 108) Ganked me...rooted me in my yalm..and started shooting...I'm an MP in the middle of supposedly one of the more secure OT bases...WHY is it so easy for a clanner to get inside here when most clanners would be torn apoart by the guards at the SFH op?
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

I dont mind being root and forced to fight.

But I hate being a sitting duck during the precious seconds waiting to unequip the yalm.

I forgot why they added the delay for equiping Yalm.

But I really don't see why that delay should apply to unequiping.

Should at least let us fight it out fair and square.

Wouldn't matter had i even been ABLE to get out of my yalm...I'm an MP...and an MP in a yalm can't cast..plus it ttakes forever to cast my pet..and all i got besides that is a whimpy 500 point nuke dropped to 250 in PVP..like anyone 75+ is going to CARE about that measly 250points of damage? naaaah. MPs=No gun till 150ish..
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Most people who get rooted in their yalm happen to be hovering over a combat zone sending information to thair guild, etc. They deserve to be rooted and killed. If they are flying at full speed, and away from the area, there is no reason that they should be caught.

As for you Warsprite, if you are so worried about getting out of your plane when rooted, I suggest you just use Quantum Wings in areas where this might happen.
    -bb

haha, get out of your plane then run through 25% you crackerheads. if you get caught in yalm there, that's what you get for being careless. it has happened to me on several occasions and yes i agree it does suck. i didn't like it at all so i power leveled for awhile and now i run through same areas on foot because now i can actually fight back.

mp's in yalms?? why? you get quantum wings, why would you even waste the credits and ip's on a yalmaha?

for all you whiners out there remember this...25% you can guarantee you are gonna be attacked by at least several people at one time, if you are unprepared for it and die, that's your fault. next time, be prepared or avoid the area until you can be prepared :P

So you're saying it would be an awful thing to be immune to ganking when you're minding your own business trying to get to a mission that happens to send you to a PvP zone?
    It's really very simple: If you don't want to be affected by PvP, don't go into a PvP zone.

Swerve, who doesn't PvP

I love my MA's Green Run Speed. Who needs vehicles?

Well.. to funny

This is nothing new. Players have been rooted in planes for ever and there is a FC comment on it. Yes, my enforcer will root anyone crazy enough to fly in 25% . No it's not cause i can't fight other wise . It's cause im bored and i think people are silly for doing it. So if you can root me while in my plane ..please do. I'll get around to rooting you back.

Originally posted by Mnemesis
    Most people who get rooted in their yalm happen to be hovering over a combat zone sending information to thair guild, etc. They deserve to be rooted and killed. If they are flying at full speed, and away from the area, there is no reason that they should be caught.

As for you Warsprite, if you are so worried about getting out of your plane when rooted, I suggest you just use Quantum Wings in areas where this might happen.
    U are wrong. I happen to be an explorer and like flying around.

Flew past a 25% zone, tot I was quite safe and pretty high up. I always TAB to checkout for possible PVP hazzards too.

Didn't see a thing and next thing I know.. I'm on the ground.

The NT who rooted me took a while to reach where I fell. But I stil haven't got out of plane yet.

I think there is a bug. He probably targetted me in 25% zone, started to cast, and I flew past into a safe zone (my run speed is pretty good.. abt 700) but we can still fight ??

Arrow

The level of gas simply determines whether you can *start* combat. And targetting etc. for a nano is determined when you *start* casting, not when you actually cast.

But if your over 40m off the ground you should not be rootable, as after all, nothing has range over 40m...

Of course, range and line-of-sight all seem somewhat screwed
    up when the z-axis is involved...

And you should be able to get out of a Yalm faster, no problem with the equip time, just the unequip...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast