Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Talking I'll just go clan :P

Better equipment thats a joke you got omni pol stuff which never use anyway. I can just make character shop omni stores if I need better equipment I would rather have the advantages. If you have join a Funcom run guild get an omni advantage guess that kinda screws up the player ran factions.

Stigma Rifle should be Clan only, just because of its description.
    NT phone HOME!!

Get this.

Clan can use Omni Shops, but Omni cant use Clan shops.

What the hell kind of crap is that? Hey thats an advantage, you get more shops than us. You get your shops and our shops.

(the only shops that are Omni only are the OT Clothing and OT Basic Devices, neither of which have anything that anyone wants)

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    Get this.

Clan can use Omni Shops, but Omni cant use Clan shops.

What the hell kind of crap is that? Hey thats an advantage, you get more shops than us. You get your shops and our shops.

(the only shops that are Omni only are the OT Clothing and OT Basic Devices, neither of which have anything that anyone wants)
    a couple of days ago i discovered how insignificant the cash issue is between clan and omni shops.

it seems we clanners can use the basic omni shops, just not the ones with anything that is omni only. and i really really would not mind being able to walk into an omni shop and buy a med suit anytime i want. i know most of the people that want to get implants in without spending 74 treatment points worth of ip sure would love a full med suit. that is a lot more people than 'neither of which have anything that anyone wants' implies.

back to the cash differential. i went to a clan shop and gave a shop term some blook plasma. it offered me 6k for it. i took the same blood plasma to an omni shop and it offered me 9k. 50% more. i took that offer.

insignificant? not in the least, especially at levels below 100 when you are scrimping for cash to get a good equipment and a yalm. once the yalm is down everything is easier. until then, it hurts to get 50% less cash on all sales to shops. this means that an omni character can get a yalm 1/3 quicker than a character that sells their stuff to clan shops only.

does that seem like an insignificant omni advantage? no, not by a long shot.

all the clanners out there that don't know this are getting only 2/3 of the cash their omni counterparts are.

i was a bit skeptical of giving clanners a noticable advantage; i still am. in this light, though, giving clanners a slight advantage does not seem unreasonable at all.

$

your bank account means nothing in combat however.

money is not a big enough problem post-newb levels
    that it is easy for anyone of either side to be implanted
    and equiped to the best of thier abilities.

so a clanner getting skill buffs without omnis getting a true
    equipment advantage would be imbalancing at this point.

i'm all for the concept tho;
    as long as both sides get what they are promised.

Changing sides and losing tokens:

I tested this out first hand.

When you change sides you do *not* lose any tokens. You just no longer see your tokens from the previous side.

When you change back and click your board you will notice that your token total is intact.

So a clanner with a 1000 token board can switch to Omni Tek, equip the armor, switch back to clan, get whatever their *advantage* is going to be, and still have a 1000 token board.

Originally posted by Thyrra

a couple of days ago i discovered how insignificant the cash issue is between clan and omni shops.

it seems we clanners can use the basic omni shops, just not the ones with anything that is omni only. and i really really would not mind being able to walk into an omni shop and buy a med suit anytime i want. i know most of the people that want to get implants in without spending 74 treatment points worth of ip sure would love a full med suit. that is a lot more people than 'neither of which have anything that anyone wants' implies.

back to the cash differential. i went to a clan shop and gave a shop term some blook plasma. it offered me 6k for it. i took the same blood plasma to an omni shop and it offered me 9k. 50% more. i took that offer.

insignificant? not in the least, especially at levels below 100 when you are scrimping for cash to get a good equipment and a yalm. once the yalm is down everything is easier. until then, it hurts to get 50% less cash on all sales to shops. this means that an omni character can get a yalm 1/3 quicker than a character that sells their stuff to clan shops only.

does that seem like an insignificant omni advantage? no, not by a long shot.

all the clanners out there that don't know this are getting only 2/3 of the cash their omni counterparts are.

i was a bit skeptical of giving clanners a noticable advantage; i still am. in this light, though, giving clanners a slight advantage does not seem unreasonable at all.
    Take that same plasma and have an Omni sell it to an Omni shop.

you said one of the advantages for clans might be that we have better zones.... that sure is a load of bullsh*t considering omni has FAR better zones, and always has... all of our spawns and such have been f*cked with, and theirs are pretty stable, and perfect for hunting.

making some clan-only static dungeons would be nice... it would not only keep that particular dungeon from being overcrowded so easily, but would also make some special items inside that dungeon only available to Omnis if they paid an inflated price to clanners.... just a thought anyway.

Re: $

Originally posted by Scumbug
    money is not a big enough problem post-newb levels
    that it is easy for anyone of either side to be implanted
    and equiped to the best of thier abilities.
    I am level a modest 98 enforcer. I'd be happy to get 100K from you anytime. I still can use them very much.

By the way I will gladly take 100k for every post that say 'uh dude money is not a problem' ... come to me baby and prove your point. I will be posting the name of the omnis that can prove me they don't need money *that much*.

---> /tell gummizluv Hey money is not an advantage I have 100k for you !
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Megalocephaly
    you said one of the advantages for clans might be that we have better zones.... that sure is a load of bullsh*t considering omni has FAR better zones, and always has... all of our spawns and such have been f*cked with, and theirs are pretty stable, and perfect for hunting.
    Sorry, but one of the best hunting places for lvl100-150 is the cyborgs at Mort.

Please name one Omni controlled zone where lvl100-150 players can hunt.

It may not be fair for clanners but who has always had it harder the ruling class or the rebels? Rebels!!! thats why they are rebelling. If everyone were treated equal and fairly thered be no reason for rebellion. They're fed up with the crap there getting fed down their throats. It should be a bigger challenge for clanners. And as for having to be in a org to get your bonus...why not? think about the name clanner. You can't be a lone lone clanner because then you're not a clanner, you're a loner. Theres reason behind the organization thing. The people have to work together to overthrow the oppressive rulers.

-Arminis Bartek

Originally posted by Toxcin
    Please name one Omni controlled zone where lvl100-150 players can hunt.
    Ace camp in efp...
    NT phone HOME!!

lol

Originally posted by Garzu

Ace camp in efp...
    Aces Camp is not omni-controlled.

Aces Camp is in a politcal zone, where clan griefers go
    to gank the omnis half thier level, because omnis have
    nowhere as nice to earn XP as the clan-only save-terminal
    10 feet away from cyborgs in Mort.

That's why you just do missions after level90
    until you get so bored you quit the game.

Why you make this so complicated?

Just let the equipment drop after zone if it doesnt meet side requements....

Make couple nice OT only weapons so omni will shut up and not yank that for some reason we geting better.

And thats it clans have less shop they sell for less in shop and buy for more.
    We dont have Omni Pol Armor... (even Primus Armor is a lot Better) well make Omni Pol best armor in game. Make it all kind.
    Omni Pol str/sta, Omni Pol agi/str, Omni Pol sense/agi, Omni Pol physic/sta, Omni Pol int/phy. Why not? Mak omni armor coat. I am sure that claner with better hamer will be same storng as omni with omni weapons and armor.

We are clans we should have advantage just becouse we fight for reason. Like variours get stongere when they defend their territory.

I dont care about armor all i want is +30 to Time and Space and Matter Creation

yes

even in broken english the point is clear . .

you cannot give ALL clan players something that
    gives them an advantage in combat without giving
    ALL omni players an equal combat advantage.

the concept is fine,
    clan = skill bonus, omni = equipment bonus
    everybody is just afraid it's going to be implemented
    unfairly to the benefit of the opposing side . . .

IF omnipol armor really was significantly superior,
    and IF it were available to all omnis regardless
    of breed/profession (not just str/stam users)
    then that's a good place to start the foundation
    of balancing in some equivilent clan advantages.

remember,
    the conflict only really works if the sides are relatively balanced.
    Currently 65%+ of players are clan;
    if the clan side were given bonuses that totally overshadowed
    the pathetic 'equipment advantage' omnis have now,
    all the players who want the edge in PvP would need to go clan,
    and the population could easily become 75% clan / 20% omni / 5% neutral.
    lol . . so much for that whole 'underdog' idea.
    Last edited by Ejeckted; Feb 5th, 2002 at 18:10:13.

one more comment

one more comment.

re: the omni equipment advantage,
    I would like to see this manifiested in more than just armor,
    or else the current problem of all players/professions being
    clones of eachother will get even worse.

i also want tradeskill armor for either side:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&threadid=8729

omni equipment advantages could also be implemented in
    the form of the non-visible shoulderpads,
    and in nice little useful bonus items like the omni-med suit.
    (that actually are only able to be worn by omni players)

clan guild bonuses do not make them sacrifice any diversity
    and i dont think omni players should have to either.
    (as a citizen, there are no mandatory uniforms)

i know, i know... im actually bumping a sticky :)

i know this was back on the front pages but i just wanna bump Transcendent, «¤ W¥RM ¤», Gummizluv, and WGMelchior's ideas about dress code again. being forced into ugly sets of armor or drab suits while the clanners make their own clothes might be more plausable RP-wise.

walking around in a riot of color should be a clanner right and infact i could see shops to deck out your backpack with streamers and color... you'd feel privalaged to wear a "kick me" or the higher qual "kick omni" signs. i could even see the amnesty tension thickening when the omni corp decides the clanners are corrupting their employees' minds and institute a dress code for employees in omni cities. the idea that guards would offer omni jobs to omni employees in the wrong dress is great! "harrass delta 2" ?

i love the idea about wearing clanner symbols... maybe it might have a req for "clan conceal 1 / omni conceal of 60" and if spotted in it you're treated as a clanner. same with omni-only armor, IMO. infact, wouldnt it be nice as a clanner to have a way to scratch the omni logo off your armors?? visable gashes would look rebelous!

more conformity in omni armors, weapons +(&)+ easier tradeskill clanner social armor and weapon customization!

Originally posted by Scumbug
    as a citizen, there are no mandatory uniforms
    im gonna check the book but i think you're an employee. speaking of med suits, unless you're *IN* omni-med or omni-pol you probably shouldnt be wearing their armor in omni cities, but it'd be okay for clanners since noone's there to tell them how to dress. the requirements are backwards. if anything, it should've been nodrop / nosell in shops or omni hands unless you're an omni fixer / trader.
    Last edited by crikket; Feb 5th, 2002 at 21:53:43.
    ÷÷÷Crikket the Gunsmith÷÷÷
    "I like my work and I hope you do, too -- but if you don't, I really couldn't care less. Take me or leave me -- but don't bug me." -- Johnny Carson

Hm, do clanner pet classes get attacked/killed by their own guards, or is it just omni ones?

huge advantage right there =)

crikket

"more conformity in omni armors, weapons +(&)+ easier tradeskill clanner social armor and weapon customization!"

crikket,
    I understand the RP concept behind saying omnis should be uniformed etc,
    but the problem is .. omni players are not NPCs;
    they are gamers just like you, who want options for
    customizing thier characters just like you.

also, tradeskills should never be omni-only or clan-only
    as it would force all the players primarily interested
    in tradeskills to one side ..

side should be a RP decision, not one forced by gamemechanics.

Re: i know, i know... im actually bumping a sticky :)

Originally posted by crikket
    i know this was back on the front pages but i just wanna bump Transcendent, «¤ W¥RM ¤», Gummizluv, and WGMelchior's ideas about dress code again. being forced into ugly sets of armor or drab suits while the clanners make their own clothes might be more plausable RP-wise.

walking around in a riot of color should be a clanner right and infact i could see shops to deck out your backpack with streamers and color... you'd feel privalaged to wear a "kick me" or the higher qual "kick omni" signs. i could even see the amnesty tension thickening when the omni corp decides the clanners are corrupting their employees' minds and institute a dress code for employees in omni cities. the idea that guards would offer omni jobs to omni employees in the wrong dress is great! "harrass delta 2" ?

i love the idea about wearing clanner symbols... maybe it might have a req for "clan conceal 1 / omni conceal of 60" and if spotted in it you're treated as a clanner. same with omni-only armor, IMO. infact, wouldnt it be nice as a clanner to have a way to scratch the omni logo off your armors?? visable gashes would look rebelous!

more conformity in omni armors, weapons +(&)+ easier tradeskill clanner social armor and weapon customization!

im gonna check the book but i think you're an employee. speaking of med suits, unless you're *IN* omni-med or omni-pol you probably shouldnt be wearing their armor in omni cities, but it'd be okay for clanners since noone's there to tell them how to dress. the requirements are backwards. if anything, it should've been nodrop / nosell in shops or omni hands unless you're an omni fixer / trader.
    Would be hillarious for every omni in steel ribbed, obtru or nadir armor to get whacked by their own guards mistaking them for clan :P

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast