Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP needs another bracket.

Lightbulb logically

*** WARNING: This post uses the word 'paradigm' ***

For good or ill, as a programmer, I see the world in black&white terms.
    PvP in AO is for 1 of 2 things but not both. (XOR) :

1) For people to fight other people in a manner like they fight monsters.

OR

2) To increase the feeling / fighting of Clan vs Omni.

Pick one. Not two, not zero, just one.

Clearly, if AO is to be paradigm #1, then tighter level restrictions are the way to go. But if it is to be paradigm #2, then there should probably be no level restricitons at all in PvP.

I think FC is trying to reach a balance between the two.
    Should FC have picked 1 xor 2?
    Is it a good idea to try to balance the two?
    Did FC manage to reach that balance?
    Is the Euro a good idea?
    Is Jackie Chan better than Jet Lee?

All matters of opinion.
    RK2
    BigStupid
    ChasyLane

I think I can answer your question 69... Jackie Chan... hands down... Dude has moves that just ain't natural...
    Proud advisor of Project Eden
    www.aoprojecteden.org

The one thing that you need to consider with all this is the actual effects.

Sure idealy it will open PvP up a bit. But I also think that it will make a mess of pvp. As said before you wil have groups of level 129 twinks going into kill taraesque... or hold 2ho. Then i cant do anything about it. I have to sit around and watch.

The point is... sure, maybe rais the limit to be 1-100, and 100-200... that might not be ass bad, but it still will only mean i have to level another twink, jsut to be able to compete with all the level 129 people. I enjoy playing my soldier no matter how borring it gets. I like my main, thats all... a level 200 should be able to kill a few people that are that fare below, but if you get a team, or maybe 2 teams of level 75 people, they can almost surley kill the level 200 player... It should be that hard. a team of people around level 130 can kill a single high level player easy.

(Note: This excludes that fact that some professions are not balanced in PvP.)

Just my opinion...

Oh, and from my experience alot of the people who get killed at lower level by high level players, end up doing it to others when they become high level.

When I was level 75ish i knew what was ahead of me, if i was alone and didnt want to die I avoded 2ho/pvp zones...

sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

I think one of two things need to happen.
    1) if PvP stays the way it is, the some sort of lower bracket needs to be brought in.
    2) if Funcom ever manages to get the idea of group PvP working, Then they need to add somethings that ONLY low levels can do, so it is up to the higer levels to keep them alive so they can get it done. Imagine an assualt on a fortress, where only people from level 75 -90 can sneak past the level 400 npc guards to open the gate? the higher up players on the attacking force have to keep those low levels alive so that they can open up the gate for them, while everyone on the defending side is trying to kill them (so no change on that side ).

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Read my sig. enough said
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

The bracket I suggest is 75-129. 150 would be well within the highest bracket and unable to engage a 75-100.

Personally, I've found that a 96 can engage and defeat a level 122. Perhaps a 75 vs 129 would be to much, but it would be much better than the typical 75 vs 130+.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12