Thread: nelebs coat and SoM

nelebs coat and SoM

Alright, I know who and where Neleb is. I know I wouldnt mind having that robe for my upcoming MP. Couple questions I was hoping for help with that I have seen conflicting info related to.

First and foremost: Is the robe no drop or not? Antiguardians says NO DROP. Posts on the robe claim camping by high levels to give to alts which implies they will loot and then give to others. Does NO DROP in this case NOT also mean NO GIVE? I guess I always relate the two, but maybe NO DROP just refers to pvp in this case? Or is it really drop? Or..........?

Next: If you had 2 MA's and an adventurer, all around level 50, would we even have a shot at accomplishing the fight to neleb and then defeat him? Will be a non-point if the robe is no-give anyway, but then the question would change to MA, adv and MP. These are basically slightly twinked, but not really by much, characters.

Next: is Neleb/SoM camped on RK2?

Next: anyone know for sure the current respawn rate on Neleb?

Lastly: anything else I should know about this?

Thanks for any and all info. Got burned on the Dodga quest and didnt get my pads when I gave the brain thing to him, just got the second quest stuff and now the timer will expire before I can do the mission and return to him, bleh. So just not looking to get burned in getting clear to Neleb only to find him camped and on a 24 hour spawn timer!
    Wrongdoer MP RK2
    currently being served by:
    Morbidity (aggroer)
    Bodybag (healer)
    Bozo (mez)

Expire - MA RK2

Expire,

The robe is No Drop. What you are hearing about with high levels giving the robe to their alts is most likely them going in grouped with the low level and an engineer who can do a beacon warp. The High Levels go to Steps of Madness and fight their way through to Neleb. The Engineer beacon warps the low level in to loot neleb after he is dead. As to 3 level 50's going into the steps to get a robe.....possible but not likely. MOB's in there have an incredible number of hitpoints for their level. And Neleb has that incredible shield he casts, takes quite sometime to take him down usually. Not sure if Neleb is camped on RK2, as I am on RK1. And I think the respwan rate on Neleb is around 30 minutes, but I can't be sure about that, as it has been a while since I was last in there.

Nivenyrral 141st Omni Engineer
    Sometime President of the Band of Brothers

Neleb

I'm on RK2, and Steps is never camped. If you;re really unlucky there may be another person there, but not very often. One big advantage of playing on RK2 is the lack of camping for anything. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just nowhere near as often as RK1. I think the most popular campsite is the Lab Director or Smugglaz. Neither of which are a big deal.

thx for the info Nivenyrral! I had seen some comments that the warp or something similar might have been the case, but wasnt positive. And had read how mobs were harder than their color con in there as well, bleh, had hoped for happier news, but thanks anyway :-)

thx for the camping comments lech, at level 52 now I havent even thought about checking on any of these spawns until now, apparently might want to wait a bit longer tho. I am not in a guild and therefore have to rely on me and my friends firepower, which seems as if it might fall just a bit shy of what is needed right now. Oh well, I am a *somewhat* patient person )
    Wrongdoer MP RK2
    Morbidity (aggroer)
    Bodybag (healer)
    Bozo (mez)

Expire - MA RK2

Well...

I wouldn't go so far as to say Neleb is never camped on RK2, because I have run into other groups in the SoM, but yes, it should be much easier than on RK1.

Neleb's timer is 20 minutes not 24 hours...
    And remember...

"Be glad you're not an NT"

Angdao, Nanomage Male, level 77 Nano-Technician
    [Leader of The Shadow School]
    Angdau, Opifex Female, Level 55 Martial Artist
    [White Knight]
    *Will commit to cybersex for a minimum of 500,000 credits*
    Kaninabeh, Atrox, Level 26
    *Adventurers are fun *
    Angcrat, Level 7 Beureaucrat
    Angbash, Level 16 Enforcer
    Angtao, level 2 Agent
    *All omni* *meow*
    -=Making Newbies /terminate since April 2002=-

All wounds will heal, but the scars shall never fade. - Angdao

Neleb's respawn time is 30 minutes, not 20. You might be able to do it with three level 50-somethings with a lot of persistence. You should know that the monsters in there have about 1 million hps each. Neleb himself does not hit that hard, but he puts up this crazy shield and then you can only do like a max of 50 damage to him or something even if you normally hit for 2,000, so it takes forever to kill him. Last time I went in to kill him it took over 10 minutes of 4 people whacking on him to take him down. What you should do is take your MP and keep hitting him with Unmake:Spacetime so he can't put the shield up.

Aside from the robe, there are some other nice items in there for people of your level. Three different kinds of gloves that add to blunt weapon skills, edged weapon skills, and nano skills. My doc is still wearing a pair of the "Loving Hands". Also there is a crit-enhancing head implant thing, and I saw a ton of IQ rings on the monsters I killed in there. Even if you don't make it all the way to Neleb it might be worth a trip there. Maybe round up 2 or 3 more people around your level to be safe.
    Last edited by Cayana; Jun 12th, 2002 at 04:09:06.

If you ever need help obtaining this robe I will be happy to assist you.

/tell Taldrin ingame.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Originally posted by Taldrin
    If you ever need help obtaining this robe I will be happy to assist you.

/tell Taldrin ingame.
    thx for the offer taldrin! :-) My MP is only 18 right now, so he cant wear it for a bit longer anyway, tho he is leveling about twice a mission now, just need to devote a bit of time to him. Once he gets a bit higher he will be my new main as I love the ability to do high nano buffs and nano programming and the future vision of me levitating around with a cacodemon following me around is just too inviting! If you are really serious about your offer, what minimum level would you require my MP to be before taking him? He will probably be 20 at lunch today. *btw* i get an error message when i try to click on the ecodisaster site.......

Cayana, thanks for the info on the gloves! Do they just drop off any of the mobs in there, or named ones or.........? My adv friend just ipr'd from BBI pistols to the Type F adv executioner 1he swords and could maybe use the edged gloves if they are 1he.
    Last edited by Wrongdoer; Jun 12th, 2002 at 16:17:31.
    Wrongdoer MP RK2
    Morbidity (aggroer)
    Bodybag (healer)
    Bozo (mez)

Expire - MA RK2

I will also aid in obtaining the robe for you.

I *should* have it now, but unfortunately the last time I was there someone payed me 2 million credits to let his alt get it.

I wasn't gonna complain rofl
    And remember...

"Be glad you're not an NT"

Angdao, Nanomage Male, level 77 Nano-Technician
    [Leader of The Shadow School]
    Angdau, Opifex Female, Level 55 Martial Artist
    [White Knight]
    *Will commit to cybersex for a minimum of 500,000 credits*
    Kaninabeh, Atrox, Level 26
    *Adventurers are fun *
    Angcrat, Level 7 Beureaucrat
    Angbash, Level 16 Enforcer
    Angtao, level 2 Agent
    *All omni* *meow*
    -=Making Newbies /terminate since April 2002=-

All wounds will heal, but the scars shall never fade. - Angdao

I can take you at any level, I will fight my way through and kill neleb for you, then warp you to his body...or if you want to see the sights as it were you can come through the steps with me

You need I think 231 in all 6 nano skills to use it, but if you don't have those skill levels yet you can just put it in the bank until you have.
    Last edited by Taldrin; Jun 12th, 2002 at 18:23:06.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Originally posted by Taldrin
    I can take you at any level, I will fight my way through and kill neleb for you, then warp you to his body...or if you want to see the sights as it were you can come through the steps with me

You need I think 231 in all 6 nano skills to use it, but if you don't have those skill levels yet you can just put it in the bank until you have.
    i would actually like it very much if I could tag along in person to "see the sights" as I have not really had the pleasure of seeing a character actually over level 80, much less 163, in action yet. Also have not been in any of the static dungeons yet and would be a blast to see one. I guess if somehow something noticed me and killed me, then could fall back on the warp, but hey, I can always put my little heal pet on your bot, heh. I will see if I can catch you ingame and send you a tell so we can chat, thanks so much!

As to the reqs, yeah, my highest buffs to 170ish now, but my lowest is quite a bit lower. Antiguardian says the req includes >=level 36 anyway. I just think it looks really neat and is actually useful too. It is just too bad it doesnt buff nano programming as well :-(

Angdao, thx for the offer as well. My intention when I started this thread was not to elicit offers of help, just info, so both of your offers are doubly appreciated. I feel like a little kid looking at a toy on a store shelf knowing I will be at home playing with it soon, lol
    Wrongdoer MP RK2
    Morbidity (aggroer)
    Bodybag (healer)
    Bozo (mez)

Expire - MA RK2

Originally posted by Expire

Cayana, thanks for the info on the gloves! Do they just drop off any of the mobs in there, or named ones or.........? My adv friend just ipr'd from BBI pistols to the Type F adv executioner 1he swords and could maybe use the edged gloves if they are 1he.
    They drop off certain types of mobs, I believe Fragment of Sanity dropped the Loving Hands (+nano skills), but I don't recall which mobs dropped the other ones. All the monsters in there have pretty crazy names, but I think the only unique one is Neleb. And maybe the Greeter.